[DE]Rebecca

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

Since this topic is still ongoing...
I would like to take the opportunity to give my perception on Titania.

The changes atm are really great. Abilities do not cost that much and you can keep up all buffs fairly easily while staying in razorwingmode. Her damage output is still amazing for I can kill enemies faster than almost any frame. Her tribute makes Titania nice as a party member in stead of just being a soloist. (I always like to see my Titania as a soloist that doesnt care about others too much because she is quite glass cannon and will die if you try to ressurect fallen allies)

The negatives about Titania for me are that there are a couple of things in her kit that arent doing much (more about this later at my perception on her abilities). She is a typical glass cannon frame, making her 1-shot enemies... and getting 1-shot herself (her evasiveness, speed and accuracy tribute debuff do make it harder to get killed). 

My perception on her abilities:
Her first ability Spellbind: I think this ability is quite nice. It has a fast casting speed and can be used either to help allies/yourself or quickly cc enemies. I usually just use it to get stacks on my razorwing mod fast or to get rid of status effects on me or allies (poison is always easiest to see when fighting infested)

her second ability tribute: I really like this ability... even tho I know alot of people do not like this. I think it is a nice alternative thing to do when you are just using your Dex Pixia to kill everything and do nothing else... Just use tribute to collect those souls and help your allies and keep your stacks up from the razorwing mod. The accuracy debuff on enemies and the damage boost for allies are the best buffs in my eyes. I usually just grab the slow and the thorns as extra buffs...and because I like the butterflies...
So if you want to increase this frames party efficiency these buffs can be improved in some way.

her third ability lantern: I think the concept of this ability is nice, but in game...it is less good. I do use it sometimes... but I feel like I do not have to. I usually use this ability in either survival or defense missions since Titania has no AOE damage. It can be nice to make a lantern in a chokepoint and have enemies cc'ed there untill you turn your guns their way. However when you do missions with lower leveled enemies, these lanterns will just bother allies because they kill fast enough. When you do Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, you find yourself against tough enemies and barely any energy gain... you want to use a lantern for the cc... but it costs energy you dont have or want to save...
So I think this ability can use something extra to help with survivability

her fourth ability razorwing: This is ofcourse the ability that defines Titania. The damage is really good and the weapons are great. The razorwings are also very cool.
The downside of razorwing are that you will completely rely on Dex Pixia and Diwata to deal your damage (not that this is neccesarily a bad thing). But the razorwings are just not that great. When you are going against lvl 15- enemies they are really good....but higher than that...they keep dying. When you are doing a sortie or ESO...they get killed in 1 shot. Meaning their purpose of damage or cc is completely gone. maybe they could also benefit partially from titania's current hp/shield/armor...or make them tougher by ability power or something... It is also really dangerous for such a 1 shot frame to get out of razorwing. (You will have to get out and in again if you want to replenish your razorwings).
So if you want to increase Titania's damage output we can help the razorwings out somehow.

My personal ideas:
tribute doesnt necessarily be changed, but maybe change thorn damage to prevent the damage and reflect it back... it would become quite a nice buff for the party for survival and for Titania herself (and razorwings) while not really changing the original concept.

lantern could be better by making it more useful. It could do all the same things as it does now...and spawn 6 razorwings of its own that will do their own thing untill they dissapear when the ability ends. When a lanternwing dies it will respawn at the lantern. Meaning that with 3 lanterns you can make quite the hornetsnest. And what if Titania enters the attract range of the lantern and gets her razorwings back? You will have changed the lantern from a cc lamp...into a cc razorwingspawn station. As if she creates razorwings out of the bodies. It would bring a fun new mechanic and it means the ability will be useful in another manner...meaning you dont HAVE TO get out of razorwing mode and face the grimreaper(I really like this concept).

Other than all of this, I have nothing more to say. Keep up the good work DE, you are doing a great job and I hope you take a look at all the nice ideas ^.^

VulpesSly

Edited by VulpesSly
  • Upvote 1

The biggest problems with Titania is that first, Lantern should be tethered to the ground because it keeps flying so far away that it becomes redundant and you end up wasting energy. Second, the buffs granted by Tribute are rather underwhelming, even when they are maxed out. And third, for some reason we cannot apply Gladiator Rush on her Diwata but yet we can add Gladiator Vice & Might?

Edit: also alot of time when using Diwata she will attack the enemies feets causing you to bump on the floor witch forces the player to readjust.

Edited by (XB1)DomTheKilleur
  • Upvote 2

Lantern: use Trinity 1 concept

Tribute: if the ability stays give meaningful buffs that strengthen her 4th. Thats Titania bread and butter. Make her like Nidus who in ability wise the best frame where all ability synergizes or linked to each other. Stop forcing non razorwing Titania but make her 1-3 to support 4. Tribute buff should be picked up with vacum.

Overall more casting speed for her.

Her little razorflies should give damage reduction AND constantly rebirth. Best solution would be to make them a standalone recastable ability.

• Upvote 3

I think her butterflies should work like khoras kavat. Make them moddable. Replace lantern with the ability to resurrect, and maybe choose different modes. Like attk mode, defending mode,  and energy regen mode or something.

