Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

i would prefer if titania's tribute's slow was buffed. tribute requiring you to pick up the soul forces the player to move into the middle of a mob of enemies, where they are most vulnerable but also affecting the most enemies with their aura. even with the quality of life change to tribute, going in to collect the soul still feels like an unnecessary risk when it could instead be a powerful incentive for the player to pivot from ranged dps to melee with CC, knocking out a heavy unit then going in swinging on the mooks with melee before they can react. if you're going to improve all of her other ranged CC options, please at the very least consider making the slow affected by power strength so that she has a reason to actually use her 10 meter slow aura.

Titania needed better physics on her one as well. Her buffs onntribure need some changes perhaps maybe soke related to damage? The lantern change is great. Nyx changes look wonderful. Im just sad my lovely Fae didnt really get touched. He Dwiata still needs help in damage category and the dex pixia ammo economy is a atrocious. Maybe some more love for titania?

7 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

You do get buffs from your kavat when you're in razorwing.

Just don't forget that adarza's crit only applies to a certain area. If you are outside the range of that area it won't work. However, smeeta's global range buffs always work on titania, no matter if she's in razorwing or not.

Your pets don't exist while you're in Razorwing, other than you keep the benefits of animal instinct, and any buffs they cast before entering Razorwing. 

Nyx's passive seems kinda pointless. Does not do much in early levels, and in later levels enemies accuracy scales up so its like a very low % chance to not instantly die when you are caught with your pants down(out of assimilate). I would have preferred something like Nyx has a reduced threatlevel so chaos'd enemies would attack other enemies over a Nyx.

The Mindcontrol change may be somewhat useful but I doubt it very much. AI in Warframe is godawful be it enemies or lobotomized Companions. That is the sole reason that Kavats are basically only 1 extra Modslot for your Warframe to stick the Critmod or Resourcebooster-mod there. Building them for damage or CC is pointless because unreliable.

Psychic Bolts removing 100% Shields/Armor with some Powerstrength seems pretty useful in lategame so thats nice.

Changes to Assimilate seem like not much at all. It is pretty much only used to stay alive and never for Damaging things and this just changes the damagetype so basically no change at all there.

All in all this rework gives Psychic Bolts a use and you can hopefully fool around with Mind Control without feeling like you totally wasted your time but nothing revolutionary that would catapult her into competitive levels with other Frames until such a time when CC matters again in Warframe and it is not just a low level nuke anything Meta. So basically until we finally have some Endgame worth playing. Arbitrations sadly missed that mark.

The added Vacuum for Titania is a godsend in QoL so + Points there. (though really it should have been there from the start)

Tribute still seems pointless and only kinda useful for Dust if you want to rely on Coinflips to stay alive in higher Levels. The 25% slow is handicapped by a 10m Range rendering it pointless on a frame that is flying above ground therefore Melee enemies already can not hit her while ranged attackers will merrily shred her to pieces due to being farther away than 10 m most of the time. Especially with all the open world content. Thorns is a hilarious joke I hope you know why already. And buffing Companions damage is a joke too because Companions are brainless fools like I explained above.

Lantern changes seem pretty solid though but Titania still has low low low energy reserves considering you want to be in her 4 at all times so casting a lot of spells will still be hard although the Vacuum might alleviate that a bit now.

Overall Titania did not get much better. Animations are slow. You still need to recast her 4 to get Razorfly's back, using Razorwing Blitz is still awkward since you have no spell you can use at will (you have to target enemies with 2/3 or the ground beneath you with 1 meaning you have to hug it which breaks gameflow) and she is basically still a slow-flying cumbersome mosquito that can admittedly sting pretty hard with her gun but that's it. You are better off using a frame with good and easy to use abilities and stick a good assaultrifle on it if you want to simulate Dex Pixia. No reason to waste energy on tribute still because the buffs are not worth the hassle. And her passive does not do much for her either when she is in her 4.

I hope more changes are to come since this feels somewhat half-baked.

For Nyx :

Passive : Something is wrong about this new passive, i like the idea but it doesn't seem to synergize well with Absorb. Maybe the new passive would work better this way if " Every time the enemies hit Nyx, their accuracy will decrease. "

Mind Control : Would be great if mind controlled targets could ignore armor of the enemies.

