[DE]Rebecca

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

I've got 2.0 punchthrough, when I say I 'sweep', it's quite literal.  Titania is just fun to play, but frustrating due to what she could be. Do I use her in orb mother fights or eidolon runs? Nope, got frames for that.

I like using her for syndicate/faction missions, anything I don't need a specialized frame for. It's a easy way for me to enjoy the game, flying around, letting butterflies trigger arcanes, and just having fun.

Can't wait for her to be primed, and the amount of lore forums that will be spurred from it.

• Upvote 1

Il y a 2 heures, Eis_Katze a dit :

I like using her for syndicate/faction missions, anything I don't need a specialized frame for. It's a easy way for me to enjoy the game, flying around, letting butterflies trigger arcanes, and just having fun.

Exactly what is she fun to fly. And when there are opponents that Dex Pixia deals 0 damage to, or when I just can't put down the weapon I want, it saddens me. Of course Dex pixia can stay, but let it be outside razorwing, pls.

I'm quite curious as to what you found that negates Dex pixia. The only time I encountered that was the capture nullifier with the galxon gun that seems to always down me at least once.

From everything I've seen, no archgun can compare to Dex pixia. I would love to have it outside of razerwing though, her mobility combined with them would be quite a blast.

Can you tell me what power your Titania is? What elements do you use on dex pixia? Something doesn't seem to be adding up very well from my experience.

Il y a 10 heures, Eis_Katze a dit :

I'm quite curious as to what you found that negates Dex pixia. The only time I encountered that was the capture nullifier with the galxon gun that seems to always down me at least once.

From everything I've seen, no archgun can compare to Dex pixia. I would love to have it outside of razerwing though, her mobility combined with them would be quite a blast.

Can you tell me what power your Titania is? What elements do you use on dex pixia? Something doesn't seem to be adding up very well from my experience.

I use 175% strength Titania and that's enough for 100 levels. I often meet with the bug nullificator. Even more often I meet with arbitration drones, making razorwing a useless button. The new regime also did not and, as demolist denies all abilities. And the trend will continue in the Empyrean.

I don't understand, am I misinterpreting my position? Dex Pixia in 99% of the game is just not needed. The rest of the 1% has frames that do damage and are more useful than Titania. Dex Pixia is just one of many types of weapons. If I want to play with shotguns in razorwing, well, in normal archwing I can do it, in razorwing - no. But a lot of damage. If I want to play with a rifle at long range, well, in the normal archwing it is, in razorwing - no. All we have is ratatatata. And augment to make ratatatata faster. Yes, flying is fun, but the limitations of her set of weapons and Pets make this fun more sad.

Posted (edited)

I do not agree with what you say completely.
I almost always have the most kills with my titania in missions like: exterminate, assasination and capture(if the target isnt a nullifier) and cetus/fortuna bounties. u are literally the fastest frame in game yet. (that new one might be faster).
with vaccuum still on razorwingmode and her abnormal damage and speed she is also the best frame in index as well. 
I also really like her for spy missions since she goes to the objective really fast and she can just fly over and between lasers while razorwings take out cameras and you can easily reach ventilation shafts.
for missions like defense, mobile defense, interception the only frames that really kill faster are Saryn and things like a nuking volt.... but who doesnt agree that Saryn is way too rediculous? She makes 99% of her party not needed.
So I wouldnt say she is useless in 99% of the game just because she isnt good in eidolon hunts or because she cant kill drones in arbitration. When I bring her in arbitration with friends I am usually still the one having the most kills and be the last one standing(flying) even tho I cant hurt drones.

As for her weapons part...I like dex pixia but I agree that her playstyle is one-sided. She is a one-trick-pony that only goes into razorwing and starts shooting with dex pixia. And only dealing ability damage limits her in some ways. But I still dont understand your problem. You are only complaining but not saying what you want as a change. Would you like for Dex Pixia concept to be gone? That when you enter razorwingmode you will just hold your primary and secondary still? Because I see you complaining that you cant equip other weapons...but you know that u can still equip archwing weapons from archwing launcher.

As for pets....since you cant revive them inside razorwing...I am glad they arent outside. I just use a sentinel filled with set mods like augur so it still gives u bonuses.

