Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, zhellon said:

I read it and I still don't understand why you need it.

Personally, I'd rather have button 5 answered the output from archwing. Then 4 could be something else , for example, the same butterflies.

It becomes very clunky when dealing with forced operator segments ie Eidolon.  Instead of being able to deal with a bombard rocket at the last second you must hop out of Razorwing, through foot, into Operator and Void Mode.  At which point you're probably dead.  Access to operator would also solve the problem of interaction (or rather lack of) with your team, objectives and doors (our greatest nemesis).  Every time I come up against a door I mentally imagine filling the security panel full of Dex Pixia's wondrous tidings of joy.  Hack it?  Yea, let me fill it with a couple hundred bullets, hacked enough?

Titania deserves a bigger rework, nobody uses the first three abilities but for Blitz buffing. If you want to play Titania, you have to press 4. The damage is good but the survivability isn't really that great.

My wild dreams:

Fixes:

• make the hitbox reflect the size of the pixie
  • enable the „harmless“ interactions: door locks, ciphers, loot lockers, ayatan star/sculpture pickups (but not revives, power cell and data mass carries, etc.)
  • innate vacuum for Razorwing with 6 meters (maybe only 4 meters, we really don’t want unintentional energy pickups, especially not with arcane energize)
  • cut the ability animation (cast times) to half

Passive: 50% evasion, as currently

Abilities:

1. Spellbind (25 energy) Titania marks an enemy for 8 seconds who turns into a strong aggro pull (like Saryn’s Molt) for 16m range and heals 25/second for a total of 200 health. Recast replaces the previous mark with the new and restarts the ability timer. Affected only by Range.
  2. I don’t have a good idea for Tribute. It can be good on paper, but basically unusable in practice. Now let’s keep it as it is.
  3. Lantern becomes Aegis (75 energy) Gives status immunity and 80% damage reduction for 4 seconds and instantly removes all status effects for all allies within affinity range. While in Razorwing also heals up all of the razorflies replacing the died ones with new. Affected only by Duration.
  4. Razorwing with razorfiles as currently

Augments:

Beguile Lantern mutates into Beguile Spellbind with the same effect. Razorwing Blitz is untouched.

;)

I had an idea to make Tribute a bit more rewarding. For every other buff you collect you get a Bonus of 15% on the all Buffs effects and on their range. That would be a bonus of 45% for Range and effect of every buff, when you have all Buffs:

• Dust 50% Accuracy Debuff  in 30m -->72,5% in 43,5m
  • Thorns 25% Damage Reflect in 40m --> 36,25 % in 58m
  • Entangle 25% Slow in 10m --> 36,25% in 14,5m
  • Full Moon 75% Companion Damage in 30m --> 108,75% in 43,5m

In addition if you collect the last buff the duration of all buffs will be reset. Thorns would still need an overhaul, but the rest would be a bit more useful in this way.

I also have an idea for her 1st Abilitys Augment : Regenerative Dust : Your Dust stays at the location you fired at for a short Duration, allies hit by it or moving through will heal a small amount of their HP for a set duration.

3rd Ability Augment : Beguilling Lantern : In addition to boost all Melee damage it should also boost companion damage (your Razorflies especially) or just all damage/weapon damage.

Do the Razorflies of Lantern also benefit from Full Moon buff ?

Il y a 11 heures, WhimsicalPacifist a dit :

It becomes very clunky when dealing with forced operator segments ie Eidolon.  Instead of being able to deal with a bombard rocket at the last second you must hop out of Razorwing, through foot, into Operator and Void Mode.  At which point you're probably dead.  Access to operator would also solve the problem of interaction (or rather lack of) with your team, objectives and doors (our greatest nemesis).  Every time I come up against a door I mentally imagine filling the security panel full of Dex Pixia's wondrous tidings of joy.  Hack it?  Yea, let me fill it with a couple hundred bullets, hacked enough?

As I said, I would prefer more functionality to a simple schoolboy output. I still don't understand why razorwing is a streaming ability. If it's because of the big damag guns, I don't need them. There is a weapon that without the shaman build can do roughly equal damage. (of course with riven) But at the moment Titania is the only frame capable of archwing mode. But it is thin, without the ability to configure their own weapons. Uses not particularly useful skill that eat a ton of energy.

God, Yes, I'd rather Titania didn't have the skills, and she would use the wings skills that are inserted by the user. Of course not all archwing good, but they are usable. But I think it's a more fitting idea for a new frame than Titania, which is a pity.

