Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

Recommended Posts

The only thing I could really ask for that would make me really enjoy playing Titania, would be making her Razorwing more reminiscent of the archwing used in open-world levels. While the afterburners aren't essential, the current system when flying has this really janky bouncy kind of movement and I would just wholely appreciate the consistency when using archwing-style flight. This change would make it totally worth formaing her two weapons and herself to me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyx's passive is bad, because enemy accuracy means almost nothing in the game. Other changes require more detailed information and testing. 

Titnia's "rework" looks like what she should be like after feedback and fixes from 2 years ago, when she was released. Can we expect a proper rework soonTM?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, normally when I hear a frame has a major problems I go into things like Sorties, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and, as of recently, Arbitrations to test them out. Typically I find that those issues are grossly exaggerated and can be fixed with QoL updates or that the frame is just being played completely wrong.  

I tested that last night with Titania because I rarely play her compared to most frames (I switch frames almost every mission).

Ermahgerd! Her issues are as bad as people say. The most glaring issue was that the casting times were terrible. After exiting the mission I immediately went to put Natural Talent on her, only to be horrified to find it was already on her. Even trying to rely on cc in high level missions was a death trap because it takes so long to cast anything. 

Aside from that, Spellbind and Lantern are still somewhat redundant (in the exact same way that Bastille is to Vortex and Shooting Gallery is to Shatter Shield). There's hardly a reason to use one over the other in any meaningful way, given the practicality of actual gameplay, aside from the nuances of the secondary mechanics of those abilities. That may become even more noticeable with the new ability to cast Lantern on multiple targets.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

So, normally when I hear a frame has a major problems I go into things like Sorties, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and, as of recently, Arbitrations to test them out. Typically I find that those issues are grossly exaggerated and can be fixed with QoL updates or that the frame is just being played completely wrong.  

I tested that last night with Titania because I rarely play her compared to most frames (I switch frames almost every mission).

Ermahgerd! Her issues are as bad as people say. The most glaring issue was that the casting times were terrible. After exiting the mission I immediately went to put Natural Talent on her, only to be horrified to find it was already on her. Even trying to rely on cc in high level missions was a death trap because it takes so long to cast anything. 

Aside from that, Spellbind and Lantern are still somewhat redundant (in the exact same way that Bastille is to Vortex and Shooting Gallery is to Shatter Shield). There's hardly a reason to use one over the other in any meaningful way, given the practicality of actual gameplay, aside from the nuances of the secondary mechanics of those abilities. That may become even more noticeable with the new ability to cast Lantern on multiple targets.

I agree. Titania is only good for pure Razorwing gameplay, where you'd like to stay in buttefly mode 90% of the time. That is her only survival, and her only DPS ability. However, as enemies grow in level, so does their accuracy. Titanias +50% evasion will sadly not do much to save her.

I've tried CC like you and skipped Razorwing except in mobility or panic cases. It IS a death trap. She'll often be dead or have taken a lot of damage while casting her abilities. You can probably use Tribute and Spellbind for various situations while you are in Razorwing, but that'll sink your energy pretty fast. You'll need that energy more to stay in Razorwing for your own sake of survival.

Edited by Mabitude
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mabitude said:

I agree. Titania is only good for pure Razorwing gameplay, where you'd like to stay in buttefly mode 90% of the time. That is her only survival, and her only DPS ability. However, as enemies grow in level, so does their accuracy. Titanias +50% evasion will sadly not do much to save her.

I've tried CC like you and skipped Razorwing except in mobility or panic cases. It IS a death trap. She'll often be dead or have taken a lot of damage while casting her abilities. You can probably use Tribute and Spellbind for various situations while you are in Razorwing, but that'll sink your energy pretty fast. You'll need that energy more to stay in Razorwing for your own sake of survival.

I typically try to avoid depending on Exalted weapons except for emergency situations but with such slow casting times it was the only reliable survivability in high level. Obviously that created a unique complication in Arbitration where, like other Exalted frames, she had to leave that mode to kill Arbiter drones. That doesn't bother me. Unlike other Exalted frames that disabled her survivability with it.