Psychic Bolts : Nothing to say, good change.

Absorb : Personally i kill all the enemies in range before deactivating Absorb because Assimilate augment mod reduce the explosion range by half so that means all the damage absorbed from the ability is kinda wasted.

For Titania :

Tribute : Thorn aura should be changed completely as reflect damage in Warframe is not reliable in general. Change this aura in a way that damage taken can be stored and then can be released back against our enemies for the next few hits via our weapons.

Lantern and Razorwing changes are welcomed even if Lantern energy cost is a bit high to me.

The casting animation for her abilities needs to be quickier and her energy pool needs to be increased as well; Titania have to cast her abilities a lot and in a quick succession to keep all her buff active.

These changes look pretty solid and good for the most part but I would change a few things.

Nyx:

Mind Control: The multiplier thing is good, but should be increased to 2.0x not 1.5x, and the output damage of an enemy needs to ignore armor. I don't care if the second ability strips it, armor is the bane of any miniscule enemy damage. Even with only 20% armor left on an enemy it will be a big nothingburger I think even if you unload 4 tigris prime shots point blank into an enemy during the absorb period, because in a game where you're bullet jumping everywhere I don't expect enemy AI to be able to keep up with a warframe since pet AI can't. It should also increase the range of enemy auras like ancient healer eximuses, since that's the main way mind control gets used pre-rework on my end, to steal a healer aura.

I also want to see how much health is lost by the enemy when I mind control an enemy and unload damage into them, so that I know just how much to shoot an enemy before I turn my back on them. My main problem with mind control in it's current form is you don't know how much damage you need to drop into a mind controlled enemy so that when they stop being mind controlled they're not gonna just shoot you in the back of the head when you're not looking at them.

Psychic Bolts: Got no complaints about this one as long as I can use power STR to increase the strip to 100% armor/shield strip not 80%.

Absorb: Two things. 1: You say that Nyx's new passive is an enemy accuracy debuff. Will that accuracy debuff still be active while absorb is active? Cause if not, we got a MASSIVE oversight here with this ability. How are you going to be able to absorb, especially with the augment, if enemies are not hitting you with their guns? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the passive outside of this ability's use, but this needs more thought put into it beyond surface level interaction. and 2: Will the range of the explosion be buffed? Because if not, I still don't see myself using this much. Nothing short of a 20m blast will be sufficient for it's use. I appreciate the status proc absorb aspect though.

Titania:

Let's just get this out of the way first: Her ability casting time needs to be roughly half as long across the board. It's way too long right now and natural talent is all but mandatory currently.

Tribute: This is a fine, if not particularly extraordinary change. I like what you did to Full Moon though. However, thorns needs a change: Make that a 50% damage resistance, not a reflection. Reflection does not do enough damage to enemies, your EHP will tank to 0 before your enemy's will, at least with 50% resist you get more survivability from stray enemy attacks which is actually useful, especially with an accuracy debuff.

Lantern: It's fine. I wanna see how it functions in gameplay before I make a judgement call, I'm interested to know what you mean by "Tethered victims", do you mean that the cast target will still float away but you can just cast on 4 more enemies which means more distracted targets or will they attach to the ground like they're on a balloon string?

Razorwing: Absolutely no complaints here, good job.

All in all, I'm excited for these changes, they just need a few tweaks.

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

My main complaint is that while Nyx buffs seem decent on paper with fitting changes to her powers that tie in on her overall theme, Titania is apparently getting screwed over again instead of getting an actual rework!

Reveal hidden contents

Meanwhile DPS monsters like Saryn got special teacher's pet attention and got made even more broken! (Yes I hate Saryn and how it was reworked, she needed reining in, not making her ever more lethal and effective while she was already overkill)

Titania's main problems:

- she's a frame with low stats and tipical caster fragility but doesn't get the corresponding high base energy reserve;

- all her defensive powers are severely unreliable being RNG based, based on static values that get rendered obsolete by enemy accuracy scaling, and in one case dependet on enemy distance, spending energy and resources on a coin toss with worsening chances is dissatisfying;

- punishing casting times and animation locks while out of razorwing mode - on an inerently fragile frame that needs to stay mobile to survive;

- Spellbind and Lantern are just 2 different aspects of the same power, put them in the same slot like you did Ivara and Vauban, and give her a new #3 power.

