Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was fortuna worth the wait

CyrusVIII

Hey,im here to have a discussion if you guys are satisfied with fortuna,i see a few people criticing fortuna and have alot of negativity thrown their way,in 2018 warframe mostly recieved quality of life update khora which was delayed from december 2017 to april 2018 with barely any  backstory the scrifice quest and the revenant frame and fortuna in november 2018.i was looking forward to it since the annoucement but theres nothing to do sure you can do the missions in fortuna ,mine,fish but those were already in the game with the major difference being hunting ,k drive,kitguns,moa pets.

The k drive is fun and fortuna beautifull to explore but you cant do that all the time you made your kitgun you got ur pet moa and hav reach ur max standings for the day now come back tommorow.i see de get nothing but praise for this update and a few people brave enough to speack out get told  simply to stop playing.the player numbers have come back down like the fortuna update didnt happen.there is alot of content if you decide to build all the kitguns,pet moas or the k drive but for the rest who got the kitgun/moa/k drive they wanted all there is to do is to explore or do more missions in fortuna.Those giant spiders releace isnt  confirmed yet and the railjack isnt coming till next year

i apoligize if my english is bad its not my native language

Edited by Twisted0X

Orb battles are coming this year , only railjack isn't. double check your sources m8

As a matter of fact DE just posted a dev workshop for an upcoming nyx and titania rework tat will ship with fortuna phase 2 (AKA orb battles and such) so really soon ™

Edited by EDM774

Some people will never be satisfied no matter what you do.  And some people will also jump to defend DE no matter what they DON'T do.

The easiest way to save a headache is to come to your own conclusion based on your experiences and remember that the forums are a very vocal minority 

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

Well I enjoy fortuna just like I enjoyed PoE last year. Got all the things that can be gotten and am now achievement hunting (except that one bugged achievement about the caves I'm almost done with those too). When the orb battles come I'll be sure to enjoy those too, get all the new amps(?) and so on.

In my opinion?  It's enjoyable, but i'm still 100% undecided.  Unlike the entirety of Cetus, I actually can sympathize with Solaris United, as I have seen what debt does to people, and how it changes them.  Seeing them fight back is awesome, and I quite like it.  The characters are very likable, and IMO, Eudico is really cool.

I just wish my computer could run Orb Vallis better 😞

Edited by Oksanya

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Some people will never be satisfied no matter what you do.  And some people will also jump to defend DE no matter what they DON'T do.

The easiest way to save a headache is to come to your own conclusion based on your experiences and remember that the forums are a very vocal minority 

Agreed entirely.

To add on, in my personal opinion, this question serves no purpose. When Umbra dropped, I was asked by a friend if he was worth that hell of a wait, and I honestly couldn't lean to either yes or no. What matters to me the most is that Umbra is finally out and I enjoy playing him. Same case with Fortuna in my case. Was it worth the wait? Doesn't matter, I've been having fun with what's dropped and am excited for the expansion.

Apologies if this sounds like I'm trying to shut down the conversation, not my intention.

When you play warframe long enough, new content is just not so exciting for the wait anymore because you will know they are mostly the same as all other content in the game, perhaps just some slight variations with different visuals, 3D models etc.

In this game, content will keep coming, and when you finish them, you forget about them... minus the little few that people keep doing for obvious reason like kuva, sortie etc.

Not at all worth the wait. It was cool for the first 5 min but in less then an hour I got bored of it. It was just Plains v.2.0.

Forced myself  over the weeks to do the bounties, mining, fishing, literal grinding in circles for vent kids standing, etc, just to finish max rep and craft stuff for mastery fodder. 

I only liked Fortuna for the neon art. I don't think part 2 will add that much, just to kill the big Orbs by running around the map I'm guessing to take over bases or hack stuff, all to get  "meh" rewards. Or maybe even just Eidolons v.2.0 without the operator.

Im scared Rail jack will just be a new gimmick of some sort. It will be cool for a bit then get bored of it.

DE has a bad habit of releasing new  things then just leaving it after the hotfixes, like archwing, lunaro, conclave, etc...   
I know they have to move on to new things to attract new players and make money, but at the same time this makes for more half baked content that just left there forgotten. 

