WE WANT BOSSFIGHTS

180Degree

To start things off THIS IS A FUN POST FOR #*!% SAKE.

I know we ask for alot devs... and i also know we are never satisfied with our selections.... BUT PLEASE LISTEN.

In this game there are certain things you can do on a daily bases before it get's ''boring'' (We can all agree on that)

So to fix this ''problem'' me and some friends within in this great great community have put in some thinking and came up with an idea that will save us from all from long ''boring'' days of grinding untill we end up somewhere in the oblivion of useless loot and too many enemy's that have been slaughtered.

Our IDEA:

We also know that this is alot to ask for but it would really help us to have a FUN time experimenting in this game and shooting up stuff that won't die.

Let's make a Daily Boss.... now i know what you think.... 180Degree you sick bastard we have a sh*tton of bosses already and this conversation has been done alot of times already, and i would say EXACTLY so let's make work of it.

Just like the daily sortie's we have (With pretty USEFULL loot) we want a daily Boss Mode where we can fight 1 random or new Boss that we have never seen before or have seen within our journey, with enchanced abilities that can tear us apart and ruin our frames like no1 else can. I am talking sh*tton of new abilities and strenghts AND NOT WITH INVINCIBILITY FRAMES just a big old fat boss that soaks up all the dmg we can possibly throw at him, and delivers it to us like it's a tacobell delivery guy (Out of knowhere wihtout any remorse that is) I know you laughed a bit... i can smell the smile But lets get back to the subject.

At the same time this boss can throw massive dmg against us players of the amount we threw at him. seems about fair (This is just a concept don't judge me) When this boss dies we recieve a drop (Just like the sorties) so we can have a daily doses of killing huge beasts that can take a hit (Think of borderlands). if you guys would implement this into the game me and my friends would be very honored and be very VERY happy to play on a daily bases again.

I Honestly think that this is the only thing this game needs to make a step towards "Perfection''.
And i also hope everyone that likes this idea or ever has thought about it himself can leave a reaction under here so we can talk about it.

Edit: Maze idea was great.

This is 180Degree signing out~~~~ PEACE

P.S. We love you warframe ❤️

Edited by 180Degree

Big raids with more than 4 players would definitely be fun but you have to remember that matches are hosted by players so having too many players in a lobby will be problematic. Ofcourse we could have the usual 4 person team but then there wouldn't be anything fun about that since we already do the same thing everyday. Numbers is what makes a boss battle fun

Here is the only problem I can see with this. Massive damage has different meanings to different people. Some players may see Lephantis as taking and dealing massive damage while others can practically snooze through him with any warframe, I get what you’re saying and it would be cool the only problem is who are we pleasing with the addition? Veteran players who can Tridelon Hunt 4 times in a night cycle or the players who genuinely enjoy the basic level of challenge in the game? I personally hate overly challenging things just for challenge sake, I play most other games on normal or easy simply because I do not enjoy that challenge. That being said, some things cannot be too easy either. It would need to be done with a good balance as to not make it another 15 minute alert that we do and log off again while we wait for more content.

Interesting bosses are the reason why they developed the Eidolons and the reason they're developing The Orbs.

And damage sponge bosses are a pain in the ass, not hard. Trust me, I've killed enough Monster Hunter Gravios to know that those properties are not what makes a fight interesting. Hell, even one of my favourites, the Akantor, falls under this to some extent. It doesn't fit in Warframe. And even then, one of the main reasons that damage sponge bosses are annoying is because you feel like you're doing nothing. At least with the examples Iisted you're breaking off parts and causing the beast to recoil in pain. Sounds like you just want something which eats bullets. No feedback is a fun-killer.

Speaking of, our current bosses deal massive damage. More than most of the game seems to be leaning towards. One-shots deny the feedback that encourages people to enter the states of concentration that really make a fight like this satisfying. Which is why I really feel like DE should rework the damage scaling system so enemies across levels can deal damage that's meaningful at lower levels and at high levels.

Also, this is General Discussion, so good luck getting devs to read this.

There are already lots of "boss fights" in the game.

Only problem is they've become too easy for veteran players with all the gear, frames & weapons. How to solve this, without ruining the balance of the game for new or less skilled players?

