Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

chaos aug (chaos sphere) needs to change: it's not a sphere, it's a tiny band which can be easily evaded(gara has better wall), also it should be an area of effect, enemies spawn/get inside the aoe should be affected as well, it should not be exclusive to enemies touching the band.

the band shouldn't shrink, or at least has the full duration as chaos

I enjoy playing Titania but I almost never take her on mission. I have a bunch of frames that can do the job better so it will be great to see her reworked.

I'd like to see Titania be made really useful for Orb Vallis. Her abilities need to work for groups of enemies teleporting & dropping in in small clusters. After her questline, I think it would be appropriate that she would be great for Cetus & the Vallis.

TITANIA:

PASSIVE: current passive is crappy and does not work in Razorwing mode. needs a new one.

RAZORFLY EGGS: Killing an enemy with melee, in Warframe or Razorwing mode, creates an egg in the corpse. If a Razorfly drone dies, the egg hatches, replenishing the Razorflies. Eggs lasts for 30 seconds, and there may be up to 6 eggs at any time. Eggs need at least 6 seconds to mature before they hatch. They start maturing as soon as they are created, but only hatch if razorfly count is not maxed out. Titania may have one Razorfly around her active at all times.

TRIBUTE:

DUST: Becomes DUST DECOY. as an accuracy debuff, should create a static copy of Titania every second, at the position and pose she is. each new copy dispells the oldest one. Would give enemies another target, reducing the change they will target the real Titania. Advantage: works on enemies at any range. May stack up to 4 times.

THORNS: Damage reflection should happen before armor reduces damage. Should reduce incoming damage by 50% as well.

ENTANGLE: Add effect: Enemies hit by status procs from Titania's attacks at any distance also get entangle stacks.

FULLMOON: a-OK.

LANTERN
Add effect:

Bullet Jumping or Afterburning through a Lantern will "pick it up", tethering it to any Warframe or Titania in Razorwing, or Archwing, or K-drive. Any melee attack un-tethers the Lantern from the Warframe/Archwing/K-drive.

RAZORWING: a-OK.

TITANIA's WEAPONS:

If no secondary or melee is equipped, Titania may use her innate weapons in Warframe mode.  

So I've been thinking about my problem with Psychic Bolts' delivery method.

Would changing Psychic Bolts' delivery method to use Garuda's Seeking Talons,
either at the Natural Talent sped-up speed - due to not having her defenses, or affected by Range - for a larger starting area,
be a good thing?

1 hour ago, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

So a A+ band-aid rework for Nyx and a F band-aid for Titania....

This ^

I'm gonna be honest here, the so-called "Rework" is very lack-lustre and adds nothing to their kits, simple buffs and nerfs won't make anyone pick up the frames again, every other frame can do what Nyx and Titania better. I'll share my own ideas later, but for now just to get this point across, I doute any more changes will be done to them and they will remain as MR Fodder, but alteast its a start.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nyx

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

This is "somewhat" counter-productive to Nyx's Ultimate Absorb. I would say her Passive should be something that boosts her damage or converts damage recieved into energy (a passive Rage essentially) as this would synergize well with the drain her kit places on her energy.

Mind Control:

BEFORE:
Nyx picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration. The problem this had was the target never really felt... powerful.  

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

The target will have a 4-second wind up period to absorb your weapon damage which is on a multiplier to enhance its OUTPUT damage. For example only (numbers not final): every 2500 damage = 1.5x damage output of the target
We've also included better 'follow Nyx' behaviour to have the target stay with her.  

This feels really engaging in practice and adds just a bit more activity to your Nyx play - your targets become more valuable and you get to focus on weapon gameplay in the 4 second window to really pump them up! A Nyx should always choose their victim wisely. 

While this is an improvement. Even with the Augment the damage boost feels like it needs to be increased. Currently it still will be lackluster at later levels.

I found that I gave up on this ability (current edition) early game. Just wasn't worth it when a regular bullet does the job better. Additionally this change doesn't make me feel like using it either.

The enemy damage needs to be like a Companions once Mind Controlled or be linked to Nyx's overall max damage/ability strength value once linked.

