Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I know. But this is not the same as instantly disarm enemy for an infinite amount of time in large area.

She will never get that. The best she will possibly get is Spellbind disarming enemies(instead of just making them drop their gun), which would still be a infinite duration.

7 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

She will never get that. The best she will possibly get is Spellbind disarming enemies(instead of just making them drop their gun).

It will still be better than it is now. Spellbind with 265% range operates within a radius of 13 meters. This is spam, but if razorwing is free, it won't be so bad. Of course, this is all provided that spellbind gets rid of flying enemies.  

28 minutes ago, zhellon said:

In any case, I didn't understand your offer of an augment for Tribute. Just make a dependency on strength? First, it should be initially. Second, other stats should also influence the Tribute. I don't want to waste a slot on a mod that is actually a patch.

No, that's a bonus. My augment would allow the tributes to be picked by allies as well. I don't agree about having the tributes scaling on ability strength, but this augment would allow it and make Titania a beast of a supporter by letting the squad also pick the buffs. Nothing Wisp or Octavia don't do natively, for example, but as Titania clearly don't get the same attention and love they have, I'll be satisfied with at least an augment.

31 minutes ago, Pixzia said:

This frame has 2 amazing cc abilities, you do not NEED to use these mods. If you actively Lock down areas nothing should be hitting you anyways.

No, she absolutely doesn't? They are borderline useless unless you are on really early game content or testing on enemies standing still on simulacrum. They are unreliable, the enemies flying all over the place are a mess, the aggro drawn barely works and that IF you're lucky and you can't possibly hope to use them as valid tactic when the highly armored enemies will kill you just by looking at you. They are actually some of the worst CC abilities in the game.

31 minutes ago, Pixzia said:

There is already too much overpowered stuff in the game for this to be a valid argument anymore. I am tiered of hearing this as well.

On that we agree. But for some reason Titania is held on a completely different stand than other frames. How can someone look at Titania on a game full of Wisps, Mesas, Octavias, Saryns, Khoras and Volts and worry about the poor thing being "overpowered" is beyond me.

4 минуты назад, (NSW)Bayodrake сказал:

No, that's a bonus. My augment would allow the tributes to be picked by allies as well. I don't agree about having the tributes scaling on ability strength, but this augment would allow it and make Titania a beast of a supporter by letting the squad also pick the buffs. Nothing Wisp or Octavia don't do natively, for example, but as Titania clearly don't get the same attention and love they have, I'll be satisfied with at least an augment.

Well, we don't know how the new Tribute will work. Maybe it will just on an aura around Titania, so that enemy souls will no longer be generated. First, you need to see how all this will work.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

No, she absolutely doesn't? They are borderline useless unless you are on really early game content or testing on enemies standing still on simulacrum.

Must be playing the frame I have used the most wrong then. /s

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

They are unreliable, the enemies flying all over the place are a mess, the aggro drawn barely works

I can sort of agree on this, the flying off is annoying but hopefully that will change soon. Lantern is also very finicky, but still works.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

IF you're lucky and you can't possibly hope to use them as valid tactic when the highly armored enemies will kill you just by looking at you.

Can't shoot you if they are immobilized. 

Только что, Pixzia сказал:

@zhellon I used to think that as well but then I started testing builds and prefer being able to use all of her abilities.

I also use all of its abilities, but: spellbind is just a panic button that allows you to avoid getting into enemy control. Lantern is simply impossible to use against enemies that oneshoted you, because even while under the light they can still shoot. I tried to play Titania as attacking enemy ships, and when I used Lantern in a good position and started hacking the console, I just died, because the enemies first shoot, then pretend that they are looking at the light. Razorfly is the only thing that works exactly. If enemies are further than 7 meters from you, all enemies attack razorfly. This is the only real thing that I can not be afraid to use and get a guaranteed result (except when the rocket explodes all 6 razorfly at once)

Again, they need to work on the abilities some but they are overall fine. Maybe combine Lantern and Spellbind, but I don't see that working really well. 

All they need are some small/minor changes and they would be "perfect".

3 минуты назад, Pixzia сказал:

Again, they need to work on the abilities some but they are overall fine. Maybe combine Lantern and Spellbind, but I don't see that working really well.

All they need are some small/minor changes and they would be "perfect".

Well, I just need a free razorwing with a normal weapon, where I'll just put an Aviator and use razorfly as a control. This is enough for level 300 content, and I'm not going to go any further.

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Well, I just need a free razorwing with a normal weapon, where I'll just put an Aviator and use razorfly as a control. This is enough for level 300 content, and I'm not going to go any further.

This sort of hurts any input you have on the frame though. Since all you care about is her having "free archwing in normal missions" and that is it. 

1 минуту назад, Pixzia сказал:
This sort of hurts any input you have on the frame though. Since all you care about is her having "free archwing in normal missions" and that is it.

Yes. Because it's cool, unlike DR, CC, Nucks, buffs, and any other ability of simple numbers. I would like to see good buffs, but, you know, we live with bad buffs now and it just can't be any worse. CC is now in a very bad position, because the content is basically nerf CC. Take at least nullifiers or arbitrages. And the Aviator with free razorwing gives a lot of DR. So Yes, all I need now is free razorwing.

On 2020-01-22 at 4:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Long overdue, but we are working on more Titania items! Short gif of one of the more major changes: choose-your-Tribute. This will allow you to get the Auras you want, when you want them. We will have more details to share soon - expect a batch of changes that aim to make Titania more responsive and usable!

Any chance of this getting applied to Nourish too since it uses the same mechanic?