I didn't comment on her Tribute only because they are fixing the major issue of how tedious it is to build up, and I didn't bother testing the effectiveness of each of those buffs in high level content so I'll just take everyone else's word on those. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I typically try to avoid depending on Exalted weapons except for emergency situations but with such slow casting times it was the only reliable survivability in high level. Obviously that created a unique complication in Arbitration where, like other Exalted frames, she had to leave that mode to kill Arbiter drones. That doesn't bother me. Unlike other Exalted frames that disabled her survivability with it.

I didn't comment on her Tribute only because they are fixing the major issue of how tedious it is to build up, and I didn't bother testing the effectiveness of each of those buffs in high level content so I'll just take everyone else's word on those. Lol

Well, as you probably know, the current problem with Tribute is how spammy it is. There are 4 different buffs. You try to get them 4 times each to get the most of it. You may already see a giant problem in this. You are required to cast Tribute up to 16 times in a relatively short period. The base energy cost for one Tribute cast is 50 energy.  That means you need to use 800 energy to gain full potiential of your Tribute buffs. With 30% efficiency, it becomes 560 energy, and with 75% efficiency it becomes 200 energy.

That is a ridiculous lot of energy. If we take the tweaks into action, the needed energy would only be 200, 140 and 50 in respective above efficiency. Which is a lot better so thats a good sign. I however think with this in mind, maybe it can help Titania to survive better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile a Titania revisit/rework that will satisfy as close to everyone as is feasibly possible. I'd offer credit to each Tenno who contributed to the thread by quoting their suggestions, but that would likely make for one catastrophic spaghetti post, and I'm not about that life.

First thing I wanna address is gonna come across as unpopular until further into the build. Nix Vacuum on Razorwing. Why?

Because we're going to turn Razorflies into the Moa equivalent of Venari. Yup, an exalted companion that is only available to Titania when Razorwing is engaged. With the ability to mod Razorflies as we do any other companion, we can resolve a couple of glaring issues with the current build: namely, we can increase Razorfly damage output and EHP; yeah, I'm suggesting that companion mods such as Maul, Bite, & Hunter Synergy should be applied to Razorflies to improve their damage output, as well as either Beast's Link Shields/Health/Armor or Sentinel Shield/Health/Armor mods to improve their EHP. Razorflies will also be able to utilize Sentinel support mods like Vacuum, Coolant Leak, Medi-Ray, Shield Charger, etc, etc, to make up for the loss of Companion support in Razorwing form.

This will also allow the player to tailor their build to their specifications; seeing as Vacuum can adversely impact any build utilizing Arcane Energize. With the freedom to choose to utilize Vacuum or not, moddable Razorflies cover an expansive roster of community concerns.

Now onto the next question: How do we resolve the issue with Razorfly re-population? Well, as a former contributor suggested, we make Razorfly regen a part of Titania's passive, henceforth referred to as "Queen's Decree"; each fallen Razorfly has an individual timer of 90 seconds before it revives itself at Titania's current position, much like Djinn's Reawaken augment. This is another dual purpose solution, as it adds an effect to Titania's passive that is SPECIFICALLY relevant to Razorwing. Trampoline can only be utilized outside of Razorwing, while "Queen's Decree" is only of use during Razorwing (technically the countdown to revive would still be active outside of Razorwing, so if you deactivated Razorwing with 3 Razorflies on their countdowns to revive, and then reactivated Razorwing before the countdown expired, you'd still only have 3 Razorflies and you'd need to wait out the Timer for the other 3 to repopulate).

On top of that, I'm going to press for an increase to Titania's base Energy Stat. Increasing Titania's base energy pool to 150 would be a welcome change. Given how often she has to cast in order to keep her survivability in a practical state, having a larger energy pool could relieve some of the energy maintenance pressure. This would also permit for Quick Thinking builds, which could afford Titania with a fairly significant increase to her dismal EHP.

Alrighty, now onto Lantern & Spellbind, and I'm just going to directly cut these from my original post:

Spellbind:

After having read some suggestions in this DEVworkshop, I think it would be fair to improve the cast speed AND give Titania the status immunity buff independent of Spellbind's AoE. Even if Titania is positioned a mile away from the targeted area (say, because she's flying about in in the air), she should still benefit from Spellbind's full effects.

