Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

10 hours ago, ZeroMR said:

Nyx's passive is bad, because enemy accuracy means almost nothing in the game. Other changes require more detailed information and testing. 

Titnia's "rework" looks like what she should be like after feedback and fixes from 2 years ago, when she was released. Can we expect a proper rework soonTM?

Actually, if the accuracy debuff for Nyx is 50% or more it is worth more than 1500 armor in high levels, because with Chaos it is already unlikely that you will get hit if you play smart and don´t go melee, and with the passive even if they shoot at you they will have a good chance to miss, especially if you keep bullet jumping around.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Vile Slanders:

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile a Titania revisit/rework that will satisfy as close to everyone as is feasibly possible. I'd offer credit to each Tenno who contributed to the thread by quoting their suggestions, but that would likely make for one catastrophic spaghetti post, and I'm not about that life.

I like your suggestion for her rework. More Razorflies would be better, but these are defenitely a great ideas and they would make her a lot more playable and fun.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

-snip-

This is PERFECT!

Only things I'd like to add:

Spellbind

• Holdcast to centre the cast on self (allows her to prepare status immunity and/or buff up Razorwing Blitz without having to be close to the ground/enemies).
  • Castable near loot, picking it up for her from a distance (maybe?). At the very least, let her "loot" Tribute-souls with it.

Tribute

• Picking up a soul grants her X energy, based on the cost of Tribute (negating a bit of its cost).
  • Picking up a soul grants X health for herself, all allies and all companions (including Razorflies) within Affinity Range.

Lantern

• The "pull in ragdolled enemies" suggestion, make that radius quite a bit bigger than the regular attraction radius, for further smoothness of synergy.
  • Maybe let Lantern slowly pull in loot too (at least client-side)?

Razorwing

• Allow Titania to use her Operator while in Razorwing (maybe?).

Read this, fumed, left for a while, came back with feedback.

Nyx

This will do fine honestly. 50% accruracy decrease isn't to keep you alive so much as to let you get away with a few mistakes. I will come back to this. The rest feels fine. No issues at all.

Titania

I love Titania, I love how she wants to be played, and I love her for way more than Razorwing. I hate that all I can use is Razorwing and her other abilities suck so much in comparison for rather small reasons in some cases, and big ones in others.

Spellbind

This ability has always been fine in my opinion, just needs a casting speed buff to 0.6 seconds and made into a one-handed action so we can shoot, reload, move et c. when using it. Otherwise it is a damn good bit of spot CC. This literally just needs casting speed and one handed to fix.

Tribute

My favourite ability on paper that has never been good enough, as this is in reality Titania's kind of neat stay alive power. This is where her survivability comes from the same way Mesa uses her Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery to stay alive in both a very obvious method (Damage reduction) and a less obvious method (weapon jamming CC), Titania has one ability that offers what appears to be multiple indirect stay alive methods, and not only that she gives their benefits to the entire party, which makes her a decent team play option.

In general

Apply the same casting speed buffs and one-handed action feedback from Spellbind. That would fix so much of this ability.

Make it so when you cast Spellbind on tributes, they jump directly to Titania so you don't need to run over and expose yourself to pick them up. That or just make them go to Titania instantly in general. They should also start at full buff power not needing multiple pick ups, as the proposed changes would do anyways.

The fact that this ability sends enemies flying, deals laughable damage, but it also debuffs their damage is nice as it adds to her ability to survive. Not by much, but some. All of these, not just damage, should benefit from power strength. Yes including the ragdoll cannoning it does. That is fun and I want to launch enemies to the moon. Give me a good reason not to let me.

On top of that all the Tribute Buffs should benefit from ability strength.

Dust

50% accuracy debuff is a mistake forgiver, you it helps you survive by letting you make mistakes with your constant dodging and avoiding of enemy aim. This honestly isn't that great unless compounded with a very mobile playstyle and a decent amount of skill at the game. Even then, it is passable at best. If this was changed to be affected by ability strength, at 200% enemies would just completely miss their targets, their best bet is hitting the guy behind you at that point, and up until then they would just be less and less of a threat, this could work. It just needs bigger numbers.

