Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

7 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

I would like to see this but the only way this benefits her is by allowing you to ignore strength, because currently nuking strength makes her 4 basically useless. It then works as a mobility ability in which you are locked into weapons that do hardly any dmg. Would help with build variety, but that is about it.

Not only strength, but also energy efficiency if energy drain no longer works. This will give space.  

I don't care about the first three abilities for one simple reason, other people will say everything for me.

If they make a cool buff system, it will be cool, but without razorwing I have Wisp, so I don't care.

If they make a cool CC, it will be cool, but without razorwing I have a Vauban, so I don't care.

If they make a cool nuck, then please don't do it, it's very boring.

Edited by zhellon
13 hours ago, Pixzia said:

Pretty sure it used to be lower, but god was it awful if you were not micro-managing your energy. Want loot? too bad.

A better fix would to add a toggle, or make it so if your sentinel or companion has Fetch/Vacuum on it would apply in Razorwing. Easy fix, everyone is happy.

Alternatively they could allow you to mode your Razorflies and putting fetch on them would apply it to Titania.

It is unfair to force vacuum on those that don't want it but it is equally unfair to remove it and not give an option for the people that like having vacuum.

Use both. Give Razorwing a small base vacuum radius of 2m-3m and have it inherit whatever mods are equipped on the companion. 

What do you think, @(NSW)Bayodrake? Wouldn't everyone win this way?

PS, she used to have no vacuum at all. Hence the faceplanting.

Edited by (XB1)iDEATH
3 часа назад, (XB1)iDEATH сказал:

And that was the worst thing, because the collision damage was turned on and you were literally losing health to raise energy.

On the other hand, even if you get your 3 meter vacuum, I do not know about what ideal conditions you dream of, considering that you can save your orbs of energy for the future, but: 1) Dropped items tend to disappear over time. 2) you will lose energy while searching for an Orb of energy. 3) If you hope to have energy always using arcane energize, then this thing may just fail you and not work on 50 orbs of energy. And this happens often. 4) In a group, you don't experience any problems with energy even with a vacuum. To solo mobs much less and drop orbs of energy will be lower.

Vacuum is useful, on the other hand, the tactic of saving energy reserves does not do so much and you will lose a lot more, as for example, on survival, you will lose time to pick up air capsules. And time is energy. On the other hand, if I get working companion mods, I won't worry about energy at all, because Synth Deconstruct + Synth Fiber + equilibrium. Anyway, you will not benefit from removing the vacuum in any way.

I don't understand why people want to suffer, instead of getting better mechanics that don't require as much energy?

Edited by zhellon
4 hours ago, (XB1)iDEATH said:

I know, and it was awful to play as her, if you were trying to farm anything you might as well not even used her 4.

52 minutes ago, zhellon said:

the tactic of saving energy reserves does not do so much and you will lose a lot more

This is more of a preference on how someone wants to play the game. Why should they be forced to use something that is optional for literally every other Warframe? I feel like you should understand this most as you want to use other weapons besides her exalted weapons in Razorwing.

All comes down to giving the player the option to chose rather than forcing it on them.

Edited by Pixzia
1 минуту назад, Pixzia сказал:

This is more of a preference on how someone wants to play the game. Why should they be forced to use something that is an optional for literally every other Warframe? I feel like you should understand this most as you want to use other weapons besides her exalted weapons in Razorwing.

All comes down to giving the player the option to chose rather than forcing it on them.

Well, as I said, I will benefit a lot more from companion mods, so just remove the vacuum and give it to me.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I will benefit a lot more from companion mods, so just remove the vacuum and give it to me.

Which is sort of the my argument for making her Razorflies moddable. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone. 

People that want to be able to utilize sentinel/companion mods get what they want and people that want to chose when they have vacuum get what they want.

• Like 1
2 минуты назад, Pixzia сказал:

Which is sort of the my argument for making her Razorflies moddable. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

People that want to be able to utilize sentinel/companion mods get what they want and people that want to chose when they have vacuum get what they want.

Well, that leaves the problem of restoring razorfly, because you can't control them as sentinel and you can't resurrect them as a companion, which means that you will lose all the companion mods when the last razorfly is killed. Although, I don't mind recast razorwing, as it's done now.

