Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE: [Syndicate Concept] Matagi - Monster Slayers & [Empryean Open World] The Eris Graveyard

(XBOX)Nightseid

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hivemind - bounty mission idea

"Do you know why the infested fear us? For we can free the trapped souls of the hivemind" ~Sudek (matagi)

Premise: The hivemind is an 2+ person spy/defense mission. The events starts with mass of infested trying to attack the Matagi flotilla hovering about the planets surface. Tenno must race to find 3 + drone commanders and destroy them, catch is this drone commanders are invincible. The using transference the tenno must invade the drone commanders mind and destory their link; all the while your comrades fight off hordes on infested flying towards the floatilla.

Inside the hivemind. Similar to the mountain pass quest, this is an operator only mission where tenno must traverse the twisted psyche of the hive mind. Operators should be aware of oni or onis, psyche remnants of infested victims. If you manage to break the drone commander's link all the surrounding infested under their command will wither.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard not to get excited that possibly similar ideas I have listed may make their way, granted it's not eris, but eris does need some exploration too, maybe a just a free flight railjack mission node.

I hope it's not just Deimos is not just a tileset with the same missions and that DE adds randomized exploration dungeons etc. 

More mining...ugh. I'm for railjack/archwing free flight mining but not another open world one. Could we a get a go-between trade that trades resources isolated maps, etc... but more beast hunting. SWEET! Now DE let's hope theres more big monsters to hunter than just the 2 mothras.

On 2020-07-28 at 8:43 PM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

More mining...ugh. I'm for railjack/archwing free flight mining but not another open world one. Could we a get a go-between trade that trades resources isolated maps, etc... but more beast hunting. SWEET! Now DE let's hope theres more big monsters to hunter than just the 2 mothras.

This is another infested assassin concept. Mainly just to look at the new things they could add. Infested needs some more love.

So with the (upcoming) release of the Heart of Deimos I felt it necessary to revamp my concept a bit. Here it is below, I also posted it in the original post too: 

Prior to the Heart of Deimos announcement, the infested had a benign presence. Lurking but not harmful outside of the few quest or events like the plague star event or the certain Warframe quests like Once Awake or Patient Zero. Unless you were around in 2014 to play the series of events and operations that centered around the infested and gave them recent relevance and threat, including their evolution to infect non-organic life.

Below is a quick story/event outline if you do not already know:

-         Once Awake (Quest): our first engagement with the infest faction, where Dr. Tengus accidentally releases a small strain but we destroy it before it gets out of hand.

-         Suspicious Shipments (2014 Alert Event), no longer playable- Alad V exposes the Corpus with the mutalist strain cause a mass outbreak.

-         2014 Operation: Breeding Grounds, no longer playable – we learn that Alad V has been experimenting on the infested allowing it to evolve to corrupt inorganic life.

-         2014 Operation: Mutalist Incursions, no longer playable - more experimentation and new infested creatures: Mutalist MOAs etc.

-         Patient Zero (quest): where we fight an Alad V infested with the Mutalist strain. Which he is later cured of from the aftermath of the Operation: Tubemen event.

-         Jordas Precept (Quest): we fight an infested ship mind-melded with a Cephalon Jordas floating in space near Eris. Which I believe is only possible because of the events that Alad V set in motion that enabled the infested to bond to non-organic life.

As you see our interaction with the infested has been limited. This concept is more of my attempt to continue that current story, I am glad we will delve into the infested past in the heart of Deimos update. I just also want to keep exploring the Mutalist strain and Eris.

Part 1: Monster Slayer

The infested are the perfect enemy to have a monster hunting type of gameplay or game loop, more so than the Eidolon hunting. Eidolon hunting is fine but waiting for the night cycle takes too long and the Ropalolyst feels more like a traditional boss fight.