Lantern:

Say we adopt a tether, because that seems to be what DE is proposing (which is exactly what we've been asking for). Number of Lanterns is of no concern to me, but let's suggest that we only get  a maximum of 1 Lantern. Now I want to propose an ability Synergy for Lantern. Spellbind; enemies in a ragdoll state (I.E. affected by Spellbind) that are also within Lantern's attraction perimeter gravitate towards Lantern's core (I.E. the hapless schmuck Titania turned into a lure); upon death, Spellbound enemies release a radial Spellbind, re-applying the effect for its remaining duration (Similar to Equinox's Calm & Frenzy Aug). This will allow Titania to "control and contain" Spellbind's hovering ragdoll effect, while improving Lantern's ability at clustering enemies together into a central location.

This should massively improve both abilities CC capabilities with a synergy, so now Titania can actually fill the roll of a CC frame.

Now onto Tribute, and again, I'm gonna start with another self plug for addressing Dust's scaling issues:

Dust:

Dust is of limited use because of enemy accuracy/RoF scaling, and it is totally negated by homing weaponry (hello Billy Bombard). Dust's 50% enemy accuracy debuff is completely negated around enemy level 80. I can't describe to you how great of a disappointment this is. Dust has the potential to be one of the BEST, if not THE BEST late game team defensive solution, but it is utterly defeated by late game enemy scaling.

The Tankiest of the Tanks get rekt by enemy damage scaling, and the only way to counteract the damage scaling, is to not take damage in any form.

Total damage negation; no fine print in the footer. It's what makes Volt's shields mandatory for endless play. And Dust could be just as valuable, if it only negated damage independent of enemy level. Which is why I think the algorithm needs to be changed from "reduces enemy accuracy" to "negates damage received".

Let's say that Titania is actively under fire with a max 50% Dust buff; though rather than reducing enemy accuracy by 50%, Dust instead tallies strikes on Titania's hitbox; 50% of these tallied strikes have their damage negated.

With this adjustment, Dust's 50% "Evasion bonus" is applied universally; completely independent of enemy level. Ergo, Dust is just as viable at enemy level 15 as it is at enemy level 4000.

Dust's evasion bonus should also be applied additively to Razorwing's Evasion Bonus for balancing issues; this way enemy projectiles have to get passed two separate 50% damage negation tallies in order to register a hit. This prevents Titania from ever achieving 100% Evasion, and it diverts from the practical nullification of either evasion bonus that would occur from implementing a multiplicative model.

Yes, I've heard the "Say no to RNG buffs" argument before, I've heard the whole "50% chance to get totally rekt" track, but the fact is that in endless: a 50% chance of avoiding damage translates into a 50% increased chance of not getting 1-shotted. And Dust can apply that to the whole team.

That is a sizable buff to the party's longevity, and I can whole heartedly advocate for that kind of an increase.

Alright, now for another contributor's suggestion regarding Thorns:

Thorns:

BEFORE

Reflects 25% of damage taken back to the attacker up to 40 meters away.  Allies also benefit.

AFTER

Enemies within 30 meters of Titania will deal 1%/1.5%/1.7%/2% (based on ability rank) of their max health as true damage every second to other enemies within 3 meters.

This doesn't really seem like much, the distance between enemies would have to be really short... but consider choke points, large packs of enemies moving through doors, and when enemies are affected by the new stationary (at least, it sounds like it will be) lantern, they should be bunching up pretty tightly, giving a pretty great synergy with her 3.  The range will also be consistent with the other buffs.  I stole the health percentages from Hydroid's puddle.

Entangle:

BEFORE

Slows down enemy movement within 10 meters of Titania by 25%.

AFTER

Slows down Melee enemy movement and Ranged enemy attacks by 30-50% within 30 meters of Titania.

Like I said above, I don't want to stray too far from what the ability already does.  An alternative could be a damage reduction or max health boosting aura as Titania is extracting an offering from a heavy unit, but that wouldn't quite fit the 'entangle' theme, and I couldn't decide on an actual number to propose.  Again, consistent range.  At least this option makes more sense in terms of survival.

Thank you @GideonWilhelm . Now onto a "compromise" for Full Moon, just because no one really knows how to make it attractive...

Fullmoon: 

75% damage buff AND 75% damage resistance applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies.

The addition of increased companion EHP should offset community ire at this otherwise wholly impractical buff; especially for those Tenno who insist on using Sentinels not named Carrier Prime. This should also offer a notable increase to Razorfly EHP/Damage, which will increase their effectiveness in lategame.

