Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

I was hoping her reword was gonna make her more interactive and feel like a psychic. psychokinesis, teleportation, psychokinesis, psychometric, etc. The changes to mind control seem like they will be good, but everything else is kinda lacking and I feel a frame as old as her needs a lot more work/changes(don't want her to end up like ember). I still like chaos as an ability, but it overlaps too much with mind control thematically, and Oberon does they exact same thing, but better because of the the other stuff his hollowed ground does.

I am super excited for the Nyx changes, the amount of craziness she causes makes her one of my favorite frames and this looks really good. I am a little concerned about her 4th ability, as I would prefer it to do damage that adapts to the weaknesses of enemies, similar to Revenant's laser light show. 

However, I was hoping for a little bit more with Titania. I feel like trying to run her as a support buffing/de-buffing warframe is really hard and not worth the effort because of the existence of frames like Oberon and Trinity. I love her buffs but my teammates don't know how to play around her, meaning that most of my efforts are wasted. The other problem is running her as a damage warframe means you ignore all of her abilities but her 4th. My favorite warframes are the ones where you use all of their abilities in concert. 

Honestly, what I would really like for her is to give her the ability to regenerate energy by using abilities, similar to Trinity but less powerful. I was thinking that maybe Lantern will give energy to Titania and allies and detonating it early will release an energy pulse. Or maybe Tribute gives energy regeneration over time, but I find most of my teammates don't know to pick the soul tribute up. This would encourage her to use her early abilities more often and make Razorwing easier to get. I think that would make Titania a very welcome addition to any squad, as she can provide the ever important energy and control the enemy at the same time. 

Here's what I think:

Nyx's new Mind Control looks really good but in the endgame no matter how much damage enemies do, as long as it does not scale with our weapon damage it's tiny. How about instead of that the enemy taken over receiving the player's current weapon as a copy with all its built-in mods and stats. It would make for some interesting combinations like dual simulors that feed each other's vortexes.

Nyx's Psychic Bolts in this state could really be a game changer. Instead of disarm augment PLEASE do a "when X bolts hit a nullifier bubble it pops" one!!! (I know it's OP but I want something to deal with those stupid bubbles! ;)

Nyx's Absorb is good I think. Expected a bit more of a rework but I guess it's already powerful enough. Possibly give it a synergy: When an enemy dies by another enemy through any means within X range its hp are added to Absorb's damage pool in a random elemental type. It's hard enough for enemies to kill each other so I think this is balanced.

As for Titania's Lantern: Still feels a bit weak, though I could be wrong. How about this synergy: Razorwings deal equal damage, procs and effects to all targets affected by the Lantern. Titania's Razorwing weapons deal 20% of their damage to all enemies affected by Lantern (to balance it a bit).

Titania's Tribute sounds really nice. A lot less casting. I like that.

As for Razorwing itself: How about following: Razorwings deal anti-armor damage similar to how shattering impact does (stripping small amounts of base armor, intended for lategame). This way they actually have an use beyond level 30 or so.

Titania, a frame I was so excited for and still use occasionally, but let's be honest, she's fully reliant on her 4. Her 4 is good, but it's dmg evasion, two exalted weapons, and extream mobility. Compaired with her 1, 2, and 3, her 4 even broken up is more valuable than them.

I would love to see her have a exalted summoning skill without 4, maybe with a unique twist for not being in 4, and creating a powered shot while in 4.

I would love to see her have a independent defensive skill too, maybe utilizing her butterfly's as a form of bullet shielding, with it refreshing them in razorwing. I get Mesa and zephy have similar skills, but Titania is a evasive frame and plays differently than them; I fully believe this would singlehandedly make her so much more usable outside of razorwing as in high level missions she just takes too much dmg.

And lastly, support. Her best support imo is her tributes. Im interested in the changes being made to it, always hated the kinda randomness of it had though. It was always a waist of energy to me that could be funneled into razorwing.

At her current state, she's support, support, support, then defensive/power/cc/mobility. Very bad balance.

