Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Here is my updated feedback of Nyx and Titania RE-VISIT (not rework) 

Nyx:

Passive: Make it 50% chance.

1st ability:

·       Since it’s all about controlling the enemy It should do more than just fight for you. The controlled enemy can hack alarms off for you and if they are traps it should be able to disarm them. (or add it to the 3rd ability)

·       Make it to where you can either make it stay in one spot or follow you.

·       (augment) deactivating the ability will kill the enemy which will spread to other enemies in close range, attacking each other for half the duration.

2nd ability:

·       Make it debuff all eximus units.

·       Make there be an indicator showing that the affected enemies have the debuff.

·       Make it hit multiple targets instead of one.

·       (synergy) Using it on the 1st ability can buff its survivability and receive a speed buff.

·       Make it to where you either use it on the same enemy to debuff it more OR it can`t be used on the same enemy so it will target enemies that`s not affected by it.

3rd ability:

·       Just to make it more useful you can make them do the idea I put on the 1st ability bulletpoint. To add to this, they could also make them fight enemies, run away in fear and lay on the ground brain dead. (there will be a percentage of each of them preforming those actions)

4th ability:

·       Make sure the passive deactivates when using the 4th ability.

·       Make it move at the same speed as jogging.

·       It pulls aggro from enemies and are hermitized into moving closer to nyx in a 50m radius.

·       You can use weapons inside it to add status effects to the absorption damage, but you can`t shoot enemies through it, adding status effects will also includes melee weapons. 

·       Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance. Enemies in close damage range will take damage and enemies outside that will receive a knockdown and the status affects from weapons.

·       (Synergy) You can cast other abilities while using 4th ability.

·       (Synergy) If you use the 2nd ability, when deactivating the 4th ability, the debuff will spread to enemies the survive the blast.

(Me personally I would get rid of this ability and replace it with a new one)

Titania:

·       Increase all ability cast speed time.

1st ability:

·       Instead of them rag dolling, make them just hover in the air. (please make this so)

·       (augment) When adding status damage to enemies, when the affected enemy is killed, it will spread to nearby enemies.

2nd ability:

·       All ability affects when stacked up will reach up to 75% (as of now the abilities are unnoticeable and useless)

·       The range of enemies affected should be in a 50m radius.

·       Thorns – the damage reflection should be 1000+ to make it useful.

·       Full Moon – it should also increase companion’s movement speed.

·       Holding the ability should give you the option to choose what buff you want.

·       Enemies should get either a damage debuff or a health debuff.

3rd ability:

·       Each enemy affected will increase the range by 2m.

4th ability:

·       While using 4th ability, make the other ability cost half the energy.

·       Get rid of zero gravity. When you stop, she stops instead of it keep on moving, it’s very annoying. (include this in archwing)

Some of people’s comments I agree with;

Spoiler

-Icicles- You should receive Tribute buffs automatically in Razorwing or at least vacuumable. 

SSI_Seraph - Is the new psychic bolts an AOE or is it still a limited number of random targets. If it's the later it's not really as useful as it seems tbh. You either want to target high priority targets or get them in the AOE.

- are you guys still planning to change the drain calculation formula to make her able to tank longer.

Titania:

- You're still risking to underdanger yourself by going to pick the buffs on a squishy frame, the accuracy debuff gimmick is just rolling a dice on w/e you get oneshot or not on decent levels.

- the buffs are still not worth picking up tbh;

+Thorns' 25% slow and 10m radius are making this one basicly useless unless you're melee on a squishy frame.

+ The accuracy debuff is just a bad RNG based survivability tool.

+ reflects are absolutely worthless without a heavy multiplier tied to them, this is why you're reworking nyx's mind control after all.

+ Companions damage output isn't really that high to be worth buffing and the bad AI still makes them easy targets in the beasts' case.

- Her animations are super slow.

Anthraxicus - Allow Mind Control to dictate the behavior of the controlled enemy, allowing us to choose a more passive stance, forcing the AI to stay with us (eg.: Ancient Healer), or more aggressive stance. 

Ijmadruga - With regards to Nyx, I’d like to see the damage multiplier be applied to targets affected by chaos while MC and Chaos are active so that they take increased damage from all sources. Combined with PB and Absorb, it makes for terrific synergy between the two abilities.

MrTitan123 - 1. Mind control targets, even with upgraded pathing and A.I, are not very smart. With enemies everywhere, it’s unlikely that enemies will target the MC victim instead of anything else. Considering that they will have new “follow the player” behavior, that paints an even bigger bullseye on your back. I suggest making her target run around and attack, and even force aggro if it is a “strong” unit like an eximus unit. So, have it run around on its own in combat, and then follow nyx outside of it, so you have an opportunity to work from outside the line of fire.

2. You might want to put a bigger damage multiplier. 1.5x damage ain’t gonna cut it for long. Enemies have armor along with increased damage the higher the level goes, but when that damage from enemies is pit against itself, nothing really happens. I know the new debuff is going to decrease armor and shields, and that’s great and all, but if your minion can’t kill the enemies it’s been turned against, then it becomes useless. I would also suggest that if you implement drawing aggro, that enemies contribute to your minion’s damage. While nyx wouldn’t be able to increase its damage anymore, the minion just doing its job would.

Or, to put that all simply:

Minion gets mind controlled -> Minion attacks things -> Minion draws attention -> Minion takes more damage -> Minion damage increases -> Minion kills everything -> Duration ends and minion dies because of the massive amount of damage it had stored -> Rinse and repeat -> Grofit

EchoesOfRain - DAMAGE REFLECTION IS BAD

Even if it was 100% damage reflection, due to how enemies scale, it would still be useless. Titania is a squishy frame, taking damage is BAD for her. If it was 50% damage reduction it would be more acceptable

Can we also address Titanias abysmal cast times and energy pool?

Equinox21697 - Nyx's mind control is a really good improvement but since we can buff our victims our selves that would make her Mindfreak mod useless, so maybe add a mod that let's us control our targets similar to spectres and get them to hold position and such? Or make that part of the ability idk.

DingusGinger - I also believe with her Absord it should Agro the enemies

NemitheNem - I do not like how psychic bolts is time limited--corrosive and shattering impact are forever after all. 