Thorns

Grant Damage reduction with the reflection, apply damage multiplier to damage reflected back (1.5x at 100% power strength for level 30 Titania). At 200% power strength this would give a mere, 50% damage reduction (not amazing still, but better, and can be compounded with Dust for staying alive) would deflect 25% of damage back at 1.5x the damage, 3.0x strength at 200% strength. This would make her survivable, and make the reflection worth it's damage. We are buffing Nyx because enemies aren't capable of killing enemies, why not buff this as well?

Entangle

Straight up allow mods to affect this. Range and strength would do fine here. Also have it affect attack speed not just movement speed. This would really help make Titania, and her allies have a damage easy time surviving and slaughtering enemies around her.

Full Moon

I am sorry, but without just making this do something completely different I see no fix, just allow it to benefit from mods and maybe my companions might be a decent DPS source one day.

Lantern

Oh look, you fixed it. So long as the AI paths towards it correctly it will be fine. Maybe let me shoot the lantern to store up damage as well before I detonate it and we got a neat ability that might have a use, somewhere maybe for damage, but as a CC the fixes proposed are fine, if a bit redundant when you have her Spellbind. Which yes I know Spellbind has a list of other effects beyond CC, this ability is just more CC that is persistent when she already has a lot of CC, give it the damage absorption and we are set to make it a damage/CC ability. Since Titania seems to want to be a CC/DPS hybrid might as well let her.

Razorwing

This is honestly fine, we all know it is fine. It is really good in fact. We know this. Just let it be. This ability is balanced against needing mods on a frame, and two exalted weapons, and the forma cost that comes with. I can live with that. This also helps her stay alive better and do even more damage. All is good here in my opinion. Maybe fuzz some numbers here and there, that is all, namely give her slightly more bullets, I would like more bullets. Vacuum is a nice addition. About all it needed really.

Add these as well as I like these and it was posted after I started writing this post, but I didn't see it cause short AFK in there.

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

Spellbind

• Holdcast to centre the cast on self (allows her to prepare status immunity and/or buff up Razorwing Blitz without having to be close to the ground/enemies).

Tribute

• Picking up a soul grants her X energy, based on the cost of Tribute (negating a bit of its cost).
  • Picking up a soul grants X health for herself, all allies and all companions (including Razorflies) within Affinity Range.

Lantern

• The "pull in ragdolled enemies" suggestion, make that radius quite a bit bigger than the regular attraction radius, for further smoothness of synergy.
  • Maybe let Lantern slowly pull in loot too (at least client-side)?

Razorwing

• Allow Titania to use her Operator while in Razorwing (maybe?).

For me with titania (though i haven't had her very long) my only problems are telling what the buffs are: sure i can spend several minutes googling "warframe dust buff" and scrolling through till i can find something useful or there could be a more useful indicator (as i said im fairly new to titania so there might be something and im missing it) for buffs like dust this isn't too bad since it lasts 2 minutes and is quite common but for the tentacles looking one that only lasts about 45s and is rarer it's harder to to keep going

Im less new to nyx though still newish

Firstly she needs a major upgrade to conclave usefulness i test ran her with a friend only to find her mind control does nothing chaos too and as far as i could tell her psychic daggers (her 2) did nothing either which just leaves her 4 which requires incoming damage to be useful and its way too easy to avoid by simply not attacking her till it runs out then stepping in for the kill (even her passive can't do anything since her 1 2 and 3 don't affect anything and her 4 is too expensive (preventing movement while both active and consuming lots of energy over time to deal 0 damage back) 

Granted her 1 seems rather powerful and broken just spam it on people to mess up their day but completely neutralizing the effects is too far the other way perhaps increase the cost or reduce the duration, chaos and mind bolts seem fine as they are though chaos being like radiation but guaranteed and via an ability (allowing her passive to activate) perhaps some glitching on the hud some shadow enemies randomly showing on the afflicted players vision to make it a bit better

Outside of conclave i think nyx could use a slight buff to mind control perhaps allowing more than one enemy (at increasing energy cost per additional vict-i mean friend) or more control over its actions: while its great being able to take a tough guy and make him my friend for almost a minute (heavily modded) tge friend usually runs off killing other people when i need/want them to stay or follow me (though the option to let em run around is nice) 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