Alright, now for the final bit, and I'm just gonna dump the last self-plug for it.

Razorwing:

QoL changes desired: the ability to interact with consoles, revive teammates, pickup fuel cells/kuva catalysts, capture fallen Capture Targets... you know, basically everything we can already do in Archwing?

Making her other 3 abilities cheaper to cast while in Razorwing (say abilities cost 33% less energy to cast/have Faster Casting Speed while Razorwing is active) would also relieve some serious casting restraints imposed on a channeling ability Warframe that can't utilize Rage/Hunter Adrenaline because of its sub-par EHP.

As for the evasion bonus? Razorwing keeps that. Consider it some MUCH needed compensation for forfeiting the ability to dodge roll and constantly being exposed to enemy fire from all sides (including below; oh the nuances of aviation combat!).

In Closing:

I believe that these changes should address the vast majority of Titania's shortcomings, as well as carve a fairly distinct niche for her in the meta without making her overpowered; making her far more appealing to both her current fans and new players. While I understand that converting Razorflies into a moddable Companion entails additional Forma investments on a frame already equipped with 2 Exalted weapons, it really does strike me as the ideal means of addressing the community's concerns regarding forced Vacuum & Razorflies' lack of practicality. The pros vastly outweigh the cons, and I think that qualifies as an objective statement.

If I missed anything, or if something comes across as obscene, unnecessary, or underpowered, please expand on this. Here's hoping that DE doesn't mind putting a bit more effort into Titania's revisit, but as a longtime Titania main and an endless player, I can say with confidence that this build would satisfy all parties involved, while staying true to the Dev's intended purpose for Titania.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders
Me no grammer/syntax; Engwish my bad verily!
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile....

Wow, umm.... that is one big af post you made there. I couldn't bother reading through your entire overview but I'm sure you got some good stuff to say, lol

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there please be a change to Spellbind so targets that leave the casting area of Spellbind still receive the buff? The issue it has is, if you cast it on targets and then allies, enemies or Titania herself leaves the area, the spell will simply be cast and no targets will be affected.
 

As for Nyx, will she receive faster and less clunky animations? The main problem when playing Nyx was her Absorb casting animation when ending, she would just take too long to explode and then get back onto being able to move, really locks her down while using it.

Edited by ScytodiDaedalus
Forgot something to add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZeroMR said:

Nyx's passive is bad, because enemy accuracy means almost nothing in the game. Other changes require more detailed information and testing. 

Titnia's "rework" looks like what she should be like after feedback and fixes from 2 years ago, when she was released. Can we expect a proper rework soonTM?

Actually, if the accuracy debuff for Nyx is 50% or more it is worth more than 1500 armor in high levels, because with Chaos it is already unlikely that you will get hit if you play smart and don´t go melee, and with the passive even if they shoot at you they will have a good chance to miss, especially if you keep bullet jumping around.

 

Edited by HolySeraphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 57 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Vile Slanders:

Okay, I've been going over all the community suggestions and trying to compile a Titania revisit/rework that will satisfy as close to everyone as is feasibly possible. I'd offer credit to each Tenno who contributed to the thread by quoting their suggestions, but that would likely make for one catastrophic spaghetti post, and I'm not about that life.

I like your suggestion for her rework. More Razorflies would be better, but these are defenitely a great ideas and they would make her a lot more playable and fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

-snip-

This is PERFECT!

Only things I'd like to add:

Spellbind

  • Holdcast to centre the cast on self (allows her to prepare status immunity and/or buff up Razorwing Blitz without having to be close to the ground/enemies).
  • Castable near loot, picking it up for her from a distance (maybe?). At the very least, let her "loot" Tribute-souls with it.

Tribute

  • Picking up a soul grants her X energy, based on the cost of Tribute (negating a bit of its cost).
  • Picking up a soul grants X health for herself, all allies and all companions (including Razorflies) within Affinity Range.

Lantern

  • The "pull in ragdolled enemies" suggestion, make that radius quite a bit bigger than the regular attraction radius, for further smoothness of synergy.
  • Maybe let Lantern slowly pull in loot too (at least client-side)?

Razorwing

  • Allow Titania to use her Operator while in Razorwing (maybe?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attention to Titania is appreciated, but Tribute Thorns needs to go. Thorns is just ridiculously useless in every situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read this, fumed, left for a while, came back with feedback.