Once charmed an enemy should become a threat that makes other enemies want to target it & not just brush off its spitballs.

Psychic Bolts:

BEFORE:
Nyx launches a cluster of force bolts at enemies, using telekinesis to adjust flight paths and seek nearby targets.
The Number of Bolts and Damage dealt, including a Radiation Status chance made up the entirety of this power.t wasn't unique enough and on its own, it didn't offer enough in high level missions.

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis. 

👍

Absorb:

BEFORE:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge that deals Magnetic damage. Magnetic Damage doesn't always perform well, and a single damage type doesn't really feel like an 'Absorb'.

AFTER:
Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge - but now we've made the damage type output dynamic based on incoming damage types. If it is fed in, it feeds out!

Absorb is a very unique power - when Augmented it allows for a completely different kind of play. Alone, Absorb gives Nyx immortality in a pinch and can CC with knockdown, but now we've just added another edge in giving it dynamic Damage. 

I want to make 1 change...

A significant percentage of all damage absorbed should be converted into energy. This allows Nyx to use her signature ability longer, with better effectiveness, and allows it to remain worthwhile as enemies grow in power. As many posters have mentioned...the ability phases out at high level gameplay due to how energy gets drained by the damage absorbed. Its caps out very early.

Chaos didn't get mentioned. But confusion doesn't do much. It needs to become some form of true debuff.

Titania

She needs a 100% rework. Not a tune-up.

I apologize for sounding rude or venomous but Titania even with the suggested changes is 100% not interesting or worth bringing to a mission unless the player wants to have a bad time. She died protecting the Silver Grove for a reason...and it's because she was a poorly designed Warframe.

I admit, I'm at a loss for how to fix her though.

1 hour ago, myuushii said:

The classic strawman. Not interested.

Don't start it then.

Titania was never bad as i said. 

She has decent survivability , her exalted guns hit as hard as Mesa's Peacemaker , decent crowd control and mobility. (granted all of that if you know how to mod her properly)

Just because a frame isn't press one button over and over to win doesn't mean its a bad frame. I used her on Sorties and high level Bounties with great results. She's one of my favorite frames, sure there are better ones but she is certainly not "lowest of bottoms" holds her own just fine.

If they going to improve her even further to be more accessible and appeal to more hmmm... casual types of players.

Give her new passive and tweak her CC/Buffing abilities to be even more effective.

Then all power to them just don't ruin her DE, please.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Lantern:

BEFORE:
Lantern was a single-target ability that could result in wildly bouncing enemies making it hard to achieve the core function of attracting witless enemies.  

AFTER:
Lantern can now be cast on up to 4 targets with better 'tethered' victims. You will be able to 'explode' all targets.

Please, please, make the enemies, with Lantern on them, stay in place. 1, 4, 1000 emenies, with lantern on them, are useless unless they stay in place to attract the enemies. Its ridiculously often that some aoe or other explosion makes them fly off into space. I love the idea of shooting them into enemies, but its not really workable. Or, just put a height cap on them. Best of both worlds. 

Nyx's new 'suggested' passive seems to have the same problem as before; i.e. not fitting her kit. 

Before: Disarming enemies meant they would take longer to kill one-another (as it took long enough already)

After: Enemies' inaccuracy would inadvertently make Absorb less powerful. ... Granted in a previous "Devstream" [DE]Rebecca mentioned her passive would be turned off during Absorb, but that wouldn't be consistent with it being a "Passive."        ...     (plus it just sounds weak... sorry)

My Suggestion?: [amongst the millions on this and other forums]: Why not make it work similar to Banshee's?   Her passive deafens enemies to anything she does or uses, but not to the dying screams of their allies. 

Nyx could simply go unseen by enemies throughout a level... UNLESS:

1. She stands too close to an enemy, or brushes up against them.
  2. Like banshee, She can't mute an enemy when she kills them; thus any alerted enemy would begin to actually "look for her" making it harder for her passive to work. 
  3. She's in a BIGASS LOUD AS HELL bubble that every enemy just gotta Shoot! ...

