Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of endgame & player retention

GoldenWinterberry

Warframe has an excellent reputation all around. Yet, it has been public knowledge that Fashionframe = endgame since pretty much it's beginning and more recently there has been serious talk about sustainable content witch leads to poor player retention.

Expecting DE to pay attention by now I'll mention costs ; It is always more expensive to produce more content then enhance existing content.

I suggest an alternative game mode that can be triggered on and off (using the Scanner on the orbiter)

This game mode simply disables endo from mods and resets the star chart. In turn, every node requires more extensive game knowledge then the previous.

Imagine this, you are a new player you have acquired regular intensify (5% power strength) and vitality (40% Health) and Steel fiber (10% armor) on rhino on ludi-ceres and you are trying to regen your shield hiding from the grineer behind crates. 

Good difficulty isn't based off numbers. It is based off game knowledge. Have a look at Dark Souls, observation and game knowledge is everything in that game.

I invite you guys to try it right now. Get your favorite frame and weapon and only equip unranked mods then have a go at your favorite mission type.

2 minutes ago, GoldenWinterberry said:

I invite you guys to try it right now. Get your favorite frame and weapon and only equip unranked mods then have a go at your favorite mission type.

did todays Sorties with unranked mods on my Excal. Didnt notice a difference 

Oh, boy, another player retention thread. What, was Fortuna so good EA executives are now playing it and realizing it is not inhabited by sea creatures ripe for milking?

Seriously, if this game had a "retention" problem, DE would probably be freakin' out right now. I don't see that happening. Yet I keep seeing people with new accounts telling us how this game is not that game, and therefore is dying. Who do you think I (and DE) will listen to?

Edited by Gabbynaru

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Oh, boy, another player retention thread. What, was Fortuna so good EA executives are now playing it and realizing it is not inhabited by sea creatures ripe for milking?

Seriously, if this game had a "retention" problem, DE would probably be freakin' out right now. I don't see that happening. Yet I keep seeing people with new accounts telling us how this game is not that game, and therefore is dying. Who do you think I (and DE) will listen to?

You have me cornered, I do not have the numbers to support my claim of poor retention. I have a confession, I treated subject as enough controversial to draw attention into my suggestion.

46 minutes ago, GoldenWinterberry said:

Glad I am, that makes it all the more possible to accomplish then.

You are now granted my respect.

Your respect is very much appreciated.

But tbh I agree with your idea, it just needs a little something to make it more challenging

Endgame for me in this game is when CC and Invulnerability frames are the only game mechanics that matters since scaling works the way it does. the game become significantly easy and numbers stop satisfying us as we look into variety.  abberations added challenge for me since it changed the gameplay which is what I personally like in games.

How hard is it to create special alerts with level 200-300-500-1000 mobs? All we got is (boring) arbitrations and (focus farm) ESO.

Everything (or 95%) DE does is dedicated for low-mid level players. Like they don't have about 500 hours of pure content already.

On top of that DE disabled option to replay certain Sortie missions (eximus stronghold). Once in a blue moon we get something fun and enter--NOPE YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

Right now I'd be happy with just anything that is supposedly designed as endgame for veterans that isn't bullS#&$ eidolons or frosty eidolons with 8 legs.

On 2018-11-28 at 7:50 PM, deothor said:

How hard is it to create special alerts with level 200-300-500-1000 mobs? All we got is (boring) arbitrations and (focus farm) ESO.

Everything (or 95%) DE does is dedicated for low-mid level players. Like they don't have about 500 hours of pure content already.

On top of that DE disabled option to replay certain Sortie missions (eximus stronghold). Once in a blue moon we get something fun and enter--NOPE YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

Right now I'd be happy with just anything that is supposedly designed as endgame for veterans that isn't bullS#&$ eidolons or frosty eidolons with 8 legs.

As far as I am concerned, I can't quite see what the proposition is. It sets the expectations high and the involvement low. Strangely resembles my high school days, when my mother made dinner. I expected lasagna and got only salad.

Warframe, much like ARPG's in general, has a number problem when it comes to stacking %based modifiers. In other words, Warframe's endgame is quick to reach. Once you've obtained Rhino and a Hek, you can clear all content within weeks.

On a finishing note, endgame content can get repetitive. You can farm fissures for prime parts and collect stuff. You can roll the sortie roulette. You can play the market for the Grofit game. There are options of witch few reward you for game knowledge and experience.

@GoldenWinterberry Yeah sure, there are many things you could call endgame. Shame there are no missions that could be called that way. And what I mean here is level 100 missions of all types. Not only what sortie gives us or Arbitrations (that are crappy af)

2 years ago there was small april fools event, I think, where people had to play 10 minutes of survival....level 999. Mobs HP/DMG was somewhere as lvl 20-30, BUT their shields were MASSIVE. To get oxygen you had to kill mobs or you'd fail the mission. It was fun joke. Most of newbies had to ask veterans to help them.

Having alert with level 300-500 extermination to kill 800 eximus (my random imagination). Add to that nightmare noshields or low HP mode. And there you have it. An endgame mission that's fun to do and requires some cooperation rather than "lemme equip thino, gram and maiming strike on it"

Edited by deothor

1 minute ago, deothor said:

@GoldenWinterberry Yeah sure, there are many things you could call endgame. Shame there are no missions that could be called that way. And what I mean here is level 100 missions of all types. Not only what sortie gives us or Arbitrations (that are crappy af)

2 years ago there was small aprils event I think where people had to play 10 minutes of survival....level 999. Mobs HP/DMG was somewhere as lvl 20-30, BUT their shields were MASSIVE. It was fun joke. Most of newbies had to ask veterans to help them.

Having alert with level 300-500 extermination to kill 800 eximus (my random imagination). Add to that nightmare noshields or low HP mode. And there you have it. An endgame mission that's fun to do and requires some cooperation rather than "lemme equip thino, gram and maiming strike on it"

Why would you remember this event? What sets it apart?

I believe you said it yourself, Newbies had to ask veterans to help them. You were rewarded for game knowledge and cooperation. It was challenging enough to trigger our braincells.

My suggestion all the way on top was a band-aid solution but, you'd get more for less.