Edited by VulpesSly
  • Haha 1

il y a une heure, VulpesSly a dit :

As for her weapons part...I like dex pixia but I agree that her playstyle is one-sided. She is a one-trick-pony that only goes into razorwing and starts shooting with dex pixia. And only dealing ability damage limits her in some ways. But I still dont understand your problem. You are only complaining but not saying what you want as a change. Would you like for Dex Pixia concept to be gone? That when you enter razorwingmode you will just hold your primary and secondary still? Because I see you complaining that you cant equip other weapons...but you know that u can still equip archwing weapons from archwing launcher.

Either you didn't read it or I didn't write it. Yes, I want the Dex Pixia to go in the direction of the archwig weapon, as well as the Diwata, so that they can be replaced at any time by another archwing weapon. What to do with the gone damage? Simply provide buff to archwing weapons. And I think that's a lot more flexible and correct than keeping players in one ability and one build. And it saves from many problems, as the immune abilities of the mobs. Ideally, I would like Titania to be able to change her abilities through archwing, but I understand that they are unlikely to be able to do so, as it can be powerful.

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

Either you didn't read it or I didn't write it. Yes, I want the Dex Pixia to go in the direction of the archwig weapon, as well as the Diwata, so that they can be replaced at any time by another archwing weapon. What to do with the gone damage? Simply provide buff to archwing weapons. And I think that's a lot more flexible and correct than keeping players in one ability and one build. And it saves from many problems, as the immune abilities of the mobs. Ideally, I would like Titania to be able to change her abilities through archwing, but I understand that they are unlikely to be able to do so, as it can be powerful.

Arbitration drones null every power on them, it's intended gameplay. Given Titania's survivability is more pray you don't get hit, arbitration is probably not the best suited game mode for her. Arbitration is a whole other mess that needs it's own forum though.

Also do you mean Skywing, the open world archwing mode? Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to that. A idea of halving her razerwing cost and flipping another ability into exalted guns as another power drain ability would give the best of both worlds and would be very welcome.

Having her tribute respawn razer-butterflies and fixing the 'run to this' method would also be great, as it'd give you reason to use it other than 'oh, a buff'. And of course, having her razerflies not be made of glass...

• Upvote 1

id say to make razorwings scale with enemy lvl. and make them revivable by going into the lantern attract radius to make lanterns more worth while. And just adjust the tribute buffs a bit to be more beneficial to the party.

10 minutes ago, VulpesSly said:

id say to make razorwings scale with enemy lvl. and make them revivable by going into the lantern attract radius to make lanterns more worth while. And just adjust the tribute buffs a bit to be more beneficial to the party.

There's 4 buffs, halve the cost, and make each buff cast give all buffs at 25%. Then you don't need to hunt down specific enemy types, you get a good usability from it, and if it buffs your razerwings as well(I don't think they do now) then it'll help keep them longer too.

il y a 8 minutes, Eis_Katze a dit :

Also do you mean Skywing, the open world archwing mode? Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to that. A idea of halving her razerwing cost and flipping another ability into exalted guns as another power drain ability would give the best of both worlds and would be very welcome.

I would even would make the cost of this ability only when changing shape, like the equinox.Just now Titania is divided into three concepts: high damage (though the kit indicates that it is more aimed at support and razorwing is an emergency measure), razorwing (because it is currently the only implementation of the archwing in normal missions), and razorfly (because these small establishment to distract the enemy fire and look great).

Personally, I advocate the concept of razorwing as an extension of the archwing system on normal missions. Yes, it can be implemented in another frame, but I feel that in the next 2-3 years this will not happen, unless the developers make a pleasant surprise and release archwing frame with Empyrean. But personally, I doubt it. And Yes, I also like razorfly.

About Dex Pixia, just run the tests. I think you can see that conventional weapons are slowly approaching the values of the DPS Dex Pixia. Even now, take rubico + rhino and full DPS Titania and just compare. Rhino will lag behind, but this value is negligible, while Titania just full DPS no defense. Is it worth it? Of course, a separate ability from razorwing in the form of Dex Pixia and Diwata would be a better solution. But I really don't see the point in that, because neither dex pixia nor diwata offer anything other than damage. It's just an ordinary weapon that has a chance to become less effective than an equipped weapon.

