Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Glad for Nyx

As for Titania, I hope Reflect would be replaced altogether. Players tend to have low HP and huge DPS, while enemies have low DPS and enormous Health Pools. They struggle to kill each other in chaos, Mind controlled target was a distraction without Mind Freak. And this is direct enemy to enemy damage. Reflect damage is unfun even on other frames (Unairu Oberon / Inaros / Nidus)... So reflect should be more reliable or replaced on Titania for something useful. We can still pick Unairu for this AFK farm. 

12 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

Looks pretty good, keep up the good work Dev :thumbup:

INB4 somebody who hasnt even played the reworked frames jumps out of nowhere and say "Nah it suxks blah blah blah" :blush:

Are you implying people can't tell if a change is good or bad by just reading it? If so, that's just silly.
Imagine this scenario: 

"[DE]Rebecca; Lowered Nyx's health to 3 to prevent players from using her past Mercury." 

What you wrote implies that we cannot give feedback on that change without playing it ourselves, which is a dangerous way of thinking.

Pretty nice reworks. But they still feel a bit lacklustre. To me, Nyx just feels boring. Changing the way her abilities work won't really make them more interesting to me. And titania just feels so clunky. When I used her, I didn't even bother with her other abilities, just used 4 only cause her buffs felt too annoying to get. You had to find specific enemies and then actually physically pick up the buffs which made it extremely clunky to bother with it. I like the changes to lantern though.

A bit disappointed in the changes so far. Vacuum is a good KoL addition, but Titania needs a way to stay alive, whether that is through generation/regeneration of her Razorflies, Evasion bonuses, or more defense. Titania's cast animations and the requirement of having to have an enemy target to cast her abilities makes her a bit clunky. Because of Titania's poor defensive capabilities, players want to stay at the edge of combat to shoot at enemies, but her abilities force players to get dangerously close top cast them, with Tribute forcing Titania to dive into an enemy pack to gather the Soul.

Looking at the defensive options available to other glass-frames, Loki's Savior Decoy allows him to immediately exit combat if his health gets low. Tied with his Invisibility, this gives him lots of survivability even with EHP than Titania. Because of her low defense, Titania is discouraged from being too close to enemies. This makes playing Titania as anything other than a long-range DPS feels underwhelming. A support focused on gathering Souls require Titania to walk close to enemies. Even if it is for a few seconds, with her low EHP, one lucky shot from a Bombard is enough to down her. This used to require multiple stacks, but they changed Tribute to only require one stack, which is a great improvement, However, even if the buffs are fully stacked, they are still weak. Thorns' damage reflection is low, especially when you take into account that, at later levels, have an extremely high health to damage ratio so unless you the percent of damage reflected is increased by at least tenfold, the reflected damage is unnoticeable. Entangle's slow debuff is very weak, a measly 25%. Equinox's Pacify does the same thing but can be modded with Power Strength for increased effectiveness.

The biggest problem with Titania's Tribute is that the buffs/debuffs are centered around herself, meaning she has to be in the middle of the battlefield for maximum effectiveness. That is not where Titania wants to be. She wants to be above the battle, shooting enemies with Dex Pixia and avoiding any unnecessary damage. The small buff/debuff aura she has centered around herself is not going to reach any of her allies or enemies from her position.

Titania also has an extremely small Energy pool for a caster as well as very long cast animations. Players that use a Razorwing build cannot afford to spend energy to cast abilities if they want to stay in Razorwing. This was a problem that many players noted when Razorwing Blitz was added into the game. In the majority of cases, it was more efficient to mod Titania to do more damage right out of the gate rather than making a build that tried to cast multiple abilities to achieve 8 Blitz stacks. This was due to her long cast animations, low energy pool, and poor range on all her abilities (which require a valid target to cast). None of these issues are addressed in this preview, but I hope DE takes this into account when looking at her abilities.

About this rework, mostly it’s good but i want to ask some question :

1. How many bolts fired in the new psychic bolt? And please let the bolt seek for new enemies that havent been debuffed, because the current version likely to seek for the same enemies, becoming an inconsistent ability

2. The wiki said : if we get to close to enemy affected by chaos, they will attack tenno instead, but sometimes i can still got hit from meters away.. can we get this mechanic properly implemented? Like if we can manage to stay around x meter from them, they wont attack us.. so it will be like banshee with silence on low range build, which we need to keep our distance to stay alive..