Soon Archwing weapons on frames will. And Titania won't be able to use them most of the time. That's a funny and sad remark.

20 hours ago, Roboplus said:

If Razorwing was an Archwing, activating it would give Titania separate Shield, Health, and Energy Pools, passive Archwing energy regeneration rather than channeled ability costs, 4 new abilities to use, access to Archwing Mods, the Afterburner Archwing Maneuver, and losing all of your Health would only drop you out of the sky instead of downing your Warframe. 

Actually... Exalted archwing for her would be awesome. Replace a worthless skill for something that allows her to survive outside of razerwing and to have that skill carry over from razerwing for when you get killed out of it would just be amazing and fix so many issues right there XD

il y a 7 minutes, Eis_Katze a dit :

Replace a worthless skill for something that allows her to survive outside of razerwing and to have that skill carry over from razerwing for when you get killed out of it would just be amazing and fix so many issues right there XD

It's so cool that it's even overpowered. I like it.

You can also remake 2, so that the souls of enemies instead of useless buffs give 1 extra life for themselves and allies in the synthesis radius. (Like Oberon's augment, for example.  Only without cooldown. )But it will make it super useful.

18 hours ago, Stellatarum said:

Abilities:

1. Spellbind (25 energy) Titania marks an enemy for 8 seconds who turns into a strong aggro pull (like Saryn’s Molt) for 16m range and heals 25/second for a total of 200 health. Recast replaces the previous mark with the new and restarts the ability timer. Affected only by Range.
  2. I don’t have a good idea for Tribute. It can be good on paper, but basically unusable in practice. Now let’s keep it as it is.
  3. Lantern becomes Aegis (75 energy) Gives status immunity and 80% damage reduction for 4 seconds and instantly removes all status effects for all allies within affinity range. While in Razorwing also heals up all of the razorflies replacing the died ones with new. Affected only by Duration.
  4. Razorwing with razorfiles as currently

I get that people want to give Titania some more power but this would remove her CC.  Stop.  The pixie, the pixie guns, and the fact that she's a CC monster are the things I, and many others, love about her.

All we need is for her lantern to be able to be firmly rooted in place somehow, her Tribute to be worth using (as it stands now, throw the whole thing away, just take it out of her kit and make her 2 do nothing and that'd be better than what it is now because at least I won't run the risk of using it by accident), and her Razorflies to have some survivability themselves without having to leave Razorwing.  Have Pablo take a look at her for some synergies beyond that.

Titania changes look great so far, cant wait to try them in-game, since Titania is one of my mains. Hopefully they will come with her Deluxe skin, cant wait for it to come out. However, there are still some problems left and fixing them, in my opinion, will definitely improve gameplay of Titania by a lot. 

1. Make her animations twice as fast, which is especially important for her CC abilities. Titania have one of the slowest animations of all warframes and casting them vs high lvl enemies is simply dangerous(and not rewarding enough in risk-reward proportion), due to their slow speed and Titania's lack of defense. In order to properly use her CC in all situations, right now you absolutely need to have Natural Talent mod installed.

2. Floating away of enemies on her 1st and 3rd abilities is counterproductive and makes you want to cast these abilities less, since you and your allies have a hard time killing enemies because of that. Its annoying and makes you unable to melee enemies. I hope is gets changed so that these abilities will work the same as Rhino's Stomp for example, just suspending enemies in the air and thats it, without them bouncing all over the room.

3. Tribute is still clunky and not that useful, though its better now. Still, 2 out of 4 buffs are useless(reflect and fullmoon), enemies can be used for buff only once and 25% enemy slowing in 10m radius is not enough either. I suggest getting rid of useless buffs, leaving only 2, accuracy and speed debuffs, and making so that all ranged units give you Dust and all melee units give you Entangle. Also buffing slowing to 50% in 10 or 15 meters for example. That way tribute effects will be more useful and you wont have to remember which unit gives you which buff and on which unit you already used Tribute and on which one isn't. Or simply change Tribute to work like Ivara's Quiver ability. Tap 2 to change the buff you want and hold 2 to apply buff.

4. Fix Lantern effects, sometimes enemies don't get affected by it, even when in range and with LOS of lantern itself and still look at you and shoot you.

5.  Buff HP of Razorflys. On 40+lvl they often get killed in a couple of seconds after casting Razorwing, leaving all the enemies shooting you, meaning you have to recast Razorwing or you will be killed in a couple of second too.