19 minutes ago, zhellon said:

dex pixia nor diwata offer anything other than damage. It's just an ordinary weapon that has a chance to become less effective than an equipped weapon.

I mean when put this way, eventually everything will be superceded by something else. Also as a weapon, what else should it offer? I mean I use cycron with Redeemer prime to trigger a very insanely powerful condition overload build, but that's a means to a end. Dex pixia is the end, it's a gun that does gun things. As of right now, dex pixia is one of the strongest guns I know of, especially since they're now pistols, I know of no other secondary to rival them.

I'm sorry, I'm just still confused on the dex pixia 'issue'.

Posted (edited)
il y a 20 minutes, Eis_Katze a dit :

I mean when put this way, eventually everything will be superceded by something else. Also as a weapon, what else should it offer? I mean I use cycron with Redeemer prime to trigger a very insanely powerful condition overload build, but that's a means to a end. Dex pixia is the end, it's a gun that does gun things. As of right now, dex pixia is one of the strongest guns I know of, especially since they're now pistols, I know of no other secondary to rival them.

I'm sorry, I'm just still confused on the dex pixia 'issue'.

I just expressed my opinion that I don't see the point of it as a sublime frame weapon because it doesn't offer unique mechanics. It's just a powerful Twin Grakatas. Whether it is worth being in her set - let the developers decide. I just want razorwing to have nothing to do with them.

Personally, I would rather have an ability that allows you to strengthen archwing weapons than have a sublime weapon. Even if it would mean a small loss of DPS, but it would provide some opportunities and tactics for the use of archwing weapons, as I showed with Grattler.

Edited by zhellon

I think I understand now. You want Skywing for every mission type, but Titania is the only possible avenue for that, so you'd like Titania to function exactly like Skywing as a way to mimic the idea of using Skywing for everything.

• Upvote 1

I finally get it as well. But my problem with that would be that u basically will only use 1 archwingweapon all the time as well like we HAVE to use dex pixia at this time. And basically every Titania player will be running that same weapon....untill DE decides to create another weapon that will outdamage the previous strongest weapon....I think that in the end it wont offer you much change in using dex pixia....except the illusion that u will have choice over weapons.

• Upvote 1

il y a une heure, Eis_Katze a dit :

I think I understand now. You want Skywing for every mission type, but Titania is the only possible avenue for that, so you'd like Titania to function exactly like Skywing as a way to mimic the idea of using Skywing for everything.

Yes, that's what I'd like. Skywing or archwing as a combat system is still dead. And, judging by what they showed us, the Empyrean will not bring any changes. This would like to have a second choice on all occasions because archwing combat system is well designed and it only needs minor adjustments to become perfect.

il y a 55 minutes, VulpesSly a dit :

I finally get it as well. But my problem with that would be that u basically will only use 1 archwingweapon all the time as well like we HAVE to use dex pixia at this time. And basically every Titania player will be running that same weapon....untill DE decides to create another weapon that will outdamage the previous strongest weapon....I think that in the end it wont offer you much change in using dex pixia....except the illusion that u will have choice over weapons.

Well, for example, I want to have the choice not to waste energy on Dex Pixia, which still does 0 damage on demolist xD Think differently. Dex Pixia if remain exalted weapons will be just a powerful ability, which I can ignore while creating the build. For example, go completely into the build for control, where there is only 40% strength. So now impossible to do due to the fact that the razorwing and Dex Pixia inseparable.

5 hours ago, zhellon said:

Well, for example, I want to have the choice not to waste energy on Dex Pixia, which still does 0 damage on demolist xD

For that game mode, I just run zephyr with a condition overload Redeemer. It's actually when I started using cond. Overload. Kills them in usually 1-3 hits

Still though, that combo wouldn't be possible on any archwing system, and wouldn't really need to be either.

I would love more archwing support and missions, and I'd really like more missions where we can use archwings like the kuva fortress attempted to do. There's plenty of excavator missions that have open fields for Skywing to be viable.