A new syndicate called the Matagi would introduce players to the monster hunting game mode. This syndicate would be available once players complete the Once Awake quest line. Player can engage with the syndicate within the Tenno relays, much like Cephalon Simaris or Teshin. Another function of the Matagi would be to fill the story gaps of the Alad V Mutalist events for newer players, this can be either via a quest line or simply by lips service.

The Matagi – (is an actual name of Japanese traditional winter hunters of the Tohoku region)

Leader: Sudek

Faction: Tenno

Objective: the primary objective of this syndicate is to eradicate the infested and keep them in check: particularly this new mutalist strain.

Syndicate Rankings

1.     Tenderfoot

2.     Scout

3.     Ranger

4.     Slayer

5.     Jager

Example of Syndicate Rewards:

-         Traps and Baits: as this is a crew of hunters it makes sense to have baits and traps. Baits like potent Pherliac pods

-         Harpoon Gun: specialty Arch-wing weapon made to ensnare infested behemoths.

-         Composites: like Zaws and kit guns, these composites would create precision weapons, that include bows, crossbows and spearguns. The components would be divided into limbs, launchers, stocks, and grips.

-         Antiserum Vaporizers – deployable vaporizers from the infested salvage mission to survive on infested worlds.

An update to infested Invasion Missions

The Return of the Nightwave Season 2 – The Emissary Outbreak assassination node: Upon meeting the new syndicate, the player will unlock a new type of invasion assassination node however to access assassination node player will need to clear at least one invasion outbreak similar to the Zealot Prelate boss fight. This “assassination” mission would cycle thru various infested monsters or infested versions of current bosses. A possible reward scenario could be infested versions of boss weapons.

Hunting Bands: Once a player achieves the rank of Jager the Matagi will give them access to a new mission type: Hunting bands, a monster hunter style alert system within the syndicate mission list: where players go directly head to head with a giant terrestrial infested monster. Possible rewards could vary but I am thinking of infested arcanes, like corrupt mods but in arcane form.

The Matagi release 3 daily Hunting bands missions’ players can complete.

1.     Kaiju – monster fight designed to solo-able. 2 will be released daily.

2.     Daikaiju – monster fight designed to be completed by least 2 players. One is released daily.

Each creature will have its own set of strength, weakness, powers, and strategies which player can learn over time.

Part 2: Eris, an Empyrean Free-Flight or Empyrean “Open-World”

So, this is where I am going to differ from my original idea and set the Eris Open world as an Empryean “Open World” map. Currently Eris is a simply a series of abandoned Corpus and Grineer starships drifting within Eris’ orbit. I feel switching to rail-jack open world map makes more sense as according to the 2014 Operation events Alad V had deliberately infected Corpus and Grineer ships with newly engineered infested Hive that allowed the infested to meld with non-organic life which destroyed fleets of ships.

Why not, rework one of those nodes or all nodes, minus a few story specific nodes into an Empryean Open World where players fly, mine asteriods, salvage, take on bounties to destroy infested hives or rescue stranded Myconians that dare to venture there to farm. While exploring the open space of Eris, you can use the center console of your Rail-jack to contact Sudek to provide you with bounty missions.

*I feel Nidus could be easily rolled into the Matagi reputation reward list, if all the Eris nodes are simply collapsed into one massive Eris Empryean Open World. Personally, I felt like infested salvage should have been a defense mission with the need to deposit vaporizers. *

The Map: this node is a procedurally generated map, much like I normal free flight is, but the area is littered with starships infested with … well, infested. I envision mostly mutualists infested in tangled with Corpus and Grinner technology. These starships would act like the cave system of the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis but of either a Grineer Galleon, an old Corpus Treasure vessel, a Derelict Tower (requiring a Derelict key – yes I think these keys can still be useful) or even an overrun relay.

Epic Hunting Bounties: Much like the Eidolon hunts in PoE, this open world map big boss would be Jordas Golem level infested creatures that player will need to take down using an archwing and/or railjack. This boss is also procedurally generated allow them to have different mutations or evolution that will affect the type of rewards it provides.