Titania needs higher base energy, but I do like the proposed changes to tribute. However, the buff should be random instead of tied to enemy types. Percentage of time left on a buff should be subtracted from the chance to get that buff in next cast. This way titania can rack up all her buffs without having to hunt down the right enemy

-Mittens- I'm honestly not impressed. You guys are limiting yourselves here by refusing to try newer abilities. I understand the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach to old ability types, but for 2 of the worst frames in the game right now... they need proper reworks.

So here's my issues with each of them:

Nyx:

1) Mind Control still relies on bad AI. Just because they stay near you does not make the ability better, nor does being able to buff them make it any better. If anything, her 1 should be a buff to allies. Like, imagine a Nyx giving her "mental strength" to allies for a duration. I'd rather have an ability to buff allies than an ability to buff an unreliable controlled enemy.

2) Psychic Bolts has promise but really strongly relies on numbers. In my opinion, at around ~185% Power Strength, it should remove armor/shields by 100%. Otherwise, nothing to note here.

3) Chaos isn't getting any changes? Even though enemies can still go out of their way to attack you??? Missed opportunity. A really big shame.

4) Absorb needs to be scrapped entirely. Either that, or have Assimilate built-in and have the augment do something else. I think you should have something like the Moa precept that has an AOE that slows enemy bullets and such, and still offer her a good way to tank like Assimilate provides. Also this doesn't solve the issue of teammates griefing you and deleting all your energy with 2 Tigris shots. 😕 

Passive) This could be good... if enemy accuracy didn't scale with level, and scale over 100%. I would think more about this one tbh.

Titania:

1) No Spellbind changes..? Sure I guess. Maybe increase the cast speed?

2) Tribute is just... awful. There's nothing you can salvage here. Much like Nyx, it should just be a straight buff to your allies... only in this context, it should be ONE really good buff, not FOUR bad buffs. Your reliance on keeping this ability as similar as it is will ultimately kill this ability, and Titania will still be one of the worst frames. 😕

3) Lantern changes are good. Having a way to have multiple distractions for enemies, and a way to explode the lanterns is a really solid buff. I just hope the explosions deal good damage.

4) ...No Razorwing changes? As happy as I am that you guys are finally giving her vacuum in her razorwing, that doesn't just "cure" all the other issues. Much like with Nyx's proposed new passive, the evasion that's built-in does not work for enemies after a high enough level. Enemy accuracy can scale over 100%. Razorwing also needs a damage boost for the butterflies as well. Then there's the issue of needing to forma TWO weapons for one frame. Titania is the most forma-expensive frame in the game, because you not only have to forma her, you have to forma her weapons too since **Forma for SOME reason doesn't let you polarize the frame AND their exalted weapons.** That's more a general complaint for exalted frames, but for her it's twofold.

Passive) I mean... it works? It does what it needs to do, so I can't really complain.

Overall:

I'm incredibly disappointed by what you've presented to us. I think you guys should slow down, and think more on the frames themselves and give them proper reworks with newer functioning abilities and not just rehashing what's already broken. I don't mean to be vile, but we've waited a long time for these reworks, may as well make them the best they can be yes? 

Naneel - Titania needs a lot more love than this. I love her theme I would really like to play her more but she does feel clunky and slow. So here are my suggestions for her : 

Increase her casting speed

give her more Energy

1st Ability : hang the enemies in the air so they don't float away all the time (much like the old Zenurik skill did)

2nd Ability : the buffs should all have the same range and duration, so its easier to maintain them, focus more on the innate debuff and add the auras as a bonus ; the buffs itself need a look at, but enough players wrote what is wrong with them so I won't repeat it here :

make a large AOE around Titania (sending out a swarm of Razorflies)  

every enemy hit will deal less damage for a short period (currently 25% less for 12sec, which is okay; maybe make the duration longer the more enemies you hit, like Rhinos 4th Ability)

every enemy hit will be damaged (either the current damage or a slash proc from the Razorflies would be nice)

every enemy hit will have its soul extracted , the Razorflies will bring them back to Titania, so she can easily collect buffs

3rd Ability : 4 Lanterns sound nice and if they are teathered to the ground will be nice to use

Qamelion - Guys, just calm down please. This is a common strategy from DE.

The only reason why Nyx and Titania get some changes is because their deluxe packages coming out in the next weeks and DE wants to ensure that the sales are high.

Same story with Vauban deluxe, or Mirage prime, Limbo prime and so on.

I don't know why DE is doing this kind of strategy but it seems to work for them.

Chroma Prime didn't got any changes because he is highly requested for Eidolon hunts. Mesa Prime also won't get any changes.

Also: The tweaks for Titania and Nyx are not from Boss Pablo himself.

So.. don't expect any awesome changes or that DE will take much of your feedback in consideration.

Titania currently needs to be as far away from enemies as possible. Keeping that in mind -

Titania issues:

Passive: I'm sure you're already aware by now, but RNG defense is not defense. See all previous posts about getting one-shotted.

Spellbind: Status immunity should affect her no matter how far away she is from the cast area.

Tribute: As others have already mentioned, the buffs are mostly bad. Other than that, the buffs should also affect her no matter how far away she is from the cast area. Trying to collect them gets her dead.

Lantern: This ability has so many AI issues. As in everything including her own butterflies attack the lanterns. Pets and invasion allies and specters also do. Please have her create her OWN lanterns. At high levels enemies don't even look at her and she dies. She needs to be able to place lanterns before enemies walk through the door. Also, it can be cast more times but she doesn't have the energy to support it.

Razorwing: Base move speed is still too slow. Don't mention the bandaid mod please. Razorflies need to respawn.

41 minutes ago, Wolfchild07 said:

Also, it can be cast more times but she doesn't have the energy to support it.

This is a sentiment I keep seeing over and over and over and over again.  "Her abilities are really expensive."

Does Titania's base energy pool need a look-over?  Do we need some other avenues for efficiency mods?  Does Baro Ki'teer need to just suck it up and bust out his backroom stock of Primed Flows?  Because 425 energy and 175% efficiency has always been plenty for me when playing Titania, even with having to near-bonk the floor for energy, and I SPAM her kit.

It is a bit scary in the Vallis when energy pickups are about as easy to find as Fat Man ammo in Fallout, and maybe it's also an issue solo, but in most target-rich missions it's never a problem for me.