Hopefully this gets looked at, maybe I'm just too picky with her, but I love using Titania. I just wish she was actually more usable outside of razorwing.

Nyx changes sound good. If it could be improved, it could be added that Chaos-ed enemies do 50-75% less damage on Nyx herself.

Titania changes are not enough unless you shorten the animation time for casting her 2 and 3. And her 1 unless you make the AoE bigger. Single target CC is useless in this fast paced game unless you can instacast it. Even her 1 needs to be faster than it is now. Also, her razor butterflies die too fast in high level that they're practically non-existent. Either make them invincible or at least they get refreshed every time Titania casts ANY ability.

On 2018-11-29 at 5:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Psychic Bolts:

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis. 

Does that mean that if your Nyx has negative power strength their speed is increased like how it is with Novas Molecular Prime ?

I have to be "that guy" for a moment, but I promise to be civil.

Nyx: Good; loved her as she was, now she's even better.

Titania: Still my favorite frame, has been since Silver Grove released, and I still see some GLARING problems with your proposition.

Tribute: Thorns; if it worked more like Mesa's Shatter Shield (damage mitigation & status reflection) and less like Unairu's Passive, this would be a game changing ability. Thorns as it is currently being proposed, is so completely useless that it's not unfair at all to call it an utter waste of energy; if this is to be it, then I'd rather you'd just scrap Thorns all together and make it so that the same enemy types confer the Dust buff.

Full Moon: As of now, absolutely useless; As of Companion 2.0? Judgement pending. Companion & Razorfly TTK is pathetic; not worth consideration or investment. Another complete waste of energy. Maybe if it repopulated Razorflies, it might have some merit, but as it is presently being proposed, I will confirm for you now: It is neither needed nor desired and will have zero impact on gameplay.

Lantern: I gave up all hope of Lantern ever being useful a long, long, long time ago. This might work, depending on how well the tether restrains the targets (I swear I was the first one to use the term "tether" in conjunction to a Lantern fix), but given the limits of Lantern's CC (enemies can and still will shoot you and allies completely uninhibited) I don't see this being something worth building for; which means we're at underwhelming skill number three of four, and nothing really seems to have changed with Titania post-revisit. Also, charge-up mechanic? We haven't had enough of this (almost-not-quite) quick-fix? So now I can just stand in place to target a specific enemy, soaking up a barrage of bullets while I charge-up Lantern for-

...Oh wait, I'm playing Titania, which means I have precisely diddly EHP! Guess bullet soaking charge-up routines are off the itinerary. (Gawd, I can never NOT be sarcastic when addressing Lantern; I think this defunct ability gave me traumatic memories...)

Razorwing: So... When will we be able to hack consoles, open friendship doors, pickup power cells, REVIVE TEAMMATES, and in general: just play the game like any other Exalted Weapon toting Warframe? Also, when will Razorflies NOT be absolutely useless? They literally die within 10 seconds of activating Razorwing on any Enemy Level 50+ mission, and we're forfeiting our companion and all of its buffs for this? Not really a fair exchange if you ask me, and that's coming from a guy who rocks an Adarza Kavat on 75% of his loadouts. Razorflies would be far more relevant if they had some form of scaling mechanic beyond power strength (Razorfly Level/Damage/EHP scales with Enemy Level/Damage/EHP; or a Venari-like Moddable Exalted Companion slot) as well as a re-population synergy with Titania's other abilities (Example: enemies killed under the effects of Tribute's Damage Decrease Debuff generate a single Razorfly/Titania can only maintain a maximum of 6 Razorflies at any given time).

Vacuum doesn't fix the biggest issues Razorwing suffers; it's more of a trite convenience and less of a bandaid. You nixed collision self-damage, and that was a solid start; Can you PLEASE fix the rest of Razorwing's issues?

Finally, Titania's Base Stats & Passive: Just like Mag before her, Titania needs more energy; her survival depends on her ability to reliably cast; she is a caster Warframe; why does Titania have a god awful base energy stat of 100? It's not like her other stats are all that impressive (100 Health & Shields/65 Armor; yeah, Titania ain't exactly endowed with even mediocre levels of EHP). Give the poor girl a buff to her base energy stat, por favor.