For me with titania (though i haven't had her very long) my only problems are telling what the buffs are: sure i can spend several minutes googling "warframe dust buff" and scrolling through till i can find something useful or there could be a more useful indicator (as i said im fairly new to titania so there might be something and im missing it) for buffs like dust this isn't too bad since it lasts 2 minutes and is quite common but for the tentacles looking one that only lasts about 45s and is rarer it's harder to to keep going

Im less new to nyx though still newish

Firstly she needs a major upgrade to conclave usefulness i test ran her with a friend only to find her mind control does nothing chaos too and as far as i could tell her psychic daggers (her 2) did nothing either which just leaves her 4 which requires incoming damage to be useful and its way too easy to avoid by simply not attacking her till it runs out then stepping in for the kill (even her passive can't do anything since her 1 2 and 3 don't affect anything and her 4 is too expensive (preventing movement while both active and consuming lots of energy over time to deal 0 damage back) 

Granted her 1 seems rather powerful and broken just spam it on people to mess up their day but completely neutralizing the effects is too far the other way perhaps increase the cost or reduce the duration, chaos and mind bolts seem fine as they are though chaos being like radiation but guaranteed and via an ability (allowing her passive to activate) perhaps some glitching on the hud some shadow enemies randomly showing on the afflicted players vision to make it a bit better

Outside of conclave i think nyx could use a slight buff to mind control perhaps allowing more than one enemy (at increasing energy cost per additional vict-i mean friend) or more control over its actions: while its great being able to take a tough guy and make him my friend for almost a minute (heavily modded) tge friend usually runs off killing other people when i need/want them to stay or follow me (though the option to let em run around is nice) 

Conclave is balanced separately by a different team, and many abilities suffer changes entering it.

Mind Control: The target cannot harm Nyx, as well as capture or steal Cephalons. Sees opponents as teammates and teammates as opponents. Additionally, the target doesn't see the enemy symbols above the enemies' heads. Nyx' allies cannot see the enemy icon on the affected target as well, but the mind control particle effects are visible. 6s duration. 20m cast range.
Psychic Bolts: Fires 6 bolts. 34 damage.
Chaos: The affected targets see all of their allies marked as enemies, enabling friendly fire. 20 sec duration, 20m range.
Absorb: Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that energy into an explosive radial discharge. 12m explosion range. Gets 100 more damage each second channeled. 25 cast energy cost, 20 drain rate.

As for Titania buffs you can them up here by hitting ctrl-f typing in "Titania" then clicking on the link in the buff name and just reading it all there, after that it is a matter of memory commitment, there is no where in game however I can think of that explains this as nicely.

https://semlar.com/buff

I checked the link spent about 5 minutes looking and found the names but no description of what the buffs do i know dust does something for 120s but what does it do

8 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Conclave is balanced separately by a different team, and many abilities suffer changes entering it.

As for Titania buffs you can them up here by hitting ctrl-f typing in "Titania" then clicking on the link in the buff name and just reading it all there, after that it is a matter of memory commitment, there is no where in game however I can think of that explains this as nicely.

https://semlar.com/buff

As for the abilities: sure changes i can understand and i believe i suggested changes that keep the players' experience similar but maintaining Balance within conclave 

What i got was complete removal the actions happened but there was no energy colour from my hand to the opponent no damage no glowing opponent or anything just energy consumed

I tried conclave as limbo before thinking his ability to enter the rift would prove invaluable...turns out conclave has the rift remove the rifted players shields and anyone can still hit them however i found i could banish then drakgoon them for an easyish kill that's different it still does stuff just not the same stuff

Ive tried a bunch of frames in the conclave and most are different in terms of abilities but nyx is flat out removed

And the buff would have run out 2.5 times in the time it took me to find the page that still didn't have the details finding them in my leisure isn't my concern finding them during a mission while its active is far more important: lets say for whatever reason my team wants crap tons of energy and i believe that titania can get one buff allowing that i want to be able to quickly check while buffs are active what it does so i can advise my team on how to proceed

Taking the converse if my team wants as little energy as possible but wants damage buffs i want to be able to confirm that any energy buffs are deactivated again while the buffs are active