Nyx

This will do fine honestly. 50% accruracy decrease isn't to keep you alive so much as to let you get away with a few mistakes. I will come back to this. The rest feels fine. No issues at all.

Titania

I love Titania, I love how she wants to be played, and I love her for way more than Razorwing. I hate that all I can use is Razorwing and her other abilities suck so much in comparison for rather small reasons in some cases, and big ones in others.

Spellbind

This ability has always been fine in my opinion, just needs a casting speed buff to 0.6 seconds and made into a one-handed action so we can shoot, reload, move et c. when using it. Otherwise it is a damn good bit of spot CC. This literally just needs casting speed and one handed to fix.

Tribute

My favourite ability on paper that has never been good enough, as this is in reality Titania's kind of neat stay alive power. This is where her survivability comes from the same way Mesa uses her Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery to stay alive in both a very obvious method (Damage reduction) and a less obvious method (weapon jamming CC), Titania has one ability that offers what appears to be multiple indirect stay alive methods, and not only that she gives their benefits to the entire party, which makes her a decent team play option.

In general

Apply the same casting speed buffs and one-handed action feedback from Spellbind. That would fix so much of this ability.

Make it so when you cast Spellbind on tributes, they jump directly to Titania so you don't need to run over and expose yourself to pick them up. That or just make them go to Titania instantly in general. They should also start at full buff power not needing multiple pick ups, as the proposed changes would do anyways.

The fact that this ability sends enemies flying, deals laughable damage, but it also debuffs their damage is nice as it adds to her ability to survive. Not by much, but some. All of these, not just damage, should benefit from power strength. Yes including the ragdoll cannoning it does. That is fun and I want to launch enemies to the moon. Give me a good reason not to let me.

On top of that all the Tribute Buffs should benefit from ability strength.

Dust

50% accuracy debuff is a mistake forgiver, you it helps you survive by letting you make mistakes with your constant dodging and avoiding of enemy aim. This honestly isn't that great unless compounded with a very mobile playstyle and a decent amount of skill at the game. Even then, it is passable at best. If this was changed to be affected by ability strength, at 200% enemies would just completely miss their targets, their best bet is hitting the guy behind you at that point, and up until then they would just be less and less of a threat, this could work. It just needs bigger numbers.

Thorns

Grant Damage reduction with the reflection, apply damage multiplier to damage reflected back (1.5x at 100% power strength for level 30 Titania). At 200% power strength this would give a mere, 50% damage reduction (not amazing still, but better, and can be compounded with Dust for staying alive) would deflect 25% of damage back at 1.5x the damage, 3.0x strength at 200% strength. This would make her survivable, and make the reflection worth it's damage. We are buffing Nyx because enemies aren't capable of killing enemies, why not buff this as well?

Entangle

Straight up allow mods to affect this. Range and strength would do fine here. Also have it affect attack speed not just movement speed. This would really help make Titania, and her allies have a damage easy time surviving and slaughtering enemies around her.

Full Moon

I am sorry, but without just making this do something completely different I see no fix, just allow it to benefit from mods and maybe my companions might be a decent DPS source one day.

Lantern

Oh look, you fixed it. So long as the AI paths towards it correctly it will be fine. Maybe let me shoot the lantern to store up damage as well before I detonate it and we got a neat ability that might have a use, somewhere maybe for damage, but as a CC the fixes proposed are fine, if a bit redundant when you have her Spellbind. Which yes I know Spellbind has a list of other effects beyond CC, this ability is just more CC that is persistent when she already has a lot of CC, give it the damage absorption and we are set to make it a damage/CC ability. Since Titania seems to want to be a CC/DPS hybrid might as well let her.

Razorwing

This is honestly fine, we all know it is fine. It is really good in fact. We know this. Just let it be. This ability is balanced against needing mods on a frame, and two exalted weapons, and the forma cost that comes with. I can live with that. This also helps her stay alive better and do even more damage. All is good here in my opinion. Maybe fuzz some numbers here and there, that is all, namely give her slightly more bullets, I would like more bullets. Vacuum is a nice addition. About all it needed really.

 

Add these as well as I like these and it was posted after I started writing this post, but I didn't see it cause short AFK in there.