Titania's Passive/Trampoline: It's not bad at all, except when you're in Razorwing, where it is completely useless. As a Titania main, I can confirm that I spend over 99% of my Titania playtime in Razorwing. No joke; I've activated Razorwing once at the beginning of an endurance Mot run, and didn't deactivate that initial cast until two hours later; where extraction's landing craft boarding animation automatically stripped me of my perma-Razorwing. And that was just one Perma-Razorwing occasion of many; though it has been my longest consistent stint in Razorwing since. Having a passive with an impact on Razorwing would be much appreciated. I mean, we're already losing our companions and our ability to interact with environmental activators/revive teammates when we trigger Razorwing; Are you guys okay with Razorwing taking our passive away too?

In Closing: I, and virtually every other Titania player builds exclusively for Razorwing, because it is the only skill in her entire kit that is worth so much as peanuts. This proposition hasn't changed that at all; even with the proposed changes, Titania is still going to be a sub-par support unit (Nothing Tribute offers is worth player consideration) and more than likely a mediocre CC unit ( I can list off 2 dozen other Warframes that are vastly superior in the Crowd Control department; Lantern may cluster enemies, but it doesn't inhibit them from shooting at you or your teammates/Ragdoll is DESPISED throughout the community for good reason; guess what physics mechanic Spellbind employs to CC enemies?). To make matters worse, anyone looking for a Warframe that can simultaneously buff & CC isn't going to choose Titania, even with these changes. Titania has neither the buff or guff required to compete with virtually every other Warframe on the multi-role roster. Nidus has healing and a Power Strength Buff to go with his incredible CC, TTK, & bulk; Oberon is in roughly the same vote; Frost with Augs is right there with them; so is Nezha, Rhino, Gara, Octavia, Inaros, HYDROID, Nova, Equinox, Volt, Mag, list continues...

Your current proposal isn't going to change Titania's player usage or desirability at all; Titania isn't capable of anything new or worthwhile; this proposal doesn't "improve" Titania; this proposal just makes her less inconvenient to use; Titania's only practical use is speed-killing the Hemocyte; the Hemocyte is event locked and only shows up every 6 months; Ergo Titania is still only useful for a brief week long window every 6 months.

That said, this proposal is still miles better than Vauban's revisit; but given community polls... That's not really saying much. Vauban's revisit made him objectively "worse"; subjectively, it made Vauban even more of a joke. This revisit proposal doesn't really make Titania better, it just makes her less of a migraine to manage.

Current Opinion: Frankly... I'd implore you to put Titania's revisit on the backburner for now, until someone like [DE]Pablo has time to sort out her issues. The direction of this revisit doesn't really inspire me with hope or excitement, rather it inspires me with the dreadful sentiment of "so this is what we're settling for?". After all this time, I truly do appreciate the consideration, but given what's currently on the table, I would feel far more encouraged to wait for a genuine Titania revisit; mayhaps released alongside Titania's deluxe skin?

Those two frames are at the bottom of the barrel in regards of played time for some good reasons. They need more than subtle changes. They need to be brought on par not only in terms of impact on the battlefield but in terms of having a meaningful, FUN kit to use, too. Wuite a few of their abilities are pretty bland and boring even if they had more power...

We need more reworks like the ones of Nezha and Saryn and less like the last Vauban one. And to be honest, the proposed one look more like the Vauban reworks

Nyx is awesome.I love her, and when I played way back in like 2014 she was the absolute first frame I gunned for. Here are my 2 cents, although it'll probably get buried or ignored since I'm a looney and these ideas are all super wild and untested.

"New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her."

Sure, sounds really good, but I expect the number will be low enough where it's inconsequential. Make sure this doesn't stack against an all Nyx-party and is individual, or every corpus mission will have to expect 4 Nyxs with EMP Auras and the most motor-skill deficient Corpus units to ever grace the light of day. 