There's no point to the buff if i don't know what to do to maximize its use and as a result there's no point to the ability

Usually i research a frame and reccomended builds etc during its 3 day crafting and the comments on titanias buff system weren't very hopeful (could just be internet hate but i can't comment cuz idk what they do except thorns (cuz its obvious) and the other obvious ones like "damage increase") again i could spend 5-10 minutes browsing the web or i could request that the upcoming update corrects it even if it simply adds more detail in the pause screen (e.g i press the pause button and its sitting just under where the pic was saying "more loot" or "energy vamp" etc)

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

I checked the link spent about 5 minutes looking and found the names but no description of what the buffs do i know dust does something for 120s but what does it do

Click the blue text below the tribute names. It will link you straight to the description on the wiki. Which takes you to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tribute. It isn't hard to find.

• The Dust aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around Titania by 10% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% reduced enemy accuracy.
  • The Thorns aura will reflect 5% of the damage taken back to the attacker, up to 40 meters away, for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% damage reflection. Any allies within 35 meters around Titania will also benefit from Thorns' damage reflection.
  • The Entangle aura slows down enemy movement within 10 meters around Titania by 5% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% slower enemy movement.
  • The Full Moon aura increases the damage companions deal by 15% for 90 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 15%, up to a maximum of 75% increased companion damage. Any teammates within 30 meters around Titania will also benefit from Full Moon's effects, increasing their respective companions' damage.

On 2018-11-29 at 2:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

isn't this counter-intuitive towards absorb?

i do like 'new damage type' for absorb, hope you guys didn't change the original Absorb much, i do like her as it is but need some buff this and there.

Absorb ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward.
2. Non-restrictive movement (with augment Assimilate applied) enable movement 'ONLY' bullet jump and sprint (other movement hovering, rip-line, and wall latch is disabled).
3. Removal of movement speed de-buff 'Assimilate' without changing original absorb 'Assimilate' range de-buff (i.e.: 50% de-buff radius).
4. Slight increase from original like 10m to 18m, without change 'energy per second' values from 'Old' Absorb.
5. Rearrange Absorb range center from Nyx's abdomen to Nyx's Feet (like Nullifier Bubble) so that increase range she could protect squad
6. Reduced Absorb SFX and animation (had to change to black energy colour so that could focus hitting enemies better, pretty distracting i would say) (Nullifier Bubble seems nice not too distracting with extra animation like 'Old' absorb did)

Psychic Bolts Ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward.
2. have two mode auto (auto seek enemy) and manual (seek enemy based on Tenno crosshair).
3. Adding timed de-buff around 5s to 8s (disappear at death) of bullet attraction with radius of 8m at any 'one' 'Random' Body Parts (RNGesus) attract any Bullet/Projectiles from friends or foes since Rebecca change Bolts theme from killing into de-buffer.
4. Do not add Charge to increase -Values-

Mind Control Ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward and it is damn good rework!

Chaos Ideas :
1. Reduce chance effected enemy, targeting allies.
2. Adds forced enemy's red minimap like ' Sense Danger '
2. Remove Nyx Astral Model or change into Radiation effect, increase Ally visibility.

I love Titania, she's one of my favorite frames and I think the new changes are going to be nice adjustments but there is one thing I hope you can fix as kind of a quality of life thing. When I'm in razor wing mode and I hit a focus orb, there is this big blur for my entire screen everything goes out of focus for like a second or two pretty much to the point where you can't make out a target from the wall. Given that focus orbs are there to give you the opportunity to do some mad dash killing for a few seconds to gain focus this cannot be an intended function, it doesn't happen on any other frame that I've seen and it really messes me up when I'm trying to play.

10 hours ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Click the blue text below the tribute names. It will link you straight to the description on the wiki. Which takes you to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tribute. It isn't hard to find.

