Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

il y a 35 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Mind Control:

BEFORE:
Nyx picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration. The problem this had was the target never really felt... powerful.  

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

The target will have a 4-second wind up period to absorb your weapon damage which is on a multiplier to enhance its OUTPUT damage. For example only (numbers not final): every 2500 damage = 1.5x damage output of the target
We've also included better 'follow Nyx' behaviour to have the target stay with her.  

This feels really engaging in practice and adds just a bit more activity to your Nyx play - your targets become more valuable and you get to focus on weapon gameplay in the 4 second window to really pump them up! A Nyx should always choose their victim wisely.

Psychic Bolts:

BEFORE:
Nyx launches a cluster of force bolts at enemies, using telekinesis to adjust flight paths and seek nearby targets.
The Number of Bolts and Damage dealt, including a Radiation Status chance made up the entirety of this power.t wasn't unique enough and on its own, it didn't offer enough in high level missions.

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis.

The subordinate mob should not interfere with the passage of the levels of protection of the target and should not have the time of capture or the ability to extend the search for the useful mob every 20-40 seconds is not convenient

Bolts are also best made passive ability like Nova but with the ability to turn off and release all charges in 1 or more targets.
Thank you for deciding to improve the NYX gaming experience and sorry for my English

36 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

If I understand how this reflect works, Titania gets hit for 100, takes 100 damage, then the enemy gets hit back for 50. Status doesn't get reflected.

This is not apparently useful because in these fights in Warframe, Four Tenno against Hundreds of Enemies, the Hundreds of Enemies have far, far more health than Titania ever will. Compounding this is that an enemy can be replaced but Titania does not have easy access to recovery mechanisms.

EDIT: Later I plan to calculate the degree of reflect necessary to significantly harm (8%) a level 80 corpus tech but I think damage through reflection is not a healthy mechanic for this frame.

imo, it should be 50% damage reflect accompanied by 50% damage reduction; Titana takes only 50% of the damage (before mitigation by armor/adaptation etc') and 50% damage returns to the attacker

I'm taking this chance to re-post my proposal for a Nyx rework made some time ago. I hope some ideas in it can be useful

Nyx Rework

---

All numbers are open to change!!!

1. Psychic Guillotine

Nyx sends telekinetically-charged bolts that assaults her enemies’ brain and cognitive structures, causing internal damage and feeding her with psychic energy. Energy cost is halved when cast on targets afflicted by Nyx’ other abilities.

3/4/5/6 Bolts. 25 Energy

100/150/250/300 Damage, headshot and Critical multiplier, or if percentage: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% of health plus headshot and critical multiplier

Crit chance: 15%, 25%, 35%, 45% increased by Ability Strength

No more slash procs to balance crits (get Ash instead)

Radiation proc?

Passive homing, will try to headshot if possible.

Crits restore health, Gain Psi-Charge

Psi-charge has no effect on this ability. Energy cost is halved if cast on enemies affected by Acatepsy, Chaos, and Annihilation/Holocide

2. Acatalepsy

Nyx inflicts a state of total cognitive collapse on the target’s pscyhe, bending them to her will. Psi-charge stack reduces energy cost and increases control duration.

50 Energy, Psi-Charge reduces Energy Cost, increase duration.

10/15/20/25 seconds duration.

Cast freely on multiple enemies. More or less current Mind Control.

- Control enemies like current ability

- Uncontrollable enemies (boss etc) stunned first 3 seconds, then slowed and bleed.

3. Chaos

No significant change.

75 Energy, same as now. Enemies are guaranteed not to attack Tenno.

10/15/20/25 seconds duration

Psi-charge increases duration, reduces cost

Boss and unaffected enemy types gets slowed down and reduced damage.

4. Annihilation/Holocide?

100 Energy.

Similar to current Absorb: absorb then unleash damage (invulnerable while Absorbing), surviving enemies enter Chaos state. After cast, Nyx enters Nightfall state: expends all stored Psi-Charge to gradually restore shield, health, and energy to self, plus immunity to status effect for 8/12/14/20 seconds, when in Nightfall state approaching enemies enter Chaos state.

Rationale:

Basic universal idea: Nyx means night. Make her terrifying to her enemies, a nightmare, but different from Nekros and Revenant. Reduce dependency on energy, gain power from attacking enemies.

Psychic Guillotine:

Now meant as basic damage ability to stack Psi-Charge and low-level control. Idea is that Nyx inflicts damage directly to brain, hence headshot bonus.

Acatalepsy:

Control multiple enemies at once. Psi-Charge compensates increased energy cost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acatalepsy

Chaos:

No significant change, but enemies will absolutely not attack Nyx and Tenno

Holocide/Annihilation:

Idea is if Absorb should not leave Nyx helpless after explosion if enemies still survive. Nightfall state meant to represent Nyx being empowered by her victims' psychic energy.

===

Feedback always appreciated. Primary areas of concern that I could not answer are numbers balancing, minmaxing, and application of Psi-charge, as well as Augments.

EDIT: It would also be really cool if Nyx' accuracy debuff passive takes the form of "Psychic Shadows" around her, that gets targeted instead of her, and these shadows then attacks the affected enemies in Chaos.