3. Like other have mentioned, thorn give nothing to titania.. so please give it another effect

4. Other than recasting the ability, titania has no way to recover her razorflies.. please give it a way to hold the ability and recover her razorflies at the cost of half the ability casting cost.. we will get an innate vacuum so i think energy wont be a problem for titania..

"New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her. 

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'."

Yeah, but this ain't it. And I'll tell you why. Chaos aready has a built in accuracy debuff where it removes agro from Nyx and makes enemies far more likely to attack other enemies. Absorb makes her immune to all damage. Mind Control makes it so one enemy won't attack her at all. That is two abilities that effectively make her passive useless on a group, 
and one ability that makes it useless on a single target. So this accuracy lose passive is just as counter intuitive as her last passive to her kit. I don't understand why Excalibur can get a passive that enhances his kit and fit's his theme. Excalibur's 10% increase in damage when using swords fits his theme and even works to buff his Exalted Blade.
I suggest that she gets a buff depending on how many enemies shes has infected with abilities. Like she gets 1% more power strength per enemy effected by her abilities (up to 25%) or doing damage enemies  under the effects of her abilities allows her to regen 2 energy per second for 15 seconds. (only scaling off one enemy at a time and duration refreshes
with each attack.) Passives like those enhance her kit and do not conflict with her abilities. I WANT enemies to shoot at Nyx and hit Nyx if I am using Absorb. I DON'T want them to miss because of a innate accuracy debuff. Nyx has survivability in spades. She doesn't need an accuracy debuff for more.

"Mind Control:

BEFORE:
Nyx picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration. The problem this had was the target never really felt... powerful.  

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!! 

The target will have a 4-second wind up period to absorb your weapon damage which is on a multiplier to enhance its OUTPUT damage. For example only (numbers not final): every 2500 damage = 1.5x damage output of the target
We've also included better 'follow Nyx' behaviour to have the target stay with her.  

This feels really engaging in practice and adds just a bit more activity to your Nyx play - your targets become more valuable and you get to focus on weapon gameplay in the 4 second window to really pump them up! A Nyx should always choose their victim wisely. "

So at first I thought this change was awesome but then I really thought about it and realized in practice, especially High Level play, this change means nothing. The reason is because enemy Effective Health Points is so high level 80+ that non status, not crit damage, doesn't mater. Enemies can do a lot of damage to players because comparative our EHP is so low, but enemies do abysmal damage to themselves because their EHP is so high. Players can do massive damage to high level enemies because of buffs and generally weapons either get crit/head shot multipliers or remove Armor/Shields/Health with Corrosive/Magnetic/Viral procs that can in must cases cut massive enemy EHP in half. Even the elemental damage we apply to weapons that hit enemies with a type disadvantage help. For example, with Radiation damage, we can ignore 75% of enemy Alloy armor's damage reduction and hit them for 75% more damage because of type advantages. Few enemies do elemental damage. I believe Mind Control would be far more meaningful if the mind control target took on a portion of Nyx's equipped weapon damage. You guys could make it so an enemy under the effect of Mind Control will take on the Primary Weapon's Elemental Damage type, Crit Stats and Status chance. Or Secondary Weapon. Or Melee Weapon. Or just take on the Elemental Damage at least. When I have used Chaos on enemies I have seen enemies hit for 54 damage to each other in tier 3 Sorties. That Mind Control target is going to need a huge multiplier to make any damage it does meaningful. Even achieving something like a 60x multiplies only makes it go from 54 to 3,240 and 3,240 damage to a level 100 Heavy Gunner who has over 900,000 effective health isn't much. Hell, if it's a Corrupted Heavy Gunner at level 100, that things has over 2 million Effective health. So that's 3,240 damage hitting 2 million EHP IF you can get that 60 damage multiplier on a Mind Control target in 4 seconds. Just really feel if the Mind Control target could inherit elemental damage, crit and status stats from your weapon, it could actually help you kill that Corrupted Heavy Gunner you're facing during that Sortie 3 during Orokin Survival. Especially since armor provides so much damage reduction. A non crit/non status 3,240 on a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner will be reduced by 96%. That means your Mind Control target is hitting for 130 damage now. Sure, Pyschic Bolts reducing Shields/Armor by 80% at max will help you do more damage to your Mind Control target (if Mind Control doesn't erase/prevent the effects of Pyschic Bolts) to achieve stronger multipliers. Yeah, Pyschic Bolts could remove 80% of that Corrupted Heavy Gunner's Armor reducing a lot of that 2 Million EHP. But then you're in the situation where you have baby sit you're Mind Control target and debuff what IT decides to target at all times to ensure it does meaningful damage instead of letting it wreak havoc after you charge the Mind Control target's damage multiplier. Just if anything, would like it if your Mind Control target inherited one of your weapons Elemental damage, if nothing else. Would be nice if they inherited a portion of your crit and status stats, too.

