I'm tired of waiting...

(PSN)iesous27

Question

So I posted on warframe market to sell my braton prime blueprint for 3p, it's been like 3 weeks. I need the plat so I can buy more warframe slots. 

I'm tired of waiting, so I gave up and I traded 5 prime junk pieces, lex prime bp, orthos prime bp, banshee neuroptics bp, limbo prime chassis bp, and there was something else. Anyways, I got 5p for the 5 pieces. 

Looking back it I'm like - "Ok, I still have 1 lex prime bp, which I will keep because I want to build that, but, did I make a mistake trading away banshee neuroptics and limbo chassis?"

I convinced myself that it was ok and all these parts can be obtained once again in the future. 

Would you consider these pieces "prime junk" and have you ever felt the need to do a quick sell like this to get plat?

20 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

So I posted on warframe market to sell my braton prime blueprint for 3p, it's been like 3 weeks. I need the plat so I can buy more warframe slots. 

There are other sellers for 1p / 2p...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I'm tired of waiting, so I gave up and I traded 5 prime junk pieces, lex prime bp, orthos prime bp, banshee neuroptics bp, limbo prime chassis bp, and there was something else. Anyways, I got 5p for the 5 pieces. 

Judging by prices on the site for PS4, you could've gotten around 30p for these...bit of a shame.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Would you consider these pieces "prime junk" and have you ever felt the need to do a quick sell like this to get plat?

Not really. Felt the need, but had to suppress it. Things don't always sell fast (and being undercut by others happens frequently).

Farm some relics, crack them open, sell some more stuff. Sell duplicate mods. You'll have a nice amount of plat (again) soon enough. Also keep an eye on other sellers, because when you've been undercut (by multiple people), selling something is a bit more unlikely.

1 minute ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

There are other sellers for 1p / 2p...

Judging by prices on the site for PS4, you could've gotten around 30p for these...bit of a shame.

Not really. Felt the need, but had to suppress it. Things don't always sell fast (and being undercut by others happens frequently).

Farm some relics, crack them open, sell some more stuff. Sell duplicate mods. You'll have a nice amount of plat (again) soon enough. Also keep an eye on other sellers, because when you've been undercut (by multiple people), selling something is a bit more unlikely.

Yeah, that was actually my first ever trade, so I didn't really know what I was doing lol. 

I just don't feel like warframe market is reliable enough to get me platinum quick enough. 

1 minute ago, Qwertoon said:

Well, "one mans trash is another mans treasure".

If you need the pieces they are a treasure, if you dont need them they are trash.

That is true... I didn't need the pieces, but knowing that I could've gotten more in return is what sort of hurts my heart lol.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Yeah, that was actually my first ever trade, so I didn't really know what I was doing lol. 

I just don't feel like warframe market is reliable enough to get me platinum quick enough. 

I don't know how actively it's used on PS4. I do know that it's easy for people to 'miss' you in trade chat. Also if you don't have the lowest price on the site, some serious patience is required.

Just now, (PS4)iesous27 said:

That is true... I didn't need the pieces, but knowing that I could've gotten more in return is what sort of hurts my heart lol.

Ofc, but if you would have sold the peices one by one you could have waited just aslong to find a buyer as you have for the BP on Warframe.market.

Prime trash is for when you need Money pretty much NOW! and you only need a low amount 10plat.

BUt if you have more items your willing tp part with, put them on Warframe.market now. You dont need the plat right now, so you have the time to wait until you find a buyer, dont wait until you actually need the plat, then WM might be  to slow.

Better to build up your bank when you dont need the Money, then you normally get better deals as a seller, becuase you have the option to just refuse a offer you think is too low.

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

I don't know how actively it's used on PS4. I do know that it's easy for people to 'miss' you in trade chat. Also if you don't have the lowest price on the site, some serious patience is required.

😫 Yeah, I put a comment in the trading chat and I couldn't even find my comment. I wish DE would make the chat more relaxed. I get what you're saying though, I kind of screwed up, but I'll try to sell 1 piece at a time from now on. 

I don't really consider anything that'll be eventually vaulted as junk. Since those'll worth much more, when they are vaulted. 
Braton, paris, lex, fang etc, you can get these anytime, I only sell these as junk.

So yeah, in the end the only thing that matters is, that what are you willing to sacrifice. You can sell lots of stuff for really cheap, if you desperately need plat. Or you could wait more, to gain more for your stuff, but you'll have to... well wait.

3 minutes ago, Qwertoon said:

Ofc, but if you would have sold the peices one by one you could have waited just aslong to find a buyer as you have for the BP on Warframe.market.

Prime trash is for when you need Money pretty much NOW! and you only need a low amount 10plat.

BUt if you have more items your willing tp part with, put them on Warframe.market now. You dont need the plat right now, so you have the time to wait until you find a buyer, dont wait until you actually need the plat, then WM might be  to slow.

Better to build up your bank when you dont need the Money, then you normally get better deals as a seller, becuase you have the option to just refuse a offer you think is too low.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do my best to sell each piece 1 at a time so I get as much plat as possible. 