Additional Suggestion: Make her Absorb ability draw in more 'agro.'

This would be consistent because now she's actually looking to grab attention and fire away from allies, objectives, etc... along with making her passive more Dynamic! 

Also, (again, I'm sorry) Causing her enemies to be "Inaccurate" just doesn't feel powerful, it feels cheap. If she's supposed to be the "Jean Grey" of warframe and be telepathic, she needs to be able to force her will onto others. 

Main point: Her "will" or "passive" needs to be noticeable, fit snuggly into her kit, and be entirely hers. 

A passive needs to be an integral part of a Warframe's kit. Not an ad-on.      So with that in mind:

1. With my suggested passive her Mind Controlled target would gain all the attention.
  2. Psychic Bolts wouldn't necessarily draw attention to her, But that depends on what it turns into. (Current game logic dictates that removing an enemy’s weapon isn’t a cause for alarm, but damaging them is)
  3. Everyone gets their wish and Chaos would draw enemy fire to 'each other' instead of her.... UNLESS: [see list above]     

Interested to try out the titania changes but im a little skeptical that they dont do quite enough to fix some core issues.  

1. Cast times and animations: she has very long cast times for how few defenses she actually has other than an accuracy debuff.  This means you dont want to cast your abilities in fights which limits your choices if youre in a heated battle.  She also gets knocked around extremely easily in the air by arson eximi or other displacements and takes forever to recover which further drains your energy while you wait it out. 

2. Energy costs. These seem rather expensive given the need to frequently cast to stay alive while also trying to maintain enough for razorwing to be effective (which lets face it is why people want to play her), it also feels like razorwing itself ramps in energy cost rather too quickly forcing you to not be a fairy as often which is sad.  

3. Ineffective cc.  Assuming lantern still can float off randomly when shot,  even when it may only be a little depending on these changes negates its effectiveness at what it does since once out of range charmed enemies go back to what they were doing.  Maybe tether it in place,  only letting it move maybe 10 or so meters from original position,  that way you can actually defend with it

I find disarm more valuable than dodge chance, survive ability wise. If you disarm, enemy has no way of killing you with one shot. Dodge is a gamble. They dodged their shots? Cool, you are alive, but if a high level corpus lands that one shot, "u ded boi". Remove that "feature" that removes disarm on enemies that are affected by 'Mind Control'. Also disarm passive won't have a good synergy with her new abilities. As they will require enemy to shoot.

Also while Nyx consuming bullets/energy from enemy shots, not stop them like Neo did in matrix :D, how is that returning damage is the same that was shot. (it is just a thought about theme and lore :P)

passive: mentioned that i think her intended, new passive is not better at all and actually not needed on a frame which is supposed to have lots of CC/aggro diversion and invincibility...

mind control: would be really nice if we could give the mind controlled enemy commands so that it really is a mind CONTROL. these enemies are just too random to matter, no matter what dmg buff they receive.

psychic bolts: sounds good. have to see for details after the update but sounds fine to me.

chaos: chaos needed something more than just a non-radiation radiation procc.

assimilate: have to wait and see how hard assimilate gets "buffed" concerning dmg.

overall not too excited, sadly. i really like nyx and shes amongst those frames i regularly pick, aside the exceptional usage of saryn, so it kind of pains me a bit that i cant get excited about these announced changes.

since i neither care nor really play titania a lot, all i can say is that these "buffs" sound like bare bones to me and wouldnt make me play her. i wouldnt even try her out again like this.

My main complaint is that while Nyx buffs seem decent on paper with fitting changes to her powers that tie in on her overall theme, Titania is apparently getting screwed over again instead of getting an actual rework!