"Psychic Bolts:

BEFORE:
Nyx launches a cluster of force bolts at enemies, using telekinesis to adjust flight paths and seek nearby targets.
The Number of Bolts and Damage dealt, including a Radiation Status chance made up the entirety of this power.t wasn't unique enough and on its own, it didn't offer enough in high level missions. 

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras. 
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis. "

I like this one. If that 80% reduction in Armor/Shields scales with power strength so that we can remove 100% Armor/Shields with Intensify, then this is a great ability. I am guessing that it still has a Radiation Proc and does Radiation damage. The AFTER didn't seem to imply it was keeping the Radiation damage. I hope it does and I hope getting 100% status chance won't be to difficult to achieve with investment into Power Strength. Wish that 11 seconds was 15 seconds but that's fine. Ability sounds great, but again. I hope it keeps it's Radiation damage and Radiation Proc ability.

"Absorb:

BEFORE: 
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge that deals Magnetic damage. Magnetic Damage doesn't always perform well, and a single damage type doesn't really feel like an 'Absorb'. 

AFTER: 
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge - but now we've made the damage type output dynamic based on incoming damage types. If it is fed in, it feeds out!

Absorb is a very unique power - when Augmented it allows for a completely different kind of play. Alone, Absorb gives Nyx immortality in a pinch and can CC with knockdown, but now we've just added another edge in giving it dynamic Damage."

Again, sounds great, though vague. Will put out all forms of damage absorbed? I.E. absorbs heat damage, Puncture damage, Toxin Damage and it will put out Heat Damage, Puncture Damage and Toxin Damage? Or will it only put out the most damaging element it recieves? I.E. it absorbs 500 Heat damage, 200 Slash damage, and 700 Puncture damage so it will strike back with 1400 Puncture damage?

No changes to Chaos? It honestly isn't a bad skill as is, but a minor buff would have been nice. Like enemies take 10% more damage under the effects of Chaos.

"Tribute: 

BEFORE: 
Tribute had to be cast multiple times on multiple enemy types to build up 4 unique Auras on Titania. The problem here was... too much casting. 

AFTER: 
Simply getting 1 type of Tribute will be enough to have its maximum power. You can continue to acquire tributes to refresh the Duration, but you no longer need to build them up. 

As for the 4 Tribute types: 
Dust - keep as-is:it reduces enemy accuracy by 50%!

Thorns - increase to 50% of damage reflected back to the attacker!

Entangle - keep as-is: one Entangle tribute slows an enemy by 25%!

Fullmoon - the 75% damage buff now applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies!"

First, I really think she needs to get the buffs the moment she cast Tribute, and not have to chase down an after image of the enemy to get them. Second, when she gets a buff, every ally within Affinity Range should get the buff as well. Third, these buffs are practically inconsequential as is. What they really need to do is scale with modded Power Strength. Sure, put a cap on the Enemy Accuracy debuff. 100% accuracy reduction would mean nothing ever hits you and your allies. 80% would be a nice cap though. I understand Razor Wing gives 50% evasion to Titania, but if the buff is for allies too then they should get a bit more and a cap of 80% for allies would be great. As for Thorns 50% returned damage is nothing so enemies. 300% return damage would be good. Not the best, but good. Speaking of the Dust buff and the Thorns buff, one of these has to go because they directly conflict with each other. Dust working as intended means you never get to enjoy the benefits of Thorns. Thorns returning damage means Dust isn't working. They conflict with each other. I think Thorns should change into a damage buff for her and allies. Full Moon is a 75% damage buff for companions so why not make Thorns a 75% damage buff for allies? Titania really doesn't have the EHP to be actively wanting to receive damage in order to return it to the enemy. A Damage buff should only have a soft cap of however much Power Strength you are willing to fit on Titania. If you really don't want to give her a damage buff for her and allies, how about a Attack Speed/Fire Rate/Movement Speed/Reload Speed buff? That would be a really great buff to have, say a 50% Increase to Fire Rate/Movement/Reload/Attack Speed(melee) to her and allies? Capping at 200% increases to Speeds with Power Strength? Entangles 25% enemy slow should scale with Power Strength under the same rules as Molecular Prime (Capping at 75%). Companion damage is pathetic outside of Kubrows and even then their damage is middling at higher levels. Not saying Sweeper Prime should be one shotting Sortie level enemies but having that 75% damage scale with Power Strength would at least let Deth Machine Rifle contribute to killing fodder enemies. I understand if this had a cap of like 300% bonus damage or so... Again, the important thing would be for these buffs to scale in some way with Power Strength. Team Mates don't really care if their companion does 75% more damage. A lot of people remove weapons from Sentinels so that the live longer or only add Crowd Control mods to Sentinel Weapons so they can CC enemies, and not out right kill them. Having the 75% damage bonus scale would be more incentive. That and Thorns and Dust directly contradicting each other is bad. One of them should be changed and I vote for Thorn to either give a damage buff to allies or a speed buff to allies.