- Spellbind:

> has a self status removal component, but forces you to cast it in the ground to have that effect, let it affect Titania simply when casting without other targets under the aiming reticle like all other similar powers!;

> range scaling with modding is mediocre and enemy ragdolling get utterly ridiculous quickly, the inherent disarm conversely is quite useful;

- Tribute:

needs many more improvements than banal number tweaks. The reduction of tributes needed to achieve the full effect is a nice thing, that she needs to pick up "souls" to actually have the power do anything, on top of her abismal casting times is still stupid and insulting! All other frames cast on target and the target is affected, period.

> if you have to keep the pickup nature of Tribute make the "souls" susceptible to her Razorwing Vacuum at the very least! and add some utility to them, like an heal or an energy refund if absorbed while the corresponding buff is at full duration...

> Dust is her main defensive buff and it's mediocre due to being a reduction on enemy accuracy (and enemy accuracy scales with their level rendering the debuff useless quite quickly) in a limited area centered on Titania - Dust needs to be at least an absolute miss chance of 50% whatever the enemy accuracy stat and distance from Titania!

> Thorns like all damage reflection abilities is useless due to the disparity between enemy damage and their EHP, it should reflect damage mutiplied by a factor of 3x at least to start to be noticeable and it won't prevent players from being shredded anyway...

> Entangle is another case of not enough with frames like Octavia or Nova that can affect entire maps... 10 m rafius is useless especially with the advent of the new open maps

> Full Moon, at least you finally made it useful for Titania herself by including all companions and her Razorflies...

> All Tribute buffs don't improve in any way from their mediocre base effect with modding of her power strenght, duration or range - this is plainly bad and lazy design! fixed minimum effects are a godsend for sacrificing range in favour of strenght and duration for her razorwing at least, but all Tribute buffs fail quickly in usefulness with enemy scaling due to their fixed nature

- Lantern:

> it's attraction effect is useless as it works only on unalerted and unaggroed enemies so, if cast during a firefight, it's largely ignored, it also tend to float its victims towards the ceiling, out of useful range or it sends them straight into satelite orbit in the Plains and Orb Vallis - and it's just a variation of spellbind, not deserving of being its own power.

> just fold it into Spellbind and rework it like Ivara's Quiver, adding another pair of effects on it.

- Razorwing:

> two exalted weapons are nice, but her melee suffers from being single target only and putting her in enemies' reach, the future addition of a decent innate vacuum is a godsend because her current 3 m vacuum is actually scaled down to her diminutive size... and she's got a ton of issues;

> anti-archwing attacks target her with full accuracy regardless of buffs and passives even when out of Razorwing mode, and doing archwing scale damage to her, this was a stealth and cowardly nerf just right when her augment was released and makes the two places were she should shine Plains of Eidolon and orb Vallis, far more deadly than they should, please revert this as it is inexcusable; missiles meant to knock players out of archwing kill her outright like they "kill" by design archwings because there isn't the second layer of EHP of the vehicle protecting her;

> no way to renew razorflies without recasting Razorwing, razorflies should be separated in their own power as a new #3 due to their multiple effects (aggro distractions, sacrifical meatshields and extra autonomous Dps sources),

> razorflies health and number doesn't scale and die too easily to enemy fire and environment collisions!

> dependency on the augment and constant casting for decent flight and combat speed (resulting ina considerable extra energy tax to what should have been a fix to her base flight speed!),

> she gets unjustifably damaged from objects collisions (while useful to trigger Arcane Guardian some objects in the Void and elsewere are instakills!)

> going near the ground or any surface stops Titania dead in her tracks worse than flypaper for no apparent reason;

> reasonable casting speed for her other powers is forcibly tied into Razorwing as a form of energy tax! - make it her standard casting speed regardless

> scorporate razorflies and casting speed improvement (making it default for all her kit) from Razoring and in exchange reduce its energy drain;

> Razorwing passive 50% evasion ability suffers the same base problem from Dust: it subtracts from enemy accuracy instead of being an absolute % miss chance regardless of enemy stats, resulting in negation due to enemy scaling.

Considered the above you could even reasonably give Titania access to two different power kits (like Equinox) when she's on foot or in Razorwing, tweaking her power effects/behaviour depending on which form is she using.

