Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron skin vs Nullys

(PSN)big_eviljak

13 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

Imagine Nidus losing all of his stacks instantly, how long would it take for him to get it back? Now, you lost your Iron Skin, how long does it take for you to get it back? Not a level comparison. 

How would it work with buffs? Do we apply across the board and drain out the duration of buff skills? What about things like Snowglobe, do we slowly drain those out too? Cataclysm? Or is this just a thing we implement only for Rhino because Rhino is weak trash and incapable of taking hits without Iron Skin unlike the Nova who ran into a Nullifier Bubble, lost her Null Star and tanks hits like nothing?

Rumblers health decreases... They can be recast. Shadows health decreases... Recastable. Khora ult... Only the part that the Nully touches is nullified.. not the whole dome. You were saying?

On 2018-11-28 at 9:58 AM, Firetempest said:

Or shoot the satellite.

You cant shoot the satellite if ur on a lower level and the Nully clips through and engulfs u in his bubble? U have 80k iron skin... And instantly it's gone. U can't always shoot the satellite. There is no satellite with scrambus and comba... Are u goin to tap ur Ruby red slippers together 3 times and chant "there's no place like home" to fix the problem?

What's harder to get, 50 Energy on Rhino to use Iron Skin or 20 stacks on Nidus? Nidus already has this where his stacks get drained out when standing in a Nullifier's bubble. It doesn't need to be ported to Rhino because Iron Skin is a single use ability, you're either buffing up Iron Skin against Nullifiers because Rhino, or you're nerfing Nullifiers across the board against abilities coming into contact with it.

The ultimate endpoint is that toggle abilities will not be disabled but only have an increased drain rate so just bulldoze through all those Nullifiers with Valkyr without a care in the world.

What about inaros? U drain 3k health for his ult and instantly can be nullified? That's broken.

What's harder to get, 50 Energy on Rhino to use Iron Skin or 20 stacks on Nidus? Nidus already has this where his stacks get drained out when standing in a Nullifier's bubble. It doesn't need to be ported to Rhino because Iron Skin is a single use ability, you're either buffing up Iron Skin against Nullifiers because Rhino, or you're nerfing Nullifiers across the board against abilities coming into contact with it.

The ultimate endpoint is that toggle abilities will not be disabled but only have an increased drain rate so just bulldoze through all those Nullifiers with Valkyr without a care in the world.

Valkyr would still be nullified. Her hysteria doesn't have a health or counter % to it like iron skin, inaros ult, shadows, Rumblers, or nidus stacks. If valkyr hits the Nully bubble... No more hysteria. Same with Titania, wukong, etc.

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Rumblers health decreases... They can be recast. Shadows health decreases... Recastable. Khora ult... Only the part that the Nully touches is nullified.. not the whole dome. You were saying?

You do not have direct control over summoned entities which means they can run into a Nullifier on their own accord against your anger, frustration and screaming. This is quite different from Rhino where you have direct control over a touching a Nullifier. Even if it spawns behind you, you have a bit of time before the bubble activates and starts expanding.

In regards to Khora, it's a unique case with how the ability is set up to consist of segments. The Iron Skin equivalent would something like Snowglobe which you conveniently seem to just skip past.

What about inaros? U drain 3k health for his ult and instantly can be nullified? That's broken.

Thread title says "Iron skin vs Nullys". Whether or not this should be considered for Inaros has no relation to Rhino's Iron Skin. You're arguing that Inaros is weak, therefore, buff Rhino which doesn't make sense.

Valkyr would still be nullified. Her hysteria doesn't have a health or counter % to it like iron skin, inaros ult, shadows, Rumblers, or nidus stacks. If valkyr hits the Nully bubble... No more hysteria. Same with Titania, wukong, etc.

Why the distinction between this and that? Because you don't like those abilities to have a such a benefit but you want it for Iron Skin? Even if you claim it is that Exalted weapons are an offensive ability and should be disabled, how would you then justify against Defensive or Support skills like Rhino's Roar. How would you justify that Iron Skin needs to be buffed while something like Null Star doesn't need this?

Edited by Flandyrll

How about making nullifiers disable every ability, effect, stack, and summons instantly upon contact again? It would make the interaction consistent like OP is advocating but with less dev effort and would be easier for players to understand.

Nullifiers exist for a reason and anything that would/could reduce their effectiveness should warrant reducing our own effectiveness. Sure lets have every stacking/health-based/duration abilitys be slowly drained or have effects reduced while nullified but with the base ability getting nerfed in all other situations. That's a more appropriate change.

Edited by trst

10 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

You do not have direct control over summoned entities which means they can run into a Nullifier on their own accord against your anger, frustration and screaming. This is quite different from Rhino where you have direct control over a touching a Nullifier. Even if it spawns behind you, you have a bit of time before the bubble activates and starts expanding.

In regards to Khora, it's a unique case with how the ability is set up to consist of segments. The Iron Skin equivalent would something like Snowglobe which you conveniently seem to just skip past.

Thread title says "Iron skin vs Nullys". Whether or not this should be considered for Inaros has no relation to Rhino's Iron Skin. You're arguing that Inaros is weak, therefore, buff Rhino which doesn't make sense.

Why the distinction between this and that? Because you don't like those abilities to have a such a benefit but you want it for Iron Skin? Even if you claim it is that Exalted weapons are an offensive ability and should be disabled, how would you then justify against Defensive or Support skills like Rhino's Roar. How would you justify that Iron Skin needs to be buffed while something like Null Star doesn't need this?

Iron skin has it's own health meter. Inaros ult is rated by a percentage that can decrease. Valkyr hysteria is a toggle on and off ability. Nullifiers should reduce iron skin health per second... Valkyr ability doesn't possess the mechanic. Read my original post.. I mentioned inaros ult. 

