Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, polarity said:

A whole lot of what's wrong with Archwing could be fixed by making it work more like Titania's Razorwing:

• No flips into walls when you just want to strafe-drift round a corner.
  • No removal of up/down controls when you just want to move faster.

• An actual airbrake.

•  An actually decent Vacuum on the Plains.

• An actual Health Bar that is just reduced by anti-air attacks instantly of instantly being destroyed.

• An actual reason to use the Melee (Titania included).

• An actual reason to use Elyton after Amesha released.

I‘ll brief

No comments on titania, but those that say nyx rework is great and then continue to make 90% of their post about Titania don’t actually play or care about Nyx

Give Nyxs 2 and/or 3 the ability to prioritize and strip nullifier and ice shield bubbles. These enemies have no hard counter yet.

Increase the amount of bolts drastically AND distribution per enemy or make it AOE. 

Speed up and/or change animations of her 4. they take long. Also Energy drain on damage and please *actually* rework the math behind absorb

Change visuals of enemies affected by her 3 to something less visually obstructing. Same for energy color and absorb bubble on her 4. it’s impossible to see anything on dark maps or night time on POE

for other proposed changes, see posts from people before me with three or more upvotes/likes/applauses/whatever

Rework her augments, every other frame gets a clean upgrade with no downside - nyxs augments are drastically slowing her down or reducing her range. Why tho? Better yet incorporate absorb augment into her regular build 

give her PBR and her deluxe skin some more thicc (!)

13 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

If I understand how this reflect works, Titania gets hit for 100, takes 100 damage, then the enemy gets hit back for 50. Status doesn't get reflected.

This is not apparently useful because in these fights in Warframe, Four Tenno against Hundreds of Enemies, the Hundreds of Enemies have far, far more health than Titania ever will. Compounding this is that an enemy can be replaced but Titania does not have easy access to recovery mechanisms.

But Tribute can be picked up by your squadmates too, so imagine Thorns on a tank frame.

The problem is that teammates don't bother to take the tribute so often (nearly NEVER), so a good idea would be that if Titania pick up a tribute buff it would be shared with your mates in a certain radius.

23 minutes ago, DARKLION98 said:

But Tribute can be taken by your sqadmates too, so imagine thorns on a tank frame. The problem is that teammates don't bother to take the tribute so often (nearly NEVER), so a good idea would be that if Titania pick up a tribute buff it would be shared with your mates in a certain radius.

That's probably because allies can't pick up Tribute buffs, only Titania can.

Also, Thorns is even more worthless for Tankframes. It's 50% of the damage you take being sent back to enemies. Let's say you take 500 damage. The damage they take is immediately reduced by 50%, so now it's only 250. As someone like Nezha, the damage you take is only 10% of what it should actually be with Warding Halo. So now the enemy only takes 25 damage when they have over 35,000 HP ALONE. Let's not even go into EHP. The damage given back isn't upgraded with Titania's Power Strength, and it's not like it sends the procs either. Hell, it may actually be desirable if you only took 50% of the damage you should have (as long as it could be modded for).

Yet it's not. So it's a completely worthless buff, just like literally every one of her buffs because they don't scale with Power Strength. An accuracy debuff in this game isn't helpful when there are so many bullets flying at you, Companion damage getting a buff doesn't matter when they all are single target based in a horde shooter (or, when they do have AoE, they just aren't strong enough to make that AoE worthwhile), a 25% slow is useless when there are far easier abilities to use that give a far higher slow and redirecting enemy damage only works when the damage you take is sent back with a 6000% multiplicative increase.

2 minutes ago, DARKLION98 said:

But Tribute can be picked up by your squadmates too, so imagine Thorns on a tank frame.

The problem is that teammates don't bother to take the tribute so often (nearly NEVER), so a good idea would be that if Titania pick up a tribute buff it would be shared with your mates in a certain radius.