TL:DR Nix tuning up looks good on paper, Titania really needs a lot more

This

I think Nyx' Absorb is innately bad, because you have to stand still and can't do anything. Pretty much no matter how much you buff it's current effects, using it would still feel like non-participation to me. In defense missions it feels like the old Resonating-Quake-Banshee (hit the button and grab a coffee) only less effective, because the other players nuke the room while you build up. In Excavation missions you can't do anything important like collecting energy cells, just bullet-sponging, and in more movement oriented missions, the other players just run by, taking the action somewhere else.

It would be pretty cool if you could use your other powers while absorbing, so you would have something to do while waiting (mindcontrolling, sending out psychic bolts and waves of chaos from within your personal point of tranquility), but even that would make "standing still" a hard sell for me. (Not a big fan of Mesa in this regard as well, but hey, one problem at a time).

On 2018-11-28 at 1:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

For the most part I'm not overly concerned about this one way or the other since many passives are underwhelming anyway. It's an upgrade from forcing high level enemies to melee you in the face instead of shooting you at least.

Mind Control: AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

The target will have a 4-second wind up period to absorb your weapon damage which is on a multiplier to enhance its OUTPUT damage. For example only (numbers not final): every 2500 damage = 1.5x damage output of the target

This seemed good at first glance, but the output multiplier doesn't mean much if enemy damage throughout their scaling is designed around finite player health rather than the infinitely increasing enemy health. Why shouldn't it just do a percentage of the damage players deal to it in that time? Players' gear is the only thing in the game that is actually designed to deal damage to enemies given how they scale.

Controlled enemies store damage received anyway and the control can't be renewed so they'll likely die when it wears off forcing you to find a new target (especially if you just make sure the damage we pump into them to buff counts as stored damage against their health when it wears off too). Given the enemy A.I. I don't foresee it being over powered if you're spending energy and taking time out of combat to charge them.

Psychic Bolts: AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis.

This is great, thank you!

It would be better though if 1 bolt was guaranteed to go to the enemy in your crosshair and all other bolts tracked as they do now. That way it would be more functional to not just spam it mindlessly and actually be able to strategically target that Ancient who's aura you want gone or any number of enemies that need to be prioritized in a group.

Absorb: AFTER:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge - but now we've made the damage type output dynamic based on incoming damage types. If it is fed in, it feeds out!

Absorb is a very unique power - when Augmented it allows for a completely different kind of play. Alone, Absorb gives Nyx immortality in a pinch and can CC with knockdown, but now we've just added another edge in giving it dynamic Damage.        

I'm happy about this change too, and while I use the augment because it's currently useless without it I think the default version at least should be given the same mechanic that I've read Garuda's Dread Heart has. With an un-augmented Absorb active you should be able to hold the Shoot button (it does nothing else during absorb anyway) to multiple the damage absorbed for additional energy cost and have it detonate, ending the ability, immediately upon release. The damage type was certainly an issue but purely for the sake of practicality in a fast paced multiplayer game it's too slow. Giving us the ability to sacrifice energy to speed it up sounds fair to me... I don't usually approve of copying mechanics from new frames for the hell of it, but really it's a feature Absorb should've had at launch.

While i see these changes going in a good direction, they dont seem quite there:

Nyx:

Passive:seems acceptable for something you get for just being there.

Mind Control: the damage enemies deal to each other gets to irrelevant numbers as the level go up, what you need in order for the ability to be useful is make it so you have an extra gun, so it can dps and kill enemies, if the numbers on the multiplier are high and consistent enough then fine, if not i suggest making it so across those 4 seconds it charges dps from your damage, instead of a multiplier or flat damage, making it so the target either attacks faster or gets the appropriate multiplier to their stats. You could also consider letting melee and/or allies contribute to the charge. Either way the goal is to make it so the target can kill other enemies at least as efficiently as someone with a properly modded weapon.

Psychic bolts: great, plain great. Will have to test for usefulness and numbers.