Spoiler

Meanwhile DPS monsters like Saryn got special teacher's pet attention and got made even more broken! (Yes I hate Saryn and how it was reworked, she needed reining in, not making her ever more lethal and effective while she was already overkill)

Titania's main problems:

- she's a frame with low stats and tipical caster fragility but doesn't get the corresponding high base energy reserve;

- all her defensive powers are severely unreliable being RNG based, based on static values that get rendered obsolete by enemy accuracy scaling, and in one case dependet on enemy distance, spending energy and resources on a coin toss with worsening chances is dissatisfying;

- punishing casting times and animation locks while out of razorwing mode - on an inerently fragile frame that needs to stay mobile to survive;

- Spellbind and Lantern are just 2 different aspects of the same power, put them in the same slot like you did Ivara and Vauban, and give her a new #3 power.

- Spellbind:

> has a self status removal component, but forces you to cast it in the ground to have that effect, let it affect Titania simply when casting without other targets under the aiming reticle like all other similar powers!;

> range scaling with modding is mediocre and enemy ragdolling get utterly ridiculous quickly, the inherent disarm conversely is quite useful;

- Tribute:

needs many more improvements than banal number tweaks. The reduction of tributes needed to achieve the full effect is a nice thing, that she needs to pick up "souls" to actually have the power do anything, on top of her abismal casting times is still stupid and insulting! All other frames cast on target and the target is affected, period.

> if you have to keep the pickup nature of Tribute make the "souls" susceptible to her Razorwing Vacuum at the very least! and add some utility to them, like an heal or an energy refund if absorbed while the corresponding buff is at full duration...

> Dust is her main defensive buff and it's mediocre due to being a reduction on enemy accuracy (and enemy accuracy scales with their level rendering the debuff useless quite quickly) in a limited area centered on Titania - Dust needs to be at least an absolute miss chance of 50% whatever the enemy accuracy stat and distance from Titania!

> Thorns like all damage reflection abilities is useless due to the disparity between enemy damage and their EHP, it should reflect damage mutiplied by a factor of 3x at least to start to be noticeable and it won't prevent players from being shredded anyway...

> Entangle is another case of not enough with frames like Octavia or Nova that can affect entire maps... 10 m rafius is useless especially with the advent of the new open maps

> Full Moon, at least you finally made it useful for Titania herself by including all companions and her Razorflies...

> All Tribute buffs don't improve in any way from their mediocre base effect with modding of her power strenght, duration or range - this is plainly bad and lazy design! fixed minimum effects are a godsend for sacrificing range in favour of strenght and duration for her razorwing at least, but all Tribute buffs fail quickly in usefulness with enemy scaling due to their fixed nature

- Lantern:

> it's attraction effect is useless as it works only on unalerted and unaggroed enemies so, if cast during a firefight, it's largely ignored, it also tend to float its victims towards the ceiling, out of useful range or it sends them straight into satelite orbit in the Plains and Orb Vallis - and it's just a variation of spellbind, not deserving of being its own power.

> just fold it into Spellbind and rework it like Ivara's Quiver, adding another pair of effects on it.

- Razorwing:

> two exalted weapons are nice, but her melee suffers from being single target only and putting her in enemies' reach, the future addition of a decent innate vacuum is a godsend because her current 3 m vacuum is actually scaled down to her diminutive size... and she's got a ton of issues;

> anti-archwing attacks target her with full accuracy regardless of buffs and passives even when out of Razorwing mode, and doing archwing scale damage to her, this was a stealth and cowardly nerf just right when her augment was released and makes the two places were she should shine Plains of Eidolon and orb Vallis, far more deadly than they should, please revert this as it is inexcusable; missiles meant to knock players out of archwing kill her outright like they "kill" by design archwings because there isn't the second layer of EHP of the vehicle protecting her;

> no way to renew razorflies without recasting Razorwing, razorflies should be separated in their own power as a new #3 due to their multiple effects (aggro distractions, sacrifical meatshields and extra autonomous Dps sources),

> razorflies health and number doesn't scale and die too easily to enemy fire and environment collisions!

> dependency on the augment and constant casting for decent flight and combat speed (resulting ina considerable extra energy tax to what should have been a fix to her base flight speed!),

> she gets unjustifably damaged from objects collisions (while useful to trigger Arcane Guardian some objects in the Void and elsewere are instakills!)