Posted (edited)
Il y a 7 heures, Eis_Katze a dit :

For that game mode, I just run zephyr with a condition overload Redeemer. It's actually when I started using cond. Overload. Kills them in usually 1-3 hits

It works with any equipped weapon. Even the Imperator quietly kills them. But personally, I'm annoyed that I can't take the frame and use its mechanics because of the mission conditions.

Il y a 7 heures, Eis_Katze a dit :

I would love more archwing support and missions, and I'd really like more missions where we can use archwings like the kuva fortress attempted to do. There's plenty of excavator missions that have open fields for Skywing to be viable. 

In fact, this requires the processing of many areas. Even on excavator missions there are so many areas with low ceilings and narrow corridors that physically interfere with maneuverability. Even the frames with a high speed there are problems, and archwing accustomed to cling to a nearby surface due to the large hitboxes. In Titania, this is solved by reducing the size and speed, although even this does not prevent her from clinging to the surface because of what we got nerf gameplay features of receiving damage from collisions. To archwing became a little closer to the usual missions, it needs to be refined, such as adding automatic running on the walls, ceiling and floor, instead of collisions, if the flight took place at a certain angle. But it is quite a complex system that requires careful analysis, as the surfaces themselves are not particularly smooth. Just because of the collisions there is a problem with our melee, which occurs on space missions... And this problem exists with the introduction of archwing. It is a pity that they abandoned it and just now remembered it, but only as a plug for space. Personally, I have the impression that the archwings want to make only transport completely burying the combat system. That's sad.

Edited by zhellon

4 hours ago, zhellon said:

It is a pity that they abandoned it and just now remembered it, but only as a plug for space. Personally, I have the impression that the archwings want to make only transport completely burying the combat system. That's sad.

It's hard for them to work on archwings. They introduce archwings, people complain. They introduce sharkwing, people complain. They introduce Skywing, people complain.

It's such a community split on it that any progress into archwing is met with resistance, preventing the growth of it, but it's liked by enough that it's not in that forgotten closet conclave is in.

Plus DE really wants archwing to be liked, but if they focused purely on it, then everyone against it gets nothing new out of the game. Railjack feels like the perfect hedgeway into finally refining archwing, which makes me very happy.

As for Titania and archwing, yes, it's rough. I'm glad they removed insta death from hitting doors, and I really wish she had archwing boost. As for her using archwing and normal weapons in razerwing, as long as I can use her dex pixia in/out of razerwing I'd be fine with it.

The idea of using archwing on excavator mission example was that you would use it in open areas, then jump off it to move areas. It takes a second to equip, and a second to jump off it, so there's no need to try to navigate small corridors with it on.

il y a 4 minutes, Eis_Katze a dit :

As for Titania and archwing, yes, it's rough. I'm glad they removed insta death from hitting doors, and I really wish she had archwing boost. As for her using archwing and normal weapons in razerwing, as long as I can use her dex pixia in/out of razerwing I'd be fine with it.

The idea of using archwing on excavator mission example was that you would use it in open areas, then jump off it to move areas. It takes a second to equip, and a second to jump off it, so there's no need to try to navigate small corridors with it on.

The main thing to decide how to disable it, as we can not use melee in skywing mode. I like the idea of using it as a separate mode, but the problem is still the same -limitations, like you can't use equipment in ESO, which has become a problem for archwing weapons. The frame itself is difficult to restrict anything. By this I consider the frame as a concept for the wings and arcwing weapons. I just want to solve this problem once and for all.

Posted (edited)

The changes to Nyx were a good start but it's not complete. 

-The passive should have a more dependable effect that's appropriate to her kit. Instead of lowering their accuracy, make it have a chance to proc radiation on enemies that target her (either before they attack or once they damage her shields or health).

- Mind Control is better now, having a way to improve the damage, but it's still not great. The issue is the same weakness the rest of her kit suffers from. Enemy damage limitations. The Psychic Bolts rework helped with that, but it should still have a default buff amount without relying on the augment or entirely on weapon input. 

- Psychic Bolts was actually the best update with the rework. It was a bad idea removing damage from it though since it's useless against the lower half of the star chart now. Also, one of the bolts should be guaranteed to hit your target, even if the rest of them randomly track. 