Mind Control:
This is a stellar idea, but we have to question what role the target fills, and the fact that it's supposed to be more fluid. Since we're already working on a rework, would it be too much to ask to also add something similar to either what Khora has or to what Specters get, where you can make some very basic commands. Even better, if you click 1 again on an area that's not your target (or some other input that would be decent), then you could order them again. As we've seen a few times now, the AI is not exactly the best and will rarely (if ever) predict where you want them to be. Since Nyx's entire concept is Mind Control, adding any aspect of that would be awesome.

Psychic Bolts:
Awesome. Damage was never Nyx's thing, and this ability feels the most out of place of all of Nyx's, if I had to say one ability felt out of place. This buff (debuff to the enemies, buff to the ability) is super nice.

Absorb:

I'm not going to complain, but the point of Absorb was NEVER to do damage. Sure, it's a nice addition, but absorb was meant for survivability over all else. Although this is a welcome change because it's just a straight buff (magnetic is garbage more often that not), I think there would be more interesting uses of Nyx's kit if the absorb gave your next ability some power boon, like extra power strength on the psychic bolts or extra bolts or increased your chaos range or SOMETHING. This ability is awesome, but when looking at other frames whose kits feel strong and fun, I always prefer ones that have a very well-intertwined kit (Garuda, Saryn, Mag (sometimes...), Volt). One trick ponies like Titania (well what do ya know?), Atlas, and sort of even Revenant (you only really want to use the 4, let's be real) do not do as well, and with Nyx's 4 (especially augmented) being such a closed sort of ability, having the absorb shine in some way besides just an AOE explosion wouldn't be bad. If we're adding psychic bolts changes to make Nyx's support role more profound, then we could even consider Absorb coming out in the form of shields, armor, health, or even a damage buff for allies.

Overall Thoughts on Nyx:

I love that we're increasing Nyx's viability, but I wonder if there are other things that could be added/changed. Obviously, these changes would likely more than help Nyx's kit along, but I wonder if the addition of combos wouldn't be too much to ask. With Nyx currently, it seems like her chaos and her absorb are the abilities you build for, and even though psychic bolts is getting an admittedly very good buff, maybe making some semblance of combos would be excellent. Imagine if when psychic bolts struck enemies already afflicted with chaos, they turned into a mind control victim, gaining the stacked buffs the already hit mind control ally already has. Because Absorb prevents casting other abilities, it's clearly a stand-alone, but if you made Psychic bolts turn chaos enemies into mind controlled allies, then not only would you make the first 3 abilities immediately relevant to one anotherinstead of moderately independt, but you'd also enjoy a system similar to Saryn and her growing virus so that you're actually encouraged to go and use your abilities instead of walking around in an augment absorb or even just AFK'ing above the defense point. Of course, those will both always be valid, but I think if you want psychic bolts to feel more at home with the rest of the kit while also making mind control immediately relevant even with chaos builds, then something similar to that would be awesome. 

I have already posted some very long stuff here, but I just have one thing I want to say.

Can't Titania just be made into a proper Glass Cannon extreme DPS frame over what she currently does now with loads of redundancies and useless things?

Titania outside razorwing is unplayable after a point (wich comes rather quickly) and doesnt have enough incentive ti try with or without the changes.

Facing the truth it would be more reasonable to adjust her 1-3 to support her 4th ability.

Tribute sound interesting except Thorns. As said already its absolutely useless ib its current state. Frankly it feels offending. Let it remain but make it transfer status effects or a truly high version of built in hunters adrenalin (for example).

Razorflies shoul be replaceable. Either trough skilk usage or better automaticly overtime (quick replenish).

Titania max energy should be waaaaaaay higher. She is a caster and you are trying to give her finally usable 1-3 abilities.

9 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

1. an enemy with half a chance to hit you, can still hit you..... and if that hit can one shot titania, even at early lvls because she so squishy...... its USELESS.