"Lantern:

BEFORE: 
Lantern was a single-target ability that could result in wildly bouncing enemies making it hard to achieve the core function of attracting witless enemies.  

AFTER: 
Lantern can now be cast on up to 4 targets with better 'tethered' victims. You will be able to 'explode' all targets by holding the Lantern cast. "

Well, so long as they're legit Tethered to the ground say 3 meters high and don't go flying into space, Crowd Control is Crowd Control. Rather the 4 enemy cap be removed but at least we can shut down things like Bombards and Corpus Techs. Would be nice if the Explosion did damage based off the targets Health, that would be awesome!

"Razorwing: 

BEFORE: 
A lot of bonking to pick up loot. 

AFTER:
Razorwing will simply receive a Vacuum to make acquiring loot, energy, etc easier. Remember - less of a hassle!"

Honesty, Razor Wing is pretty strong so I wasn't expecting much and having Vacuum on Razorwing would be great. Just please make the range more than 12 meters and not require you to actually have a companion with Fetch/Vacuum. Please make it innate to Razorwing. I presonally would have wanted a magazine increase. 60 rounds disappears in a Blink with Razorwing Blitz. Now 200 rounds in the magazine would be nice. 500 would be great! Would also like Diwata to get a crit buff to 30%. It is the weakest Exalted melee weapon. Would also like it if Razor Wing Flies get revived after say 10 seconds when you're not at max. One thing I REALLY REALLY WANT is for mods like Aviator and Agility Drift to work while in Razor Wing. She is air born so there is no reason why they shouldn't work.

Surprised there was no change to Spell Bind. For a first ability, it's not really bad honestly. Doesn't really help you kill and it's cheap CC. In many aspects it's better CC than Lantern and kind of out does it. Think about it: for 25 Energy I can make all enemies in range drop their weapons and float away for 16 where as for 75 Energy I lock down 4 enemies at max for 25 seconds. Sure, every enemy within 20 meters MIGHT attack your Laterns. But with Spell Bind I can make sure no enemies attack Titania instead of hoping enemies with in 20 meters of Titania's Lanterns attack the target. Just saying Lantern and Spell Bind kind of overlap with each other.

I thank you for the work you are doing on these two Warframes, DE but please, I hope you address the counter intuitive issues with in Nyx and Titania's Kit. Rhino's buff's are great because they scale with Power Strength. Octavia's buffs are great because they scale with Power Strength. Titania's buffs don't matter because they don't scale with Power Strength...and most of them are buffs no one really cares about. Returning enemy damage will always be weak with out 500% return damage or something high like that and most people don't use Companions for damage. Nyx's passive of reducing enemy accuracy will be useless when her kit gives her 100% damage negation. 

I love the proposed changes, but ...

* DE, please consider strengthening the role of razorwing's razorflies. In the current implementation they are mostly unnoticable.

Make them indestructible or let them respawn without needing to leave/re-enter razorwing.

* Also, can we get something else instead of the thorns buff? Somewhting like makeing enemy weapons likely to  jam? (Gremlins are kind of fairies, too, i guess :-))

* Beguiling Lantern is just troo weak/niche.

* Titania's casting speed feels very sluggish.

About Nyx:

The mindcontrolled target really needs a huuuge damabe buff to even out downtimes because of AI behaviour.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

As for Nyx though... I'll have to double down on the fact that the sheer amount of energy drain on Absorb makes the ability literally useless. 

