Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller not working.

AoiUta

Hello,

Ive been using the PS4 dual shock controller for years now  and since update a few things are messed up.

The use of the Sniper mode/Aim/ Glide button only use channeling. i can resign the button to another button to  use the aim/ glide, which works but channeling doesn't work.

I was wondering if it was possible to get the aim/glide with out option for channeling, per as i hardly ever use channeling. 

This bug is not letting me use the Sniper scope for added bonus combo counter or aim/glide shooting.

I hope that this can be addressed for utility of the people that use controllers on pc.

Also hope that the PS4 update doesn't have this problem because i mainly play on PS4.

Thank you for your time,

MR_D_Grass 

1 hour ago, MR_D_G said:

Hello,

Ive been using the PS4 dual shock controller for years now  and since update a few things are messed up.

The use of the Sniper mode/Aim/ Glide button only use channeling. i can resign the button to another button to  use the aim/ glide, which works but channeling doesn't work.

I was wondering if it was possible to get the aim/glide with out option for channeling, per as i hardly ever use channeling. 

This bug is not letting me use the Sniper scope for added bonus combo counter or aim/glide shooting.

I hope that this can be addressed for utility of the people that use controllers on pc.

Also hope that the PS4 update doesn't have this problem because i mainly play on PS4.

Thank you for your time,

MR_D_Grass 

Try setting the controls to default and see if that fixes things.  I had moved some things around and had the same issues as you.  After setting everything to default and then changing stuff back again, I no longer had melee channel take priority on the triggers.

On 2018-12-05 at 4:25 PM, [DE]Glen said:

Sorry guys, I played last night on my XB1 controller and it worked fine. I just went and checked today's hotfix and it's still working fine. There has to be something special about your setup -- we need more clues.

I played on my XB1 controller this morning and it worked fine. I came back from work and it is suddenly not working - there has been one hotfix patch since morning, so I can say it "has nothing to do with setup" and something to do with the series of patches that have been released - after all, b4 the melee patch, things worked perfectly

Edited by Rammone-X
misinformation

On 2019-01-10 at 7:18 PM, StanleyFuntime said:

Anything new on this? I only get this issue with the steam version of the game.

This is probably the most relevant clue to solving this problem that I have seen so far in this thread. I will try investigating Steam and see if something changed on that end. Perhaps steam needs an update or something

ISSUE RESOLVED FOR ME

To all having this problem, I think I might have found a fix to this. All I did was checked to see if Steam had an update - and it did. I installed the steam update (by simply restarting steam) and then re-launchhed Warframe and now my issue is completely resolved.

I will keep you posted if the issue comes back. Please post if this works for you (or not)

Edited by Rammone-X
highlight

I have an XB1 Elite and it was working fine after the big update last night. Today, after the hotfix, controller wasn't working. Clicked default button and controller worked but the sensitivity was way too high. Now the only issue is I can't toggle sprint with the left stick like before, and I can't scroll any menus with the right stick ( it just zips across the screen but doesn't move the menus up/down). 

Yeah, I'm playing on PC through Steam with a wired XBox 360 controller. The left thumbstick will move the cursor around while I'm in menus, but nothing responds when I press buttons, and I can not move my warframe around on my ship when not on a menu with the left thumbstick. Nothing else seems to work.

UPDATE:

Closing Steam and relaunching Warframe seems to have fixed the issue.

Edited by SouthpawFrenzy

Had these issues as well--

Right after Buried Debts update L trigger was toggling channeling instead of aiming down sights and I was having trouble remapping channeling--  setting the controller back to default settings within the game resolved this for me.

Next day the controller stopped working all together, double checked the "Big Picture" settings which had resolved this issue originally when I first took up the game but it still still set up correctly-- updating steam and restarting it resolved this issue for me.

Many thanks to this thread for cataloging these issues and resolutions.

Awesome. This came back to bite me as well. My XB1 controller wouldn't do anything but move the cursor around. Thankfully it was also fixed by restarting Steam and relaunching the game. Now it appears to be working again. I really hate those Steam Big Picture mode presets. They wouldn't be so bad if everything worked, but there are just so many functions that aren't mapped and just don't work at all. It's beyond aggravating. Thanks for figuring this out already!

Le 05/12/2018 à 22:25, [DE]Glen a dit :

Sorry guys, I played last night on my XB1 controller and it worked fine. I just went and checked today's hotfix and it's still working fine. There has to be something special about your setup -- we need more clues.

the only clue you need is that you're testing the game with a XB1 controller only. 😄

Mine is working too but my wife can't play the game anymore cause only her sticks are working now. She's using a prismatic controller (Afterglow) and it doesn't work even if it's a XB1 supported controller. I really think you should invest in a PS4 and a non "official" XB1 controller while testing updates cause a lot of people aren't necessarily using the same controller as yours. 🙂

Tbh this double affinity week-end hasn't been worth of it for a lot of players since the game was basically unplayable.

Edited by 000l000

I'm getting so tired of this bug because it breaks the game for me. I use an xbox one controller which worked fine two days ago and then a small update broke this for me on windows 10.

As someone mentioned above, I closed the game and that did not fix my problem. I had to close the game and restart steam, which then fixed the problem for me.

same issue here. with XB1 controller.

i found out that using the steam gamepad S#&$ makes melle attacks not working, because this app is S#&$, and the B button is affected to "quick mellee", that not longer exist with mellee2.0

so, when i desactivate steam controller S#&$ app, the game uses what he always used to use : is own gamepad bindings.

but something strange happens then.

sometime, it will go back to "hey! i do not respond anymore, exept for cursor in menus!"

then i activate steam S#&$, launch game, desactivate steam S#&$, relaunch the game... then sometimes, its work s fine again.....

please, juste remove steam S#&$ app compatibility

ISSUE RESOLVED FOR ME:

Restarting Steam and the game were the first things I did, but the problem persisted.

Toying with settings didn't help; I still could only move the cursor.

Pressing and holding the home button several times, which for my controller, switches from disconnect, desktop and in-game controls.

So I got mad and kept PRESSING AND HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON UNTIL IT WORKED (for me it took 3-4 disconnects and reconnects to the in-game controls)

I have a ZD-N pro NOT an xb1 controller so this fix may not work for you. 

The home button on my controller is the "N" button. Link to follow:

https://www.amazon.com/ZD-N【pro】-Gaming-Controller-Gamepad-Compatible/dp/B07CLNQDYX/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=ZD+controller&qid=1553899007&s=gateway&sr=8-10

I hope that if all else, from this forum, falls through that this works for your controller.71bptXeI2GL._SL1200_.jpg

Edited by DannyDKing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...