2. enemies dont deal enough damage to themselves, Nyx's current mind control already shows this... also, after a certain point, if an enemy hits you, you will die. so this is USELESS.

3. the current aura is TINY. TINY! 10 meters affects so little as to be useless, and WHY is it not affected by power strength? Why cant we have a fast or slow Titaina?

4. So,  the  the damage of the sentinels and moas, is finally at half of where it should be?

where are the buffs that actually help your team? what about damage buffs? damage reductions? status cleansing? eximus aura stealing? infested ancient aura stealing?

Titania is supposed to be this odd support cc damage hybrid, but she cant do that, if no one cares if she is there supporting them.

First ability of hers, prevent status effect proc. But id take for status proc cleansing

Well, to whoever at DE deigning to read this thread: Titania needs much more help than an halfbacked numerical fix to abilities that were inadequate since her introduction in game.

Are you going to deliver or will you drop the ball again like every time you've announced "reworks" on multiple frames at the same time? Nix planned changes at least are thematic, but what's proposed for Titania is largely irrilelevant due to all the other problems that aren't being addressed.

Read this thread, read all the threads before pertaining Titania: she needs a complete overhaul on 2/3 of her kit since her introduction with The Silver Grove.

Also before concluding: let Razorwing mode have access to interactions, archwing in the orb vallis and poe already demonstrates it's perfectly possible!

I wouldn't know anything about Nyx, But I do know some stuff about Titania. So I will throw my thoughts in. Likely Bad thoughts, but hey, you are expecting feedback.

Base Energy is increased to 150. Much like many others in this thread, Titania is a caster frame with a really bad energy pool.

Animation speed: Increased for Lantern, mainly. Other abilities will be changed.

Passive: Now spreads in a trail behind Titania when in Razorwing! Fairy glitter! Falls to the ground to lower sight pollution.

Spellbind: Casting without anything on the reticle will selfcast, like many other powers. Can no longer be ground casted, Now targets a enemy or ally. Gives status immunity to allies, disarms enemies. No longer lifts. Has a Radius around the targeted enemy and allies. As an example, Casting this on a enemy will disarm them and force them into melee.Nearby enemies are also disarmed. This also makes allies have a disarm aura around them. Future augment idea: Re-adds the lifting CC, but works differently. Instead lifts the targets in the Radius effect, not the main target. Make the guy running into melee put his buddies sky high! That also means that those who try to hit you in melee go flying first when casted on yourself or an ally!

Tribute: Now sends a Razorwing drone at the enemy, still single target cast, but does all the normal razor drones stuff, like taking aggro. This drone is invulnerable. Flies to the enemy, steals the tribute buff then returns, Like the Insect Glaive from Monster Hunter. If your in razorwing when the drone returns, It'll lose the Invulnerability and become a new drone if there is less than 6. Buffs now scale with Power Strength and Power Dur, Base buff power Changes?. Change Thorns and Entangle, They don't work very much at all. Entangle comes from Strong enemies, Heavy Gunners, Corpus Techs... They seem to carry large Mag Size guns. Entangle is now a buff that gives more Mag Size. Needs a new name. Now is a 25% Scaling Mag size buff. Good for your Dex Pixia! Thorns comes from Melee enemies, but returned damage is really bad. I can't think of anything better then to change it than to a Shield recharge buff. Others who have posted will not agree with a shield recharge buff, but if your a dodgy frame, you might as well get extra effective hp from taking sustained fire. Still has the Homing rocket weakness, but I'm not here to make GODFRAME like many other posters. As an example, You send a Drone with this cast, It does it's damage and returns, you get your 50% dust as your changes, Warframe Devs. Grabbing the shield recharging buff will work like the shield charger mod.  A future augment is likely a health/energy/rare drop spawn/steal on this.

Lantern: Seems quite fine with your changes if I understand correctly. No longer feels really overlapped with my spellbind changes.