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't object to an energy pool buff so long as it doesn't jank up the rest of her kit in exchange

9 hours ago, GideonWilhelm said:

Next, Dust, the buff generated by ranged enemies:

BEFORE

Reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters by 50%.

AFTER

Enemies within 30 meters are blinded.  After the initial blind trigger, the 'stun' animation will no longer occur until the enemy leaves the aura and returns to it.

This will have largely the same effect of reducing accuracy... however, it has the added benefit of briefly stunning enemies on application to allow Titania a small amount of breathing room, and it also opens them up to finishers.  While this might not be too horribly impressive in pixie form, it can add to team synergy.  The only problem with this is that it is ripe for abuse with finisher-centric builds, so perhaps only a temporary blind?  I can't say I know for sure.

I love all the other suggestions (especially the Full Moon buff; that actually makes a whole lot of sense; though you may need to alter Razorfly behavior/aggro to keep them from becoming too OP), but your Dust proposal seems a bit too much Savage Silence Banshee, if you get my meaning. Besides, Dust does have the potential to be a fantastic team buff if DE alteres the way Dust applies its intended feature.

Dust is of limited use because of enemy accuracy/RoF scaling, and it is totally negated by homing weaponry (hello Billy Bombard). Dust's 50% enemy accuracy debuff is completely negated around enemy level 80. I can't describe to you how great of a disappointment this is. Dust has the potential to be one of the BEST, if not THE BEST late game team defensive solution, but it is utterly defeated by late game enemy scaling.

The Tankiest of the Tanks get rekt by enemy damage scaling, and the only way to counteract the damage scaling, is to not take damage in any form.

Total damage negation; no fine print in the footer. It's what makes Volt's shields mandatory for endless play. And Dust could be just as valuable, if it only negated damage independent of enemy level. Which is why I think the algorithm needs to be changed from "reduces enemy accuracy" to "negates damage received".

Let's say that Titania is actively under fire with a max 50% Dust buff; though rather than reducing enemy accuracy by 50%, Dust instead tallies strikes on Titania's hitbox; 50% of these tallied strikes have their damage negated.

With this adjustment, Dust's 50% "Evasion bonus" is applied universally; completely independent of enemy level. Ergo, Dust is just as viable at enemy level 15 as it is at enemy level 4000.

Dust's evasion bonus should also be applied additively to Razorwing's Evasion Bonus for balancing issues; this way enemy projectiles have to get passed two separate 50% damage negation tallies in order to register a hit. This prevents Titania from ever achieving 100% Evasion, and it diverts from the practical nullification of either evasion bonus that would occur from implementing a multiplicative model.

Yes, I've heard the "Say no to RNG buffs" argument before, I've heard the whole "50% chance to get totally rekt" track, but the fact is that in endless: a 50% chance of avoiding damage translates into a 50% increased chance of not getting 1-shotted. And Dust can apply that to the whole team.

That is a sizable buff to the party's longevity, and I can whole heartedly advocate for that kind of an increase.

And seeing as we're all cut-&-pasting from our own "Titania Revisited" threads, I'll just dump my own pile here:

1st: Spellbind-

After having read some suggestions in this DEVworkshop, I think it would be fair to improve the cast speed AND give Titania the status immunity buff independent of Spellbind's AoE. Even if Titania is positioned a mile away from the targeted area (say, because she's flying about in in the air), she should still benefit from Spellbind's full effects.

3rd: Lantern-

Say we adopt a tether, because that seems to be what DE is proposing (which is exactly what we've been asking for). Number of Lanterns is of no concern to me, but let's suggest that we only get  a maximum of 1 Lantern. Now I want to propose an ability Synergy for Lantern. Spellbind; enemies in a ragdoll state (I.E. affected by Spellbind) that are also within Lantern's attraction perimeter gravitate towards Lantern's core (I.E. the hapless schmuck Titania turned into a lure); upon death, Spellbound enemies release a radial Spellbind, re-applying the effect for its remaining duration (Similar to Equinox's Calm & Frenzy Aug). This will allow Titania to "control and contain" Spellbind's hovering ragdoll effect, while improving Lantern's ability at clustering enemies together into a central location.

As for detonating the Lantern? I've got 2 suggestions to mull over.

What if Lantern's damage scaled off of damage dealt to enemies effected by its attraction radius? Similar to the "Damage Absorb" mechanics utilized by Mag's Magnetize, just with a deliberately longer fuse and the innate ability to manually detonate the Lantern.

Alternatively, the Lantern itself could aggro enemies into attacking it. Damage dealt to the Lantern could be dispersed between the Lantern's DoT & its Detonation, starting out at a 10% Absorbed Damage to DoT/90% Absorbed Damage to Detonation, gradually shifting to a maximum of 90% Absorbed Damage to DoT/ 10% Absorbed Damge to Detonation; the transfer ratio of which would be determined by Lantern's maximum duration and its current decay. This would allow you to quickly charge up a nuke by shooting the Lantern yourself and then manually detonating it while the majority of the Absorbed Damage was being redirected into Detonation; or you could go for the slow burn and allow the redirection to gradually shift the absorbed damage into the Lantern's DoT, so that it would generate a deathzone at the later stages of Lantern's duration-decay.

If either of these mechanics were implemented, then we definitely wouldn't need a silly charge up-casting mechanic to make a decent bomb out of Lantern.

4th: Razorwing-

Apart from providing us with a mechanic that allows Titania to repopulate Razorflies on the wing, all I really want is some QoL changes. Namely the ability to interact with consoles, revive teammates, pickup fuel cells/kuva catalysts, capture fallen Capture Targets... you know, basically everything we can already do in Archwing?

Other than that, I'd press for copying Venari's Exalted Companion mechanic for Razorflies, and making them an independent companion that can have its base stats altered by companion mods (Yeah, I know; more Forma fodder on a Warframe that already has 2 Exalted Weapons in need of additional Formas; I'd still make the investment if it meant improving the Razorflies's overall utility). Given how Moas have expanded on the ways companions can be modded (proximity based Shield Charger/Medi-Ray on a companion that doesn't track your Warfarme like a shadow), I'd suggesting copying some lines from their AI programming to make this alteration feasible.