> going near the ground or any surface stops Titania dead in her tracks worse than flypaper for no apparent reason;

> reasonable casting speed for her other powers is forcibly tied into Razorwing as a form of energy tax! - make it her standard casting speed regardless

> scorporate razorflies and casting speed improvement (making it default for all her kit) from Razoring and in exchange reduce its energy drain;

> Razorwing passive 50% evasion ability suffers the same base problem from Dust: it subtracts from enemy accuracy instead of being an absolute % miss chance regardless of enemy stats, resulting in negation due to enemy scaling.

Considered the above you could even reasonably give Titania access to two different power kits (like Equinox) when she's on foot or in Razorwing, tweaking her power effects/behaviour depending on which form is she using.

TL:DR Nix tuning up looks good on paper, Titania really needs a lot more

So, how effective will Nyx' new passive be? By current "vague description standards" (e.g. Rakta Dark Dagger) it will be in the region between unnoticeable to useless.

The Disarming had at least some impact on the enemies.

Also, most of the (late game) oneshotters deal AoE anyways - squishy Nyx will die to them left and right since they now will hold on their weapons...

I like the Titania changes overall, but I have one small suggestion for Spellbind QoL. We're already able to cast it without enemies nearby get the status immunity, but we have to be mashing our faces against a wall or the ground to do so. Can it please be castable on allies and/or a self-cast when activated without a target?

give nyx a real passive please. This is not going to do any thing it wont let most vets play her more and higher lv aoe is still going to one shot you it is pointless if your enemies cant aim at you and if it apply to her ult it will take longer for you to accumulate damage in he 4 . also in a realistic fashion if i cant seem to hit a enemy why continue aiming at said enemy when i can aim at there objective i mean i wont hit them any ways. also this may make us see the problem in you AI pathing even more it has been a problem for years . If you Nerf spin to win there will always be some one to find out a way to hide behind a corner and kill millions of canon fodder and create a new cheese

I initially did not see this thread so I've moved my Original post to this one here:

So after taking a look at the ‘reworked’ Titania I have to say I was wholly disappointed as very little was done to actively changed her kit to make her synergize better. Essentially, she’ll have the exact same issues she has now but you’ll get her pointless buffs added along for the ride.

However, in the act of criticism, I figured I’d throw a proposed idea into the ring. My idea allows her to fill a unique role without making her a simple press 4 to win as she is currently. Honestly, I thought up a lot of this heavily inspired by Monster Hunter’s Insect Glaive as I think Titania could make use of a similar system while also allowing her to stick with the fairy theme as well as giving her a unique kit that isn’t just a copy+paste.

Passive: Mesmerized

While in Razorwing mode any enemy Titania comes close to will become mesmerized and follow after her (think lantern but centered on Titania).

Abilities

Flight of Fey

Energy 10

Summon a swarm of Razorflies at a target in range. Upon damaging an enemy target the Razorflies will carry a buff based on the type of enemy hit. Titania must then use her Flight of Fey again in order to recall the Razorflies and gain said buff. Razorflies will direct focus on an enemy Titania has attacked. If no target has been chosen Razorflies will attack the nearest target to their proximity. Razorflies can only hold one buff at a time with a two second lockout (meaning you’ll have two seconds to decide if you want the buff or not before it may change to another, tentative of course).

Razorflies damage comparable to current Razorfly damage.

Duration of buffs is the same across the board. 20/25/30/35.

Scales with Duration.

Flight of Fey targetable range scales with Range mods.

Buffs scale with strength

Light Units: -Enchanted-

Buff speeds up affected allies casting speed. 3/6/9/12% Casting speed (Hardcap at 50%).

Medium Unit:-Dust-

Aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around allies affected.

Accuracy reduction scales with Strength. -5/10/20/30% accuracy (Hardcap at 70% accuracy reduction).

Heavy Unit: - Full Moon-

Companions get an increase in Damage. This includes Titania’s Razorflies from her 1 and 4. 5/10/20/40% (With a maxed strength build should end up around 200% damage increase to a Sentinel/Kubrow/Kavat/Moa/Razorflies).

