Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Finally, my psychic queen will rule again. Thank you!

For the Razorwing getting a vacuum tho, I'm slightly worried because it will take in more energy orbs than I need and screw up my energy economy. I stopped using vacuum years ago because I want to pick up energy when I really need it.
Imagine you turn on Razorwing with full energy and there are 3 energy orbs around you. You've been saving them for later. Razorwing starts draining your energy and vacuum gives you 3 orbs worth of energy within the first second. 50 energy for 299/300 energy. They're absolutely wasted.

Some ways to turn this into an advantage:

• Code her vacuum to only pick up energy when she's 50 energy from maximum and not a second before.
  • Develop a system that gives you small percs for picking up energy past the maximum and cap it at ~130% (meaning that you can pick up 30% more energy past your maximum and spending that energy on powers gives you (for example) 10% more duration or movement speed).
  • Make a vacuum on/off switch in arsenal.

Any of these would work nicely.

Anyway, thank you for working hard! ❤️

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Psychic Bolts:

AFTER:
This is no longer a flat damage ability, but it is now a debuff. All enemies hit lose a % of defenses (values for Shield/Armor have 20/40/60/80% of defenses removed) for a short duration (5/7/9/11 seconds), making them easier to kill / kill each other when combined with Chaos! Infested will receive a slowing behaviour (not on the same % curve as defenses, still tweaking) + deactivation of Ancient's auras.
We will be doing a presentation clean up as well for more of a 'Psychic' feel in the Telekinesis.

Will Power str affect the debuff % values? If yes; will a minus to power str buff enemy armor/shield/speed like how minus str for Nova speeds up enemies? Because I wouldn't like to play with a troll that tries to buff enemy armor/shield for the whole mission.

- Lantern suggestion:

combine spellbind into this and make it so that pressing the button floats the enemies and holding turns a set number of them  (like 6 or something) into >>planted like a tree to the ground<< lanterns. (one main lantern with smaller 'nests' around it) Make them health based, instead of duration based, and make it actually consume the enemy . Make it so that you can only have like 3 - 4 'forests' at a time and make it so that only the charm is duration based. The idea being enemies see it, are mesmerized by it, they wake up and start shooting it. This gives you a window to kill the enemies while also limiting it and making it engaging.
   - Nests
   Have the 'Nests' I mentioned earlier spawn razorflies that are specific to that 'forest', but also regen Titania's personal Razorflies when they die. Either that or make the razorflies invulnerable and have the nests increase her max personal razorflies by 1 or something.

You could then give her some sort of energy regeneration based ability in place of spellbind, since it is moving to Lantern. I made Tribute suggestions a page or so back already. You also need to buff her base stats (health, energy, etc) she has the some of the lowest in the game.

Question about the Titania Tribute; will the Range of the ability's Debuffs actually be made consistent and effective? For example; currently Entangle sounds great, but when it's only 10m centred around Titania (who is often flying around away from the enemy) it does nothing.

Question about Titania's Razorwing; how in the heck are you giving it Vacuum? The reason that has been touted all over the Forums is that the physics on Archwing Mode doesn't allow for a Vacuum since the mode is just that; a separate mode of play. Does this mean that Plains/Vallis archwing will also gain Vacuum?

NYX

Psychic Bolts:
Will Bolts still just fling randomly, or will we have better control over its aim? Can it target enemies in a cone or an aoe? This is massively important to the ability's utility overall - if it still just randomly flings X number of bolts in a direction and said bolts go their own way, it may end up being the case that the enemy you most wanted debuffed will get missed. What's the possibility of making it operate slightly similarly to Seeking Talons, in that there are as many bolts as enemies targeted in the area? What about an expanding area of effect for holding it at additional cost?

Mind Control:
Simply multiplying the enemy's already existing damage feels like a little bit of a missed opportunity. Is there no possibility of affecting its damage type output dependent upon the damage types going into it?