This is just another version of the "we want endgame" threads.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Big raids with more than 4 players would definitely be fun but you have to remember that matches are hosted by players so having too many players in a lobby will be problematic. Ofcourse we could have the usual 4 person team but then there wouldn't be anything fun about that since we already do the same thing everyday. Numbers is what makes a boss battle fun

We did have this with Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict but they are now gone as they were a barren ghost land with only extremely high level players as their frequent visitors.

these were 8 player game modes with a normal and nightmare variants. They were complex and required a great deal of team work but ultimately excluded a core part of the player base so they were removed.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

That can easly be fixed...  they could do a lobby with 4 man squads that can then join 3 other squads so you will have 4 hosts in 1 lobby.

the "Raids" you guys want or talk of... we allready had that.. and its been removed due to it was old, consistantly breaking with every-single-mainline update, and it was something i think like de stating only less than 5% total userbase playing em? (sorry logged in on Switch user-tag) but i doubt they have any plans on ever bringing the raids back.

Bullet sponge boss idea sucks.

And any enemy that is not invincible, vets will always cheese it through by any means.

In the end, DE can only turn to alternative damaging tactics such as operator to increase difficulty. 

And I believe those orb spiders will make no difference.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

We did have this with Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict but they are now gone as they were a barren ghost land with only extremely high level players as their frequent visitors.

these were 8 player game modes with a normal and nightmare variants. They were complex and required a great deal of team work but ultimately excluded a core part of the player base so they were removed.

I'm guessing these weren't the kind of endgame the vets wanted then?

Its funny, you know, there are so many whine threads from bored veteran players, wanting this elusive "endgame content" but they obviously didn't like DE's previous efforts to provide it and don't seem to have any clear ideas about exactly what they would play...

I'm fine with an "endgame" mode that is exclusive to veterans, with certain requirements to be able to play...as long as it doesn't affect us lesser mortals and we can complete all the lore quests, farm necessary resources and still have all other events open to us etc.

I wouldn't even mind some endgame-exclusive rewards for achievements in this mode. After all, if you are that "elite" - you should be able to have some way of showing it.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Looks like we have another "voice of the community" but I don't remember ever voting for one. But man it sure is refreshing for someone to finally tell me to what I want instead of me having my own thoughts. Definitely isn't insulting in any way when someone does that. 

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What am I supposed to do :scared:

Unless ofc you want me to be one of these daily bosses?

In that case, absolutely! I'd hit the weights to beef up, but I'm already perfection itself. 

I imagine you look something like Ballas (before the Sentients got to work on him).

He may be evil, but he is (was) pretty. :laugh:

44 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

There are already lots of "boss fights" in the game.

Only problem is they've become too easy for veteran players with all the gear, frames & weapons. How to solve this, without ruining the balance of the game for new or less skilled players?

This is just another version of the "we want endgame" threads.

To start things off... you are a fairly new player and don't really know what we vets have endured to still have fun in this game (ill be really honest)
And ofc we are not ungreatfull or anything nor are we complaining.. but there is so less to do for us without getting bored completely and that's the honest truth (atleast for me and my friends that played this for a long time).

This idea seems off in so many ways.... we also know that, but when this get's implemented against all odds this mode will be the most played ridicilous clown fiesta mode that every1 will enjoy and take joy off. (like warframe has been so far anyways)

I think DE should just bring back conclave rating. (No, not talking about PvP Conclave)

If anyone doesnt remember, it basically gave you a rating depending on the gear you had, so basically fully modded gear gave you a high rating, which in turn, adjusted the levels of the enemy, it worked well usually, except for when you join low level missions with new players, who then suddenly find themselves fighting harder enemies.

-----

Thic concept also applied to bosses, newer player should not have too much of a problem fighting bosses, but player with modded gear also get to face a higher level version of the boss at the same time.

If this was to implemented now, it would have a unique spin to current bosses like the Eidolon and perhaps the orb in the future. (Can't redeem the starchart bosses though, all bosses that came before the rework of Tyl Regor, Kela and Ambulas are too outdated to be any relevant)

Edited by (XB1)calvina