Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Needs a New Demon Skin

Grimmstyler

Oberon or Oberon Prime look like majestical animals if you stare at them long enough 😃 Either a Cow or a Antelope..

With as much Armor Oberon has, I would have thought Feyarch Skin would have been more beefy looking.

Id like to have a more Brickhouse Demon Deluxe Skin for him. Oberons a pretty decent Warframe. His cosmetics misrepresent his power.

You know who Oberon reminds me of?

33ccfvr.jpg

7 hours ago, Soulvengeance said:

I personally love this skin its the right mixture of paladin and ferry forest theme.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194231399&searchtext=oberon

Don't look demon to me. 

Personally I think it's just wierd running around splitting bodies in half looking like a cow, a deer or a tree with skinny legs and a butterfly skirt.. It doesn't scream masculinity at all.

I mean Oberon with a demon skin doesn't have to look like Rhino.. He could have the body type of Goku because Oberon is agile and the asthetic of Swamp Thing to go with his New Loka, Healing, Radiative Plant Spawning powers.

Edited by Grimmstyler

Actually Oberon is a Beast Master with his passive. I kinda think Khora should have had Oberons passive.. It would have been sweet if you could summon a bear or wolf with his 1.

Come to think of Oberon being a Beast Master, his look should sell his Passive with a leader of the pack Wolf helmet and king of the jungle Lion Armor.

op9z09.jpg

auk3yf.jpg

Oberon was intended to be the paladin warframe of the game, But DE seems to have a weird War Within when it comes to him.  Is he a druid, is he a paladin, is he a 'beast master".  I wish they would just settle on paladin, make a druid frame, and give his current passive to Khora and leave Venari as a exalted third instead of using both passive and 3rd.  Slapping him with a name meaning  king of the faeries then making his latest prime iteration look like a goat with mechanical armor just really makes me wonder, what is oberon. 

Out of gee wiz though, why demon skin?  Nothing in his design says demon, if anything he is opposites of a demon.  In alot of ways your idea really needs to be a new warframe as closest we have is nekros.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0024/4396/8627/products/warriordemon-shopify_1100x.jpg?v=1529174543

Thinking about it, I will need to go make up a demon warframe now, will be hard not to barrow ideas for WoW though they kinda of stolen the spotlight of every possible idea by ripping it out from others.

On 2018-11-30 at 7:38 AM, Soulvengeance said:

Out of gee wiz though, why demon skin?  Nothing in his design says demon, if anything he is opposites of a demon.  In alot of ways your idea really needs to be a new warframe as closest we have is nekros.

On 2018-12-01 at 12:50 AM, Atsia said:

Oberon is a paladin/druid themed frame, where do you get Demon from? His deluxe already completely fits him.

Well.. Octavia Maestro Skin in All black and Ember's Noble Animation really inspired a whole line of Demonic looking Skins to me for each Warframe..

29gc10l.jpg

But..

Oberon's  2 just melts enemies with Radiation Damage that turns them against each other.. Does that not sound Demonish? (Almost looks like it lays hell on the ground)

With that in mind..

[Pheonix Renewal] basically saves your soul from becoming downed restoring Full Health.. Doesn't that sound like it could be the work of the Devil?

Then even Oberon's 1 cast's Radiation Damage on a enemy turning themselves against each other.. Doesn't that sound like a Devil's Touch?

Oberon's 4 could look like an attempt to slam them into Hell.. But it just damages and Strips Armor.. (A devilish thing to do.. 😈)

2ag2rmr.jpg

2n9jbm0.jpg

It's just the plants that make Oberon's 2 look awkward

Edited by Grimmstyler

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

Well.. Octavia Maestro Skin in All black and Ember's Noble Animation really inspired a whole line of Demonic looking Skins to me for each Warframe..

29gc10l.jpg

But..

Oberon's  2 just melts enemies with Radiation Damage that turns them against each other.. Does that not sound Demonish? (Almost looks like it lays hell on the ground)

With that in mind..

[Pheonix Renewal] basically saves your soul from becoming downed restoring Full Health.. Doesn't that sound like it could be the work of the Devil?

Then even Oberon's 1 cast's Radiation Damage on a enemy turning themselves against each other.. Doesn't that sound like a Devil's Touch?

Oberon's 4 could look like an attempt to slam them into Hell.. But it just damages and Strips Armor.. (A devilish thing to do.. 😈)

2ag2rmr.jpg

2n9jbm0.jpg

It's just the plants that make Oberon's 2 look awkward

That's.............. certainly an interpretation......

Yep, while Oberon is a great warframe (mostly because I like to play druids/shamans), its visuals are just awful.

Deluxe is not that bad though, but those deers and cows... Moreover, "deer" is an offensive word in my country, it means "stupid, gawky and naive person", so it really sucks to play with default Oberon skin.

However, I don't want Oberon to turn into that Swamp Rhino. I would like Oberon to be a druid, it just needs a good skin design, something like wolf, bear, all those animals which are symbols of strength and power of forest wild life, also some tree details are OK (like leaves in deluxe skin).

Edited by Ermiq

How about working with what you have at your disposal if you want to turn a faun into devil? You certainly have the imagination. Oberon have hooves and horns already. He do not have to look as red-skinned muscular fire-breathing brute to be demonic.

I would go with a Wild Hunter theme. Traditional one. A spirit, a ghost, a malevolent fairy. A wip, a polearm or a spear as a weapon, but anything sharp and serrated will do. And would use a wicked looking kubrow as a companion.

19 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

What, how do I own it on Xbox? Can Tennogen only be purchased if your using steam browser?  Why not just use it for this reason? 

Consoles get a different set of rules for Tennogen.  On PC, Tennogen are exclusively available for purchase via Steam Wallet (because the files are uploaded through the Steam Workshop system.)  If you use the stand-alone launcher and/or don't have a linked Steam account, you can't buy Tennogen on PC.  The creator of the Tennogen gets a portion of each sale as actual money.  (Not a big chunk, since Steam and DE take most of it.  But it is real money from each sale.)

On Consoles, Tennogen are sold through the appropriate console store (So PSN on Playstation, Microsoft Store or whatever on XBox.)  The difference is that apparently, the creator has to agree to allow the item to be sold on console.  Instead of getting a portion of each sale, they get paid an up-front fee based on how much DE estimates the item will earn.  Not all creators are happy with this deal, so there is some Tennogen that doesn't exist on console.

*edit*  As for why people don't use the Steam launcher to buy Tennogen - some people just really dislike Steam.  They don't want to use it, and they'd rather do without Tennogen than do so.  (Some people don't like how Valve takes a share of the money, some people just really don't like Steam in general.)

Edited by EmberStar