Also would be nice if Titania will stop getting oneshotted out of nowhere on Plains of Eidolon, because as soon as you enter Razorwing, everyone, even most basic of enemies, starts shooting rockets at you, often from far away or when you don't even see them yet.

1. Say bolts had an 80% chance to strip armor/shields, would each individual bolt give the same 80% strip?

2. May one cast cause an individual bolt to hit an individual enemy. As in, if there are 6 bolts and 6 enemies, each enemy can get 1 bolt resulting in 6 enemies being stripped of 80% of shields/armor. This would make her more efficient with the new change since we often fight large mobs of enemies, and there's a chance that recasting will simply hit the same enemies anyway (as it currently does at times).

3. May her 2 stack to give 100% strips or let it scale with power strength so that we can obtain 100% strips; similar to Ash's Seeking Shuriken mechanic.

4. May her 4 have a cap at energy drain because currently her 4 becomes way too power hungry in the high levels as enemy damage rises. For example, it can increase drain by 2 for every 2500 BUT caps at 8 drain per second if more than 10,000 damage is received. At least with this, the ability won't become completely useless in long runs.

Would not the 4th ability change still be useless in lvl 50+ missions since grineer and corpus do not shoot things like gas and corossive (which they are, respectively, weak to). Therefore, releasing the damage still may not affect them much due to their damage reductions from armor (grineer) and shields (corpus). 

Instead, may attention be paid towards making her 4 more energy efficient at tanking? With this rework (armor/shield stripping), nyx also seems very good for endurance runs. Therefore, may her energy drain have a cap rather than damage taking off a specific amount with each hit along with the passive drain? When enemies scale over into the hundreds, their hits drain her energy very quickly. I would like if the 4 remained relevant no matter the level since she is balanced out by being slowed or kept in place. I don't think the high energy drain in the high levels is also needed. Players still have to leave the bubble every now and then to use the benefits of energy siphon or zenurik. Meanwhile, frames like Ash can just go invisible to ignore attention while being fully mobile and having scaling debuffs (seeking shuriken, fatal teleport) before using rolling guard to invincibly reenter invisibility. In contrast, nyx has to be vulnerable much longer before her energy is restored.

Titanias 1 needs to be updated as well it looks like a complete oversight that its fix wasnt mentioned despite it being so simple. It should have half of the cast range but the aoe range should then be made equal to the cast range. As it is now theres not really any point to have such a tiny aoe, with it being so small it's basically another single target cc which she already has with lantern. And the ally buff is tedious to use at best since the aoe is so small she needs nearly direct los and the ally needs to be basically stationary considering the slow cast time.

nyx

passive

-would be better if the reduced accuracy was passive and not dependent on chance though it's kinda weak. a better 1 would be that enemies that attack u have  chance to be put to sleep.

1st ability
-seemed like an ok-ish change. would be be better if it was possible to cast on multiple enemies.

2nd ability
-seemed good. though reducing armor and shields doesn't fit her theme as a psychic still seemed like a useful ability.

3rd ability
-never liked chaos. it was always a very weak cc cause while enemies target each other they still target u as well, it just gives them more targets... if enemies ONLY target each other then it would be a good cc. also reduce energy from 75 to 50.

4th ability 
-seems ok...(not really much to say there)

titania

titania is 1 of my favorites which i used quite a lot, really hope her 1st 3 abilities improve. it would be fitting for her to have a way to restore health and have some defensive ability/s considering she is based on the fairy queen- wife of oberon. (not to mention much NEEDED) 

passive
-always liked her passive it should stay though i think it would be better if the passive also give 50% damage reduction while airborne which would synergize with her razorwing.

1st ability
(not sure why no one is talking about her 1 it needs serious improvement)
her 1 is something that i only ever used to activate the buff of the razorwing blitz augment or remove a status from myself/granting few seconds of status immunity... the cc affect is very weak and unreliable not to mention the slow cast animation.
-make the affect either an circular AoE or cone AoE. make enemies tethered in place (similar to rhino stomp). maybe give damage reduction.

2nd ability
-make it a cone AoE that affect multiple enemies on a single cast. make the souls fly to u instead of having to go and pick then up (would synergize with razorwing too). each soul restore some health (i think it should be 200- affected by power strength).
 to be honest the buffs are kinda useless even if u improve the ability.. in all honesty i'd rather titania have a new 2...