Roar... It should be nullified. Null star... It should be reduced as it has a percentage counter... 5% per projectile that can be reduced.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

10 energy per second... And could do with all activated abilities.

In case it wasn't clear: That was me making fun of this topic.

If having literal god mode barely be affected by the one thing that's supposed to counter abilities and you're OK with that, then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

20 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

In case it wasn't clear: That was me making fun of this topic.

If having literal god mode barely be affected by the one thing that's supposed to counter abilities and you're OK with that, then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Then 20 per second... Idc. I just don't want abilities like IROn skin to instantly be nullified. It makes sense for activated abilities like hysteria to Instead of being nullified instantly, drain at an increased rate.

В 29.11.2018 в 22:19, (PS4)big_eviljak сказал:

There is no satellite with scrambus and comba... Are u goin to tap ur Ruby red slippers together 3 times and chant "there's no place like home" to fix the problem?

There is a hat... So, I am going to tap my trigger and chant "boom, headshoot" to fix the problem.

Hmm, I think I know how to name my future primary kitgun. "Water Bucket"!

23 hours ago, rand0mname said:

There is a hat... So, I am going to tap my trigger and chant "boom, headshoot" to fix the problem.

Hmm, I think I know how to name my future primary kitgun. "Water Bucket"!

Shooting the hat before your nullified isn't always and option. I'm not wanting Nullys to trivialize my gameplay. Just wanting certain sustained abilities to be depleted rapidly rather than fully erased. For fun factor. Nothing is more satisfying than finding that perfect grouped horde of enemies... Utilizing ironclad charge for a huge armor bonus then activation of iron skin, only to have it instantly destroyed by a nullifier.

Grineer don't have nor need Nullys to increase the direness of a situation, nor do infested. However, I don't want nullifiers gone... Just more balanced.

On 2018-11-28 at 4:56 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I'd like to advocate a change between iron skin and other abilities like inaros' ult... With nullifiers.

Instead of iron skin instantly being dispelled. I'd like to suggest that instead iron skin loses say 5% health every second he's in the Nullys bubble. When he's effected by the Nullys alternative units like scrambus, he instead loses 10% health from iron skin, instead of instant dispel.

i agree. to people saying that iron skin instant so its balanced, its not. first in order for it to be stronger than a paper, u have to charge and hit multiple enemies then activate iron skin

On 2018-11-29 at 9:08 PM, Flandyrll said:

SnowGlobe and Cataclysm are about the only abilities dispelled by Nullifier Bubbles that doesn't seem quite right imo.

That bubble can barely skin a Globe or Cataclysm area by bleeding through from the ceiling, floor, or adjacent room and break it with no chance ever of Frost/Limbo being able to have knocked the satellite out 

Nullifier bubbles could be putting holes in the ability or removing enemies from the rift just as well without wrecking the entire thing in the process.

Iron Skin or Warding Halo though? Eh....

For Rhino to be affected he has to be hit by it directly so I would say, "No".

Nezha has a smidgen of range on Halo which might merit some level of discussion though regarding the ranged aura. 

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎29 at 1:19 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

There is no satellite with scrambus and comba... Are u goin to tap ur Ruby red slippers together 3 times and chant "there's no place like home" to fix the problem?

Uhhh, just shoot the helmet.  Once the helmet flies off, so do their powers to effect Warframe powers.  I though everyone knew this by now. 

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, just shoot the helmet.  Once the helmet flies off, so do their powers to effect Warframe powers.  I though everyone knew this by now. 

Shoot the helmet when their above u? Ya no.

And u cant always see a scrambus or comba when they appear.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

Il y a 1 heure, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako a dit :

this is why high fire rate 2ndary to burn the bubble 

What a nonsense. People shouldn't have to stop using they Riven boosted Arca plasmor just to take off Nullifiers bubble. A secondary? What a shame to use.

No, just erase nullifiers from the game and let the player be invincible.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Shoot the helmet when their above u? Ya no.

And u cant always see a scrambus or comba when they appear.

But you can hear them from quite far off.  You can't be this new to not know this stuff by now.  The Scrambus/Comba effect range is about the same size as a full Nullie bubble.  Both Scrambus/Comba and Nullies aren't alerted thru multiple floors unless there is and opening between those levels.  Openings that are usually large enough for you to either move to the side to get a clear shot at them or shoot them thru the steps.  

Scrambus, Comba, and Nullifiers all have their powers/fields/bubbles deactivated unless alerted.  So yes it's quite possible to simply walk up and stealth kill them.  

The only way I can really see you having this much trouble with them is if you go Leeroy Jenkins/Hallway Hero'ing into everything while also not using Rhino's other powers and only Ironskin.  I will admit that I could be completely wrong and missing something important while replying. 

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

But you can hear them from quite far off.  You can't be this new to not know this stuff by now.  The Scrambus/Comba effect range is about the same size as a full Nullie bubble.  Both Scrambus/Comba and Nullies aren't alerted thru multiple floors unless there is and opening between those levels.  Openings that are usually large enough for you to either move to the side to get a clear shot at them or shoot them thru the steps.  

Scrambus, Comba, and Nullifiers all have their powers/fields/bubbles deactivated unless alerted.  So yes it's quite possible to simply walk up and stealth kill them.  

The only way I can really see you having this much trouble with them is if you go Leeroy Jenkins/Hallway Hero'ing into everything while also not using Rhino's other powers and only Ironskin.  I will admit that I could be completely wrong and missing something important while replying. 

I dont play with sound. Also, i never said i have trouble with them. I said iron skin shouldn't be instantly nullified. Assumption.