Should i go get loki prime?

Lixon99

Question

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lixon99 said:

spy

If your goal is spy only, you can fit all needed mods into normal loki without forma (with reactor). If you aren't only using loki for spy... then the answer is "no" too, like, prime version has what, higher energy pool and 2 more forma? If you want to get more energy just invest into primed flow instead. 

He's not all that interesting tbh. I made the mistake of getting him fairly soon when I started because I've red that he's supposed to be good and didn't know better.

Let's break it down a little:

Stats: 225 hp 225 shield and 65 armor combined make him the squishiest frame in the game.

Passive: useless, who uses wall latch, much less for a minute

Decoy: useless, you're either in stealth or dead and the decoy itself dies in 1 hit

Stealth: while 50% better than Ash's is worse than Octavia's or Ivara's

Switch teleport: cool, but rarely used for anything more than to speed run to extraction

Radial disarm: useful in theory, will in fact not do much in the face of nuke frames and aoe weapons who occupy the meta

Overall, a frame just to run spy missions with, doesn't need to be prime, heck I'd even advise against Loki, at least the other frames with stealth abilities have something else to offer other than stealth and some debatable utility. Along with the plat cost to acquire him, it's a big no on my part on getting him.

The best for Spy is Ivara with Infiltrate augment. For a general stealth frame it's Ash, for 50% less stealth time you get more stats, better passive, armor stripping and a solid 4. Octavia, while having stealth, isn't exactly a stealth frame.

Edited by Ver1dian

38 minutes ago, Lixon99 said:

i thought banshee was most squishiest frame in the game

To put it into perspective:

Loki/Loki Prime: 225 hp, 225 shields, 65 armor = 18% damage reduction

Banshee(prime): 300 hp, 300 shields, 15(65) armor = 5%(18%) damage reduction

Banshee has 30% more hp and shields at the expense of 13% damage reduction if non prime.

Banshee benefits more from Vitality or Redirection, while Steel Fiber is useless on both.

However Banshee is considered the squishiest by some, because she can't spend the entire mission in stealth.

Back on topic, don't waste plat on Loki Prime, if you want Loki that much, get the normal version first. Try it, see if you like it that much.

Edited by Ver1dian

Try his normal version first, and if you like him, just stick with his normal version until the next unvaulted event (which i think will contain loki prime).. it’s not really worth to get his prime, after all he is loki masterrace (or so he used to be)..

I would say not worth it, Loki Prime is really overpriced despite not being that good of a frame (imo), if you want a frame for spy, just go whit Limbo Prime or Ivara, both can go trough lasers and Limbo can easily nuke the whole room to remove any cameras, plus Limbo can just rush trough the whole room while Ivara has the whole slow movement thingy going for her.

If you only want to use for spy then you can just get the regular one and it will serve you just as well. 

The difference in stats isn't that great anything the prime one can do the regular one can do just as well (except maybe fashion) 

Probably one of the most used frames and unchanged from the time of its creation, cause it has some very good utility.

Get prime when it's unvaulted if you want to collect or have excess platinum. 

I was given Loki Prime as a gift, and honestly he's, alongside Titania and Gara,  my main. I used the crap out of him farming for Ivara parts.

HOWEVER...

I would not have bought him for myself because base Loki is more than enough for the Ivara farm; it was just nice to have him. My advice is put your plat elsewhere for now, use base Loki for a while and if after that while he's your go to, AND he hasn't come out of the Vault, AND you absolutely must have dat fashion frame...go for it.

Unless you LOVE Loki or just can't wait for his unvaulting, I would not recommend paying the extra to get it now. Aside from looks and slightly bigger energy pool, he is the exact same as regular Loki which you can just farm from the Hyenas on Neptune. Loki is my main, but just get normal Loki and spend that plat on something else. Loki Prime is a minor combat upgrade.

I'm standing here in an instance in my Loki Prime (searching for the last vault!).

In 2016 when he was being vaulted, I spent 3 days farming his carapace. Endless void defense runs, but got it on the 9th hour before the frame was vaulted.

It was worth every minute of that grind, too.

Why? Because I can do missions much higher than my mastery level, solo. I have him build to survive higher level content.