Her 1 should build a damage resistance stack for every enemy effected. That literally gives Titania flat damge resistance... Up to 80% or something.

Her tribute should provide healing or an attk speed buff when Titania eats a soul or something.

• Like 2

On 2019-01-10 at 4:31 PM, (XB1)DomTheKilleur said:

The biggest problems with Titania is that first, Lantern should be tethered to the ground because it keeps flying so far away that it becomes redundant and you end up wasting energy. Second, the buffs granted by Tribute are rather underwhelming, even when they are maxed out. And third, for some reason we cannot apply Gladiator Rush on her Diwata but yet we can add Gladiator Vice & Might?

Edit: also alot of time when using Diwata she will attack the enemies feets causing you to bump on the floor witch forces the player to readjust.

Yep, gladiator rush isnt available to any exalted weapons.

Titania rework centered around her Razor Flies. Life steal, armor buff and damage (singles out most threatening enemy) and of course her fourth is Razor Wing. Her passive is 50% Thorns....and for the love of Lotus fix her casting speed. Thats just my humble idea on my beloved Titania. Happy hunting Tenno.

• Upvote 1

ofcourse not....in "endgame" content they get killed in either 1 shot or in 1 melee....hp regeneration on a kill wont do that much...

• Upvote 2

I know the Thorns buff is rather anathema to Titania players, and for good reason. Damage being reflected back to enemies is a joke. However, going with the theme of thorns, couldn't the enemies suffer powerful Puncture procs instead? That would give Titania pseudo-damage reduction as well as supporting her team in a positive way.

This still has the problem of being hit first and thus, doesn't scale super well. Perhaps it could apply to near-misses as well? Maybe it could be given to enemies affected by her Lantern and other CC?

I doubt the developers are reading this anymore. Also, apologies if this has been proposed elsewhere already.

If people are still talking about it then I'll throw my 2 cents in. I have a little idea for Nyx's psychic bolts. 

Petchic bolts makes you turn it off by holding down #2. That wait is long and kinda annoying for an ability that doesn't do much other than make a couple enemies easier to hurt. The ability doesn't even make it easier to find the enemies you hit so you can kill them and not have to manually turn bolts off.

Life would be easier if it worked more like mind control (one click to turn off and a second click to reuse the ability) or chaos (using it automatically removes it from affected baffies so it can go on whatever is now closest). 

And can anything be done so we can see psychic bolted enemies easier? 

Titania's changes are more QoL. She needs more survivability, her 2 and 3 not to fling enemies when shooting at them and a scaling damage buff. I mean, Nova has a scaling damage and defence buff so it wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Potentially give the ability for razorflies to be resurrected and give us a 5% damage buff for each active razorfly. Or allow razorflies health to scale off of enemy level.

Edited by Arbitex
  • Upvote 1

Titania Rework  
Do you believe in fairies?

Passive
Belief : Belief is a resource unique to Titania that provides up to 50% evasion when the meter is full.
Belief meter displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.
Belief meter is initially empty, then gradually fills when the following events occur in mission:

Each enemy hit by Spellbind the meter by .6%.
Each enemy attracted by Titania’s Lantern ability fills the meter by .81%.
Each ally that jumps using Titania’s jump-pad fills the meter by 1.6%
Allies doing the “Clap” emote within affinity range of Titania fills the meter by .81%.

Evasion and erode amount are not affected by Mods.
Titania’s fourth ability “Razorwing” utilizes Belief instead of Energy to cast and maintain as enemies and allies kind of can’t see her and stop believing she’s there.
Belief can still be gained from the ways listed above while Razorwing is active.

Abilities
1 – Spellbind
Enemies fumble their weapons as they tumble into the air, and the ground is covered in Titania’s jump-pad. Nearby allies become immune to Status Effects, Status effects removed from allies refresh duration of tribute buffs.

2—Tribute
 Extract an offering from an enemy in the form of a random Ability Buff. Survivor's attacks are weakened. Tributes are now random per description (not based on enemy, 1 of 4 buffs) and the buffs no longer stack.
    Dust – 15% Duration increase
    Thorns – 15% Power Strength increase
    Entangle – 15% Range Increase
    Full Moon – 15% Efficiency increase
The soul of the enemy appears at Titania’s feet the way Ivara’s zipline pathfinds. The Tribute is only useable by Titania. The buffs can not stack, so only 1 of each can be active. The buffs can be augmented with power strength.

3 – Lantern
Create a swarm of razorflies that transform an enemy into an irresistible floating beacon, attracting witless comrades before exploding on command. Exploding Lanterns will refresh Razorfly Drones for Titania’s Razorwing mode.

4 – Razorwing
Shrink down and take flight, while razorflies attack nearby enemies. Activating Razorwing begins depleting Titania’s Belief meter. Flying low to the ground leaves a trail of her Jump-pad to allow allies to keep up with her. 40% Evasion while mode is active. Animals and robotic companions are placed in Titania's pocket when activating razorwing and transported to her location upon returning to full size.

• Like 2