3rd ability
-for the most part u got it right. just make enemies actually tethered in place (like rhino stomp) cause in the last devstream when it was shown the enemy that it was used on was still moving around.

4th ability
adding vacuum was right however it needs more improvements:
-add ability to dash/dodge
-make it possible to use context action and pick up things.
-make it possible to use transference. (very important! operator is a big part of warframe's gameplay right now and using the operator shouldn't be restricted)
titania's survivability depends a lot on the razorfiies having to uncast and recast razorwing to respawn them makes the gameplay less smooth. options:   
1.make the razorflies invulnerable.
2. holding the ability button would respawn the razorflies for 3 energy per each (affected by efficiency)
3. make them respawn after a certain amount of time after their death. (though i'd rather the 1st 2 options).     

On 2018-12-14 at 2:50 AM, GideonWilhelm said:

I get that people want to give Titania some more power but this would remove her CC.  Stop.  The pixie, the pixie guns, and the fact that she's a CC monster are the things I, and many others, love about her.

All we need is for her lantern to be able to be firmly rooted in place somehow, her Tribute to be worth using (as it stands now, throw the whole thing away, just take it out of her kit and make her 2 do nothing and that'd be better than what it is now because at least I won't run the risk of using it by accident), and her Razorflies to have some survivability themselves without having to leave Razorwing.  Have Pablo take a look at her for some synergies beyond that.

I see your point, but don't forget, that CC is kind-of dead now. DE killed it over the years. You can use it for making starchart noise, but all the rewarding, worth to play missions other than Sorties require either high peak damage or some area of effect damage. Nowadays the key is DPS.

- Eidolons with CC? Still the most rewarding mission for focus and arcanes. Also the most fun if you don't time-stress it, in my opinion.
- ESO? While you try to CC it, already run out of efficiency.
- Arbitrations? With the shield drones... only solutions to kill them as fast as possible.
- Even higher relic missions is hard to CC with a lot of Ancients and Nullifiers
- I wonder if the new Orb thingy mission will involve serious CC to play when it comes to actual fight stage.

So CC is not as good as maybe it was many years ago and you can mostly use it for missions where you don't really need CC anyway. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions but the general rule stands I think.

2 hours ago, Stellatarum said:

I see your point, but don't forget, that CC is kind-of dead now. DE killed it over the years. You can use it for making starchart noise, but all the rewarding, worth to play missions other than Sorties require either high peak damage or some area of effect damage. Nowadays the key is DPS.

- Eidolons with CC? Still the most rewarding mission for focus and arcanes. Also the most fun if you don't time-stress it, in my opinion.
- ESO? While you try to CC it, already run out of efficiency.
- Arbitrations? With the shield drones... only solutions to kill them as fast as possible.
- Even higher relic missions is hard to CC with a lot of Ancients and Nullifiers
- I wonder if the new Orb thingy mission will involve serious CC to play when it comes to actual fight stage.

So CC is not as good as maybe it was many years ago and you can mostly use it for missions where you don't really need CC anyway. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions but the general rule stands I think.

Not every frame has to be amazing on every node.  I can lantern and drop a zenistar and make a damn good killbox in survival.

By your logic, in order for every frame to be equally viable, they'd all have to be either Saryn, Volt, or Banshee.  I mean, they have the best AoE damage and can kill the most stuff at once, so we gotta make sure every warframe can do the same or they all suck.

But seriously, just look at Lifeof Rio, the Zarr is low-viable tier and it's practically his signiature weapon that carries him through six- to eight-hour survivals.  And he also mains scaling tank/CC/buff frames, and his main issue with Titania is the fact that her lanterns can't be fixed in place, because being able to make enemies cease shooting and gather in one place to be blown up with AoE weapons is a MASSIVE benefit in Survival.

Just because you want Titania to function a specific way in your favorite content doesn't mean she should have her entire playstyle torn down and rebuilt into an entirely different role.

Edit: making her Dex Pixia deal damage to nullifier drones and bubbles in arbitrations instead of "LOL IT'S A WARFRAME ABILITY GUESS YOU GOTTA GIVE UP YOUR SURVIVABILITY TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING" would be pretty fantastic, tho

2 hours ago, GideonWilhelm said:

Not every frame has to be amazing on every node.  I can lantern and drop a zenistar and make a damn good killbox in survival.

By your logic, in order for every frame to be equally viable, they'd all have to be either Saryn, Volt, or Banshee.  I mean, they have the best AoE damage and can kill the most stuff at once, so we gotta make sure every warframe can do the same or they all suck.