Chaos: consistency

Absorb: to begin it will be nice to have a counter on how much damage we will end up dealing. Increase it´s range please. It has the same problem as her current 1 does, you are dealing the damage the enemies output, it kills frames relatively easy, but barely chips other enemies health bars as the levels rise, even when multiple enemies are charging it. So to fix that problem, make it similar to octavia´s 1, enemies want to shoot it really bad and the damage back has a multiplier, to balance and avoid spam and/or set it and forget it, you can increase the the drain (make it cost its worth) 10 or 15 unmodded with an unmodable max of 20 or 25, you could also give it a soft cooldown, what i mean by this is make it so the drain will remain a short period of time, 8 seconds or so, in which you would use the rest of your abilities to survive, and help the squad, you could also make it so the ¨current drain¨ decreases over those 8 seconds, you so can more easily use it in a pinch.

Titania:

spellbind: please add more range, 10-15 meters would be amazing, and add some duration 20 seconds seems more reasonable.

tribute: the biggest problem i see with this is that you need an enemy to cast it, but most of the time everything is dead, so why not allow us to cast it from corpses, 1 buff per corpse, and if the body exploded or was cut in half then you could get the buff from any part of the corpse.

-dust: change it to flat damage reduction on pick up, and if titania herself picks another one up, it refreshes for the whole squad on affinity range

-thorns: same problem with nyx 1, enemies dont deal enough damage to damage each other, you could change it to have a chance to reflect damage with a multiplier.

-entangle: just numbers, buff it a bit the max slow like to 35% or let it be affected by strength

-full moon: buff to like 200% or let it be affected by strength

i believe the goal of these reworks is to give more power to the parts of the frames that need it in order to put the frame as a whole on the same line as the rest of the roster in terms of usefulness, basically so they are different tools that are best for certain jobs but have some flexibility and just are not a good idea to bring to certain places (slow nova for leveling runs).

it is also important that the current play-style and appeal of the warframe stays relatively the same for those who already like them, and give them alternative play-styles so more players give them a chance.

Give her a proper rework:
Passive - Swarm: A swarm of Razorflies always accompany Titania, attacking enemies and drawing aggro. If Razorflies are destroyed, they can be respawned slowly over time or by casting abilities. Razorflies deal more damage to enemies affected by Titania's abilities
Other: Increase base energy and half her casting times

1. Spellbind: On cast, halts enemy movement before casting them into the air to prevent momentum from moving them too much. Razorflies will be attracted to and attack Spellbound enemies.

2. Tribute: Rather than target-based, now attacks in a radial AoE around Titania. All enemies affected will have their damage heavily reduced and drop their souls on death. Razorflies are attracted to affected enemies. Allies receive all Tribute auras that Titania has active. Casting Spellbind on Souls will automatically pick them up for Titania

- Dust: Nearby enemies suffer reduced accuracy. More Souls increase the accuracy reduction
- Thorns: Scales off of health %'s. More souls, more damage, ie: 1 soul, 1%, 10 souls 10% hp (capped to 10) dmg over xx seconds.
- Entangle: Nearby enemies are slowed. More Souls Increase the slow effect 
- Full Moon: All companions and Razorflies receive increased damage.

3. Lantern: Tosses a glowing light a short distance, which then hovers in place and attracts nearby enemies. A second Swarm of Razorflies is spawned as well, luring in and attacking enemies. 

4. Razorwing: All ability costs are reduced while Razorwing is active. If Tribute is cast during Razorwing, Titania will pull all drops within range towards her

Miscs:
- Have all abilities not lock you in place whilst casting, it interrupts the flow so much of this agile warframe.

TL;DR
Passive - Adds survivability
Her 1 - Adds utility and spellweaving
Her 2 - Adds utility to a lacking buff-system currently in place.
Her 3 - Adds utility,Survivability, Spellweaving and increased defensive options
Her 4 - Removes the vacuum conflict with channeling ability (sucking up 25 energy orb with 199/200 energy)

After reading the dev workshop changes for nyx, Im pretty stoked as to what they plan on doing with her. Shes my main, and i thoroughly enjoy playing as her. Her 1 is now alot more usable, her 2 is actually something worth using now, and combining the armor reduction with CP is gonna be super nice for dealing with high level grineer. her 4 though ugh, can it please have more done to it except for some math changes? Its not worth using whatsoever without the augment, and from what I read, it still wont be worth using without the augment. The animation coming out is way to slow, and even if your able to charge it with other damage types, how often do enemies actually do elemental damage? unless your able to charge it with self damage, which I dont think DE will do since they removed that ability before, it'll only be worth using with the augment. I shouldn't need an augment to make it usable. The passive is kinda meh, its not great, not terrible either, its better then what she had before, since it gives more survivability, but since enemies dont really aggro her anyway when chaos or mind control are active, it really doesn't add much to her game play. Overall its pretty good, but could use some more tweaking. Also, are her augments going to be changing aswell? It would be neat to play around with more then just more augment, her chaos augment is ok, psychic bolts augment is trash, mind control augment is ok at best, and her absorb augment is 100% necessary for any build