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

Spellbind

  • Holdcast to centre the cast on self (allows her to prepare status immunity and/or buff up Razorwing Blitz without having to be close to the ground/enemies).

Tribute

  • Picking up a soul grants her X energy, based on the cost of Tribute (negating a bit of its cost).
  • Picking up a soul grants X health for herself, all allies and all companions (including Razorflies) within Affinity Range.

Lantern

  • The "pull in ragdolled enemies" suggestion, make that radius quite a bit bigger than the regular attraction radius, for further smoothness of synergy.
  • Maybe let Lantern slowly pull in loot too (at least client-side)?

Razorwing

  • Allow Titania to use her Operator while in Razorwing (maybe?).

 

Edited by squirrel_killer-
Add some suggestions from someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me with titania (though i haven't had her very long) my only problems are telling what the buffs are: sure i can spend several minutes googling "warframe dust buff" and scrolling through till i can find something useful or there could be a more useful indicator (as i said im fairly new to titania so there might be something and im missing it) for buffs like dust this isn't too bad since it lasts 2 minutes and is quite common but for the tentacles looking one that only lasts about 45s and is rarer it's harder to to keep going

 

Im less new to nyx though still newish

Firstly she needs a major upgrade to conclave usefulness i test ran her with a friend only to find her mind control does nothing chaos too and as far as i could tell her psychic daggers (her 2) did nothing either which just leaves her 4 which requires incoming damage to be useful and its way too easy to avoid by simply not attacking her till it runs out then stepping in for the kill (even her passive can't do anything since her 1 2 and 3 don't affect anything and her 4 is too expensive (preventing movement while both active and consuming lots of energy over time to deal 0 damage back) 

Granted her 1 seems rather powerful and broken just spam it on people to mess up their day but completely neutralizing the effects is too far the other way perhaps increase the cost or reduce the duration, chaos and mind bolts seem fine as they are though chaos being like radiation but guaranteed and via an ability (allowing her passive to activate) perhaps some glitching on the hud some shadow enemies randomly showing on the afflicted players vision to make it a bit better

Outside of conclave i think nyx could use a slight buff to mind control perhaps allowing more than one enemy (at increasing energy cost per additional vict-i mean friend) or more control over its actions: while its great being able to take a tough guy and make him my friend for almost a minute (heavily modded) tge friend usually runs off killing other people when i need/want them to stay or follow me (though the option to let em run around is nice) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

For me with titania (though i haven't had her very long) my only problems are telling what the buffs are: sure i can spend several minutes googling "warframe dust buff" and scrolling through till i can find something useful or there could be a more useful indicator (as i said im fairly new to titania so there might be something and im missing it) for buffs like dust this isn't too bad since it lasts 2 minutes and is quite common but for the tentacles looking one that only lasts about 45s and is rarer it's harder to to keep going

 

Im less new to nyx though still newish

Firstly she needs a major upgrade to conclave usefulness i test ran her with a friend only to find her mind control does nothing chaos too and as far as i could tell her psychic daggers (her 2) did nothing either which just leaves her 4 which requires incoming damage to be useful and its way too easy to avoid by simply not attacking her till it runs out then stepping in for the kill (even her passive can't do anything since her 1 2 and 3 don't affect anything and her 4 is too expensive (preventing movement while both active and consuming lots of energy over time to deal 0 damage back) 

Granted her 1 seems rather powerful and broken just spam it on people to mess up their day but completely neutralizing the effects is too far the other way perhaps increase the cost or reduce the duration, chaos and mind bolts seem fine as they are though chaos being like radiation but guaranteed and via an ability (allowing her passive to activate) perhaps some glitching on the hud some shadow enemies randomly showing on the afflicted players vision to make it a bit better

Outside of conclave i think nyx could use a slight buff to mind control perhaps allowing more than one enemy (at increasing energy cost per additional vict-i mean friend) or more control over its actions: while its great being able to take a tough guy and make him my friend for almost a minute (heavily modded) tge friend usually runs off killing other people when i need/want them to stay or follow me (though the option to let em run around is nice) 

Conclave is balanced separately by a different team, and many abilities suffer changes entering it.