1 minute ago, kicsikorte said:

I don't really consider anything that'll be eventually vaulted as junk. Since those'll worth much more, when they are vaulted. 
Braton, paris, lex, fang etc, you can get these anytime, I only sell these as junk.

So yeah, in the end the only thing that matters is, that what are you willing to sacrifice. You can sell lots of stuff for really cheap, if you desperately need plat. Or you could wait more, to gain more for your stuff, but you'll have to... well wait.

So would you consider prime weapon parts mainly as junk?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

😫 Yeah, I put a comment in the trading chat and I couldn't even find my comment. I wish DE would make the chat more relaxed. I get what you're saying though, I kind of screwed up, but I'll try to sell 1 piece at a time from now on. 

Actually part of the problem is with the filters they made it "too" relaxed. Essentially relaxed to the point where someone not expressly looking for exactly what you're selling (assuming you are selling one thing) isn't going to see it at all. Cause they are hyper focused on looking for the one or two things (search terms) they have whitelisted. 

So for a lot of people there is no more I'm looking for X but I just saw a great deal for Y, I'll snag that. Cause all you see is X. 

That said I definitely prefer the search function when I'm looking for a specific item but It is kind of a mental drag when I'm trying to sell something. Not that either happens very often. 

Edited by Oreades

13 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

So would you consider prime weapon parts mainly as junk?

No, if they were the part of a prime pack. Like the Rubico, which came with Chroma, or the Soma, Boltor, Galatine, Gram etc.

I mean those weapons that were not a part of a prime pack, and they are always available. Like the braton, burston, fang, lex, paris, bronco, akbronco... i'm pretty sure that there's more of these junk weapons, but these came to my mind suddenly...

Edited by kicsikorte

1 minute ago, kicsikorte said:

No, if they were the part of a prime pack. Like the Rubico, which came with Chroma, or the Soma, Boltor, Galatine, Gram etc.

I mean those weapons that were not a part of a prime pack, and they are always available. Like the braton, burston, fang, lex, paris, bo, bronco, akbronco... i'm pretty sure that there's more of these junk weapons, but these came to my mind suddenly...

Ok, so I can farm the crap out of the weapons that aren't part of a prime pack and sell them as junk and not feel bad. I have a lot of void relics that have high changes of getting prime junk. 😄

1 minute ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Ok, so I can farm the crap out of the weapons that aren't part of a prime pack and sell them as junk and not feel bad. I have a lot of void relics that have high changes of getting prime junk. 😄

Yeah, basically. It's super dissapointing to see, that you sold a ... whatever weapon set for 30 plat and see the price skyrocketing after some time it got vaulted.

(also removed the Bo from my comment, because I forgot, that it was the part of the loki pack)

Five pieces of Prime junk usually go for 10p so you sold them for pretty cheap.

Also, Limbo P chassis is worth 25-30p (as it's a rare drop) so you definitely did a bad trade there.

EDIT: I'm talking of PC prices, dunno how it is on PS4

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

Also, Limbo P chassis is worth 25-30p (as it's a rare drop) so you definitely did a bad trade there.

😖 you live and learn i guess. I could've had my 20p for a warframe slot with just 1 piece? jeez.

21 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

EDIT: I'm talking of PC prices, dunno how it is on PS4

Either way because Limbo Chassis is the rare it's worth 100 Ducats and by proxy isn't "Prime Junk" 

At least Prime Junk by my standard would be restricted to only common drops of the lowest Ducat value. That said there is no place in the game save for the Ducat Terminal that actually shows you the Ducat value and that's IMHO a pretty massive UI oversight. 

Edited by Oreades

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Either way because Limbo Chassis is the rare it's worth 100 Ducats and by proxy isn't "Prime Junk" 

At least Prime Junk by my standard would be restricted to only common drops of the lowest Ducat value. That said there is no place in the game save for the trade terminal that actually shows you the Ducat value and that's IMHO a pretty massive UI oversight

It would be nice if you could click the item and see what the ducat value is, much like when you click to sell it...

17 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

It would be nice if you could click the item and see what the ducat value is, much like when you click to sell it...

That would be 1000% awesome but I don't think it will happen. 

The DE UI design philosophy seems to put the focus on aesthetics with functionality taking a back seat.

We still have to select a Riven before the game will just display our Kuva, instead of just being accessible at a glance you have to first filter your mods by Riven because god knows how many screen's you'd have to scroll to get to a Riven and then select a riven. When most of the time all you want to know is "do I have enough to roll a riven?". Then When they first launched the new UI nothing was actually labeled because "you could just hover over it to see what it is" I mean sure there are five of them and they all look alike but hey you can hover over them~ and when the basic labels where finally added they where set off by default... so you had to go in to the UI settings and opt into being able to identify things at a glance.... not sure if they are still off by default or not. 

The point being DE has a history of not wanting to give us ease of access to arguably pertinent information apparently because of design ideology.

Edited by Oreades