Razorwing: Add ease of use by allowing Rez, friendship doors, hacking. Same stuff with every one else's exalted weapons out. That does mean that picking up datamass and power cells will cancel razorwing like every other exalted weapon. I think. You can respawn drones with 2 now. Also, the new extra Mag size from 2 Does help the Dex Pixia. Diwata is fine when built CO Gas because of Razorwing Blitz, so i'm not going to ask for any buffs there. It's still worse than the Pixia, but well.

I'm a Nyx main that has spent roughly 40% of my overall playtime on her. If you've played other MMOs, crowd control has several flavors. Among the most well-known types are stat debuffs, movement modifiers, action/ability rate modifiers, and forced action modifiers. Currently, Nyx's kit only has forced action modifiers, and her rework will add armor debuffs via sacrificing a damage ability. Here's some things I think could be added to the rework to supplement her abilities.

[1] Mind Control: Allow her to extend the duration of the control of an enemy by holding down the ability key for 2 seconds, which will consume the regular energy cost, but keep the originally targeted enemy under her control. That way enemies don't expire right after the timer ends.

[2] Psychic Bolt: Besides armor debuffing, I think she should be able to toggle through various effects by holding down the key, much like how Ivara can switch her arrows.   

* Default: Armor debuff, as mentioned in the devstream. A defense modifier.
* Second: Slow debuff, as a movement modifier. Slow down enemies so they can be kited and more easily hit.
* Third: original ability, useful for probing and damaging enemies through walls and doors.
* Fourth: Taunt effect, force affected enemies to attack Nyx directly for a duration, and overrides chaos while active. Good for racking up damage with absorb.

[3] Chaos & [4] Absorb: Good as they were described in the rework.

Im kinda worried the new Nyx passive is just gonna be straight worse. Currently chaos disarms enemies which means they cant hit you or your team at all from range and after one or two casts thats mostly all enemies. The new passive would be a random miss chance for only Nyx herself? Scratch that, im confident it would be worse. One advantage of the Nyx passive is that you can keep some fire off your teamates which is kinda helpful once you stop farting around with Ember in Hydron or whatever and reach the ranges above 80 or so where enemies start doing damage. This would totally eliminate that. Not getting hit myself sounds good but not at such a great cost to team utility. What the hell. Please dont change it

The only time the disarm is kinda bad is if you maybe wanted an eximus or any stronger enemy to maybe do abit of damage with mind control

Already posted something like this in another nyx rework thread with some more stuff to it, gonna quote that

If i got this right the new passive would be a random chance for enemies to miss, and this would only apply to Nyx?

Unless this is gonna be really potent for Nyx (say an absurd 50% chance, like that would ever happen) or a weaker teamwide buff its gonna be worse than the disarm.

Disarmed enemies obvisously cant shoot you or your team which neuters Corpus/Grineer damage in a huge way. Then they gotta run up to other enemies to smack em which often distracts those enemies.Often you end up with clusters of enemies smacking each other which means they dont go for objectives and dps frames can mop em up more easily. So this is gonna be changed to a probably piddly chance that enemies might miss only myself? Do not want

Change to 1 i dunno? Some extra damage for mind controlled enemies? I mostly use it to get Bursas and Eximuses outta the way, the damage is a bonus. Dont know about other people but for me Nyx is a pure CC frame, others can do damage better. Just integrate mind freak into it or something 😛

Change to 2? Armor stripping or whotsit? Gotta admit dont use it much if at all, so im ready to be pleasantly surprised. If its gonna be power based its gonna be hard to integrate into my build, need that corrupted mod range and efficiency for chaos spam >:O

3 and 4 are fine

Guys, just calm down please. This is a common strategy from DE.
The only reason why Nyx and Titania get some changes is because their deluxe packages coming out in the next weeks and DE wants to ensure that the sales are high.
Same story with Vauban deluxe, or Mirage prime, Limbo prime and so on.
I don't know why DE is doing this kind of strategy but it seems to work for them.
Chroma Prime didn't got any changes because he is highly requested for Eidolon hunts. Mesa Prime also won't get any changes.

Also: The tweaks for Titania and Nyx are not from Boss Pablo himself.
So.. don't expect any awesome changes or that DE will take much of your feedback in consideration.