Increasing Titania's base energy pool to 150 would be another change I'd press for. Given how often she has to cast in order to keep her survivability in a practical state, having a larger energy pool could relieve some of the energy maintenance pressure. Making her other 3 abilities cheaper to cast while in Razorwing (say abilities cost 33% less energy to cast/have Faster Casting Speed while Razorwing is active) would also relieve some serious casting restraints imposed on a channeling ability Warframe that can't utilize Rage/Hunter Adrenaline because of its sub-par EHP.

As for the evasion bonus? Razorwing keeps that. Consider it some MUCH needed compensation for forfeiting the ability to dodge roll and constantly being exposed to enemy fire from all sides (including below; oh the nuances of aviation combat!).

Of course, I'd want to make her passive apply in Razorwing as well, but don't expect a grand departure from what it already does:

Passive: Trampoline-

While in Razorwing, sprinting from a standstill generates a trampoline that grants a brief (but fairly significant) boost to Titania's movement speed. Ergo, anytime Razorwing Titania begins to accelerate towards her maximum velocity, she gains a temporary boost to movement speed, and leaves a trampoline behind for teammates to utilize. To improve trampoline's relevance to teammates, the parkour buff is now administered via a temporary status effect, rather than its current proximity based effect; that way, teammates passing through a high altitude Trampoline can still benefit from the parkour buff upon reacquainting themselves with the ground. This alteration to how Trampoline's buff is administered is applied to Trampolines generated by both Razorwing and non-Razorwing Trampolines.

On 2018-11-28 at 11:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

AFTER:
Razorwing will simply receive a Vacuum to make acquiring loot, energy, etc easier. Remember - less of a hassle!

I'd just like to start off by saying I recently bought the Silver Grove collection just for the Pox (because it was mastery rank locked otherwise) and that I very seldom use Titania except for very specific movement challenges. I'd also like to say that it's very unlikely that this change will really inspire me to use her more.

Now, in regards to things being made..."less of a hassle"...

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Vexx757:

1st ability:

·       Since it’s all about controlling the enemy It should do more than just fight for you. The controlled enemy can hack alarms off for you and if they are traps it should be able to disarm them. (or add it to the 3rd ability)

·       Make it to where you can either make it stay in one spot or follow you.

·       (augment) deactivating the ability will kill the enemy which will spread to other enemies in close range, attacking each other for half the duration.

I like where your idea goes. To be able to command stay or follow would be really nice, I am not sure what traps you mean, hacking alarms would be nice, but i guess this is out of question, as it requires interaction. What i would like to see is a really high threat level, so it actually takes fire from you. And if it isn't to OP make MC a toggled Ability to enhance your target for better Offence or Defence.

For the Augmanet, how about a mini-Absorb. The Target enters Absorb for a set duration and explodes at the end with damage and a guaranteed knockdown.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Vexx757:

2nd ability:

·       Make it debuff all eximus units.

·       Make there be an indicator showing that the affected enemies have the debuff.

·       Make it hit multiple targets instead of one.

·       (synergy) Using it on the 1st ability can buff its survivability and receive a speed buff.

·       Make it to where you either use it on the same enemy to debuff it more OR it can`t be used on the same enemy so it will target enemies that`s not affected by it.

Debuff on Eximus sounds good. They didn't announce how enemies will be tareted, but i hope for either an AOE or more then 6 bolts, if it stays the same as now.

For Chaos : It works fine and I guess every bonus would be to OP, but if not, make her 2nd Skill (Debuff) part of Chaos.

Absorb : I like the idea of Absorb, but as Warframe currently functions I don't see how this skill can work efficiently. Either make her Augment innate oder give her a new skill (which I would prefer, as I am not a hughe fan of God-Mode).

Idea for a new skill, I am not sure if it is good enough for a 4th skill, but it sounds to good for 2nd Ability (if the Debuff is put into Chaos) :

What I always missed on her, is an Ability to be seen as one of the enemies by the enemies. She would not be invisible, but she would count as one of them. For me this would perfectly fit her theme as Mind-Controller. I would make it an Aura, which costs for every Enemie inside its Range (which should be 25m at least). Technically it could be handeld as invisibility without making her invisible. The effect will not be broken by skills, but by (non-silent) gunfire. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

As for detonating the Lantern? I've got 2 suggestions to mull over.

What if Lantern's damage scaled off of damage dealt to enemies effected by its attraction radius? Similar to the "Damage Absorb" mechanics utilized by Mag's Magnetize, just with a deliberately longer fuse and the innate ability to manually detonate the Lantern.

Alternatively, the Lantern itself could aggro enemies into attacking it. Damage dealt to the Lantern could be dispersed between the Lantern's DoT & its Detonation, starting out at a 10% Absorbed Damage to DoT/90% Absorbed Damage to Detonation, gradually shifting to a maximum of 90% Absorbed Damage to DoT/ 10% Absorbed Damge to Detonation; the transfer ratio of which would be determined by Lantern's maximum duration and its current decay. This would allow you to quickly charge up a nuke by shooting the Lantern yourself and then manually detonating it while the majority of the Absorbed Damage was being redirected into Detonation; or you could go for the slow burn and allow the redirection to gradually shift the absorbed damage into the Lantern's DoT, so that it would generate a deathzone at the later stages of Lantern's duration-decay.

If either of these mechanics were implemented, then we definitely wouldn't need a silly charge up-casting mechanic to make a decent bomb out of Lantern.

I love your other ideas, but this seems like it'd be a little too much overlap with other warframes.  I think the 'gravitate spellbound enemies' and 'exploding on spellbound enemies causes radial spellbind' are plenty good, and would make Titania a crowd control monster.  Adding even more damage on top of that would very likely lead to some follow-up nerfs.

The razorwings getting a Venari treatment would probably be welcomed as well, in my opinion... though equipping vacuum on them would lead to quite a mess.

I have some additional ideas for Nyx. This will be more of a rework then some tweaks and I would really appreciate some constructive critque. All Number are subject to change, but I will give them so you know where I am heading.

Passive : I like the idea for Accuracy Debuff.

