[DE]Rebecca

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

They're good changes but I'm kind of worried they won't feel new or attract any more attention. They are definite quality of life improvements but it doesn't look like it will change game play for them very much or provide any real wow moments. 

• Upvote 2

The new Changes to Nyx are certainly a step in the right direction. However, her biggest debilitating change had to be energy loss during Absorb, rather than duration based with the option to explode early by pressing 4 again. Nyx loses all energy for very few enemies in high level missions, making absorb become unneeded and Chaos the only viable power. 

• Like 1

What about a new augment for her first ability called Juxtapose? Enemies attacked by the mind controlled target will become mind controlled as well, for the remaining duration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb -NightmareMoon-:

so this is going to be available this year or we have to wait another 6 months?

I would wait this long if the rework will then be viable. The rework for Nyx seems okay, it could be better but she is actually playable. But Titania needs a lot more love then the changes DE wants to make. I hope they read here and think about the communities concerns.

Interested to know when this is dropping, but figured I'd throw my hat in the ring...

Admittedly, I haven't played Titania much.  I picked her up yesterday and basically just binged nothing but Titania in all kinds of missions, and though I am no expert, I'd like to offer some critique.  This is also my first post on these forums, so... hey, how's it going.

First off... her razorwing needs the most current archwing controls instead of what it has now.  Like I can aim upward and hold spacebar and my razorwing will move upward relative to the camera, not to the world.  Like, at an angle.  This gets really disorienting and isn't a problem I have when I'm flying Archwing in PoE and Vallis.  It's also disappointing that I can't use a super mega turbo boost in razorwing by holding shift+spacebar like I can in archwing, but I guess that would nullify the point of the augment (and make her handling indoors even more chaotic and unruly) so I'm not gonna complain much there.

Secondly, Lantern.  I'm curious to see how the 'tethering' mentioned in the OP will affect things, but for right now, even ignoring its propensity to bugger off in bizarre directions, the attraction effect seems to just not work at all most of the time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Like, the wiki says enemies are 'pacified', but they all seem to walk toward the lantern while shooting at me and my team, and then when they reach the lantern they decide it's not interesting and go back to what they were doing.  Half the time, enemies won't even go toward the lantern at all, even if they're obviously within range and have a clear line of sight (and the 'attraction range' on mine is 29 meters, and having played Saryn for quite some time, I know that covers an entire tile).  Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?

Third, tribute.  I don't use it.  In order to use it I have to fly into danger and my razorflies only manage to draw fire for about 0.62 seconds before they're gone, so it's just not worth it.

Third and a half, someone mentioned razorflies regenerating instead of making me pop out of razorwing and pop back into it is something I like, though perhaps making razorwings scale is gonna be the best way to start because there is no flat increase to their health that will make them continue to be useful indefinitely.  Hydroid's tentacles do a fixed amount of damage that falls off really fast, but their CC and loot boost is just as useful against level 50s as it is against level 500s.  Even with the proposed changes from the OP, Titania cannot scale at all because her razorflies can't withstand a side glance from a lancer.

(Also if we could ensure that they're not completely wrecked by nullifier bubbles because the AI is dumb that'd be great too)

Fourth, Spellbind.  The ragdolling into the stratosphere is... whatever, I don't care.  Ragdolling rarely happens in my groups and I use this ability to make things stop shooting and it does its job well when there's not an ancient healer nearby.  What I would like, though, is for it to be just a "grenade" sort of ability, where it just... strikes where I point.  I don't care if there's no enemies directly under my reticle, let me just splash it on things.  Let me shoot at literally nothing just to make pretty sparkles because that's just the mood I'm in.  You let me cast Hydroid's barrage at absolutely bloody nothing, let me do the same for Titania.

Fifth, the exalted weapons.  They're a lot of fun, I just wish there was more tweaking I could do with them.  If I could turn Dex Pixia into a specific weapon type in the arsenal, I would love that, but I understand it might well be kind of a mess to set that up, so... I dunno, I'll just keep not understanding how things that aren't grenade launchers or shotguns work and then wondering how in the living hell I managed to get 30%+ damage contribution when I can't aim.

Sixth, her passive.  I had a whole thing here before about how she stops having a passive once you start using razorwing, but ultimately I think razorwing just trades a bullet jump passive for a literally flying and having drones draw fire passive.  At least, that's the way it SHOULD be, if not for the aforementioned issues of the razorflies dying the instant senpai notices them and the only way to get them back is to drop and reapply the ability.  Otherwise, the passive is fine and actually pretty fun to jump around Hydron with and vacuum up things while I wait for the doggone vacuum to just be patched in already.

Edited by GideonWilhelm
Edited to clarify a few things and add on to my final statement.

4 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:
so this is going to be available this year or we have to wait another 6 months?

It'll be ready when it's ready.