Also, Why do you still enable the trolls by letting them 1 shot all of nyx's energy? It forces her out of the ability, usually without actually killing anything because the scaling is just terrible.

I remember back before you implemented the energy drain that scaled with damage. I remember actually seeing people using absorb, especially in defences. I truly think that the removal of the drain would be enough to make players use Nyx again. 

As much as i want the same thing, i think DE will think twice before reducing the energy drain.. i remember back when they introduce the augment for the first time.. you can still roll, so reduced movement speed really didnt matter at all.. i brought pre-nerf synoid simulor and pre-buff synoid gammacor, and i never in the need of energy because of constant energy replenish from syndicate proc.. aside from nullifier, it made me invincible as long as i can keep killing enemies.. that’s what DE trying to avoid and they already did with hysteria’s nerf..

Taking the damage out of Nyx's Psychic Bolts was what I was fearing most. The damage wasn't much, but that is what made building around it feel fun and unique. At worst it was at least a decent way of seeing where enemies were hiding, at best I was performing better dps than saryns/embers/equinox (Thanks partially to psychic bolts being castable whilst shooting/reloading). Is it really so bad to have it do the new effect while keeping the tiny damage? I love playing Nyx and I don't want to feel like I have to play the usual crowd control specs to be any use as her. If she loses the damage on her bolts I don't think she will be a fit for me anymore, and with Nyx being easily one of my main frames it will end up making the game in general less fun with one of my favorites kicked out of her role. I am sure she will still find use by others after these changes, but with one of my favorites frames no longer able to play the way I enjoyed most and had forma'd her specifically to do I will always miss it. At best I might be able to use her again (after reforma'ing), but never will I enjoy using her as much as I had prior and that will make playing her in this state increasingly sour til I inevitably shelf her.

Please reconsider scrapping the miniscule damage her psychic bolts do. At worst they still do cruddy damage, at best maybe they do more damage thanks to the debuffs they are applying to their targets making the skill worth  the energy cost.

Sweet, can't wait! Hope some of the Augments also get some QoL changes too.

Ex: Chaos Sphere for Nyx should not shrink. It kind of defeats the purpose of the mod. Maybe it does not shrink and last for the full duration, but it's 50% of the range that you currently have with Chaos.

That's the main one. I don't know much about Titania, but I think Chaos Sphere needs some love. :)

Yeah um the Titania changes are not enough, Vacuum is good.

As stated repeatedly by others Titanias problems are, her survivability, energy pool, casting times and abilities don't combine into a good feeling gameplay style.

Some Ideas:

her 1) reduce casting times massively. at least be a quick and cheap cc.

her 2) compared to Octavias auras feels like getting trolled. How about:
Activate: one enemy is ragdolled an leaves it's soul behind
Souls act like a health/energy restore for Titania

her 3) enemy begin to float, all damage/cc dealt to the floating enemy is dealt enemies in an area

her 4) generally for all movement mode changes; preserve initial momentum

2 hours ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Her 4: Needs nerfed to allow for more sensible other abilities. Anyone who has ever cared to play as Titania will likely agree, that whilst it is uber-powerful in the Simulacrum the sad truth is you will never need that much power (against level 155's in example) when you can't even go into a level 50 mission because you'll die before you can even get one buff. 

HELL. NO. Absolutely not. I've been bringing Titania to anything from sorties, through long high index to Eidolon hunts. She is my main frame. After the initial learning period, survival was never an issue. You can easily survive, if you know what you are doing. If you really can't survive at all against level 50 enemies, then that's your fault, plain and simple. Hint: the idea is avoiding damage, not facetanking it. You have built in evasion, distraction in the form of razorflies, easily recastable complete status immunity, oh, and you can zip around at like mach 2, you got the tools, use them. I have put on Quick Thinking just in case, but I rarely ever trigger it below T3 sortie levels.

This is exactly what I'm fearing with the rework: a nerf to her 4 to buff the rest. Problem is: all that'd do is make her objectively worse. She is a single target DPS frame. That's all. She has no real CC, no AoE damage, no team buffs, no meaningful enemy debuffs, nothing. She can do insane damage to a single target and that's about it. And that is fine. I'd rather have a frame specializing in something and be really good at that one thing at the expense of everything else, than these jack of all trades, master of none XP fodder frames we've been getting lately. Nerf her DPS, and even the people who use her will drop her, since she is now not excellent at anything, instead "Meh" at a lot of things.