1st Ability Mind Control : will mostly stay the same, just some tweaks :

• cast anew onto the target to refresh the duration without losing your target

• hold to releaase the target, stored damage will be dealt

• targets count as friendly (mostly relevant for defense and Interception)

• targets can capture and contest points (Interception)

• pressing X near them to let them follow you or stay (following would be standard)

• targets get a high thread level to actually take fire from Nyx

I am not a hughe fan of the enhance mechanic, as it makes no sense to enhance someone by shooting them. So I would give them a defense boost on cast (Maybe give them Nyx passive). You can enhance them with the 2nd Ability.

Augment Absorb : As you cast MC on a target it will enter the Absorb mode and run towards enemies. After a set Duration (5s) it will explode dealing all stored damage to every enemy in Range (10m) and a guaranteed Knockdown. For a more offensive use of MC.

2nd Ability Psychic Bolts : no debuff here as it will be put into Chaos

• send a volley 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (scales with Duration, max. 12) Bolts onto your enemies, each seeking a nearby target ( if there are fewer targets then Bolts one can be hit by multiple Bolts)

• each Bolt deals 60/120/180/200 + 1%/1.5%/1.7%/2% (%-reference from Hydroids 3rd Ability) of the targets max. HP as Slash damage with a 10% status chance, the Bleed DoT will be unchanged

• if you fire your Bolts onto your MC target, all Bolts will hit it and enhance his damage by 50% (scales with strength, max. 100%) per Bolt hit, as you overload him with Psychic Energy (I am tempted to give it either a set Duration or to reduce the remaining Duration of MC or simply kill the target after some time without being able to refresh the duration, as the damage buff could be a bit high, but this needs testing)

If it is more convenient cast to fire and hold to enhance your MC target.

What I always missed on her, is an Ability to be seen as one of the enemies by the enemies. She would not be invisible, but she would count as one of them. For me this would perfectly fit her theme as Mind-Controller. So this will be her new 3rd Ability. There are 2 ways to approach this, but I am not sure if a) is doable.

3rd Ability

a) Ignorantia : Nyx will dramatically lower her threat and detection level, so enemies will mostly ignore her if she does not come to close (5m).

b) Impersonation : Nyx will be percived as an ally by enemies. Technically she would be invisible without optically be it.

• Nyx emits an aura with a radius of 50/40/30/25 meters. It will remain active indefinitely until deactivated by running out of energy, or by pressing the ability key again (default 3).

• It will cost 1.5 / 1.25 / 1 / 0.5 (reference from Equinox 3rd Ability) Energy per enemy inside the Range

• Nyx can move normally

• Abilities won't break the effect, (non-silent) gunfire will

Augment : She will share the effects with her allies in Range (5-10m)

4th Ability Chaos : This will be mostly the same as the current Chaos with some tweaks and Boni :

• every enemy hit will lose defenses depending on his faction (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed, infested will be slowed)

As it is now her Ultimate you should be able to reduce the defences about 100% (scales with Strength) the infested could lose max. Health instead of being slowed (max. 50%)

pls dont remove rad proc on her 2nd ability, Also limbo fks her mind control. controlled units get stuck in the rift.. making nyx even more useless.

oh and please release a PRIMED streamline already. its perfect for the vanilla frames arcane helm. TY for all ur hard work. pls dont mess this rework up.

On 2018-12-03 at 7:59 PM, GideonWilhelm said:

This is a sentiment I keep seeing over and over and over and over again.  "Her abilities are really expensive."

Does Titania's base energy pool need a look-over?  Do we need some other avenues for efficiency mods?  Does Baro Ki'teer need to just suck it up and bust out his backroom stock of Primed Flows?  Because 425 energy and 175% efficiency has always been plenty for me when playing Titania, even with having to near-bonk the floor for energy, and I SPAM her kit.

It is a bit scary in the Vallis when energy pickups are about as easy to find as Fat Man ammo in Fallout, and maybe it's also an issue solo, but in most target-rich missions it's never a problem for me.

That said, I sure as hell wouldn't object to an energy pool buff so long as it doesn't jank up the rest of her kit in exchange

Yea, the energy pool needs a look-over.  Blitz roughly doubles her energy consumption and when I don't run that 175% efficiency I find my perma-Hysteria Blind Rage Valkyr far more manageable in Energy than my Titania.

It's also why I feel antagonistic at the unwarranted praise towards Razorwing Vacuum.  Yay you can suck up all the energy orbs.  Oops.  Was that the energy orb I wanted to save for when my energy was down 200 energy for Arcane Energize?  Yes, yes it was.

31 minutes ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

It's also why I feel antagonistic at the unwarranted praise towards Razorwing Vacuum.  Yay you can suck up all the energy orbs.  Oops.  Was that the energy orb I wanted to save for when my energy was down 200 energy for Arcane Energize?  Yes, yes it was. 

Wow. 1st world problems if I've ever heard them.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Wow. 1st world problems if I've ever heard them.

Well TBH it's a problem I first noticed when running Zenurik and having a Sentinel with Vacuum equipped.  Top off your energy pool with Zenurik, good to go right? Accidentally bump open that crate that usually carries two energy orbs equaling 40 seconds of flight time with 175% efficiency right before you enter Razorwing?  Sentinel will happily suck up both Energy orbs, thus definitively wasting precisely 35 seconds of flight time (factored in Razorwing's base energy cost).

6 hours ago, Naneel said:

I have some additional ideas for Nyx. This will be more of a rework then some tweaks and I would really appreciate some constructive critque. All Number are subject to change, but I will give them so you know where I am heading.

Passive : I like the idea for Accuracy Debuff.

1st Ability Mind Control : will mostly stay the same, just some tweaks :

• cast anew onto the target to refresh the duration without losing your target

• hold to releaase the target, stored damage will be dealt

• targets count as friendly (mostly relevant for defense and Interception)

• targets can capture and contest points (Interception)

• pressing X near them to let them follow you or stay (following would be standard)

• targets get a high thread level to actually take fire from Nyx

I am not a hughe fan of the enhance mechanic, as it makes no sense to enhance someone by shooting them. So I would give them a defense boost on cast (Maybe give them Nyx passive). You can enhance them with the 2nd Ability.

Augment Absorb : As you cast MC on a target it will enter the Absorb mode and run towards enemies. After a set Duration (5s) it will explode dealing all stored damage to every enemy in Range (10m) and a guaranteed Knockdown. For a more offensive use of MC.