14 minutes ago, Yukain said:

Passive - Swarm: A swarm of Razorflies always accompany Titania, attacking enemies and drawing aggro. If Razorflies are destroyed, they can be respawned slowly over time or by casting abilities. Razorflies deal more damage to enemies affected by Titania's abilities

1. Spellbind: On cast, halts enemy movement before casting them into the air to prevent momentum from moving them too much. Razorflies will be attracted to and attack Spellbound enemies.

2. Tribute: Rather than target-based, now attacks in a radial AoE around Titania. All enemies affected will have their damage heavily reduced and drop their souls on death. Razorflies are attracted to affected enemies. Allies receive all Tribute auras that Titania has active. Casting Spellbind on Souls will automatically pick them up for Titania

- Dust: Nearby enemies suffer reduced accuracy. More Souls increase the accuracy reduction
- Thorns: Scales off of health %'s. More souls, more damage, ie: 1 soul, 1%, 10 souls 10% hp (capped to 10) dmg over xx seconds.

3. Lantern: Tosses a glowing light a short distance, which then hovers in place and attracts nearby enemies. A second Swarm of Razorflies is spawned as well, luring in and attacking enemies. 

4. Razorwing: All ability costs are reduced while Razorwing is active. If Tribute is cast during Razorwing, Titania will pull all drops within range towards her

Miscs:
- Have all abilities not lock you in place whilst casting, it interrupts the flow so much of this agile warframe.

TL;DR
Her 3 - Adds utility,Survivability, Spellweaving and increased defensive options
Her 4 - Removes the vacuum conflict with channeling ability (sucking up 25 energy orb with 199/200 energy)

Yes please.

14 minutes ago, Yukain said:

Miscs:

TL;DR

This please.

Okay so DE please consider these changes as its apparent that nobody is really feeling these passovers. I'll keep them very small since it's a passover.

Titania

New Passive

Innate Healing return on melee hits

(honestly this could be anything thematic but make it work in razorwing)

Spellbind

Radial instead of targeted

(you know because it can affect her) 

enemies are tethered

(why you added that to lanturn but not this I really dont know)

It would also be nice if spellbinded enemies floated toward lanturns but were latched to the ground so no increase in height.

Tribute

I understand why these should not be affected by mods as they are auras and not buffs like Octavia but I have 1 exception. 

Now a channel ability activation cost of 25 and a channel cost of 2.5

Killing targets in titania's affinity range will auto grant ___ arua for ___ duration

Killing that type of enemy will add to the duration but not exceed ___ duration. 

Enemies within the aura radius will deal 25% less damage.

Dust - Stays the same.

Entangled - Increased range from 10 to 20/25 meters

Thorns - reflects 50% of damage back while granting titania and companion(50% Damage reduction) this is the only aura that should be affected by mods and only power strength but not to exceed 90%.

Fullmoon - enemies killed have a 50% chance to drop extra loot 100% chance to drop a health orb and a 25% chance to drop an energy orb.

Tribute 

Is fine as is but you could add a the ability to shoot into it to increase its explosion damage.

Razorwing

Reduce the channeling cost from 5 to 2.5

Update the functionality to plains Archwing so we can interact with things, have our companions, have us count as being airborne, and increase the base movement speed by 100% to put us on par with parkour.

Killing floating enemies will spawn razorflies up to a maximum  of ___. 

Also not necessarily needed but would help greatly. 

Increase the ammo capacity on pixia from 60 to like 100.

Diwata's stats 

It's a heavy "exaulted weapon" it should I'm have the best stats ingame minus attack speed. 

Crit chance from 20 to 35

Crit damage from 2.0 to 2.5

Status from 10 to 30

Although it would make more sense for a heavy blade made of razors literal razor to be slash based this wouldn't really be too much of a concern. 