With that being said, Tribute is utterly misguided as a concept. The key for survival with Titania is keeping the distance and blasting enemies before they'd get close enough to do real damage or while they are occupied by your razorflies. So the idea that I have to fly into the enemy group to pick up a buff with a short duration is a really bad design decision. Especially since these buffs are still meaningless. Dust is cool, but she already has built in evasion and all those damage evading factors I mentioned earlier. I'd wager I save myself a lot more by not going into the enemy group to pick up this buff. Thorns is useless, since she is like the most squishy frame in the game, facetanking any damage with her is just a terrible idea. You can make her return 1000% of the damage, it's still going to be a trash buff, since you'll still get killed all the same. Entangle: meh, I can outspeed the enemies already and it's not gonna do much to help. As for fullmoon: unless you are doing several hours long survival on Mot or something akin to that, you don't need more damage. Like, a lvl 150 eximus heavy gunner melts away in under a second with headshots already.

My recommendation: make all squadmates capable of picking up her buff. That way I can keep killing things from a distance while simultaneously also buffing my team. A win-win all around and it might just make me consider using her 2.

Lantern rework is fine. Not gonna be used a lot, but does it does what it supposed to and is just fine, so it's okay.

Razorwing vacuum is very much welcome. However, I'd really like to ask you to consider making her razorflies either automatically respawn, or recastable without leaving and reentering razorwing form. They are essential for survival, but on higher levels they die pretty fast and constantly getting in and out of razorwing form to get them back is not practical, especially since the blitz is canceled on leaving razorwing. (Personally I'd welcome if Tribute would be replaced by a "summon razorwing flies" ability, making the little buggers available in normal form and easily recastable in razorwing form)

Another 2 recommendations: 

1) Increase her base energy. She has the lowest base energy pool of all the caster frames. Right now Arcane energize is pretty much a must to make her not annoying to use, which is a shame.

2) Make spellbound faster to cast. Considering that it's a quickfire ability to stop enemies, cleanse status effects and power up blitz, it really needs to be castable way faster. It's not a powerhouse ability, it's a quick utility one that has no reason to be this slow.

The issue with Nyx is that her mind contolled targets stop what they're doing and follow her if she moves away from them. Even if it's just a short distance so lots of the time they really just dont attack which wastes most of your duration with travel time. Maybe tether the mind controlled target to an area of 30m or so, that way while nyx is actively moving your mind control can keep attacking.

I don't personally enjoy Nyx anyway so I have no comments.

I personally play a pure Razorwing Titania without Razorwing Blitz, because there really isn't much purpose in using her other skills in their current iteration. As mentioned by many others already, her low energy pool makes one want to reserve everything for Razorwing, given that she can't regain energy other than picking up orbs (and rage is not viable as she can't regen health either). I actually have a lot of gripes with her entire kit (I have an alternate build with very long range and low strength to try playing using her 1, 2, 3, guess what I didn't use that beyond three missions), which the rework isn't going to address. 

I get it that Razorwing is awesome but given Titania's current state you would be better off if her first 3 abilities were replaced by Trinity's EV. Really.

Ok, first we start with Titania's base stats.

Shields and Health are both 100 base (300 at level 30). I don't have any problem with that if she is going to be built as a glass cannon. I can't be half assed about her armor either.

Energy is 100, with 150 at level 30. This really needs to be increased, like many says. I would of course wish for 175 base (262 at 30) with her eventual prime having 200 (300 at 30) but I guess 150 (225 at 30) is still better than nothing. Right now as it stands, this is very low.

A lot of people are talking about very long cast times. Yes, these are very, very long, even for someone used to not using natural talent on his other frames. There is no reason to cast any ability when it locks you in place and doesn't do much, making one dead very quickly if shot at. Not to mention even in Razorwing you are better off slashing with Diwata or firing if the Dex Pixias have ammo in them.

Titania's passive is fine when it's not convenient to move around in Razorwing. It helps her cover ground faster, I guess. I never use it to help my team mates move faster anyway. Titania could do with longer aim glide as well.

As for her abilities? 

1. Spellbind:

Could have some great uses ... but hampered by its very clunky mechanics.