Quote

Mind Control: The target cannot harm Nyx, as well as capture or steal Cephalons. Sees opponents as teammates and teammates as opponents. Additionally, the target doesn't see the enemy symbols above the enemies' heads. Nyx' allies cannot see the enemy icon on the affected target as well, but the mind control particle effects are visible. 6s duration. 20m cast range.
Psychic Bolts: Fires 6 bolts. 34 damage.
Chaos: The affected targets see all of their allies marked as enemies, enabling friendly fire. 20 sec duration, 20m range.
Absorb: Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that energy into an explosive radial discharge. 12m explosion range. Gets 100 more damage each second channeled. 25 cast energy cost, 20 drain rate.

As for Titania buffs you can them up here by hitting ctrl-f typing in "Titania" then clicking on the link in the buff name and just reading it all there, after that it is a matter of memory commitment, there is no where in game however I can think of that explains this as nicely.

https://semlar.com/buff

 

Edited by squirrel_killer-
Nyx Conclave Abilties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the link spent about 5 minutes looking and found the names but no description of what the buffs do i know dust does something for 120s but what does it do

8 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Conclave is balanced separately by a different team, and many abilities suffer changes entering it.

As for Titania buffs you can them up here by hitting ctrl-f typing in "Titania" then clicking on the link in the buff name and just reading it all there, after that it is a matter of memory commitment, there is no where in game however I can think of that explains this as nicely.

https://semlar.com/buff

As for the abilities: sure changes i can understand and i believe i suggested changes that keep the players' experience similar but maintaining Balance within conclave 

What i got was complete removal the actions happened but there was no energy colour from my hand to the opponent no damage no glowing opponent or anything just energy consumed

 

I tried conclave as limbo before thinking his ability to enter the rift would prove invaluable...turns out conclave has the rift remove the rifted players shields and anyone can still hit them however i found i could banish then drakgoon them for an easyish kill that's different it still does stuff just not the same stuff

Ive tried a bunch of frames in the conclave and most are different in terms of abilities but nyx is flat out removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the buff would have run out 2.5 times in the time it took me to find the page that still didn't have the details finding them in my leisure isn't my concern finding them during a mission while its active is far more important: lets say for whatever reason my team wants crap tons of energy and i believe that titania can get one buff allowing that i want to be able to quickly check while buffs are active what it does so i can advise my team on how to proceed

Taking the converse if my team wants as little energy as possible but wants damage buffs i want to be able to confirm that any energy buffs are deactivated again while the buffs are active

There's no point to the buff if i don't know what to do to maximize its use and as a result there's no point to the ability

 

Usually i research a frame and reccomended builds etc during its 3 day crafting and the comments on titanias buff system weren't very hopeful (could just be internet hate but i can't comment cuz idk what they do except thorns (cuz its obvious) and the other obvious ones like "damage increase") again i could spend 5-10 minutes browsing the web or i could request that the upcoming update corrects it even if it simply adds more detail in the pause screen (e.g i press the pause button and its sitting just under where the pic was saying "more loot" or "energy vamp" etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

I checked the link spent about 5 minutes looking and found the names but no description of what the buffs do i know dust does something for 120s but what does it do

Click the blue text below the tribute names. It will link you straight to the description on the wiki. Which takes you to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tribute. It isn't hard to find.

  • The Dust aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around Titania by 10% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% reduced enemy accuracy.
  • The Thorns aura will reflect 5% of the damage taken back to the attacker, up to 40 meters away, for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% damage reflection. Any allies within 35 meters around Titania will also benefit from Thorns' damage reflection.
  • The Entangle aura slows down enemy movement within 10 meters around Titania by 5% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% slower enemy movement.
  • The Full Moon aura increases the damage companions deal by 15% for 90 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 15%, up to a maximum of 75% increased companion damage. Any teammates within 30 meters around Titania will also benefit from Full Moon's effects, increasing their respective companions' damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-29 at 2:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

isn't this counter-intuitive towards absorb?

i do like 'new damage type' for absorb, hope you guys didn't change the original Absorb much, i do like her as it is but need some buff this and there.