I am looking forward to Nyx changes, she is a nice frame and i hope she will be fun again.

But Titania needs a lot more love than this. I love her theme I would really like to play her more but she does feel clunky and slow. So here are my suggestions for her 

• Increase her casting speed
  • give her more Energy
  • 1st Ability : hang the enemies in the air so they don't float away all the time (much like the old Zenurik skill did)
  • 2nd Ability : the buffs should all have the same range and duration, so its easier to maintain them, focus more on the innate debuff and add the auras as a bonus ; the buffs itself need a look at, but enough players wrote what is wrong with them so I won't repeat it here :
    • make a large AOE around Titania (sending out a swarm of Razorflies) 
    • every enemy hit will deal less damage for a short period (currently 25% less for 12sec, which is okay; maybe make the duration longer the more enemies you hit, like Rhinos 4th Ability)
    • every enemy hit will be damaged (either the current damage or a slash proc from the Razorflies would be nice)
    • every enemy hit will have its soul extracted , the Razorflies will bring them back to Titania, so she can easily collect buffs
  • 3rd Ability : 4 Lanterns sound nice and if they are teathered to the ground will be nice to use
  • 4th Ability : Vacuum is nice, but i would prefer to have my pet/sentinel present
  • Passive : give her a swarm of Razorflies as a beast companion (seperatly moddable), the number of Razorflies could be depending on Ability duration, like Novas 1st Ability (up to twelve would be nice, as this many sit on her); this would make them more significant and probably resilent; if they die you can recast them with your 2nd Ability (get one back for every enemy hit); yes it would be another forma sink, but i would gladly take it if this makes her viable and I love her Razorflies, but they just don't do enough; they should prioritize targets "marked" by her 1st and/or 3rd Ability

I had an idea for Absorb. Maybe it could soak up a bunch of nearby ammunition drops and, when released, spit it into the faces of nearby enemies based on your equipped weapons and mods? It could just be added to the already suggested functionality. It avoids the problems of enemies not offering the types of damage that work best against themselves. It's still situational but it's a little extra bump.

It might be silly but it is called Absorb.

6 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I have already posted some very long stuff here, but I just have one thing I want to say.

Can't Titania just be made into a proper Glass Cannon extreme DPS frame over what she currently does now with loads of redundancies and useless things?

In Warframe, this is a terrible idea. The Dex Pixia already 1-shots anything level 100 and below; even at level 200, it's still putting out a higher TTK (not necessarily KPM) than Mesa's Regulators, and the gap only widens from there on out. You really can't improve on the ability to 1-shot everything with full-auto akimbo-style mininguns an hour into endless, so I don't see how altering the rest of Titania's kit for overkill is going to benefit her.

Titania is already a glass cannon (I'm assuming you don't know how to score 24K bleed procs from a viral/slash cratus Dex Pixia on the regular); where that DPS is most useful is in late game, where enemy EHP begins to vastly outclass Warframe DPS.

Problem is, everything at that level can one shot Titania, and given that Tenno are out numbered 20 to 1, Titania is being attacked so quickly from so many different angles that she doesn't have a prayer. Ergo: You can't use your DPS if you're constantly being killed.

Glass cannons don't work in Warframe; that's why Titania is bottom barrel. You don't need that much firepower in star chart, you don't even really need it in Sorties, and you can't really use it in Arbitrations because of Arbitration Drones deep-sixing Exalted Weapons. That's why Mesa shines; she has the survivability to actually make use of her DPS where it is most desired: in late game.

This isn't an MMORPG, this isn't WoW or LoL. There isn't a support unit/healer in every squad. Glass Cannons don't work in Warframe because the casual co-op infrastructure doesn't support that style of play. Warframes need to be able to support themselves independently; not rely on 3rd party intervention to be practical.

Sorry if this comes across as me kicking a dead horse; but every time I see a statement that begins with "Titania should be a glass cannon..." it becomes painfully obvious that the commenter has no idea how Warframe actually plays; nor are they even familiar with Titania, because she is EXACTLY what they pine for: an asinine amount of DPS all wrapped up in a fragile package.