Absorb:
I'm not so sure about this one, Scoob. Dynamic damage type sounds good on paper, but when you consider that the damage types that enemies tend to deal also tend to be the damage types they're best protected against it feels... a little weak. There's a reason why Corpus weapons do so much puncture, why Grineer weapons do so much impact, because they're effective against the other faction. As for Infested, all I can say is, if there's a toxic ancient around, blasting enemies with toxin damage gained from collected damage isn't exactly gonna do much. I feel like Absorb should either deal 'True' damage or adapt to the health type as Danse Macabre does.

--

TITANIA

Tribute:
Truthfully the auras we have now are just a tad bit lacklustre. Dust is great everywhere always, but the other ones need more.

1. Thorns - DE, I know you like reflected damage, but it's never good. It's not good on Unairu and it's not good here. A simple test will show you just how ineffective reflected damage is at ALL levels. I very strongly recommend that you update Thorns to inflict an impact proc upon the attacker when allies in range of the Thorns effect are damaged. This would be truly appreciated, as it would prevent sustained fire from any single source, although it would hardly defend against crowds or AoE, that's what Dust is for.
  2. Entangle - This really needs to either have a bigger range, or be affected by Ability Strength, as it is an inconsequential bonus elsewise.
  3. Full Moon - I would like to suggest that this provide a little more than just damage to allied companions: 5% Lifesteal-Link, 15% Bleedout-Link, 10% Stat-Link (Armour, Shields, and Health). In the case of dead companions - the Sentinel has run out of Regen lives, the cats, dogs, and moas weren't revived, Titania's Razorflies were shot out of the air, I would also like to suggest that Full Moon is capable of reviving dead or bleeding companions. This would have a 2-minute cooldown. In the case of Razorflies, they would be refreshed with every collected Full Moon with no cooldown.

I would also like to suggest that Tribute's various effects have a 10 second lingering period, adjustable with Ability Duration, so that Titania doesn't need to stick to her allies or enemies like glue.

Okay , I love the change ideas
However there is one thing that's common on both of them and I think it's a system that needs to be looked into on a whole and that is Accuracy.
On our side of things the Accuracy stat in the Arsenal doesn't mean much as we don't have a scale to gauge it on .. I've seen some weapons that 55 Accuracy is like pin point while others are like throwing a hand full of coins hoping you hit something ... Heavy Caliber with it's -55% Accuracy seems to lower some weapons with 100 Accuracy to 28 rather than 45.
On the Enemy's side , I thought sprinting, jumping, aim gliding, rolling, sliding, etc... was supposed to make it harder for enemies to hit us.. but it seems like the only one that does is rolling, but Rolling locks us out of firing our weapons ..or reloading them.. and serves as an aid to a melee dodge but not for gun play...
Some enemies are 100% perfect pin point accurate and shouldn't be ( Grineer Heavy Gunners for example ) and I think it's because their accuracy stats aren't plugged well into that they are using hitscan weapons and that the supposed Movement evade buffs we're supposed to have don't affect them.

Titania is my baby and most played frame so I'm glad she's getting looked at at least but I feel there is a little more needed out of these buffs.

Spellbind: Great ability for quick CC as well as status clear.

QOL: Hold the 1 key to cast on self. It can be pretty awkward having to aim at somewhere on the floor hoping the ability would trigger when you need to clear status, this is especially evident when in Razorwing as you probably have no nearby enemies or surfaces to cast on.

QOL: Castable while moving. Several Warframes so far have received the welcome upgrade of being able to cast while moving, and newer frames like Garuda have that by default. Her casting animations usually involve her floating in the air anyway so they would not need to be changed, just unlock movement while doing so.

QOL: More of a sidenote addition, this would also work when playing Oberon too, but add some kind of toggle to see what status effects are on our teammates. It would be nice for those who like playing a support role and can keep our squad clear of debuffs.