I think this would make her far more usable without needing to reallocate stats the synergys would actually be there the support and survival would actually become a thing and with tribute as a channeled ability that can sustain itself and protect her it opens the possibly of not necessarily having to play with only 1 build.

On 2018-11-28 at 7:24 PM, Voltage said:

Damage reflection has been underwhelming since the beginning, and this is clearly apparent in the Focus ability to reflect damage.

I understand that Titania wouldn't receive 3 new abilities, but I still only see a use in Razorwing and the parkour passive.

Also, would it be a stretch to allow Aviator and Agility Drift to function in Razorwing? A small niche like that would be quite interesting to use.

This! All of this!

21 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Let's do a thorough overview here:

--- NYX ---

Mind Control
Sounds interesting. I like how the optimal useage also (I presume?) works as an antitrolling behaviour, because the target will likely die after the duration, with all that damage you likely will put into it. However, I'm not entirely sure if that damage-ratio is all that great. If it turns out to be weak, then I'd propose that its damage-boost directly was based on the damage you dealt. For example, a quarter of the damage you deal is now added to its DPS. So if you deal 10k damage to it in that 4 second window, it will now have its DPS increase by 2,5k. Just a thought.

Psychic Bolts
Sounds like a decent start, but I'd like to keep its raw damage too, so it can keep its niche useage on lower level stuff too. Also, while it's neat that it lowers defenses, defenses are something that often can be ignored or stripped away. So, how about this; When attacking non-protected enemies (i.e. when shields are gone, or armor is completely stripped, or the enemy HAS no defense like on Infested), it functions as a plain damage-boost. Particularly for the Infested that'd be much better, because the slowdown kinda works AGAINST Chaos, as you want them to run up and fight each other asap.

Absorb
Would be nice to give it an active component, even when unaugmented. Like, allow us to cast her other abilities. Maybe let us use SOME of the absorbed damage to shoot out psychic energy on enemies you aim at (like a beam or whatever). Another neat thing would be to, if holdcasting Mind Control while in Absorb/Assimilate, to let us MANUALLY control the Mind Control-target!

Also, I hope the new passive is disabled during Absorb/Assimilate?

--- TITANIA ---

Spellbind
I feel this ability could also get a small look at. Mainly something that gives her better kit-synergy. Things like:

• Can be cast near loot or Tribute-souls, causing her to pick them up from a distance! (PERFECT synergy with Razorwing)
  • Spellbound enemies float in towards any Lantern-area
  • Holdcast to cast the ability centerred on herself. To cast this ability on herself (for the status immunity and to get a stack of Razorwing Blitz) is impossible if you are in midair... and you know, she is often in Razorwing?

Tribute
Overall, I really like the massive toning down of spam-need here. Thanks for that! As for the effects;

• Dust - Is fine, yes.
  • Thorns - Even if it was 500%, it'd still be useless, sadly. Reflection damage only works when damage is more equal between enemies and players, which is CERTAINLY not the case in Warframe. Like, not even close. If it did something else on TOP, like, the damage reflected is also damage NOT TAKEN for the Warframe, then it'd be rather nice (even if the Reflection-damage is sti
  • Entangle - 25% is nice... but not at 10 meters when Titania is usually up in the sky, far more than 10 meters from the enemies. If it had vastly increased range (like 35 meters, more akin to the othe auras), even if the slowdown was toned down to, say, 20%, I'd like it A LOT more.
  • Full Moon - This is nice, especially buffing Razorflies... well, if Razorflies damage was relevant that is (more to that later). Buffing it to 35 meters aura range would be nice too, and would feel more consistent with Dust and Thorns.

About Tribute in general, I think it could also get some more interesting facets to it. Like:

• Picking up a soul regenerates X% of the Energy spent on casting Tribute. This could greatly alleviate (or even sustain, depending on the values?) the energy-problems for her Razorwing-useage!
  • Maybe make it a one-handed cast?
  • The damage-reduction effect on the direct cast, maybe that could scale with Ability Strength (up to a cap ofc)?