But seriously, just look at Lifeof Rio, the Zarr is low-viable tier and it's practically his signiature weapon that carries him through six- to eight-hour survivals.  And he also mains scaling tank/CC/buff frames, and his main issue with Titania is the fact that her lanterns can't be fixed in place, because being able to make enemies cease shooting and gather in one place to be blown up with AoE weapons is a MASSIVE benefit in Survival.

Just because you want Titania to function a specific way in your favorite content doesn't mean she should have her entire playstyle torn down and rebuilt into an entirely different role.

Edit: making her Dex Pixia deal damage to nullifier drones and bubbles in arbitrations instead of "LOL IT'S A WARFRAME ABILITY GUESS YOU GOTTA GIVE UP YOUR SURVIVABILITY TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING" would be pretty fantastic, tho

Well, you're right. Maybe my lack of practice...
I use Titania regularly, even in Sortie rescues. My main concern is her survivability and a lot of things in mission that force you to quit Razorwing.
Allowing interactions and adding some "tankiness" and the possibility to refresh Razorflies would solve a lot of problems.
Anyway, thanx for reading my thoughts ;)

2 hours ago, GideonWilhelm said:

that would be fair to all exalted weapons frames - I dropped arbitrations altogether due to this idiocy

Without real synergies between the abilities the rework would be a failure. A bit better than the current state but still a failure and a missed opportunity.

For titania 1-3 abilities should work inside her affinity radius, forget thorns at all: proved many times that its useless even in concept. Get her survivability and immortal razorwings.

If not immortal razorwings then they should  automaticaly respawn 1 or 2 sec  and give her damage reduction.

I've been playing a bit of Nyx and I think she is awesome.

Here's some of my suggestions for Nyx.

Mind Control.  No longer have a duration but lasts as long as the target is alive.  The target instantly dies after the effect has been removed on purpose but will have a cooldown before it can be casted again unless killed by enemies(or still keep the duration but have like half of the duration's cooldown) as to prevent spamming the ability to kill enemies one by one.  Also holding down the button will boost the MC target's health shield/armor/health and also damage instead of shooting them since it sounds a bit awkward for a psychic themed Warframe  to be reliant on guns for her abilities to work.  IDK. 😜

Psychic Bolts.  Since it will become pure debuff why not also add a small scale knockdown to give it some telekinetic effect.  And it should have priority targets.

Chaos.  I don't have much aside from giving it a better visual effect.  I guess something like Garuda where a symbol will show above affected enemies and some particle effects on their head.

Absorb.  The fact that Nyx will reflect the damage type is awesome. Remove the additional energy per 1000 damage since it just seems it has been placed to limit the time she can absorb.  And make her total energy the duration of her absorb instead of making it damage+energy.  Maybe just add a multiplier for energy used while in absorb like every 10, 20, 30,... energy absorbs give her 10%, 20%, 30%,.. damage multiplier.  Was never good with Math.  😅

Edit:  PS.  Give her more evasion during chaos.  😀

Il y a 5 heures, GideonWilhelm a dit :

no. There are three established roles in the gaming industry: DPS, tank, support. 

Everything else is a combination of these roles.The controller class does not exist and cannot exist. All because control is needed either to protect or to kill, the third is not given. Titania is not a good frame for dps. Titania is not a good frame for support. The fact that she's a good controller (which is debatable) doesn't allow her to be a good DPS or support.

I'll tell you what, you can pick flowers on anything. But the smell is fried, you will immediately take them:

Il y a 5 heures, GideonWilhelm a dit :

Saryn, Volt, or Banshee.

On 2018-11-28 at 8:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Nyx’s passive ability to make enemies miss will be deactivated when she is using Absorb, meaning no shot will be wasted!

But it will remain in full effect for Assimilate, yes?

While I can see that you'd want this for Absorb-as-a-nuke (though -given its current iteration- why you'd want that to begin with, idk), I think it's fair to say that if you're using Assimilate, you're using it purely as a defensive ability.
So as long as it retains the 'Damage taken costs energy' aspect, I want it to stay up as long as possible - if that's because enemies are missing, I'm fine with that too.  

Edit: Since I don't see Absorb/Assimilate becoming agnostic again, how about instead of 'damage costs energy', it becomes 'damage increases drain', or - possibly better - 'drain increases per enemy targetting (not attacking) Nyx' - which synergizes with Chaos as well.

Archived