2nd Ability Psychic Bolts : no debuff here as it will be put into Chaos

• send a volley 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 (scales with Duration, max. 12) Bolts onto your enemies, each seeking a nearby target ( if there are fewer targets then Bolts one can be hit by multiple Bolts)

• each Bolt deals 60/120/180/200 + 1%/1.5%/1.7%/2% (%-reference from Hydroids 3rd Ability) of the targets max. HP as Slash damage with a 10% status chance, the Bleed DoT will be unchanged

• if you fire your Bolts onto your MC target, all Bolts will hit it and enhance his damage by 50% (scales with strength, max. 100%) per Bolt hit, as you overload him with Psychic Energy (I am tempted to give it either a set Duration or to reduce the remaining Duration of MC or simply kill the target after some time without being able to refresh the duration, as the damage buff could be a bit high, but this needs testing)

If it is more convenient cast to fire and hold to enhance your MC target.

What I always missed on her, is an Ability to be seen as one of the enemies by the enemies. She would not be invisible, but she would count as one of them. For me this would perfectly fit her theme as Mind-Controller. So this will be her new 3rd Ability. There are 2 ways to approach this, but I am not sure if a) is doable.

3rd Ability

a) Ignorantia : Nyx will dramatically lower her threat and detection level, so enemies will mostly ignore her if she does not come to close (5m).

b) Impersonation : Nyx will be percived as an ally by enemies. Technically she would be invisible without optically be it.

• Nyx emits an aura with a radius of 50/40/30/25 meters. It will remain active indefinitely until deactivated by running out of energy, or by pressing the ability key again (default 3).

• It will cost 1.5 / 1.25 / 1 / 0.5 (reference from Equinox 3rd Ability) Energy per enemy inside the Range

• Nyx can move normally

• Abilities won't break the effect, (non-silent) gunfire will

Augment : She will share the effects with her allies in Range (5-10m)

4th Ability Chaos : This will be mostly the same as the current Chaos with some tweaks and Boni :

• every enemy hit will lose defenses depending on his faction (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed, infested will be slowed)

As it is now her Ultimate you should be able to reduce the defences about 100% (scales with Strength) the infested could lose max. Health instead of being slowed (max. 50%)

Mmm, I don't really like some of these for Nyx. A better name for your suggested 3b ability would be Projection or Psionic Projection. But I get the idea of projecting an image in the mind of the enemies they perceive her as an ally. It wouldn't make sense to have both Mind Control and this ability.  As for 3a Psychic Cloak fits better with what you describe. and sounds fun but if I wanted to stealth about so to speak I'd pick Loki or Ivara

I like how Choas is now but I can agree it could use an extra kick. Idk maybe increase the duration of already afflicted debuffs Or increase damage taken from all sources.

I do like the idea for Bolts. I will miss its rad proc. But if they can manage to work out the mechanics and application for the Bolts Debuff, I think it will be a good skill.

I have an idea for her Absorb which will make it work somewhat like Octavia's Mallet but with slower movement.

Ability 4 Psionic Embodiment:

Nyx levitates herself into the air while drawing on the strength of the all sentient minds around her pooling them together transforming her into pure mental energy.

While in this state, enemies are enticed to attack Nyx while absorbing all enemy damage hitting her. Damage absorbed is accumulated and stored. Damage is converted into Blast/Slash damage, multiplied by 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x / 3x. Ability will remain active until Nyx runs out of energy or upon deactivation. Upon deactivation, Nyx will unleash a single devastating wave of psychic energy knocking down all enemies within 10 meters. Damage can be unleashed manually by holding down the key. Doing so will send out waves of stored damage for as long as the key is held. (Or Maybe 1 wave per 10k damaged absorb)

As for the drain, I felt I that absorbs drain is fine as it is but now you have the ability to alleviate the pressure or so to speak. So that its energy consumptions doesn’t get too high during heavy damage periods. And as for movement, it will have Assimilate's movement built in.

Augment: Mental Attunement

Abilities have a 2% / 6% / 8% / 10% reduced cost and movement speed penalty reduced to 20%

The only thing I could really ask for that would make me really enjoy playing Titania, would be making her Razorwing more reminiscent of the archwing used in open-world levels. While the afterburners aren't essential, the current system when flying has this really janky bouncy kind of movement and I would just wholely appreciate the consistency when using archwing-style flight. This change would make it totally worth formaing her two weapons and herself to me. 

So, normally when I hear a frame has a major problems I go into things like Sorties, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and, as of recently, Arbitrations to test them out. Typically I find that those issues are grossly exaggerated and can be fixed with QoL updates or that the frame is just being played completely wrong.  

I tested that last night with Titania because I rarely play her compared to most frames (I switch frames almost every mission).

Ermahgerd! Her issues are as bad as people say. The most glaring issue was that the casting times were terrible. After exiting the mission I immediately went to put Natural Talent on her, only to be horrified to find it was already on her. Even trying to rely on cc in high level missions was a death trap because it takes so long to cast anything. 

Aside from that, Spellbind and Lantern are still somewhat redundant (in the exact same way that Bastille is to Vortex and Shooting Gallery is to Shatter Shield). There's hardly a reason to use one over the other in any meaningful way, given the practicality of actual gameplay, aside from the nuances of the secondary mechanics of those abilities. That may become even more noticeable with the new ability to cast Lantern on multiple targets.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

So, normally when I hear a frame has a major problems I go into things like Sorties, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and, as of recently, Arbitrations to test them out. Typically I find that those issues are grossly exaggerated and can be fixed with QoL updates or that the frame is just being played completely wrong.  

I tested that last night with Titania because I rarely play her compared to most frames (I switch frames almost every mission).

Ermahgerd! Her issues are as bad as people say. The most glaring issue was that the casting times were terrible. After exiting the mission I immediately went to put Natural Talent on her, only to be horrified to find it was already on her. Even trying to rely on cc in high level missions was a death trap because it takes so long to cast anything. 

Aside from that, Spellbind and Lantern are still somewhat redundant (in the exact same way that Bastille is to Vortex and Shooting Gallery is to Shatter Shield). There's hardly a reason to use one over the other in any meaningful way, given the practicality of actual gameplay, aside from the nuances of the secondary mechanics of those abilities. That may become even more noticeable with the new ability to cast Lantern on multiple targets.