• The Dust aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around Titania by 10% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% reduced enemy accuracy.
  • The Thorns aura will reflect 5% of the damage taken back to the attacker, up to 40 meters away, for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% damage reflection. Any allies within 35 meters around Titania will also benefit from Thorns' damage reflection.
  • The Entangle aura slows down enemy movement within 10 meters around Titania by 5% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% slower enemy movement.
  • The Full Moon aura increases the damage companions deal by 15% for 90 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 15%, up to a maximum of 75% increased companion damage. Any teammates within 30 meters around Titania will also benefit from Full Moon's effects, increasing their respective companions' damage.
  •  

I did i checked the wiki and included that in the time perhaps it cuz im using my phone but my point still stands we shouldn't need to google what our ability is doing for us it should have the effect somewhere even if its just something like "reduced enemy accuracy" or "damage reflected" or "slowed enemy movement" 

this stuffs a real problem for me cuz most the research i do is on my phone which doesn't let me open the folded sections of the wiki like the trivia section usually id just bear it but theres an update coming so why not say about it either the names of the buffs need to be made a lot clearer or the effect of it needs put somewhere accessible like the pause menu

i don't think im asking that much just a little more info in game about the buffs im getting

10 hours ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Thanks for the info though but like i said we shouldn't need to waste half an hour browsing google for info on a buff that lasts 90s-2mins it should be accessible in game and quickly

Was trying to find a screenshot of my version of wiki to post for ya but it wants a url not a screenshot

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

Thanks for the info though but like i said we shouldn't need to waste half an hour browsing google for info on a buff that lasts 90s-2mins it should be accessible in game and quickly

I don't understand why you'd have to waste half an hour browsing google.  I typed 'warframe wiki' into google, clicked a link, then typed 'tribute' into the search bar there and the first result is a link directly to the ability with all the information you could possibly need.

I kinda think this should be more heavily-publicized information.  The Warframe Wiki is one of the absolute best and most comprehensive game wikis ever made.

edit: you can also just type "warframe titania" into google and click the wiki link and then click 'abilities' and scroll down.  Fifteen seconds to get what you're looking for.

edit2: I agree though that it'd be nice to have a bit more information in-game.

On 2018-11-28 at 8:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nyx

Nyx is one of our earliest released Warframes, making her appearance in the Closed Beta version of Warframe! Since that was more than 5 years ago, we are taking the time with this rework to also completely re-do her audio as well. Still rooted in what we know, we'll be updating her sound library to 2018 standards. Your ears are in for a treat!

Now, onto the powers.

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

I really do like most of the changes with how NYX is being reworked. Mind control might actually be viable now which is awesome because I actually try to use it to cause some kind of CC and it works out rather well other times it kind of falls flat but now this might change that.

Psychic bolts is being reworked we'll see how that goes it looks good so far.

Absorb looks Spectacular Now.

This passive doesn't need to be on this Warframe in fact I would say this is designed for Mesa more than anybody. I would suggest instead a Insanity field that grows by 1 meter up to 12 and has a Decay rate of 5 Seconds per stack up to 12. Enemies that enter the insanity field what instead have one of three effects happen to them

1: Nothing. They have a chaos like stun and then move on.

2: they start firing on their own people and in the case of the infested become a personal minion until death because you have otherwise convinced them that your hive mind is stronger. Because lephantis lore.

3: they start screaming and end up in the fetal position and take bleed damage from their head and the psychic pressure having a complete meltdown 1940s insane asylum Style. 

This properly would define Nyx as a psychic frame and go with her kit of causing disorder and chaos with now a touch of insanity. I would really hope that this makes it to the Warframe making her extremely unique in playstyle.

vor einer Stunde schrieb NyxSilence:

This properly would define Nyx as a psychic frame and go with her kit of causing disorder and chaos with now a touch of insanity. I would really hope that this makes it to the Warframe making her extremely unique in playstyle.

I hope it does not, insanity does not fit Nyx, she is a mind controller, but she is not insane...

10 minutes ago, Naneel said:

I hope it does not, insanity does not fit Nyx, she is a mind controller, but she is not insane...

Never said SHE was insane. What's happening to the people around her is. Controlling someone's mind and telling them to fight their own people is pretty insane. Casting chaos to confuse everybody and make them fight each other is kind of insane, almost like its CRAZY PERSON coming at them. And even the slang form of the word insane is used for absorb how the enemy can't seem to do damage to her but she seems to just reflect it back. 

