Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Beasts of Fortuna

Xolot

This concept would be an upgrade to current Fortuna's animal preservation, as so, it should be possible to begin the legendary hunts after you reach "Old Friend"  with access to kubrodons.

The Overlords

They are freaks of nature, sometimes mutations due to orokin meddling, or just a abnormally ancient member of said species, that have grown beyond whats usually possible for that race and have developed special skills that makes them extra dangerous, among these skills immunity to cc and rage modes that buff them everytime they get hit by a warframe power like sleep arrow

These monsters roam Fortuna, preying on everything that moves, and sometimes even clashing with the Orb Mothers. It is your mission, not to kill them as they are too rare to just be finished off, but to capture them with tranq darts before Nef can finally get a hold on and use them in order to craft new and deadlier proxies out of the Overlords.

Earthshatterer Pobber:

Cuteness, big eyes, pointy fangs and keen edged claws able to bury and move inside the earth with ease, whats not to love about this horse-sized, feral Pobber?

Able to take up to 10 Tranq shots, this wild Pobbers moves inside the earth as if it was water, being able to surface anywhere to deal heavy damage to unsuspecting tenno

Mistraider Virmink:

Able to release a mist composed of some kind of powder from its fluff, this huge predator moves around almost invisible, coming out to deal vicious slashes to its preys. It can take up to 15 traq shots.

Warmonger Bolarola:

A huge bolarola that ditched part of its bulk and plates to get poisonous spikes instead, it rolls at incredible speeds, trampling everything that can't move aside on time, and leaving a rotten trail due to the poison. It can take up to 20 shots, and shots not landed in the face or belly result in 1/2 effect of normal tranq shots.

Sovereign Kubrodon

A wicked beast that kills everything that tries to get into its territory, it moves in speed bursts, being also able to create seismic waves to attack or defend, use thunder skills or even deflect projectiles with a howl, it can also summon an special variant of thunder attuned kubrodons that act as its pack. It can take up to 30 shots.

New devices to aid us in the hunt:

Not exactly sure what to say here, probably an empowered Tranq gun, the stunna fishing rod, simmaris scanner and maybe some kind of traps.

What would we get out of this?

-XXL Floofs for each overlord

-Pet mods to improve your kubrow/kavat/helminth/moa with traits from these overlords

-Sigils

-Upon completing certain, quite complex achievements related to the Overlord Hunting, a Sekhara 

Edited by Xolot

And a possible Mod to gain for a kubrow by capturing a Sovereign Kubrodon {in my mind im thinking its like the Zinogre from Monster hunter} is

<-- Royal Flash -->

Your Kubrow channels the essence of a *Soverign Kubrodon* to emits a powerful blast of Electricity dealing 10% of the enemy's max HP damage with a 100% chance proc on any enemy within 12m.

Just a thought ;)

En 28/11/2018 a las 21:18, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 dijo:

this idea is amazing, it would definitely give a challenge boost for those who want something fun and difficult to do after they've done pretty much everything.

Love to hear that, as this could be one of the only ways for us to get a boss battle that we can't oneshot if it doesn't use invul phases or deals absurd area damage, and I feel this game could use some of that (also is a way to have huge floofs for the lisset)

hace 12 horas, Aweberon dijo:

I mean instead of simply needing more tranqs maybe add a level of pokemon to it {true pokemon not that GO crap} and having to wear it down to a certain point before capping it.

You mean like spraying bullets with tigris prime on it until it reaches certain health threshold and then tranq it with just one dart? Like how we cap pokemon?

hace 12 horas, Aweberon dijo:

And a possible Mod to gain for a kubrow by capturing a Sovereign Kubrodon {in my mind im thinking its like the Zinogre from Monster hunter} is

<-- Royal Flash -->

Your Kubrow channels the essence of a *Soverign Kubrodon* to emits a powerful blast of Electricity dealing 10% of the enemy's max HP damage with a 100% chance proc on any enemy within 12m.

Just a thought 😉

To be honest I did imagine this kubrodon as something close to Zinogre at first, but a magnetic one, as I wanted to make it a magnetic kubrodon able to face Orb mothers by causing critical system failure on them. Thing is that a monster that deals the annoying magnetic proc often would become quite annoying in general, so decided to just make it electric, and thats totally a Zinogre.

I do like that mod idea, the only thing i would change would be the name, To Royal Roar or something along the line, and making the pet roar when releasing the shockwave (just for the awesome factor)

Would it be too broken to allow it to interact with the newly released elemental kubrow mods?, so if your kubrow has the fire one equipped, when using that skill, it becomes a radiation wave or something along those lines