It's raw damage tho so it still sucks if it was something like 'true damage' that bypasses all resistances it would be neat or if it would stagger / had impact damage at least 50% of the time it would be godly

1 hour ago, DARKLION98 said:

..a good idea would be that if Titania pick up a tribute buff it would be shared with your mates in a certain radius.

The Tribute buffs are "auras"; doesn't that mean the whole squad benefits automatically?

EDIT: I checked the wiki; Thorns benefits allies within 35 metres of Titania, and Full Moon within 30 metres.

The whole squad doesn't benefit from the other Tribute buffs (I was confusing the auras with how Aura Mods work. Oops).

I have played Nyx main, ever since the beginning.

I havent played the game for half a year, but decided to come bk last week with my friend, who often plays dmg frames.

These changes are FANTASTIC TO NYX! The only thing i hope is that her Chaos wont be undermined compared to her other abilities now, as to me, Chaos is what makes Nyx. But i dont think it will and i am very excited for these changes and it means i can keep on playing Nyx Prime, as i always have been!

Good job

So yeah, about Razorwing innate Vacuum, I hope it'll be implemented on archwings too. And about Razor/Archwing Vacuums, can we please have the Ayatan Stars be automatically retrieved? It feels clunky when you're going to take them while in archwing mode.

I kinda feel that Nyx still needs a little more love.

The change doesnt seem that improved like what the older Saryn got...

Well I might be wrong as I have not seen it in action but I do hope she would get better as I use her quite frequently....

As someone that loves Nyx, I want to weigh in. The reason Nyx isn't played isn't because Nyx isn't good. Nyx isn't played because the game has no purpose for her. "The best crowd control is dead." is a popular saying that many people agree with. Who needs crowd control when stuff like Mesa, Saryn, and Equinox exist? I personally enjoy a bit more nuance to my gameplay and find Nyx to be extremely satisfying even now. She can easily dunk on most of the game's content with little to no problems. I use her exclusively for bounties in both open areas. This is without using any augments, too.

I should also point out that I play almost entirely solo so some of this might seem abnormal to other players.

The additions to Mind Control sound solid. People argue that shooting your target is silly when you can just shoot enemies. That is a valid argument, however, I see no harm in having this bonus. It's just a bonus and we're playing a game for fun, right?

I don't care what happens to Psychic Bolts as long as the Radiation effect stays. It is already so good and only gets better in open world areas. You can irradiate and control enemies a long ways away! This even works on Nullifiers after their bubbles go back up!

Chaos is fine. I'd prefer to be able to layer it again as before the change/bug/whatever happened a few updates back. I hate resetting the clock on all the enemies and completely removing it from those farther away. It's a mixed bag but I can live with it either way.

The changes to Absorb sound fine, but It won't make me use this ability seriously. I made a thread about this here where I mention things like ragdolling enemies(which someone else mentioned in this thread), giving overshields to friendlies, as well as possibly lowering the energy cost of nearby teammates next cast. Maybe it's silly, but I think this skill is her worst one by a mile. I use it rarely.

Now for the passive. The one suggested to replace the current one is objectively worse. Nyx's current passive is honestly one of the strongest in the game at present. There is junk like "catch on fire to gain energy"(which only really works in Invasions) and "melee strikes may freeze enemies" which are horrible in comparison. Stripping enemies of their weapons entirely makes them considerably easier to manage on a grand scale.The reasoning given was also rather dismissive. "People complained about X so we'll change X". I know that happens sometimes but it's usually for something ridiculous. This current passive is very thematic and effective. I would strongly urge you to keep it as it is, or improve upon it, rather than outright removing it. An enemy can't shoot at all with a gun they don't have.

Current Passive

Pros

• Works at any level.
  • Encourages enemies to group while under the effects of Radiation or Chaos. This lends benefits to your own AoE weapons and weapons with punch-through.
  • Flat out removes dangerous AoE weapons so they cannot be used. Example: Ogris.
  • Removes literally any weapon.
  • Removed weapons can't be used against teammates.
  • Easily verifiable as to whether or not it actually works.