19 minutes ago, zhellon said:

And the Aviator with free razorwing gives a lot of DR. So Yes, all I need now is free razorwing.

I would like to see this but the only way this benefits her is by allowing you to ignore strength, because currently nuking strength makes her 4 basically useless. It then works as a mobility ability in which you are locked into weapons that do hardly any dmg. Would help with build variety, but that is about it. Would not help her overall and should be considered after changes to her other abilities.

7 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

I would like to see this but the only way this benefits her is by allowing you to ignore strength, because currently nuking strength makes her 4 basically useless. It then works as a mobility ability in which you are locked into weapons that do hardly any dmg. Would help with build variety, but that is about it.

Not only strength, but also energy efficiency if energy drain no longer works. This will give space.  

I don't care about the first three abilities for one simple reason, other people will say everything for me.

If they make a cool buff system, it will be cool, but without razorwing I have Wisp, so I don't care.

If they make a cool CC, it will be cool, but without razorwing I have a Vauban, so I don't care.

If they make a cool nuck, then please don't do it, it's very boring.

13 hours ago, Pixzia said:

Pretty sure it used to be lower, but god was it awful if you were not micro-managing your energy. Want loot? too bad.

A better fix would to add a toggle, or make it so if your sentinel or companion has Fetch/Vacuum on it would apply in Razorwing. Easy fix, everyone is happy.

Alternatively they could allow you to mode your Razorflies and putting fetch on them would apply it to Titania.

It is unfair to force vacuum on those that don't want it but it is equally unfair to remove it and not give an option for the people that like having vacuum.

Use both. Give Razorwing a small base vacuum radius of 2m-3m and have it inherit whatever mods are equipped on the companion. 

What do you think, @(NSW)Bayodrake? Wouldn't everyone win this way?

PS, she used to have no vacuum at all. Hence the faceplanting.

3 часа назад, (XB1)iDEATH сказал:

And that was the worst thing, because the collision damage was turned on and you were literally losing health to raise energy.

On the other hand, even if you get your 3 meter vacuum, I do not know about what ideal conditions you dream of, considering that you can save your orbs of energy for the future, but: 1) Dropped items tend to disappear over time. 2) you will lose energy while searching for an Orb of energy. 3) If you hope to have energy always using arcane energize, then this thing may just fail you and not work on 50 orbs of energy. And this happens often. 4) In a group, you don't experience any problems with energy even with a vacuum. To solo mobs much less and drop orbs of energy will be lower.

Vacuum is useful, on the other hand, the tactic of saving energy reserves does not do so much and you will lose a lot more, as for example, on survival, you will lose time to pick up air capsules. And time is energy. On the other hand, if I get working companion mods, I won't worry about energy at all, because Synth Deconstruct + Synth Fiber + equilibrium. Anyway, you will not benefit from removing the vacuum in any way.

I don't understand why people want to suffer, instead of getting better mechanics that don't require as much energy?

4 hours ago, (XB1)iDEATH said:

I know, and it was awful to play as her, if you were trying to farm anything you might as well not even used her 4.

52 minutes ago, zhellon said:

the tactic of saving energy reserves does not do so much and you will lose a lot more

This is more of a preference on how someone wants to play the game. Why should they be forced to use something that is optional for literally every other Warframe? I feel like you should understand this most as you want to use other weapons besides her exalted weapons in Razorwing.

All comes down to giving the player the option to chose rather than forcing it on them.

1 минуту назад, Pixzia сказал:

This is more of a preference on how someone wants to play the game. Why should they be forced to use something that is an optional for literally every other Warframe? I feel like you should understand this most as you want to use other weapons besides her exalted weapons in Razorwing.

All comes down to giving the player the option to chose rather than forcing it on them.

Well, as I said, I will benefit a lot more from companion mods, so just remove the vacuum and give it to me.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I will benefit a lot more from companion mods, so just remove the vacuum and give it to me.

Which is sort of the my argument for making her Razorflies moddable. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone. 

People that want to be able to utilize sentinel/companion mods get what they want and people that want to chose when they have vacuum get what they want.

2 минуты назад, Pixzia сказал:

Which is sort of the my argument for making her Razorflies moddable. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

People that want to be able to utilize sentinel/companion mods get what they want and people that want to chose when they have vacuum get what they want.

Well, that leaves the problem of restoring razorfly, because you can't control them as sentinel and you can't resurrect them as a companion, which means that you will lose all the companion mods when the last razorfly is killed. Although, I don't mind recast razorwing, as it's done now.

15 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

Although stop. If I use razorwing with normal melee, link mods, and Pack Leader, my razorfly will be unkillable for level 100. Ohh, I want this.

Yes, you only need a health link, because razorfly has 3350 armor. It's so sad that we don't have it yet.

2 hours ago, Yun_Woo-Seok said:

Instead of all this back-and-forth about razorwing's vacuum, what if we get rid of the vacuum and give the itzal's 3 to razorwing?

So make it a downgrade from what it is now and help no one? If you are saving energy orbs for later the last thing you want to do is delete all of them in one go. If you like vacuum, you now have to spam something to get an effect that you currently have. How does this fix anything?

Modable Razorflies solved this problem and will make them more helpful overall.

3 часа назад, Yun_Woo-Seok сказал:

Instead of all this back-and-forth about razorwing's vacuum, what if we get rid of the vacuum and give the itzal's 3 to razorwing?

Or, we just make the abilities so that the vacuum is no longer a problem. For example, the removed energy drain.

Or, DE can do OverEnergy mechanics while the energy drain ability is active.

Or many other things.

Archived