Need a visual example of spaceship vs giant monster fight:

-          The leviathan trailer ->

-          A clip from Godzilla: KotM ->

Open World Mining: asteroid mining or salvage scrap from ships while deployed in space in your arch-wing using you Omni to gather resources. Simply have recall be its own ability.

Personally, I think all of Empyrean should be re-worked free-flight nodes with a bounty mission system (as mention above) integrated into the main star chart with selected planets having a free-flight node. Then players can decide whether to host or join squad, like the Scarlet Spear event. As it stands all the empyrean missions are the same.

Part 3: Eris, Simulated Corpus factory tileset

If we are to explore the surface of Eris, we must note according to the Alad V storyline that the Mutalist Strain would not have burrowed itself has deeply as what we see in the (upcoming) Heart of Deimos update and it will resemble something to its original state, like the Corpus Ice Planet, Corpus Outpost or parts of Orb Vallis or Fortuna except ruined with heavy influences of Mutalist corruption.

New mission node – Delve: the infested are trying to burrow deep into in Eris. Players must stop them before they become impossible to root out.

1.     Players will drop in a hive chamber with an antiserum purifier/vaporizer (basically a bug bomb or fogger).

2.     Players must destroy the tumors and set the purifier (takes about 30 seconds to arm and 2 minutes to denotate) and defend the device all the while being swarmed by infested. If the purifier is out of antiserum charges it will stop the clock.

3.     Once the hive is destroyed and the chamber purified another room opens, repeating the process. The further players go however the more corrupted the atmosphere gets, reducing Warframe armor forcing player to stay close to the vaporizer to protect them.

For now, I feel exploring Eris' surface via tile set is fine as we discover more with Arlo and Kenga, from the events of Nightwave Season 2 - The Emissary events.

Share your thoughts.

23 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

So with the (upcoming) release of the Heart of Deimos I felt it necessary to revamp my concept a bit. Here it is below, I also posted it in the original post too: 

All I gotta say, is that they better make it give off a very zombie vibe. When I first saw infested, I was like, “what are those things?”. Now they’re just, ehhh. They could make them way more exciting if they weren’t child proofing them. But I really do hope the infested are more challenging and semi scary. Part of why I created the new infested assassin concept. The idea of a more complex infested. One that can turn other factions into infested right before your very eyes. 

Like imagine walking into a grineer ship tile set. It’s pretty dark. You see what looks like regular grineer. But something is off. They are standing in a weird way, like Inaros agile stance. When they spot you that start rushing at you. Growling and gnarly. After you “kill” them their bodies just fall to the ground. After a few seconds they turn into infested looking pods just before bursting into a new breed of infested. They basically try to ambush you. I could see a new rescue where you are sent a fake alert by the other factions where they “need your help”. And when you get their you can still hear them calling out for you. But when you release them they are like “SURPRISE” before an ambush. 

The new Assassin could have the unique ability to take control of your warframe similar to Alad V. Except you have like some infested boil on your chest that needs to be destroyed to be freed form him. Only during a squad of 2 or more. 

But the infested definitely needs more interesting missions. This whole swarming you and you slaughtering them is just old and boring. Feel like they need a little more creativity. Which is why I figured a Kuva infused infested assassin would be a good start. And it would go really well with your open world concept. Just sucks I can’t draw very well, otherwise I’d be drawing this whole thing.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Like imagine walking into a grineer ship tile set. It’s pretty dark. You see what looks like regular grineer. But something is off. They are standing in a weird way, like Inaros agile stance. When they spot you that start rushing at you. Growling and gnarly. After you “kill” them their bodies just fall to the ground. After a few seconds they turn into infested looking pods just before bursting into a new breed of infested. They basically try to ambush you. I could see a new rescue where you are sent a fake alert by the other factions where they “need your help”. And when you get their you can still hear them calling out for you. But when you release them they are like “SURPRISE” before an ambush. 

this idea could work very well in my Free-Flight Empyrean idea as a random thing that happens during a rescue bounty.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

this idea could work very well in my Free-Flight Empyrean idea as a random thing that happens during a rescue bounty.