I would like to use titania more, but she is so fragile in mid to,high level missions she is not worth it. There have been a few arbitration missions with a boon for her. Cast her debuff abilities, go razorwing only to be one shot. Personally I make my frames quite tanky. I had health and shield mods on with adaptation, but being one shot makes that mod irrelevant. Can she at least have a buff somehow. Even tried her in POE lv 50-60 missions. The helios missiles kill her very quick

Maybe add onto Nyx's Absorb so enemies focus on her directly? Like divert the enemies attention from other players to her so she tanks it all and repels. Often I kinda struggle getting enough damage built for Absorb since enemies can be sparse and if you are in a group of enemies, they may be attacking other fellow tenno. Just a thought! 🙂 

If these changes are indicative of future ones, im not sure im hyped for changes to Vauban. The only worthwhile change to Titania is the vacuum change... and thats it.  
The buffs from her 2 simply arent worth the hassle, 50% reflection is literally nothing when enemies eHP is 1000s of times higher than ours, the slow is 25% and only a 10m radius which is tiny and Full Moon? buffing companion damage will see no benefit in any circumstance.  

Thorns could be changed to 40% damage reduction and 200% reflection(as True damage), both affected by power strength.  
Entangle having a base 25% is fine, but the range should really be increased and/or affected by power strength and range.  
Full Moon should honestly just be a buff for all allies damage, not just companions.

honestly this "rework" just sounds super lazy. I'd rather you guys did what Pablo did with saryn, overshoot the mark, then scale it back. Titania's still got a major issue, full cost of abilities in razoring, a channelled ability. No synergy with her passive cause most of the time you'll be avoiding death in her razorwing. 3 abilities that are the same. Nyx's rework is most definitely the laziest and lowest effort "rework" to date, but I'd rather focus on one thing at a time so here goes:

Proposed changes:
Passive: Titania always has 6 active razorfly drones, enemies that come within x metres of titania gets marked by a razorfly. When enemies are killed by titania and her allies whilst marked, they drop a buff depending on the type (basically her 2 buffs drop when enemies came into range with titania and are killed)
Spellbind: mostly the same except with an 8m radius at max, and 15 seconds maximum duration.
Tribute: Expend your shields to refresh the number of razorflies that titania has, and healing the ones that are currently active.
Daze: Enemies marked by razorflies explode, removing their mark, knocking down enemies anddealing a % of the targets health as aoe blast damage, and marking 2 enemies for every 1 that detonated.
Razorwing: reduced energy cost on abilities (by at least 50%), affected by aviator and agility drift, buff the damage of the diwata to 350 damage, with a 25% critical chance and a 2.5 multiplier, and a 25% status chance.

For the most part these changes sound really great, however, I do have two minor issues.

Absorb sounds much better, however it seems as though the energy cost relative to the range just isn't it. Range feels too low. I'd like either a bit of an increase or an increase over time while using Absorb.

Tribute's Thorns effect seems too low. Seeing as Titania is not only really fragile, but enemies can take a lot more, and stronger hit than she can, I'd suggest a much bigger increase to the damage reflection. Perhaps 150-200% which would be great!

PS. Nice Captura!

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This feels really engaging in practice and adds just a bit more activity to your Nyx play - your targets become more valuable and you get to focus on weapon gameplay in the 4 second window to really pump them up!

Or I can just point my weapon elsewhere as that will be far more effective than shooting the mind control target...

Who uses Mind Control for damage? It's one enemy, it's useful to take a tougher enemy unit out of the fight, you're not going to rely on them to maybe kill something. Does this change give even less reason to waste a slot on the Mind Control augment? A straight-up defense buff and maybe drawing attention away from Nyx would be preferable. Doesn't seem like something I would use...unless shooting the Mind Control target makes them grow larger, that would at least be amusing.

It doesn't make sense to me that you would shoot the mind control target to buff it anyway, antimatter drop particle, okay, creature, nope?!?

The passive, psychic bolts, and absorb changes sound interesting...

Im no master of warframe, casual+? I felt Nyx had flavor, theme that i would enjoy. But something felt a bit off when i played her. The CC was great, but the overall feel 1-2-3-4 regarding her abilities didnt feel smooth, i didnt feel a curve in power or, that the abilities was overall impactful. I found myself mostly just using Chaos, fashioned her for that creepy alien psychic feel, but she is that warframe that i mostly use when ive played all my favorites a bit to much. But something along the lines of what you are proposing will definitly make her into a warframe that i put into rotation more.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Or I can just point my weapon elsewhere as that will be far more effective than shooting the mind control target...

So... you wouldn't want to turn an enemy into an ally that can deal potentially massive damage to other enemies while you're doing stuff?

They'd also probably change the augment.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Not every Frame's mechanics need to be drastically changed in order to make them good. These changes sound like they'd make both Frames pretty powerful.

Imagine that you are reflecting the damage of a corrupt bomber.
You can not, because you're dead.

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)ArtPrince17:

So... you wouldn't want to turn an enemy into an ally that can deal potentially massive damage to other enemies while you're doing stuff?

No, just because the bullets used to "buff" your minion could have spent to kill off another enemy in the meantime.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thorns - increase to 50% of damage reflected back to the attacker!

My feedback:

Titania is a frame that is not tanky and does not hold up well to being shot in the face. I have two suggestions; make Tribute a rotational self-target AOE buff (like Ivara's bow) that you can fire and forget, and have fun in fairy form without wasting energy that you need to stay in flight. The second suggestion; make the damage reflect not a percentage of damage done, but a percentage of the enemies health, this way it will scale with enemy hp and not enemy weapon damage which has terrible scaling compared to enemy HP.  

Archived