Absorb ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward.
2. Non-restrictive movement (with augment Assimilate applied) enable movement 'ONLY' bullet jump and sprint (other movement hovering, rip-line, and wall latch is disabled).
3. Removal of movement speed de-buff 'Assimilate' without changing original absorb 'Assimilate' range de-buff (i.e.: 50% de-buff radius).
4. Slight increase from original like 10m to 18m, without change 'energy per second' values from 'Old' Absorb.
5. Rearrange Absorb range center from Nyx's abdomen to Nyx's Feet (like Nullifier Bubble) so that increase range she could protect squad
6. Reduced Absorb SFX and animation (had to change to black energy colour so that could focus hitting enemies better, pretty distracting i would say) (Nullifier Bubble seems nice not too distracting with extra animation like 'Old' absorb did)

Psychic Bolts Ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward.
2. have two mode auto (auto seek enemy) and manual (seek enemy based on Tenno crosshair).
3. Adding timed de-buff around 5s to 8s (disappear at death) of bullet attraction with radius of 8m at any 'one' 'Random' Body Parts (RNGesus) attract any Bullet/Projectiles from friends or foes since Rebecca change Bolts theme from killing into de-buffer.
4. Do not add Charge to increase -Values-

Mind Control Ideas :
1. Agreed to @[DE]Rebecca as her ideas pretty straight forward and it is damn good rework!

Chaos Ideas :
1. Reduce chance effected enemy, targeting allies.
2. Adds forced enemy's red minimap like ' Sense Danger '
2. Remove Nyx Astral Model or change into Radiation effect, increase Ally visibility.

 

Edited by -BKB-SamuarJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Titania, she's one of my favorite frames and I think the new changes are going to be nice adjustments but there is one thing I hope you can fix as kind of a quality of life thing. When I'm in razor wing mode and I hit a focus orb, there is this big blur for my entire screen everything goes out of focus for like a second or two pretty much to the point where you can't make out a target from the wall. Given that focus orbs are there to give you the opportunity to do some mad dash killing for a few seconds to gain focus this cannot be an intended function, it doesn't happen on any other frame that I've seen and it really messes me up when I'm trying to play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Click the blue text below the tribute names. It will link you straight to the description on the wiki. Which takes you to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tribute. It isn't hard to find.

  • The Dust aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around Titania by 10% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% reduced enemy accuracy.
  • The Thorns aura will reflect 5% of the damage taken back to the attacker, up to 40 meters away, for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% damage reflection. Any allies within 35 meters around Titania will also benefit from Thorns' damage reflection.
  • The Entangle aura slows down enemy movement within 10 meters around Titania by 5% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% slower enemy movement.
  • The Full Moon aura increases the damage companions deal by 15% for 90 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 15%, up to a maximum of 75% increased companion damage. Any teammates within 30 meters around Titania will also benefit from Full Moon's effects, increasing their respective companions' damage.
  •  

 

 

I did i checked the wiki and included that in the time perhaps it cuz im using my phone but my point still stands we shouldn't need to google what our ability is doing for us it should have the effect somewhere even if its just something like "reduced enemy accuracy" or "damage reflected" or "slowed enemy movement" 

this stuffs a real problem for me cuz most the research i do is on my phone which doesn't let me open the folded sections of the wiki like the trivia section usually id just bear it but theres an update coming so why not say about it either the names of the buffs need to be made a lot clearer or the effect of it needs put somewhere accessible like the pause menu

i don't think im asking that much just a little more info in game about the buffs im getting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Click the blue text below the tribute names. It will link you straight to the description on the wiki. Which takes you to https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tribute. It isn't hard to find.

  • The Dust aura reduces the accuracy of enemies within 30 meters around Titania by 10% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% reduced enemy accuracy.
  • The Thorns aura will reflect 5% of the damage taken back to the attacker, up to 40 meters away, for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% damage reflection. Any allies within 35 meters around Titania will also benefit from Thorns' damage reflection.
  • The Entangle aura slows down enemy movement within 10 meters around Titania by 5% for 120 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 5%, up to a maximum of 25% slower enemy movement.
  • The Full Moon aura increases the damage companions deal by 15% for 90 seconds. Each additional stack will increase the effect by 15%, up to a maximum of 75% increased companion damage. Any teammates within 30 meters around Titania will also benefit from Full Moon's effects, increasing their respective companions' damage.

Thanks for the info though but like i said we shouldn't need to waste half an hour browsing google for info on a buff that lasts 90s-2mins it should be accessible in game and quickly

Was trying to find a screenshot of my version of wiki to post for ya but it wants a url not a screenshot

Edited by (XB1)Darthgollum 01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...