Lantern
Multicast? Tether?!OH YES! Can't wait to try that out! I can still see some more QoL and synergies for it though:

• Damage dealt to the target is now stored 'til the end (like how it works on Nyx's Mind Control targets)
  • The razorfly damage radius increased to 6 meters (from 2.5 meters). It's so tiny right now that it's basicly pointless, sadly
  • Allow it to be cast on enemies affected by Spellbind, please?
  • I mentioned it could maybe attract enemies affected by Spellbind, but maybe slowly drag in loot too? With the suggestion of letting Spellbind pick up loot and Tribute-souls from afar, Lantern would make a lovely gathering-point for that purpose.
  • Augment: Please, let it increase ALL damage sources, not just MELEE! It's a REALLY limitted augment as it is.

Razorwing
Innate Vacuum sounds REALLY good (although... Universal Vacuum could've solved this and a lot more too *cough cough* hehe), and really looking forward to that. But it still has a bunch of crippling issues and such:

• Razorflies' damage right now is really lackluster. How about it scaling with her Diwata modding? Base damage of the Razorflies would VERY likely need to be toned down for that though. This would give the new Full Moon extra usefulness, for certain.
  • Maybe Razorflies both contribute to and benefit from the melee combo counter? Might be pointless in Melee 3.0, but worth a thought.
  • Killed Razorflies could maybe respawn one by one after a little moment of Titania not getting hurt (natural synergy with her CC+evasion-kit!), affected by Ability Duration (more duration = faster respawn)
  • Press reload (default R) for Titania to order her Razorflies to attack a specific target, maybe? More control is always nice.
  • Ability Range now affects Razorflies' travelling speed, maybe?
  • It would be SO NICE if Titania could revive allies and interact with objects and such (like elevator buttons, life support etc, all except maybe hacking?) while in Razorwing. I understand this might be a tehcnical programming issue (with the whole "AW-rigging" and whatnot)
  • Maybe let Titania jump out with the Operator (i.e. use Transference) while in Razorwing?

OVERALL

For both Nyx and Titania, all the proposed dev-suggestions are overall babysteps in the right direction (although Titania's Thorns still need a more thorough lookover - Its effect just doesn't fit the game's scaling whatsoever). It's all good, but in my opinion they still need a whole lot more for that "perfected polish" (which I felt has so far only been given to Nezha - THAT was a well done and thorough rework!).

Reqouted to re-iterate, but I also remembered a few other things that could do wonders:

TITANIA:

General stuff

• Aviator and Agility Drift, can they PLEASE function in Razorwing? It's honestly NOT overpowered
  • Her cast times, in general, could maybe be sped up a tad? Please?

Tribute

• Full Moon - Since not everyone uses their Companion-of-choice for offense, but most likely more for their utility, making Full Moon also boost the companions' DEFENSES (like with a 50% DR?) could make it more appealing I guess?
  • Thorns - If you want it to... well, KINDA fit in her kit (if you ignore the numbers being weak), if it triggered the "reflect" upon an enemy INITIATING their attack, rather than when it lands, it'd fit better with her evasive kit.
  • In general: What if picking up a soul healed Titania, companions and allies in the vincinity? That could, at the very least, be a semi-decent augment (call it "Altar"?), if nothing else. That, and/or reviving a dead Razorfly, if one is missing.

Razorwing

• How about letting it transform your companion into a little fairy orb (think Navi from Zelda: Ocarina of Time), which disables its melee attacks and possibly all melee-esque abilities (or maybe turn of attacks in general?)

Passive

• How about something that fits both when in and out of Razorwing? A wilder and more elaborate idea I had was that she had the 6 Razorflies orbitting her at all times, but they have the following restrictions:
    • When not in Razorwing, they ONLY act as damage-interceptors (functioning similar to Revenant's Mesmer Skin). They do NOT attack anything or anyone.
    • When in Razorwing, press your reloadbutton (R by default) to toggle the Razorflies between "offense" and "defense". Offense-mode would make them behave just like how they act right now, attacking and dstracting enemies (which generally would be more offensively potent, as per my quote above), while defense-mode would make them act the same as when not in Razorwing; they simply just fly near you and intercept attacks for you.
    • Cannot be restored via casting Razorwing anymore, they are restored only via picking up Tribute-souls.
    • Max amount of Razorflies is always capped at 6.

EDIT: LOL, I JUST saw that someone above suggested a similar passive! Great minds think alike I guess? xD

Archived