*This is the ability heavily inspired by Monster Hunter’s Insect Glaive. Similar to that weapon, this allows Titania to gain some offensive capabilities as well as give a minor defense option in the form of evasion. This will be further synergized with her new kit.

Spellbind

Energy 25

This one is largely the same as I think it’s one of her two most unique skills. This provides really good CC while working with her 1 as she can send Razorflies out to specific targets in the back to gather buffs faster. It also helps give her a breather at the start of encounters giving her time to gather said buffs. My improvements are slight buffs to increase the range.

Range 3/6/9/12 meter radius around the location she aims at up to 20/30/40/50 meters away. Scales with Range and Duration.

Tribute

Energy 50

Titania spreads the buffs she has received from her Razorflies to her allies and their companions while increasing their effects (Hardcaps still in place). The effect is multiplied for Titania based on the amount of acquired buffs. Once allies have been affected they no longer need to remain in Titania’s range to gain the effects. Scales with Duration and Range. Additionally, extends current buffs on Titania to match the duration of her Tribute (meaning if Titania’s Enchanted is at 10 secs, Dust 13 secs, and Full moon 7 secs after using Tribute they would all be reset to 30 secs).

Range 10/20/30/40 meters

Duration 15/20/25/30 secs

Titania buff multiplier:

1 buff +25% increase

2 buffs 35% increase

3 buffs 50% increase

**Here is where the gathering of previous buffs begin to make an impact. By utilizing her 1 and 2 you make her 3 a nice personal and team steroid. Additionally, the buffs still follow the hardcaps in place so players can design builds with certain amounts of strength to not ‘overcap’ while getting the amount of duration and range they are comfortable with. The idea of this ability is to capitalize on gathering her buffs via the Razorflies while still being a great boon to her allies. Additionally, by increasing her pets damage her Razorflies from her 1 and her 4 will begin to do exceptional damage while the buff is activated. For example, let’s say Full moon buff gives her Razorflies around 200% increase in damage. With the triple bonus that’ll net them a nice 300% damage bonus now making them formidable allies for the duration of her Tribute buff.

Razorwing

Energy 25

Largely the same. The idea is Titania will mostly be in her Razorwing mode but the energy drain from it and her other abilities won’t deplete her resources too quickly. Added effect is by recalling her Razorflies with 1 will replenish any damaged Razorflies summon (the 6 that are summoned upon use). Additionally, by being able to buff her Razorflies she’ll have some greater synergy with her own kit.

***So this is my proposed Titania rework. With the large idea being that Titania can still have access to her entire kit while being in Razorwing mode but also allowing the other 3 skills to work well without.

Please tell me what you think. I know a lot of this is too little too late but hey, maybe DE would consider it for down the road.

Thorns needs a change. As is you don't actually want enemies to be hitting you and actively have two (I believe) stacking accuracy debuffs plus two other abilities which stop enemies from using their weapons.And you have no armor to mitigate the hits you take. Then there's the fact that enemy damage tends to be pretty bad anyway  when turned against themselves (you just dealt with this with Nyx).

What I would propose is a is a debuff component- when an enemy gets it's damage reflected give them a 50% chance to be knocked down. That way if they do manage to hit you you actually have a reasonable retaliation instead of just a slap on the wrist.

I really appreciate the QoL changes coming for Titania but as many stated before, her support buffs, like reflect, just don't mix well with evasion...or really at all when you think about it. BUT! Titania is my second favorite Warframe and I can wait patiently for her Prime version and hopefully, a proper reevaluation of her niche abilities.

Tweaks:

1. Let the damage mind controlled enemy output the damage and status chance of your weapon because flat damage is still too weak against high level armored units, etc. and special enemies like ancients and Noxes who take much less damage.

2. Is it possible for the damage her absorb dishes out to be multiplied or can her energy consumption not rise and rise the more she takes damage? Her passive already lowers how much damage the assimilate would take and enemy damage against enemy health is very weak since their health pools are too large. Octavia 1+4 combo works well because it also multiplies the output damage it intakes. So I think this will really help nyx. Either her energy consumption shouldn't rise or the damage output should have a multiplier due to enemies having an accuracy debuff.

Archived