Cons

• Requires abilities being used to function.
  • Works on RNG.
  • Doesn't work on Infested.
  • Anti-synergy with Mind Control.

New Passive

Pros

• Works all the time. Doesn't require abilities.

Cons

• Does not encourage enemy grouping while under the effects of Radiation or Chaos.
  • Leaves dangerous AoE weapons completely functional. If they explode near Nyx, it could still very well kill her. These can also explode near teammates and kill them.
  • The enemies can still shoot because they still have guns.
  • Does not help teammates in any way, shape, or form.
  • Works on RNG.
  • Doesn't work against Infested.
  • Gives less benefit in higher level activities. The sheer volume of projectiles will still have no problem hitting and killing Nyx.
  • Anti-synergy with Absorb. (Edit: Removed as of 12-12-2018)
  • Flat out doesn't exist when using Absorb. (Added: 12-12-2018)
  • Very hard to verify if it's functional, let alone its potency.

I may have forgotten some things here and I'll come back and revise it if I remember them.

In closing I will add this: On the occasion I do ESO(solo), I use Saryn. I run the EMP Aura because the Corpus deal insane damage and every little bit helps. I know people say that literally no one uses this aura, but I do. I can't really tell if it does anything, though. The problem is that if anything hits you at all you're likely dead regardless. Saryn is much tankier than Nyx with defensive skills, too. At lower levels, like many things, it doesn't matter. The sheer volume of projectiles makes accuracy unimportant. Any little thing will destroy you.

There are a few concerning points such as what Verethragna mentioned here:

14 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

I'm initially curious how Nyx's new passive will work with Absorb.

If the enemies have reduced accuracy, they may not be able to hit the absorb bubble to build your damage.

Also ArcKnight9202's post just above mine covers why the passive ability is a pretty significant change that should be considered carefully (especially if the % chance to miss is not very high). I do however think the change to the 4 is a pretty decent one, it would be a significant improvement if there was a tie into her mind control targets where they would guaranteed shoot the absorb to charge damage. Very important when running solo.

With the release of Revenant being the last straw so to speak Nyx's abilities have been becoming less and less unique in the game. It feels like everything does Nyx's job, and better at that. Just radiation status in itself is about the same effect. Loki and Oberon can proc radiation on a large scale, Nekros can raise enemies as allies, Revenant can make an army that just keeps growing, then of course there's just using any large aoe weapon with radiation or syndicate proc.

All these other warframes have a niche that they fill, while also filling Nyx's to a large extent. Revenant seeks to make all enemies minions because they are easier to dispose of with their powers. Put them all to sleep and blow em all up. Loki and Oberon have different different methods such as outright disarming all the enemies or slamming them on the ground. Considering that the mind control niche is Nyx's primary domain she just needs a little something to make it feel like she's still the top of the Psychic power niche in theme. Not more powerful than the other frames.

These changes look awesome and I really appreciate the effort to give these warframes a good revamp. Especially looking forward to Nyx's new power FX I think I heard about.

changes to nyx seems to be good

titania, well, not so much

addition of vacuum, when in razorwing mode, is good addition, but it's still chaneling ability with no energy regen, when energy is gone you are kick of from your archwing, and almost certainly are dead

good solution would be to make razorwing duration based ability, or, even better, innate part of her, like limbo's riftwalk, this change will make her very exiting to play

Liking' titanias' rework so far! Nothing over the top, only the bad parts on her kit have been adressed while the fun and special parts that make her special, and the reason I main her, like her passive and how her 1st and 4th skill works is left untouched, thanks!

I believe with those skill buffs she'll be fine in terms of skills, but she could use an energy increasse and lower casting duration... she is supposed to be mobile, not slow and clunky. (I have to use natural talent on her if I don't want to feel like I'm dragging myself through mud when casting skills.)

6 minutes ago, vkatz_ said:

Titania need some kind of 'pet buff' - i want take her for kuva + my buff kavat - but  i cant get buffs during flight... sad...