- Chaos is good, except they should prioritize targets affected by Psychic Bolts first. 

- Absorb was the ability that needed the rework the most and was the biggest disappointment. The same issue of dependency on enemy damage, since enemies clearly don't deal as much damage as they can take, makes this ability 100% useless without the augment. 

1. Making the augment effect the default would be a great start - this is warframe, there's no room for an ability that forces you to take a break to build up damage from enemies that are barely scratched by the final output. 

2. Remove the increasing energy cost. With it, why even have damage absorption when you can't absorb enough for it to matter? 

3. The cap on the amount absorbed from each attack is pointless, again because the damage is negligible. But the true flaw in the ability is the damage type itself. The ability doesn't work with the newly added benefits of Psychic Bolts, so keep the cap on the absorbed damage, but convert at least half of the output to true damage. It won't be too powerful since you're limited by the absurd length of time it takes to build up damage. 

4. That leads to the last point. You should add the option to hold the ability button to multiply the current absorb amount for additional cost, ending the ability and detonating upon releasing the button. 

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

Titania's Dex Pixia deals insane damage with a viral + slash build, granted you have the [Razor shot] mod (+120% slash) even without razorwing blitz.  It 3 shots almost everything, including infested, that is, if the viral proc procs. However, the Dex Pixia is a status weapon, so more often than not, it will proc. I find this better than corrosive as it is more universal, so I don't have to keep switching builds.

Her Diwata on the other hand, is like the that first arch melee you get in the game. Good at first, but terrible at higher level content. Hell, both weapons have low crit and status, which makes me feel like it's just a re-skin (Diwata might be a bit stronger though.) perhaps make it have innate corrosive? so that I can couple it with viral and deal an additional 150% damage grinner and 75% on others? Sounds better to me.

I have complaints with her 2. Reflected damage is just not useful in any way in warframe, and neither is entangle. (it's not like enemies run away from us.) Her 2 definitely needs an entire rework. (Also, why are they not affected by ability mods DE?)

Kinda wished her spell bind would affect more than 6 enemies, but I guess it's ok atm.

• Haha 1

Il y a 8 heures, Aadi880 a dit :
Titania's Dex Pixia deals insane damage with a viral + slash build, granted you have the [Razor shot] mod (+120% slash) even without razorwing blitz. It 3 shots almost everything, including infested, that is, if the viral proc procs. However, the Dex Pixia is a status weapon, so more often than not, it will proc. I find this better than corrosive as it is more universal, so I don't have to keep switching builds.

Dex Pixia in any build has a cap level of 200 opponents. After 200 lvl enemies, Dex Pixia will just nag them for an extremely long time. Pox for example has the same scaling, but it doesn't require me to follow the mechanics, spend a huge amount of energy or give up protection and other abilities. People talk about high level, but we have the pox as a master in the field of high-status weapons and rubico as a master of DPS. Dex Pixia and Diwata should get additional mechanics, otherwise they can simply be replaced by archwing weapons and nothing will change. More precisely, what will change is that Titania will get the same improvements as archwing weapons, and thus be able to upgrade along with the archwing content. 

I rather use corrosion build on dex pixia tbh... you fire fast enough to shred enemy armor away....and I dont have room for a slash mod...since I cannot remove my punch through mod.
While everyone sees Diwata as useles....it is not...
It doesnt deal that much damage to kill everything with as fast as dex pixia....but just put that life strike on it....it is the best way for Titania to heal herself without using arcanes u dont want to use on her.

I say so. For me, Titania is primarily an archwing mode, everything else I can do by taking frames with more efficient mechanics like Nidus replacing Lathern, any buff frame as a Tribute replacement, and the first ability... She's good, but she's more of a hindrance than a help.

So I'm hoping for two things: the First is that archwing mode for Titania will become a playstyle, like rifts limbo. Personally, I'm willing to give up bulletjump for a quick change to archwing mode and back. And the second thing is that it will be developed with the concept of new frames, which are masters of all trades, to change the build, I could play any role. It really scares me that people consider her as a DPS frame, though most of her abilities are somehow connected with the protective support.

• Upvote 1