Tribute: Not the best ability in the world, this is just a tribute. This was always a difficult ability to see if it was working or not (in regards to Dust), and having to hunt down specific enemies for certain buffs isn't great. Only needing one soul for the 100% buff helps mitigate that search as well as offset the energy cost but it still needs more. I feel like Tribute could be transformed in to her "core" ability that not only provides several buffs, but could also be used to augment her other abilities. At the moment there are 4 buffs, so there is no point recasting it until one of those needs refreshing. Instead Titania could be collecting souls much like how Nidus collects mutation stacks, encouraging continued use of the ability and spending of this unique resource. She now has the buffs immediately at her disposal, much like Vauban mines or Ivara's quiver. Let's talk about buffs:

Dust: Reduces accuracy by 50%. Hard to tell if it's working but fine as is. Thematically works as an agile character, avoiding hits rather than blocking them.

Thorns: I rarely see damage reflection being worth it in most games, not just Warframe, as it requires getting hit which is something I'm trying my best to not let happen. In a PVP environment sure, but in PVE we are up against enemies that are much tougher and do more damage than us so it's just not viable. It could find a home with frames like Inaros or Nidus who are constantly taking health damage, but not Titania. Also if I have dust active enemies are going to be hitting me less, and if their CC'd by Spellbind or Lantern then they're not hitting me anyway. Thorns would be replaced with the ability buff/super charge I mentioned earlier should Tribute be changed in that way. If nothing else, at least add some kind of Vampiric/Siphon element to it. Rather than just doing 50% damage back, that damage is siphoned to Titania and her squad back as health. This wouldn't be designed to replace dedicated healing frames but could give you those precious seconds to potentially get out of harms way.

Entagle: Again, fine, but it would be nice to have this on demand rather than having to hunt for the right enemy to get it.

Full Moon: I'm glad that this has been extended to Razorflies as companions/sentinels are currently hidden when going into Razorwing.

Something that I'm enjoying with recent frames is how abilities feed in to each other, it's much more active and satisfying when you can make the best of those synergies. I think Tribute would be a great candidate for this kind of design, I mean she's already collecting the souls of her enemies! There is potential there for something really cool and I love the idea of you getting an ever increasing pool from fallen foes. Much like how it's satisfying to build Nidus' mutation stacks, or build Gara's Splinter Storm to ludicrous damage.

Lantern: Great on paper, bad in practice. My first experience with Titania I remember being very confused as to where my Lantern target went despite the ability still being active. That sinking feeling when one day I looked up and saw the target at the top of the skybox I said "oh.... so that's where it went". I've lost track of how many teammates who don't know what the ability is just empty entire magazines into it forcing it to float away. For 75(!) energy having the enemy ping off immediately at the slightest breeze rightfully has lead a lot of people writing this ability off. Not to mention that even if it does happen to stay in place, the charm effect can be pretty wonky. I've been killed by enemies who are clearly glowing and walking towards the lantern who then snap around to shoot me, then go back to walking towards the lantern. It doesn't matter how many enemies we can Lantern at once if they all float away and better tethered targets means nothing when there is no tethering to begin with. As suggested several times before, the Quanta alt fire cubes have a rapid fall off in movement until they stop completely and could be used as the basis for how the Lantern target is affected. Better yet, get rid of the physics all together! Spellbind is the chaotic CC whereas Lantern is about strategic area lock down. Now that Garuda has been released, it would be better to have Lantern work more like Blood Altar where they are locked in to place when the ability is cast on them. They visually float up off the ground a few metres or so but have no other movement than that.

Razorwing: Incredibly powerful and fun to use. However with the lower energy pool it's often a choice between casting abilities or staying in Razorwing, usually people pick the latter (especially when Tribute and Lantern aren't worth casting given the cost). A boost to energy might help encourage using her entire kit more regularly. The vacuum is a welcome addition to help with health and energy pick ups.

QOL: Razorflies need to replenish over time, either on a timer or synergy with Tribute in that a soul converts to a Razorfly. Holding the 4 key replenishes them all at once at the cost of (base) 25 energy. At the moment it's really clunky to have to drop out of Razorwing then reenter it to get them back so a replenishing mechanic would help keep the flow of combat.

I'm on the fence about pets being active or not. At least they're made invulnerable in its current state because there is the risk that if they were able to roam around freely that would just increase their chance of getting killed. I feel like if pet AI was improved to not sit around in pools of damage then I'd have more confidence in the system but until then I'd prefer them to still be alive when I drop out of Razorwing.