• Issues
    • As mentioned by many, yes, enemies are still going to float away like helium balloons with snapped strings. I don't need to reiterate this.
    • It is troublesome even if used as a self cleanse, as already mentioned. You cannot cast on the self and must find a nearby wall, or even kiss it if you use narrow minded.
    • Radius of Spellbind is very small even when built for max range. A proper Razorwing Build using narrow minded makes this completely useless outside of stacking Razorwing Blitz.
    • Cast speed. People keep talking about this it hurts.
    • No real reason to use it when it's smarter to focus on re-positioning and firing more shots in Razorwing. 
  • Suggestions
    • Increase the cast speed. Make it so Titania can still move when casting. Or even better make it a one handed action
    • Rather than make enemies float, bind them to the ground with energy vines! It's more melee friendly and there is no risk of team mates shooting the targets to an alternate universe.
    • Make it an AoE around Titania/a cone in front of Titania that grants the status cleanse and immunity. As it stands, CCing enemies 50 meters away is pointless when shooting them with a gun is bound to ... solve the problem better (even when not in Razorwing).
    • Possibly make enemies drop energy or health orbs if they are affected by Spellbind when they die. Would open up use of Energy/Health conversion on Titania as well as Rage.

2. Tribute:

The RNG nature of buffs is still not solved. Still an energy hog. Still not going to help Titania live longer. Still clunky.

• Issues
    • Cast time is not changed!? No real reason to use it when it's smarter to focus on re-positioning and firing more shots in Razorwing, as above. 
    • Obtained buffs still enemy dependent. Buffs are still not very good. This has been mentioned by many. Titania shouldn't be using Damage Reflection!
    • Still energy hungry, just less so.
    • Not reusable on the same enemy - what if we want to make them lose 25% of their damage again?
    • Souls are in a rather bad position to be picked up if it's in the middle of a clump of enemies.
    • Short cast range
  • Suggestions
    • One handed cast. This ability really deserves it. Allow Titania to reload, run and do anything else as she waves her hand in a fancy way.
    • Unify all the buffs as one and make Titania have to stack it. Removes the RNG entirely
      • Possible way to do this is just make Titania gain 10% damage reduction (affects Razorflies), 25% (fixed) enemy slow in 10/15/20/25/30 meter radius and 10% more companion damage (affects razorflies) per stack, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. 
    • Allow Titania to recast it on enemies if we want to hurt them and give them that -25% again. Doesn't have to give another soul.
    • Rather than push the enemy away, knock them down and pull the soul towards Titania by half of the maximum range. If she's near she'd just pick it up anyway and if she's far at least there's less legwork to get the soul. Plus you don't have to charge into an enemy clump.
    • Reduce the cost to 25. Even 35 is a better deal.
    • Increase max range to 35 meters or even 50. Come on...
    • Allow it to respawn one Razorfly per soul picked up in Razorwing?

3. Lantern:

The single target hard CC is solved by allowing up to 4 now. Tether sounds great. However, the DoT is pretty much still aesthetic now.

• Issues
    • Long cast is a prevalent Titania problem. 
    • DoT area is pretty small
    • Final Explosion is also kind of small and doesn't scale.
  • Suggestions
    • I get it this is a stronger ability. At least don't lock Titania's movement when she's casting this.
    • increase the DoT area to 10 meters. It's just aesthetic now.
    • The final explosion can store damage dealt to the lantern while it is active and release it in a 12 meter radius blast. I mean if you have the urge to shoot the lantern it should give some return.

4. Razorwing:

Titania's shining star ... and overall the only really good ability she has. Right now it makes her a one trick pony. Adding the Vacuum is nice. Titania is not a fast flier, though.

• Issues
    • Diwata is in a state where using your Dex Pixia for melee is still a better choice.
    • Razorflies have no way of coming back
    • Not as fast as one would like without Razorwing Blitz
    • Again, the casting animation ... but I don't have that much issues with this because you only use it once in a while.
  • Suggestions
    • Diwata can benefit from more base damage (in the 300s range) and even more crit chance (maybe 25%/30%). Make it like some proper Arch Melee! Or perhaps give it a special effect like giving Razorflies on Diwata kills.
    • Slow Razorfly regen of 1 Razorfly every 5 seconds if less than max number? Or a secondary fire that consumes 15 energy to regenerate all Razorflies?
    • Give us an afterburner for Titania so she can boost. This is much needed, really.
    • Let Titania's Razorwing Vacuum suck up souls generated by Tribute?
    • Nullify the energy costs for a duration if Titania picks up a Tribute Soul?
    • Allow Aviator to work with Razorwing.

Unlike many I wouldn't say Titania is in an absolute terrible state and I still kind of like her, but her 1, 2 and 3 aren't going to be worth using even when buffed as one is still inclined to reserve all that energy for Razorwing.