Shouldn’t be hard. I mean DE already makes captures and mobile defense turn into exterminates out of nowhere. So having certain missions turn into other things shouldn’t be that hard. Could already hear the lotus or Ordis saying “IT’S A TRAP!!! GET OUT OF THERE!!!” Which forces us to fight our way through a horde of infested. Could see something where there’s a unique mutalyst infested that jams your signal thus making extracting difficult so you must eliminate them in order to escape. 

• 1 month later...
On 2020-08-06 at 10:36 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

The new Assassin could have the unique ability to take control of your warframe similar to Alad V. Except you have like some infested boil on your chest that needs to be destroyed to be freed form him. Only during a squad of 2 or more. 

http://imgur.com/a/KmNKLCv

MwPtKRs.png

so I took your idea here about a new assassin and made a new frame. so basically you need to hunt for these assassin enemies whom are hunting you in order to obtain the part blueprints but must fight the boss in order to obtain the final blueprint to put it all together.

Warframe – (Apex) Nyctimus: The Tainted Zanuka

Alad V did attempt another Zanuka when bonded with the infested basing it off a relic of the old war. Obsessed to creature the next evolution. The result was a Mutalist Zanuka a monstrosity of a Warframe and the new strain to hunt all enemies of the new colony.

Acquisition: a new assassination mission where must hunt a shut down the hive creating these apex predators. Complete bounties the obtain coordinates. Watch out though as you quest thru Eris as they be stalking you.

Stats

Health: 100

Armor: 75

Shield: 75

Power: 115

Speed: 1.10

Passive:

Always on your Feet – innate 75% faster recovery from knockdowns

Active Abilities

Ability 1:  Target Acquired – mark all targets in your line of sight. Increasing the critical chance and critical damage of your projectile damage up to 15% against marked enemies.

Cost: 25

Duration: 10 second duration

Strength: 15% critical chance/damage

Range: 15 meters

Ability 2: Alter – change into stance and into to beast mode; gain a 30% bonus to your evasion and speed, and a 30 second duration extension to your wall latch. While in beast mode enemies have a harder time detecting you.

Cost: 50

Duration: n/a

Strength: up to 30% increase to detection resistance

Ability 3: Nano Swarm – launch a pod of small infested nano drones at enemies. Enemies caught in the path will be repeatedly stung by the swarm.

Duration: 5 -10 seconds, enemies are panicked while being stung.

Strength: 75 damage per sec

Ability 4: Outbreak – allows the infestation to overtake him for a short duration. This gives Nyctimus a temporary health bonus with a vampiric aura that drains nearby enemy health while healing his own however, Outbreak will increase Nyctimus threat level by 50%.

Cost: 100

Duration: 15 seconds

Strength: drains and heals 5 pts a sec; 200% health bonus

Range: 10m Aura

Beast form controls

While in beast form, you lose the access to your equipped weapons but can gain access to your exalted rifle - Gamma Breathe. You can also bite, claw, swipe with your tendrils and even charge your melee attacks.

Exalted weapon

Gamma Breathe: this weapon works in the same manner as the Opticor Vandal, requiring a small charge before firing an explosion blast with some splash damage.

On 2020-09-30 at 4:07 PM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

http://imgur.com/a/KmNKLCv

MwPtKRs.png

so I took your idea here about a new assassin and made a new frame. so basically you need to hunt for these assassin enemies whom are hunting you in order to obtain the part blueprints but must fight the boss in order to obtain the final blueprint to put it all together.

Warframe – (Apex) Nyctimus: The Tainted Zanuka

Alad V did attempt another Zanuka when bonded with the infested basing it off a relic of the old war. Obsessed to creature the next evolution. The result was a Mutalist Zanuka a monstrosity of a Warframe and the new strain to hunt all enemies of the new colony.