You do get buffs from your kavat when you're in razorwing.

Just don't forget that adarza's crit only applies to a certain area. If you are outside the range of that area it won't work. However, smeeta's global range buffs always work on titania, no matter if she's in razorwing or not.

The new mind control for nyx just isn't gelling for me.

Instead of pumping up our minions with a tigris prime to the head (it's so silly and ppl will find ways to expolit) couldn't the target simply grow in strength and eHP over time, based on power strength? The ability would also need a massive duration boost... or just remove duration altogether... something like Saryn's spore would be real nice - cast once and with a little maintenance can be kept alive and grow in strength until everything is dead or we lose control somehow.

You can do better than this.

Titania in razorwing can still crash her viewpoint outside the map, a problem archwing has as well. Her collision volume while in razorwing should be tweaked so this doesn’t happen.

To see what I mean, run a corpus map and crash into the ground or into floors.

All of her ability casts should be sped up because the still take a lot of time in combat.

Also how about cosmic crush by holding down 4? Constant altitude changes are still a bit of a drag.

on 2nd thought since tribute usually means diving in to grab the soul why not have a cosmic crush vacuum by holding tribute? energy and the soul at the same time would be pretty nice.

her melee is pretty weak but its like a targeting dash.. handy to get at souls but a buff to it might be nice.

Nyx:

New Passive: Well it's passive, so fat chance it won't turn enemies marksmanship into stormtrooper's.

Mind Control: Better than before, but why based on ours and not enemies? If the calculation based on multiplier / damage receive isn't it better to based it on enemy damage? Say it's lvl 100 sortie mob, cast, enemies turn and shoot the target = instant juggernaut. Bottom line is, target become an actual killing machine instead just another single target Chaos. Even better if it draws aggro like Rhino's Iron Skin or Nekros' 4th.

Absorb: Can be more specific on output damage type? Is it going to be override each other like Zephyr's 4th or they accumulate separately? Say incoming damage 50 impact - 50 puncture- 100 slash --> output = 50-50-100 or 200 slash only?

Titania

Auto loot for 4th, just perfect! :)

I like these changes, and they all sound like positive adjustments to Nyx and Titania.  However, I do have some thoughts and concerns:

• Mind Control's damage stacking sounds great, but I still have some questions.  Is it adding 150% damage per 2500 damage, or 50% damage per 2500 damage?  Is this multiplier subject to ability strength?  Is it only Nyx who can increase the Controlled target's damage, or can allies help out too?  What will become of Mind Freak?
  • I could use some more specifics on how exactly Psychic Bolts will work.  Will it still be a relatively small number of bolts, and not a true AoE (compromising by making it a cone AoE that aesthetically fires a bolt at each enemy in the cone would be great)?  Will it still target random enemies near-ish Nyx's reticle, as it does now?  Will there be an AoE when enemies are hit to help make the debuff more widespread?
  • I know it wasn't the most popular passive, but Nyx's disarm chance was still quite valuable to me.  Perhaps it could be added to Chaos, affected by modded ability strength?  Because the ability to disarm 1 in 4 enemies in a large area was helpful, and I will miss it. 
  • I'm honestly not particularly psyched about Nyx, a frame with 3 abilities devoted to getting enemies to not directly attack her, having a passive that...makes it slightly harder for enemies to directly attack her.  That's the one thing she's already got thoroughly covered!  I can't say I like the new passive.
  • Part of why I currently don't enjoy Titania is that her abilities have fairly long cast times outside of Razorwing, and all of them are full body actions that prevent movement, attacking, and reloading, making me feel like I MUST be in Razorwing the whole time or else be a sitting duck while casting her other abilities.  Any chance that some of her cast times will be shortened, her 1 and/or 2 will be made into one-handed actions that allow attacking, reloading, and movement, and/or that her 1, 2, and/or 3 be made into upper body actions that allow movement while casting?
  • Would be nice if Titania's 1 always gave her status immunity on cast, at least, given that that's one of its best qualities.

Archived