(Edit) I just remembered the existence of the grineer manic. Manic is the deviation of the word Mania which is also a synonym of insane. So if you were to tie this in the grineer attacking each other would make it look like they were manic or even insane which is the same word essentially.

insane

adjective

in·sane | \(ˌ)in-ˈsān  \

Definition of insane 

1a(1): exhibiting a severely disordered state of mind : affected with mental illness

(2)law : affected with insanity(see INSANITY sense 2)criminally insane

b: unable to think in a clear or sensible way : CRAZYinsane with jealousy—not used technically

2: used by, typical of, or intended for mentally ill people

On 2018-11-28 at 4:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mind Control:

BEFORE:
Nyx picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration. The problem this had was the target never really felt... powerful.  

AFTER:
Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

Little suggestion. Can we have a toggle on that skill? Like aggressive (will attack anything close by) and passive (will only follow the warframe).

Its similar to the Khora's kavat.

everything certainly looks better than it currently is. i assume the goal is minor adjustments that achieve improvement.
however:

• what about the Damage intake nerfing that Absorb got? will its almost complete incapability to take in Magnetic Damage be undone (a terrible bandaid at the time that should have been Damage hosted from another Absorb rather than an entire Damage Type)?
  • Spellbind and Lantern are still basically the same Ability. isn't this the opportunity to merge them and make a new one? they really share almost complete functionality with each other.
    • it's more than just small adjustments but it seems like a waste of an opportunity since it's so..... critical, if you will?

10 hours ago, taiiat said:
  • Spellbind and Lantern are still basically the same Ability. isn't this the opportunity to merge them and make a new one? they really share almost complete functionality with each other.

I've seen this quite a lot, and while I do agree they are similar, I don't think they should be merged (at least not yet).  While new opportunities could be opened up by merging them, I think I've got a solid idea of the design intentions.

Spellbind is an AoE nuke that instantly stops everything in its area from shooting while making allies immune to statuses.  It's a snap-of-the-finger CC (that Titania herself should get the immunity benefit from regardless of her position relative to it) that can just lock down a pack of enemies right where they are, and with lower-level weapons can present opportunities to just push those enemies away.

Lantern serves a similar purpose in stopping enemies from shooting, but it's not as snappy and it's a little more expensive.  In exchange, now that the lantern will be tethered to the ground, enemies will group themselves up and suffer some damage while you or your team nuke them to kingdom come with aoe weapons and abilities (put a zenistar on top of it and go make a sandwich).

Spellbind is used to stop enemies from moving and shooting, Lantern is used to direct enemies into killboxes.

While it would be handy if they were merged (like, just having Spellbind be something else and Lantern be what it is except it also makes allies immune to statuses in its attract radius), I'm concerned that it would bring a host of other "balance" changes that could bork the frame.  If Pablo gets involved, I'd probably be more comfortable with it, but otherwise... let's just see how these changes feel.

ALSO DE PLEASE DON'T SLICE LANTERN'S RANGE IN EXCHANGE FOR BEING ABLE TO CAST FOUR OF IT

3 hours ago, GideonWilhelm said:

I've seen this quite a lot, and while I do agree they are similar, I don't think they should be merged (at least not yet).  While new opportunities could be opened up by merging them, I think I've got a solid idea of the design intentions.
Spellbind is used to stop enemies from moving and shooting, Lantern is used to direct enemies into killboxes.

If Pablo gets involved, I'd probably be more comfortable with it, but otherwise... let's just see how these changes feel.

two different ways to skin a cat, but still skinning a cat. the features of both could be made to work together, allowing the Ability to both be a distraction type CC and just straight up CC.
and to protect Allies.
it can offer both at once, without making them conflict with each other. Energy Cost is of limited consequence in this game but pick your favorite of making both Casting modes 50E or have different Costs depending on whether you Cast the Spellbind half or the Lantern half.
it's gonna be a necessity at some point, as ultimately no matter what Stats get changed or what small adjustments are made, it's impossible for Titania to have more than 3 useful Abilities because one Ability is currently using two buttons.

what makes you think only one person works on __ things? i can assure you that in a game this size, nobody ever does. it's always a team effort. always.

Archived