Acquisition: a new assassination mission where must hunt a shut down the hive creating these apex predators. Complete bounties the obtain coordinates. Watch out though as you quest thru Eris as they be stalking you.

Stats

Health: 100

Armor: 75

Shield: 75

Power: 115

Speed: 1.10

Passive:

Always on your Feet – innate 75% faster recovery from knockdowns

Active Abilities

Ability 1:  Target Acquired – mark all targets in your line of sight. Increasing the critical chance and critical damage of your projectile damage up to 15% against marked enemies.

Cost: 25

Duration: 10 second duration

Strength: 15% critical chance/damage

Range: 15 meters

Ability 2: Alter – change into stance and into to beast mode; gain a 30% bonus to your evasion and speed, and a 30 second duration extension to your wall latch. While in beast mode enemies have a harder time detecting you.

Duration: n/a

Strength: up to 30% increase to detection resistance

Ability 3: Nano Swarm – launch a pod of small infested nano drones at enemies. Enemies caught in the path will be repeatedly stung by the swarm.

Duration: 5 seconds

Strength:

Ability 4: Outbreak – allows the infestation to overtake him for a short duration, providing him. This gives Nyctimus a temporary health bonus with a vampiric aura that drains nearby enemy health while healing his own however, Outbreak will increase Nyctimus threat level by 50%.

Cost: 100

Duration: 15 seconds

Strength: drains and heals 5 heal a sec; 200% health bonus

Range: 10m Aura

Beast form controls

While in beast form, you lose the access to your equipped weapons but can gain access to your exalted rifle. You can also bite, claw, swipe with your tendrils and even charge.

Exalted weapon

Gamma Breathe: this weapon works in the same manner as the Opticor Vandal, requiring a small charge before firing an explosion blast with some splash damage.

Well dang. I’ve made concept of a Zanuka Warframe and Mutalist Zanuka Hunter. This is basically a hybrid of the 2. And now I’m picturing it more clearly and 3D. God, I can’t shake off the resident evil vibes I’m visualizing. It would definitely fit the Heart of Deimos theme perfectly. And so far 2-3 frames have been released in open worlds. So other than the Gas Based concept I’ve made a couple of years ago, I can see this frame being implemented. Kind of like how revenant matches the sentient theme that came with PoE and Hildryn that came with the cybernetic theme that came with Orb Vallis. This being an infested open world, it would make sense to have a new kind of infested. But unlike Nidus, this frame could be only partially infested. Well technically they are all infested with the possible exceptions of Xaku and Revenant, but Nidus is fully mutated. While this frame could be more partially mutated. 

• 3 months later...
On 2020-09-30 at 6:07 PM, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

You can afford to buff this skill to have the same power as that infested moa swarm thing. Increase armor for allies , reduce armor from enemies and having a spreading effect. The kit does not have that high single target dps, nor high aoe damage nor any form of invemcivility. 

On 2020-09-30 at 6:07 PM, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

Just add you can e and lung towards the cursor dealing Hight damage to the closest enemy from point of impact an frightening( paralyzed by fear) nearby enemies

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Redacted the previous volcano based frame for a new one. This one is loosely based on the Roman volcano and blacksmith god Vulcan.

Codename: Vulcan

Passive - excess ammo from drops deposits into vulcan ammo reserves.

1. Fissures - in a 45 degree arc in front of him, vulcan causes a small eruption that bursts with Magma. Setting enemies caught in the eruption on on fire.

2. Reloaded - vulcan instantly restores his weapons ammunition using his ammo reserves.

3. Volatile cocktail- press or hold to melt some of your ammo in your reserves into a grenade. Throw the grenade using your alt fire. The grenade explodes on impact dealing blast damage and shrapnel dealing heat damage to nearby enemies. Holding the ability will consume more ammo from your reserves increasing its damage output and explosion radius.

4. Terminator - summon an archwing minigun. The archwing weapon uses the ammo stored in vulcan's ammo reserves

Archived