The reason why Titania is disliked so much, is because she's a one-trick pony. Titania's one trick: being a GLASS CANNON.

51 minutes ago, Qamelion said:

Guys, just calm down please. This is a common strategy from DE.
The only reason why Nyx and Titania get some changes is because their deluxe packages coming out in the next weeks and DE wants to ensure that the sales are high.
Same story with Vauban deluxe, or Mirage prime, Limbo prime and so on.
I don't know why DE is doing this kind of strategie but It seems to work for them.
Chroma Prime didn't got changes because he is highly requested for Eidolon hunts. Mesa Prime also won't get any changes.

Also: The tweaks for Titania and Nyx are not from Boss Pablo himself.
So.. don't expect any awesome changes or that DE will take much of your feedback in consideration.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but the changes that happen when new skins are coming are (most of the time) welcomed. You as a developer wouldn't release a skin for a warframe or any character in general whose consensus is being underpowered unless you didn't care. Either way, I see it as them fixing a frame before adding new things to them but others will label it as some business strategy and when DE doesn't rework a frame when their prime version or deluxe skin, for some reason everyone's confused/disappointed.

Mirage Prime wasn't reworked with only a small change to her 2nd ability and changing her 4's animation to look like the trailer, it wouldn't have made a difference in the sales. Same with Vauban and Limbo, they changed Vauban's passive - many people were mad that he didn't get a rework. They changed limbo's stasis to be more co-op friendly because limbo primes were gonna be numerous as soon as he was released. 

I doubt Chroma not being reworked for his prime release is because he's meta for tridolon hunts. Those types of reasoning never stopped DE and Mesa did get any changes, it would most likely be her first ability even if she doesn't it won't put a hamper on her sales.

3 hours ago, Howtoshootgun said:

Im kinda worried the new Nyx passive is just gonna be straight worse. Currently chaos disarms enemies which means they cant hit you or your team at all from range and after one or two casts thats mostly all enemies. The new passive would be a random miss chance for only Nyx herself? Scratch that, im confident it would be worse. One advantage of the Nyx passive is that you can keep some fire off your teamates which is kinda helpful once you stop farting around with Ember in Hydron or whatever and reach the ranges above 80 or so where enemies start doing damage. This would totally eliminate that. Not getting hit myself sounds good but not at such a great cost to team utility. What the hell. Please dont change it

The only time the disarm is kinda bad is if you maybe wanted an eximus or any stronger enemy to maybe do abit of damage with mind control

Already posted something like this in another nyx rework thread with some more stuff to it, gonna quote that

If i got this right the new passive would be a random chance for enemies to miss, and this would only apply to Nyx?

Unless this is gonna be really potent for Nyx (say an absurd 50% chance, like that would ever happen) or a weaker teamwide buff its gonna be worse than the disarm.

Disarmed enemies obvisously cant shoot you or your team which neuters Corpus/Grineer damage in a huge way. Then they gotta run up to other enemies to smack em which often distracts those enemies.Often you end up with clusters of enemies smacking each other which means they dont go for objectives and dps frames can mop em up more easily. So this is gonna be changed to a probably piddly chance that enemies might miss only myself? Do not want

Change to 1 i dunno? Some extra damage for mind controlled enemies? I mostly use it to get Bursas and Eximuses outta the way, the damage is a bonus. Dont know about other people but for me Nyx is a pure CC frame, others can do damage better. Just integrate mind freak into it or something 😛

Change to 2? Armor stripping or whotsit? Gotta admit dont use it much if at all, so im ready to be pleasantly surprised. If its gonna be power based its gonna be hard to integrate into my build, need that corrupted mod range and efficiency for chaos spam >:O

3 and 4 are fine

The current passive maybe be good for team play but it works against Nyx's abilities mostly MC and Chaos. I've never liked.

But I do agree that maybe her new passive should affect her allies

Archived