• Haha 1

On 2018-11-29 at 7:56 PM, -NR-SirLimbo said:

Here's what I think:

As for Titania's Lantern: Still feels a bit weak, though I could be wrong. How about this synergy: Razorwings deal equal damage, procs and effects to all targets affected by the Lantern. Titania's Razorwing weapons deal 20% of their damage to all enemies affected by Lantern (to balance it a bit).

Titania's Tribute sounds really nice. A lot less casting. I like that.

As for Razorwing itself: How about following: Razorwings deal anti-armor damage similar to how shattering impact does (stripping small amounts of base armor, intended for lategame). This way they actually have an use beyond level 30 or so.

1. Lantern becoming Anchorable and being able to get multiples of them down at the same time places her a step below Mag's 2.  It's the only change that will make her somewhat more usable in Mot (until 1-hit KO sniper Nullifiers spawn).
  2. Tribute is still a noob-trap.  Still will get the same usage out of it as I currently do (zero).  Accuracy is dependent upon range to target, enemy type and enemy level.  Good if you need Dust to survive while leveling her.  Redundant if you're camping with Lantern and thus a waste of precious energy on a very energy hungry frame (with a silly-low energy pool).
  3. Razorflies just need to respawn on headshot and perhaps scale with the stats of the enemy that they were spawned from.  Level-scaling that is active, skill-based and doesn't enable an AFK play-style.

Razorwing's Dex Pixia are the best scaling Exalted abilities on a frame that won't survive when that scaling is needed.  Why don't we use Diwata?  Because if you don't kill the enemy in one hit, you're right where most of the enemies are the most accurate, you don't get the benefit of scaling-melee mods and the stats are mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:
  1. Razorflies just need to respawn on headshot and perhaps scale with the stats of the enemy that they were spawned from.  Level-scaling that is active, skill-based and doesn't enable an AFK play-style.

I'd like to second this.

• Applause 1

I love that they are fixing tribute, that will be very useful. I feel you should have the option to have your lantern tethered (a tether toggle) though because i loved launching lanterns into the atmosphere. Thank you DE for fixin up titania though :) my favorite warframe.

Oh also no Operator out of Razorwing or interactions while in Razorwing.  Vacuum is very meh; I usually run dual Arcane Energizes and with her low Energy pool it will waste a massive amount of energy.

I love that they are fixing tribute, that will be very useful. I feel you should have the option to have your lantern tethered (a tether toggle) though because i loved launching lanterns into the atmosphere. Thank you DE for fixin up titania though 🙂 my favorite warframe.

Uhh, what's being fixed on it?  The damage reflect that will do .02% damage to the enemy's HP.  The accuracy debuff that is negated by enemy level scaling?

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist
  • Upvote 1

I will suggest some changes: 

Buff the Pacifying bolts augment for Nyx. They currently stun enemies, but if they receive another proc like blast, the effect of the augment will be lost. This means that if I have 200% duration, which would give me 20 seconds of stun, if the enemy receives a blast proc, he will fall down and start shooting at me after 3 seconds. Make it so that they return to their stunned state after standing up.

As for Absorb. Because the damage of Nyx's Absorb is supposed to be a psionic attack, instead of making it use the damage type that it received the most, why not make it so that it ignores damage resistance or that it deals true damage? After all, armor and shield means nothing against a psionic attack.

• Applause 1

Could Titania please have the base casting range of her abilities extended please?

The biggest issue i have with her is how close i need to be to enemies to actually cast any of her abilities on enemies/allies. Even building her for range to try and cure this downside still leaves allot to be desired.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-11-28 at 10:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Lantern:

BEFORE:
Lantern was a single-target ability that could result in wildly bouncing enemies making it hard to achieve the core function of attracting witless enemies.  

AFTER:
Lantern can now be cast on up to 4 targets with better 'tethered' victims. You will be able to 'explode' all targets by holding the Lantern cast.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...TETHER the target(s) to the floor....they are USELESS when they are floating AWAY from the enemy and to cloud 8.....

though that i explain some new features for the Nyx so that she can be more effective she can throw some smaller balls that are parabollic/used as damage dealing weapons that are conductive; this would allow her to challenge enemies and manipulate them through the use of ki/chakra, and other symbols to advoid direct confrontations keeping her a ninja away from damage when they are avaliable they can perform other actions, the channeling and chaos eye or manipulation would look something like the sharingan from naruto, nyx simply can pick up an energy orb nearby to keep the enemy/pact going longer, deafeating other enemies also could workout for something, but whats important is that she can control these orbs, the orbs are metallic and small like pinballs, many of them and they also have eyeballs for the animations, maybe other unlockables as the player gains levels with the nyx abilities can give her other tools to fight from farther away, crouched, and while sprinting to perform secondary fire, or gather her pet/enemy/spheres.