15 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

Although stop. If I use razorwing with normal melee, link mods, and Pack Leader, my razorfly will be unkillable for level 100. Ohh, I want this.

Yes, you only need a health link, because razorfly has 3350 armor. It's so sad that we don't have it yet.

Edited by zhellon
2 hours ago, Yun_Woo-Seok said:

Instead of all this back-and-forth about razorwing's vacuum, what if we get rid of the vacuum and give the itzal's 3 to razorwing?

So make it a downgrade from what it is now and help no one? If you are saving energy orbs for later the last thing you want to do is delete all of them in one go. If you like vacuum, you now have to spam something to get an effect that you currently have. How does this fix anything?

Modable Razorflies solved this problem and will make them more helpful overall.

Edited by Pixzia
  • Like 3
3 часа назад, Yun_Woo-Seok сказал:

Instead of all this back-and-forth about razorwing's vacuum, what if we get rid of the vacuum and give the itzal's 3 to razorwing?

Or, we just make the abilities so that the vacuum is no longer a problem. For example, the removed energy drain.

Or, DE can do OverEnergy mechanics while the energy drain ability is active.

Or many other things.

Edited by zhellon

No one seems to be able to agree on how the vacuum mechanic works, so maybe the problem isn't as simple as its range, was what I was thinking. And "having to" or "being forced" to activate something manually similar to itzal's 3, works because then we can choose when we want to pick up energy orbs. Granted it would also require the manual pickup of everything else besides orbs (e.g. resources, mods, etc.) but that could easily be fixed by giving razorwing a unique vacuum that attracts everything except energy orbs, and giving it the option to perform an itzal 3 to suck up energy orbs when the player finally wished to do so. We're all here because we want the best for titania/nyx, but nothing's perfect. There's only so much "how about this" and "no, let's do this instead" we can say before it becomes nitpicking.

Having differing opinions and ideas does not devalue the opinions and ideas of either party.

11 часов назад, Yun_Woo-Seok сказал:

No one seems to be able to agree on how the vacuum mechanic works, so maybe the problem isn't as simple as its range, was what I was thinking. And "having to" or "being forced" to activate something manually similar to itzal's 3, works because then we can choose when we want to pick up energy orbs. Granted it would also require the manual pickup of everything else besides orbs (e.g. resources, mods, etc.) but that could easily be fixed by giving razorwing a unique vacuum that attracts everything except energy orbs, and giving it the option to perform an itzal 3 to suck up energy orbs when the player finally wished to do so. We're all here because we want the best for titania/nyx, but nothing's perfect. There's only so much "how about this" and "no, let's do this instead" we can say before it becomes nitpicking.

Play Mag without a vacuum using a passive ability, and you will realize that this is not the good idea. 

Well, as usual, I can repeat that you won't solve the energy problem this way, because you are trying to solve the energy drain problem equal to 1.25 and think that saving energy will actually help, but the truth is that you don't take other abilities into account. The Itzal wormhole costs 75 energy by default. And you will have to spam this thing to get the same effect that you get for free now. Yes, it also provides CC, but I think it's better to improve Latern in this regard.

Up to level 200 and if we don't have the conditions for increased eximuses, arcane energyze solves the problem, because most players don't use abilities other than razorwing and Tribute. But now, the appearance of energy leeches just resets your energy to 0 very quickly, because there are more of them than you are able to kill, the drop of energy orbs is very small to suppress this and you are not able to restore energy with zenuric in your free time from energy leeches. (5 seconds of zenurik is the equivalent of a small orb of energy, think about it). Now add more spam abilities that can get better and that I want to use. Players are not able to solve this problem in any way, except to use razorwing as a temporary measure and completely abandon the rest of the abilities. And saving energy orbs doesn't solve it for Titania, because you need them all the time in critical situations. I don't mind the companion vacuum, but as an ability, it's too painfully. 

Titania can make a great Ganner. Spam abilities also do a bad thing for Titania to become a gunner - they block your shooting when you spam. I would like to have abilities that I don't need to use all the time, because, instead of just clicking on the heads of enemies, you will have to spam more to just pick up resources. You know, it's not exactly fun and it's not very effective.

Edited by zhellon
On 2020-01-22 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Long overdue, but we are working on more Titania items! Short gif of one of the more major changes: choose-your-Tribute. This will allow you to get the Auras you want, when you want them. We will have more details to share soon - expect a batch of changes that aim to make Titania more responsive and usable!