Even small stuff like Revenent's sword gets left behind. 

In my opinion, as someone who was looking forward to 'PoE 2: New and Improved". Not quite, but I'm reserving judgement as it's not all here yet.

It's clearly not going to convert anyone who wasn't fond of that gameplay style, but I'm enjoying it plenty. I'm just waiting on and hoping for them to expand the scope of bounties so we actually visit more than the Enrichment Labs, Growth Centre, Central Maintainance and some various places in the middle of nowhere on a consistent basis. Orbs should be interesting too.

I expect the negative opinion to outweigh the others in post like this. 

It should be no surprise that there's always going to be SOMEBODY not satisfied. Even if Fortuna was a full fledged sequel to WF with 2k+ hours of content, there would be just as many people saying it's not enough or devs completely missed the mark. You know why? They aren't mind readers and can't tailor make the game to satisfy everyone's personal needs and wants.

Edited by Hypernaut1

The only problem warframe has is they can only release one thing at a time which means if you've been playing the game for years and only have that one thing to really do when it new you will finish that and be out of stuff to do all over again. People are gonna say pace yourself but pacing yourself is border lining just not playing the game at all.

I fully expect no one to read this, but here we go- to kick it off- I feel part of why I feel what I do is because I'm bored and need to take a break. I have platinum, credits, resources, and much more to last for years worth of content, I'd pretty much lost all motivation outside of sorties and daily logins to keep playing.

Fortuna bought us three new mechanical changes that could be bought over to the rest of the games- Kitguns, Moas, and perhaps K-Drives, alongside a few mods; the rest of the mechanics (bounties, fishing, skateboarding, resource sink debt-bonds, mining) were means to that end and were already done with PoE, they weren't "new". Not withstanding that, they were redesigned in a way to slow the pace of the game down in comparison to PoE- note how fishing in particular requires you to "zap" the fish after you throw the spear?

Perhaps I was expecting too much, or was perhaps not excited enough when it launched, but I didn't find Fortuna fun per se; I already had god tier secondaries that Kitguns aren't able to reach with the same tier of rivens, grinding for K-Drive standing is a chore, and pet Moas can't even begin to compare with my 12,000+HP Kavat that triggers double resource procs and crit buffs. 

I don't mean to bring the mood down, sorry to anyone feeling a bit worse after reading this. 

Edit- I doubt I will be starting any new game though. Warframe's got me used to a level of transparency, communication, and balance/fairness that I have yet to see in another game, and honestly, part of the reason why I stop playing other games after a few hours. I'm probably going to take a break from gaming altogether for a few months, focus on my academic and professional life, and return back after a few months, hopefully with a new love for this game.

Edited by CorerMaximus

5 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

What's this? Have free though, not engage in the hive mind and group think?

Smells like Heresy.

On 2018-11-28 at 4:26 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

I expect the negative opinion to outweigh the others in post like this. 

It should be no surprise that there's always going to be SOMEBODY not satisfied. Even if Fortuna was a full fledged sequel to WF with 2k+ hours of content, there would be just as many people saying it's not enough or devs completely missed the mark. You know why? They aren't mind readers and can't tailor make the game to satisfy everyone's personal needs and wants.

They don't have to make everyone satisfied. They just fix and add on to what they introduced and never touched again; archwing, conclave, etc.. 

A WF with 2k+ hrs of content would be filled with even more resources/ standing to tediously grind, and bad RNG drop tables to keep people playing trying to get that one thing while others get lucky on their first try.

DE doesnt have to read minds..They can just ask for peoples inputs. There are people telling them whats good, bad and what to fix along with ideas; example LifeofRio had great points in his videos on youtube with things about the content drought, or things that DE introduced but just left behind unfinished. DE themselves have responded to his criticisms on his video of "What is wrong with the Warframe community".

They commented "Hmm...maybe it’s the Canadian in us making it seem like we are "too nice" for that raw constructive feedback - but we definitely do get it. But like you mentioned, it is hearing from our community that has helped us craft our game for so long. After all...we all lift together ;)"

Link to the video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pw3ThyiwM