On 2018-11-28 at 10:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

This new Passive fits her theme well. Be it psychically making the enemy drop their weapons randomly or alter their perception of where Nyx is. And I like it but I would like it even more if her Defensive ability allowed for movement without the augment. But I do think it should affect her allies as well

Mind Control:

BEFORE:
Nyx picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration. The problem this had was the target never really felt... powerful.  

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

The target will have a 4-second wind up period to absorb your weapon damage which is on a multiplier to enhance its OUTPUT damage. For example only (numbers not final): every 2500 damage = 1.5x damage output of the target
We've also included better 'follow Nyx' behaviour to have the target stay with her.  

This feels really engaging in practice and adds just a bit more activity to your Nyx play - your targets become more valuable and you get to focus on weapon gameplay in the 4 second window to really pump them up! A Nyx should always choose their victim wisely.

I'm excited to try this new Mind Control out. Hopefully, MC'd targets don't count as enemies during defense/exterminate missions e.e Also hoping the multiplier or damage need to reach said multiplier is not affected by strength but it probably will be. Simply because I never saw Nyx and a Strength type frame, but I'll embrace her nonetheless

Might consider using Frost's Snow Globe during it absorb phase as an example for Mind Control's wind up phase. Every 2500 Damage dealt by enemies/allies = 1x every 2500 dmg dealt by Nyx's weapons = 1.5x or other maths. It makes it more beneficial to apply the damage yourself but also makes it to where it's not mandatory for MC to be effective.

Psychic Bolts:

BEFORE:
Nyx launches a cluster of force bolts at enemies, using telekinesis to adjust flight paths and seek nearby targets.
The Number of Bolts and Damage dealt, including a Radiation Status chance made up the entirety of this power.t wasn't unique enough and on its own, it didn't offer enough in high level missions.

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis.

Yay!! I gave a suggestion similar to this in regards to shield/armor stripping. So happy to see this change to Psychic Bolts. I am wondering how it will work because currently, PB fires only 6 projectiles at random nearby targets. Now that would be okay if an enemy already affected by bolts when struck again refreshes the duration but also lets out an additional 4 or 6 bolts. Or perhaps a small 3/5 meter AoE that applies the debuff.

Or have the number of bolts fired be affected by duration like Nova's Null Star. Then you can use the first suggestion as an augment.

Absorb:

BEFORE:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge that deals Magnetic damage. Magnetic Damage doesn't always perform well, and a single damage type doesn't really feel like an 'Absorb'.

AFTER:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge - but now we've made the damage type output dynamic based on incoming damage types. If it is fed in, it feeds out!

Absorb is a very unique power - when Augmented it allows for a completely different kind of play. Alone, Absorb gives Nyx immortality in a pinch and can CC with knockdown, but now we've just added another edge in giving it dynamic Damage.        

I honestly love Absorb but please let me move without the augment! I think allowing more movement while channeling Absorb would make her better at her CC/defensive role. At least allow her to jump and roll e.e

I'd love if Absorb had Assimilate already built-in and the augment could be changed to allow Nyx to drop her Absorb like Frost's Snow Globe while letting ally damage in as well as out, or Nova's Molecular Prime. But Absorbing only enemy damage not ally damage because then It would be like Limbo's Rift Stasis before it's rework.

I'm glad Chaos hasn't changed but I do feel like it needs a new augment maybe something like Chaos Energize: % of the damage dealt to enemies under the influence of Chaos is returned to Nyx the in form of energy regeneration kinda like Sharpshooter.

Either way, I am thrilled that she is getting some well-deserved love. Nyx is my absolute favorite frame.... she is literally all play except when I use Rhino to go play in the index. Plus new sound library!!

I. 

CANT. 

WAIT.

>.<

@[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

If I understand how this reflect works, Titania gets hit for 100, takes 100 damage, then the enemy gets hit back for 50. Status doesn't get reflected.

This is not apparently useful because in these fights in Warframe, Four Tenno against Hundreds of Enemies, the Hundreds of Enemies have far, far more health than Titania ever will. Compounding this is that an enemy can be replaced but Titania does not have easy access to recovery mechanisms.

But Tribute can be taken by your sqadmates too, so imagine thorns on a tank frame. The problem is that teammates don't bother to take the tribute so often (nearly NEVER), so a good idea would be that if Titania pick up a tribute buff it would be shared with your mates in a certain radius.

Archived