(NYX) Secondary Fire Mode - Sphere more than a chakratool, a granade and optional weapon -I was thinking that nyx can use the balls as a granade that can be used for other things  to distract enemies, trap, and damage as a pseudo weapon like a boomeran, my weakness is that once thrown usually it would have to be fetched from what i seen in the game its is a good settup feature for other of her abilities if anybody wants to elaborate or come up with useful functions, maybe we can weave this new tool as a frag or trap that she can leave behin is that she can throw it as a granade, thus needs to be reformated into something that could work for her scanners, and map to track and warn her from damage before it happens if you know what i mean.

• Nyx could get a granade/tool that can be used to conduct magic manipulation and damage enemies from a safe distance,  channel energy into a tool for trapping, throwing, and hidding she is a ninja, using a ball from far away makes her less vulnerable and secondary fire is usful for other trick magic, shes too obvious right now she uses manipulate and gets shoot 12 times before, so the main idea is to give her some space options so players dont have to choose to close range/deathe, >> afk >>>, ther has to be a way to not get caught: mindcontrol is strenghtened with tools, the balls can be thrown from close range or be left to trap and snare enemies, if you want to you can also throw them as a granade, the increased range allows for more creative options when playing with Nyx, Acid bolts range is too short, the Ball/spheres should make for a better toy and they have capacitors for mods/energy. Goal:  safer casting and reduced MP. Ki is chanelled to sphere, this allows her not to get hurt, thus chakrarelocation hides Nyx completely giving her  more eyes on the field and privacy, her short range combat can be reworked with long range/tools inmind and new features for melee and stealth gameplay.
  •  
Edited by (PS4)santospizarro
throwing spheres, used in conjuring and manipulation of nyx magic - casting manipulation indirectly to caltrop instead of at the target infront of the player, nearst to team-mate, etc. Nyx could choose to use them or leave them as traps, with R3 Secondary

I just wanted to pop in and say as a Titania main, I am so excited!! The new buff refresh will make it much easier to use her tribute, and I love that the one buff also affects the razorflies!

And I can't wait to have multiple lanturns.

I was worried that the changes would be drastic and make Titania a frame I wouldn't enjoy playing anymore. Thanks for giving her a polish but not drastically changing her <3

Please rework Tribute, its both anti-synergistic(accuracy debuff and then damage reflect without any tankyness to speak of... what?) and not useful(25% slow is, for all intents and purposes, absolutely useless, especially given its horrid base range; 75% more damage to companions is almost as useless because their AI is bad and aside from a select few sentinel weapons, they never do enough damage to justify a damage build).

The only even semi-useful thing in the kit is that accuracy debuff, and even that is mediocre as-is.

And please make the auras affect warframes, not enemies.

Edited by --RV--Cola
  • Upvote 1

Another thing that always bothers me about Titania is that you currently are forced to play with her exalted weapons, as she cannot really survive outside of Razorwing. Its not that I don't like her weapons, except design, but it is sad that I cannot use my own weapons if I play high end content. Maybe it would be best to split her 4th Ability into a survivability Skill and an Exalted weapon. And a rework on her Diwata would be nice, but i guess we will get one ones Melee 3.0 is ready.

14 minutes ago, Naneel said:

Another thing that always bothers me about Titania is that you currently are forced to play with her exalted weapons, as she cannot really survive outside of Razorwing. Its not that I don't like her weapons, except design, but it is sad that I cannot use my own weapons if I play high end content. Maybe it would be best to split her 4th Ability into a survivability Skill and an Exalted weapon. And a rework on her Diwata would be nice, but i guess we will get one ones Melee 3.0 is ready.

Her Diwata could use some love, but with the right setup, Dex Pixia absolutely SHREDS.  Being able to change to a different kind of weapon would be cool, but it could just as easily snap her in half with whatever other 'balance' tweaks they do to it to compensate for letting you carry a mara detron in fairy form.

4 minutes ago, llorange said:

Titania seems to bug out recently, the debuff does not have any effect on enemies...

Yeah, her lantern seems to be an issue for me as well.  Like it only seems to affect three or so enemies when you first cast it even though the range is supposed to be huge and there's no indication of a hard cap.  And her tribute debuffs have a pretty small radius so you have to get into danger to pick them up, then remain in danger to get use out of them while your razorflies get torn up like wet toilet paper... I just don't use tribute at all and I'd much rather it be reworked or turned into something else entirely.

Honestly the more I think about Titania's rework, the more I agree with Lifeof Rio's sentiment, "nah fam, take it back to the drawing board, just throw out the whole thing"

I do desperately want that vacuum in razorwing but everything else needs some serious fixing.

At the moment I just kinda wanna put police tape all around Titania and tell DE nobody goes near her until Pablo takes a crack at it.

• Upvote 3

Absolutely loving the sound of these changes. I've wanted to go back to using Nyx for a while now. As for Titania, I absolutely adore her BUT her Razorwing ability suffers from the lackluster appeal of Archwings mechanics. When I shrink down and fight I don't want some slow linear flight pattern. It makes using her boring. To where only the appeal or idea is what brings me back to her.