I appreciate that Titania's getting looked at regardless, these are some nice additions to be fair but hopefully these suggestions spark a discussion for developing them further! 

The Titania changes are going in a positive direction (somewhat).

There's just one issue, I'd say Titania should be the one that gets the Accuracy Debuff passive instead of Nyx, to help her cast Tribute more easily on enemies.
Why change her passive to be the debuff instead of currently only keeping it for her 4th ability. To increase her survivability when she needs to revive an ally, or open a door. or even hack a panel. Because she is unable to do any of these while her Razorwing is active.

And this still doesn't fix the anti-synergy of her Razorwing mode with needing to cast all of her other abilities on enemies specifically, especially not with her movement with the Blitz augment.

Making her instant cast the Tribute solves the issue of casting too many times (which is still slow, you need to equip Natural Talent on her), but that has been set back into her Lantern now, which can be cast up to 4x. This does not solve the problem of high energy cost. She needs her base energy pool increased as well.

On a side note; the Blitz augment itself makes using her Diwata even more useless than ever before.

Nyx still picks a single target within Range and brings them to the Tenno side for a given Duration - but now she can multiply the damage output of that enemy by her own hand!!

So does that mean that the augment will change because if you have a tigris the augment is useless now 

Also since nyx passive changed can the augment go back to disarming enemies rad procs are not usefull when you have chaos 

Also please let the crossosive effect be modable to 100% armor and shield stripping 

I think tribute should be applied automatically to as soon as a mob effected by it is killed. The whole chasing around picking up the "shade" isnt really a good solution on a squishy frame and even more annoying in razorwing form since it is less responsive overall.

Letting Titania make use of Aviator and other similar mods would also be a great idea, or adding a permanent 90% damage reduction while in Razorwing form. It wouldnt be an odd thing to add given that her density obviously increases as she shrinks (think of Ant-Man from Marvel, he gets more durable the smaller he gets). This would also go inline with the other exalted weapon users. Excal having Auto-Parry, Mesa having her balistic shield, Wukong has his defy and Valkyr has her immunity.

As for Nyx, I think the armor/shield debuff should be placed on Chaos with some synergy that Bolts do even more damage on targets effected by chaos. Absorb still seems lackluster. Why do we have so many invulnerable frames that have zero drawback to their invulnerability, yet Nyx becomes static or requires a mod that still limits her movement severely? Why not remove that penalty as a whole, let her move and parkour as much as she wants and do something else with her augment?

Even with her changes she wont really fill a role that others cant do better already.

Sooo lets say I mind control a target and dump 10k damage into it during that 4 second window which gives them a 4x damage multiplier, how is that going to stack with her augment that makes mind controlled targets do 500% more damage? Will they now have a 20x damage multiplier?

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

Every sniper rifle player simultaneously giggles in anticipation, while those with rivens yell out WHY ARE THESE FOOLS STILL BREATHING MY AIR!? 

Please, please remove the energy drain on Absorb per damage taken. Given how many high scaling damage abilities there are in game now, I don't see why this is a needed mechanic anymore.

Also, are there any behind the scenes damage multipliers going on for damage absorbed with Absorb? Like how Garuda's Dread Mirror has a 2x damage multiplier to incoming damage.

Can't wait to try these changes and give feedback!

But one thing i don't understand DE. If this is all about having less of a hassle, and now even giving a vacuum to titiania, why don't you just add a universal vacuum for loot on Warframe's themselves? 🤔

Nyx seems like she's getting some nice changes thank you.

Titania

Please do not release these changes.

Titania's main issues were... and apparently still are.

Her tribute buffs offer no real form of substantial boost to any of her gameplay outside of dust.

Entangled

Slowed melee targets don't affect a warframe that is not in reach of melee targets entangled should haved a range increased or changed because targets with guns do not come in range of this ability. But this is by fair the less worst buff available and isnt that big of a deal.