I agree. Titania is only good for pure Razorwing gameplay, where you'd like to stay in buttefly mode 90% of the time. That is her only survival, and her only DPS ability. However, as enemies grow in level, so does their accuracy. Titanias +50% evasion will sadly not do much to save her.

I've tried CC like you and skipped Razorwing except in mobility or panic cases. It IS a death trap. She'll often be dead or have taken a lot of damage while casting her abilities. You can probably use Tribute and Spellbind for various situations while you are in Razorwing, but that'll sink your energy pretty fast. You'll need that energy more to stay in Razorwing for your own sake of survival.

10 minutes ago, Mabitude said:

I agree. Titania is only good for pure Razorwing gameplay, where you'd like to stay in buttefly mode 90% of the time. That is her only survival, and her only DPS ability. However, as enemies grow in level, so does their accuracy. Titanias +50% evasion will sadly not do much to save her.

I've tried CC like you and skipped Razorwing except in mobility or panic cases. It IS a death trap. She'll often be dead or have taken a lot of damage while casting her abilities. You can probably use Tribute and Spellbind for various situations while you are in Razorwing, but that'll sink your energy pretty fast. You'll need that energy more to stay in Razorwing for your own sake of survival.

I typically try to avoid depending on Exalted weapons except for emergency situations but with such slow casting times it was the only reliable survivability in high level. Obviously that created a unique complication in Arbitration where, like other Exalted frames, she had to leave that mode to kill Arbiter drones. That doesn't bother me. Unlike other Exalted frames that disabled her survivability with it.

I didn't comment on her Tribute only because they are fixing the major issue of how tedious it is to build up, and I didn't bother testing the effectiveness of each of those buffs in high level content so I'll just take everyone else's word on those. Lol

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I typically try to avoid depending on Exalted weapons except for emergency situations but with such slow casting times it was the only reliable survivability in high level. Obviously that created a unique complication in Arbitration where, like other Exalted frames, she had to leave that mode to kill Arbiter drones. That doesn't bother me. Unlike other Exalted frames that disabled her survivability with it.

I didn't comment on her Tribute only because they are fixing the major issue of how tedious it is to build up, and I didn't bother testing the effectiveness of each of those buffs in high level content so I'll just take everyone else's word on those. Lol

Well, as you probably know, the current problem with Tribute is how spammy it is. There are 4 different buffs. You try to get them 4 times each to get the most of it. You may already see a giant problem in this. You are required to cast Tribute up to 16 times in a relatively short period. The base energy cost for one Tribute cast is 50 energy.  That means you need to use 800 energy to gain full potiential of your Tribute buffs. With 30% efficiency, it becomes 560 energy, and with 75% efficiency it becomes 200 energy.

That is a ridiculous lot of energy. If we take the tweaks into action, the needed energy would only be 200, 140 and 50 in respective above efficiency. Which is a lot better so thats a good sign. I however think with this in mind, maybe it can help Titania to survive better

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile a Titania revisit/rework that will satisfy as close to everyone as is feasibly possible. I'd offer credit to each Tenno who contributed to the thread by quoting their suggestions, but that would likely make for one catastrophic spaghetti post, and I'm not about that life.

First thing I wanna address is gonna come across as unpopular until further into the build. Nix Vacuum on Razorwing. Why?

Because we're going to turn Razorflies into the Moa equivalent of Venari. Yup, an exalted companion that is only available to Titania when Razorwing is engaged. With the ability to mod Razorflies as we do any other companion, we can resolve a couple of glaring issues with the current build: namely, we can increase Razorfly damage output and EHP; yeah, I'm suggesting that companion mods such as Maul, Bite, & Hunter Synergy should be applied to Razorflies to improve their damage output, as well as either Beast's Link Shields/Health/Armor or Sentinel Shield/Health/Armor mods to improve their EHP. Razorflies will also be able to utilize Sentinel support mods like Vacuum, Coolant Leak, Medi-Ray, Shield Charger, etc, etc, to make up for the loss of Companion support in Razorwing form.

This will also allow the player to tailor their build to their specifications; seeing as Vacuum can adversely impact any build utilizing Arcane Energize. With the freedom to choose to utilize Vacuum or not, moddable Razorflies cover an expansive roster of community concerns.

Now onto the next question: How do we resolve the issue with Razorfly re-population? Well, as a former contributor suggested, we make Razorfly regen a part of Titania's passive, henceforth referred to as "Queen's Decree"; each fallen Razorfly has an individual timer of 90 seconds before it revives itself at Titania's current position, much like Djinn's Reawaken augment. This is another dual purpose solution, as it adds an effect to Titania's passive that is SPECIFICALLY relevant to Razorwing. Trampoline can only be utilized outside of Razorwing, while "Queen's Decree" is only of use during Razorwing (technically the countdown to revive would still be active outside of Razorwing, so if you deactivated Razorwing with 3 Razorflies on their countdowns to revive, and then reactivated Razorwing before the countdown expired, you'd still only have 3 Razorflies and you'd need to wait out the Timer for the other 3 to repopulate).

On top of that, I'm going to press for an increase to Titania's base Energy Stat. Increasing Titania's base energy pool to 150 would be a welcome change. Given how often she has to cast in order to keep her survivability in a practical state, having a larger energy pool could relieve some of the energy maintenance pressure. This would also permit for Quick Thinking builds, which could afford Titania with a fairly significant increase to her dismal EHP.

Alrighty, now onto Lantern & Spellbind, and I'm just going to directly cut these from my original post:

Spellbind:

After having read some suggestions in this DEVworkshop, I think it would be fair to improve the cast speed AND give Titania the status immunity buff independent of Spellbind's AoE. Even if Titania is positioned a mile away from the targeted area (say, because she's flying about in in the air), she should still benefit from Spellbind's full effects.

Lantern:

Say we adopt a tether, because that seems to be what DE is proposing (which is exactly what we've been asking for). Number of Lanterns is of no concern to me, but let's suggest that we only get  a maximum of 1 Lantern. Now I want to propose an ability Synergy for Lantern. Spellbind; enemies in a ragdoll state (I.E. affected by Spellbind) that are also within Lantern's attraction perimeter gravitate towards Lantern's core (I.E. the hapless schmuck Titania turned into a lure); upon death, Spellbound enemies release a radial Spellbind, re-applying the effect for its remaining duration (Similar to Equinox's Calm & Frenzy Aug). This will allow Titania to "control and contain" Spellbind's hovering ragdoll effect, while improving Lantern's ability at clustering enemies together into a central location.