Am I right in assuming that you're still taking feedback for Nyx, too?

So I guess the Gokstad Officers in Empyrean were a little experiment on enemy defences. The problem with disabling certain things outright is that it can make some abilities/augments rather pointless. Nyx' new Psychic Bolts simply do nothing at all. If that's the direction you want to take and "elite" enemies will simply ignore some fundamental aspects of the damage system, then I'd rather have the old Radiation procs back.

Please switch the Railjack Tactical from Mind Control to Chaos. Mind Control is simply bad. Quoting myself from another thread:

On 2019-12-23 at 6:37 PM, Kontrollo said:

Thought I'd take the time and record it. Here's one of the many ways the Tactical Mind Control is a failure:

Problems:

• As shown in the clip, sometimes the AI simply bugs out and does nothing.
    • As long as an enemy is neutral like that, they're not even a good diversion because they don't build aggro.

• There's a huge target radius for the ability, but one single enemy is picked, and randomly -- which often results in getting a weak "chainsaw butcher guy" instead of a strong one.

• There's no way to end it early, so that guy sticks around until the ability ends. Hopefully he has received enough damage in the meantime, otherwise he'd just go back to wrecking the ship. Having to keep track of these guys is just annoying.

• With how overtuned these Railjack enemies are, they don't even scratch each other. They're a mild diversion at best.

TL;DR: Mind Control sucks balls.

=> Give us Chaos as Tactical.

Edit: P.S. There's no reason not to let us access the Tactical menu while in Absorb.

8 hours ago, zhellon said:

But now, the appearance of energy leeches just resets your energy to 0 very quickly

I don't see how mag's passive works similar to itzal's 3 in any way besides them both attracting items. You can just have the itzal 3 on razorwing cost no energy and work with no animation so that it's free and doesn't interrupt your shooting.

And the problem with energy leeches is the same problem that corpus scrambulas had before they were fixed--you can't see their aura. If we could they'd be a much fairer enemy to encounter as the mission progressed, but back to the topic.

If a one second downtime is really that damning to suffer through, spamming abilities wouldn't hinder your damage output with a simple change: make said abilites one-handed actions.

Edited by Yun_Woo-Seok
2 часа назад, Yun_Woo-Seok сказал:

If a one second downtime is really that damning to suffer through, spamming abilities wouldn't hinder your damage output with a simple change: make said abilites one-handed actions.

That would be good. Titania currently uses one-handed animation, but it doesn't work as a one-handed animation. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind itzal 3 if it created a funnel for a while, or if it immediately freezes enemies, like augment did. But:

1) I should still be able to use a vacuum and it's not up for discussion.

2) If the opponents you have pull are not stunned for a while , this ability will be useless for glass canon build, because the opponents will simply kill you very quickly. If it is a remote ability (as spellbind is now), it will no longer work as a vacuum, which means it is contrary to your idea.

The problem is that if Titania gets a more energy-balanced mechanic, these tambourine dances will no longer be necessary.

Edited by zhellon

Sure. I see no reason why we can't have both vacuum and itzal's 3--we already have vacuum on razorwing right now, so this would just be an additional thing. And this is supposed to work similar to itzal's 3: pulls in everything within a certain radius around you(it's not going to be a remote vacuum like [Greedy Pull] because nobody would use that). As for cc'ing pulled enemies, the ability could just not pull enemies at all in the first place, problem solved. If it sucks up energy orbs alone, then it could cost 0 energy since that's pretty much just a QoL addition. However, if it sucks/cc's enemies as well, depending on its stats, I can see 25 energy being a fair cost to cast it.

A simpler idea is to allow us to hold the 4 button while we're in razorwing to switch between two vacuum types: vacuum #1 is what we have now and #2 would be the same thing except it doesn't pick up energy orbs. This way you can save those energy orbs for later when you really need it, and it's less work for the devs.

On 2020-01-26 at 1:02 AM, Yun_Woo-Seok said:

A simpler idea is to allow us to hold the 4 button while we're in razorwing to switch between two vacuum types: vacuum #1 is what we have now and #2 would be the same thing except it doesn't pick up energy orbs.

Or you know, make it actually something useful, say respawning Razorflies.

