Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WE WANT BOSSFIGHTS

180Degree

11 minutes ago, 180Degree said:

Your frame would be disabled and if you die you can get revived by other allies if it takes too long to get revived you die... amps will not matter bcus monster is invincible.
That will spark a new idea to make your amp work like a defensive tool instead of attack. Maybe blast some walls open on the map to hide further. Think about it.

Hmm...think your idea has some merit.

Suppose the back story could be Alad V or someone trapped us and used some means to interfere with the Transference process, so we no longer have control over our frame, We're transported to a cavern maze or something, where some hideous monster (or monsters) lurk and we have to find a way out & reunite with our frames.

Something like Maze Runner perhaps?

Just one thing though...a lot of players don't actually like Operator mode, so I don't think such an idea would get a lot of approval (on here anyway).

20 minutes ago, 180Degree said:

Proposal: Let's make a new gamemode called Titans where you fight some collosal never bef4 seen monsters that appear in your worst nightmares that can soak some good amounts of dmg and can at the same time deal a sh*t ton, as a daily mission it would be terrific with propper loot to play it.

This is literally the exact same thing that you proposed in the first place. The flaws that were pointed out previously, still exist. All you've done is added a new name and figured that you (and your buddies) came up with something new. 

Of course when DE does that they get heat for just re-using Lephantis, the juggernaut or whatever it is they reused and gave a new name to. And if you doubt that, just look at the premise of the thread. 

6 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Eh...can't really do that.

You can't have anything lore / story related, as that will then exclude all the "lesser" players. Newer players who haven't had the opportunity to get good enough gear for such a challenge, or people like myself who haven't got the time or patience to grind for really powerful stuff.

Thats why I keep saying any "endgame" content needs to be separate from the main game and all lore / quest-related stuff.

I have no problem with a separate game mode and even unique rewards, but excluding a significant part of the player base from the very thing the game is built around, seems like a bad move to me. That would be like saying Railjack is only for players with MR16 and upward.

Probably doesn't necessarily have to be a major lore bomb. Most thing in the game have lore behind them to whatever degree, and quite a bit of it is locked behind some semblance of farm. Like the kurias, cephalon fragments and the things you get from ghouls. So, "endgame" bosses can have as much more as everything else since they don't necessarily have to be tied to a quest or major drop of content such as cinematics.

Can be just codex descriptions, dialogue, hints or whatever. After all, lore in the game is hidden in many optional places that not every player is going to experience due to personal preference.

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Hmm...think your idea has some merit.

Suppose the back story could be Alad V or someone trapped us and used some means to interfere with the Transference process, so we no longer have control over our frame, We're transported to a cavern maze or something, where some hideous monster (or monsters) lurk and we have to find a way out & reunite with our frames.

Something like Maze Runner perhaps?

Just one thing though...a lot of players don't actually like Operator mode, so I don't think such an idea would get a lot of approval (on here anyway).

Maze runner is amazing too.... never thought about it in that matter.

34 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Eh...can't really do that.

You can't have anything lore / story related, as that will then exclude all the "lesser" players. Newer players who haven't had the opportunity to get good enough gear for such a challenge, or people like myself who haven't got the time or patience to grind for really powerful stuff.

Thats why I keep saying any "endgame" content needs to be separate from the main game and all lore / quest-related stuff.

I have no problem with a separate game mode and even unique rewards, but excluding a significant part of the player base from the very thing the game is built around, seems like a bad move to me. That would be like saying Railjack is only for players with MR16 and upward.

I'm not talking about things tied to quests when I say lore/story related. I'm simply talking about new mobs that actually fit in the universe as new bosses and not just some simulations like ESO. Something that actually makes the factions feel like they are evolving and moving forward, similar to the introduction of several new mobs in Fortuna.

If they tie some of it to quests then obviously they'd make two seperate versions, one generic star map version for the story quest and then one specifically designed version for a boss hunt mode.

My personal opinion is revamping the current bosses and tiles, turning them into dungeons for a new mode with several new and old bosses in each. Dungeon type encounters that isnt all about parkouring from A to B and kill the boss. They just need to make new nodes on certain planets where different bosses have gathered for a reason. Maybe two different corpus and two different grineer maps with a mix of old and new bosses throughout the map. Three to four or so on each with new unique drops. They can surely come up with some new infestation settings and bosses aswell.

Regular Alad V would be excluded from this since he is now part of the infestation and would fit better there.

But as it is now, there is already talk of the kingpin thingy, so maybe we will get a boss mode "soon".

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You raise a valid point, however you haven't quite grasped the minutia of such a post. :wink:

Which really boils down to, I don't consider this valid feedback. It's an interesting discussion piece, but it's (by OP's own admission) a vauge concept rather than actual constructive feedback. I read it more as "for fun", you know?

Damn shame. Here I was thinking you actually wanted me to be a Boss in-game... ah well. 

You aren't the lone solitary Wukong that I beat to death everyday in Frame Fighter? 🤔