This should massively improve both abilities CC capabilities with a synergy, so now Titania can actually fill the roll of a CC frame.

Now onto Tribute, and again, I'm gonna start with another self plug for addressing Dust's scaling issues:

Dust:

Dust is of limited use because of enemy accuracy/RoF scaling, and it is totally negated by homing weaponry (hello Billy Bombard). Dust's 50% enemy accuracy debuff is completely negated around enemy level 80. I can't describe to you how great of a disappointment this is. Dust has the potential to be one of the BEST, if not THE BEST late game team defensive solution, but it is utterly defeated by late game enemy scaling.

The Tankiest of the Tanks get rekt by enemy damage scaling, and the only way to counteract the damage scaling, is to not take damage in any form.

Total damage negation; no fine print in the footer. It's what makes Volt's shields mandatory for endless play. And Dust could be just as valuable, if it only negated damage independent of enemy level. Which is why I think the algorithm needs to be changed from "reduces enemy accuracy" to "negates damage received".

Let's say that Titania is actively under fire with a max 50% Dust buff; though rather than reducing enemy accuracy by 50%, Dust instead tallies strikes on Titania's hitbox; 50% of these tallied strikes have their damage negated.

With this adjustment, Dust's 50% "Evasion bonus" is applied universally; completely independent of enemy level. Ergo, Dust is just as viable at enemy level 15 as it is at enemy level 4000.

Dust's evasion bonus should also be applied additively to Razorwing's Evasion Bonus for balancing issues; this way enemy projectiles have to get passed two separate 50% damage negation tallies in order to register a hit. This prevents Titania from ever achieving 100% Evasion, and it diverts from the practical nullification of either evasion bonus that would occur from implementing a multiplicative model.

Yes, I've heard the "Say no to RNG buffs" argument before, I've heard the whole "50% chance to get totally rekt" track, but the fact is that in endless: a 50% chance of avoiding damage translates into a 50% increased chance of not getting 1-shotted. And Dust can apply that to the whole team.

That is a sizable buff to the party's longevity, and I can whole heartedly advocate for that kind of an increase.

Alright, now for another contributor's suggestion regarding Thorns:

Thorns:

BEFORE

Reflects 25% of damage taken back to the attacker up to 40 meters away.  Allies also benefit.

AFTER

Enemies within 30 meters of Titania will deal 1%/1.5%/1.7%/2% (based on ability rank) of their max health as true damage every second to other enemies within 3 meters.

This doesn't really seem like much, the distance between enemies would have to be really short... but consider choke points, large packs of enemies moving through doors, and when enemies are affected by the new stationary (at least, it sounds like it will be) lantern, they should be bunching up pretty tightly, giving a pretty great synergy with her 3.  The range will also be consistent with the other buffs.  I stole the health percentages from Hydroid's puddle.

Entangle:

BEFORE

Slows down enemy movement within 10 meters of Titania by 25%.

AFTER

Slows down Melee enemy movement and Ranged enemy attacks by 30-50% within 30 meters of Titania.

Like I said above, I don't want to stray too far from what the ability already does.  An alternative could be a damage reduction or max health boosting aura as Titania is extracting an offering from a heavy unit, but that wouldn't quite fit the 'entangle' theme, and I couldn't decide on an actual number to propose.  Again, consistent range.  At least this option makes more sense in terms of survival.

Thank you @GideonWilhelm . Now onto a "compromise" for Full Moon, just because no one really knows how to make it attractive...

Fullmoon: 

75% damage buff AND 75% damage resistance applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies.

The addition of increased companion EHP should offset community ire at this otherwise wholly impractical buff; especially for those Tenno who insist on using Sentinels not named Carrier Prime. This should also offer a notable increase to Razorfly EHP/Damage, which will increase their effectiveness in lategame.

Alright, now for the final bit, and I'm just gonna dump the last self-plug for it.

Razorwing:

QoL changes desired: the ability to interact with consoles, revive teammates, pickup fuel cells/kuva catalysts, capture fallen Capture Targets... you know, basically everything we can already do in Archwing?

Making her other 3 abilities cheaper to cast while in Razorwing (say abilities cost 33% less energy to cast/have Faster Casting Speed while Razorwing is active) would also relieve some serious casting restraints imposed on a channeling ability Warframe that can't utilize Rage/Hunter Adrenaline because of its sub-par EHP.

As for the evasion bonus? Razorwing keeps that. Consider it some MUCH needed compensation for forfeiting the ability to dodge roll and constantly being exposed to enemy fire from all sides (including below; oh the nuances of aviation combat!).

In Closing:

I believe that these changes should address the vast majority of Titania's shortcomings, as well as carve a fairly distinct niche for her in the meta without making her overpowered; making her far more appealing to both her current fans and new players. While I understand that converting Razorflies into a moddable Companion entails additional Forma investments on a frame already equipped with 2 Exalted weapons, it really does strike me as the ideal means of addressing the community's concerns regarding forced Vacuum & Razorflies' lack of practicality. The pros vastly outweigh the cons, and I think that qualifies as an objective statement.

If I missed anything, or if something comes across as obscene, unnecessary, or underpowered, please expand on this. Here's hoping that DE doesn't mind putting a bit more effort into Titania's revisit, but as a longtime Titania main and an endless player, I can say with confidence that this build would satisfy all parties involved, while staying true to the Dev's intended purpose for Titania.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile....

Wow, umm.... that is one big af post you made there. I couldn't bother reading through your entire overview but I'm sure you got some good stuff to say, lol

Will there please be a change to Spellbind so targets that leave the casting area of Spellbind still receive the buff? The issue it has is, if you cast it on targets and then allies, enemies or Titania herself leaves the area, the spell will simply be cast and no targets will be affected.

As for Nyx, will she receive faster and less clunky animations? The main problem when playing Nyx was her Absorb casting animation when ending, she would just take too long to explode and then get back onto being able to move, really locks her down while using it.

Archived