4 hours ago, Pixzia said:

Or you know, make it actually something useful, say respawning Razorflies.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand regarding razorwing's vacuum. Feel free to start a new topic, but you don't have to devalue others' ideas to do so.

As for razorfly recovery, it already has potential to become more streamlined via the changes original suggested by DE Reb. If tribute is really going to be changed to a "whichever buff you want, whenever you want" ability, the current method of recovering razorflies(cast tribute on an enemy then collect their soul to recover 1 razorfly) has the potential to be buffed as well. Personally, I'm hoping it's "cast tribute whenever you want to gain whichever buff you want, and also revive all dead razorflies".

edit: While on the topic of razorflies, it would be great if their overall survivability and dmg were boosted.

Titania's Health & Shields after mods + (bonus Health and Shields × Ability Strength)

is the immediate thought that comes to mind for me. Their ridiculous armor values are obviously fine as they are right now. As for dmg, giving razorflies their own critical chance, critical dmg, and status chance values, as well as letting them use mods from titania's diwata, would allow for more customization and importance to both the razorflies and diwata. 

Edited by Yun_Woo-Seok
4 hours ago, Yun_Woo-Seok said:

As for razorfly recovery, it already has potential to become more streamlined via the changes original suggested by DE Reb. If tribute is really going to be changed to a "whichever buff you want, whenever you want" ability, the current method of recovering razorflies(cast tribute on an enemy then collect their soul to recover 1 razorfly) has the potential to be buffed as well. Personally, I'm hoping it's "cast tribute whenever you want to gain whichever buff you want, and also revive all dead razorflies".

I like this idea. Would actually be useful if you got more Razorflies back from Tributes, since it cost too much energy right now if you wanted to bring ALL your dead flies back with Tribute atm.

4 hours ago, Yun_Woo-Seok said:

While on the topic of razorflies, it would be great if their overall survivability and dmg were boosted.

Titania's Health & Shields after mods + (bonus Health and Shields × Ability Strength)

is the immediate thought that comes to mind for me. Their ridiculous armor values are obviously fine as they are right now. As for dmg, giving razorflies their own critical chance, critical dmg, and status chance values, as well as letting them use mods from titania's diwata, would allow for more customization and importance to both the razorflies and diwata. 

Funny enough Mod-able Razorflies would fix this issue as well as the Vacuum debate...

Edited by Pixzia

I think the razorfly system should be better in terms of controlling razorfly. Quantity control is not the only problem. Razorfly cannot be given the command to follow Titania and they are actually always left to attack enemies in the place of their spawn. And they can't be disabled in razorwing, so if the normal form gets them too, you won't be able to disable them, which has some problems.

4 hours ago, zhellon said:

I think the razorfly system should be better in terms of controlling razorfly. Quantity control is not the only problem. Razorfly cannot be given the command to follow Titania and they are actually always left to attack enemies in the place of their spawn. And they can't be disabled in razorwing, so if the normal form gets them too, you won't be able to disable them, which has some problems.

Would be cool if they took a Khora approach, having 2-3 different modes. (only problem is you would now have 2 cycle abilities)

Attack: Act like they do now, flying around swarming enemies.

Defend: Will only attack enemies in X Range of you.

Guard: Will fly around Titania, providing damage reduction. (possibly healing you as well)

Another way to implement  this would be precepts you could pick when modding Razorflies. (if it were to be added)

Edited by Pixzia
50 минут назад, Pixzia сказал:

Would be cool if they took a Khora approach, having 2-3 different modes. (only problem is you would now have 2 cycle abilities)

Attack: Act like they do now, flying around swarming enemies.

Defend: Will only attack enemies in X Range of you.

Guard: Will fly around Titania, providing damage reduction. (possibly healing you as well)

Another way to impendent this would be precepts you could pick when modding Razorflies. (if it were to be added)

The problem is that the Tribute already occupies this mechanic. If they reworked the tribute so that there were only three buffs, which would also be modes of operation for razorfly.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

The problem is that the Tribute already occupies this mechanic. If they reworked the tribute so that there were only three buffs, which would also be modes of operation for razorfly.

That is why another suggestion was to make them precepts that you would mod for on the Razorfiles (if they allowed you to mod them). Not great, but better than what we have now.