Thorns

However just doesnt make sense in anyway. Why would a warframes who's ability roster suggest it doesnt want to be hit. Who's low stats make her a one shot to just about everything (heck she use to one shot herself on walls). Why would she want or need an ability that promotes her taking damage? This really needs to be changed.

And lastly for tribute

Fullmoon

The worst of the worst. An ability predicated on buffing companion damage. She cant use a companion while in Razorwing mode? The razorflies literally get killed by heavy units ground attacks.

We needed a way to use our companions and a way to generate more drones to survive but we got literally nothing but a buff to lantern. 

Even her Razorwing needed massive functionality changes and that's not mentioning Diwata's extraordinary poor performance even after its buff.

Lastly and strangely enough...lastly.

Why didnt you add tethers to spellbind?

Overall from us 10 titania mains it feels like the ball was dropped here.

As someone who has played with both of these frames I'm glad to see that you guys aren't doing anything too crazy with them and keeping their theme it seems like you are taking us the people that still use them into account for the changes, the only thing i'm kinda worried about is the vacuum being added to razorwing, is it really added to the ability when in use or does it mean that it can make use of the mods that add vacuum? because if it's added i would like to know how big it is because as someone who uses arcane energize on most frames with channeled abilities i love being able to pick when i want more energy so that it doesn't go to waste like it usually ends up doing with mods that add vacuum, if it's added to the ability itself i hope that it's as much as half the range on the mods but it would be way better if mods applied to the ability instead.

Nyx changes sound on-target, pumped to try them out! Shutting off ancient auras and being able to mod for duration & strength-based defensive stat stripping sounds great.

Still not going to play Titania unless something big changes as I'm still seeing "Razorwing until the mission's over" as the main playstyle here, and half of her abilities are nigh-irrelevant when you're a fly buzzing around in the air. What do I care about enemy accuracy or damage reflect when nothing is going to hit me anyway? Her abilities don't mesh with her focus, being a mini-Archwing, and I'm just not going to be able to get into using 1-3 until they synergize with the fact that she's in the air and not on the ground.

It might just be that I don't enjoy Titania, so not the most useful feedback, I know...but her 4 still appears to be at odds with her 1-3. Obtuse is how I'd describe that kind of design.

Regarding Pacifying Bolts augment - what if this was changed so enemies hit by Psychic Bolts are disarmed and opened up to melee finishers (instead of confusion)?

Seems to me that if using 2 with 3, the intention is for the enemies to have an easier time damaging each other with defence stripping, but Pacifying Bolts wouldn't synergise with that due to confusing them.

Just thought it would be a fun playstyle to use 2 with 3 and then casually walk amongst the chaos using melee finishers on enemies while they fight each other.

Suggestion for Razorwing: Make it so that she stops a bit faster (not instantly, just faster) and make it so that instead of runing into things and stopping, she just pushes away from them. So, you are flying through a hallway and there is a small grineer door, you are moving fast and miss the door. You instead get pushed down through the doorway instead of getting stunned and knocked back. Same needs to happen to the floor and walls.

Could you take a look at the energy drain calculation for Nyx's Absorb? The fact that the drain scales with the damage of incoming attacks makes this skill counterproductive.

Absorb is a great tanking ability at low level because the energy drain is low, but you don't need the ability there. At high level, where absorb would actually be very useful, the ability is made unsustainable by a too high energy drain.

Razorwing will simply receive a Vacuum to make acquiring loot, energy, etc easier. Remember - less of a hassle!

If this is going to apply to ammo and energy, you're going to be wasting a LOT of pickups, and since she's a lot smaller in Razorwing as well, they're going to be filling your screen a lot more. Will this only apply to materials? Could we get some way to customise it, at least?

3 часа назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

+ deactivation of Ancient's auras.

Looks good, but what about Eximus auras too?

3 часа назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

New Passive: Enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

Nyx is receiving a new passive overall, the random disarm was on-theme, but feedback over time has always slanted toward 'new passive, please!'.

And how new passive works with Absorb? NPC's receive accuracy debuff? Cuz it's looks weird if NPC were missed Nyx Orb.

Archived