Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime makes no sense

TroubleCraft

In my opinion, it would make little sense to prime Nidus in his due time, mainly because of concept.

Don’t take me wrong, a prime’s design, improved stats and orb passive are just incredible things to enjoy for just a bit more action in an awesome game

yet the idea of a prime version of a warframe based around the evolved infestation, the weapon gone out of control rather than the kind once used by the Orokin wouldn’t make sense in my opinion, design-wise.

Not telling anyone to do anything here, not complaining about anything, I just had to get that idea out.

Who knows, DE might justhave the biggest twist on us.

But there’s my opinion, argue if you wish

I’m only glad to chat :V

• Like 3

Except the Sacrifice explains much on what a Warframe is and

Spoiler

They are literally infected Dax soldiers or infested flesh of some sort. Having a Nidus Prime makes perfect sense as he's a Warframe built to master the use of the original strain of infested, the Helminth (which is on our orbiter).

• Like 4

I do know the original warframes were infested Dax.

While this attempt at control does make sense, I believe the Orokin would have discarded it should their research achieve what was sought after.

Seeing as they refined the designs to vary so much and hold a giant difference in appearance

Edited by TroubleCraft

There is also fact that Nidus's Blueprint was for VERY long time under care of Myconians. So we can asume that it was at least in some way damaged while they were studying it. Thats how we have vanilla Nidus. Now we only need to get OG blueprint that hasn't been damaged and ta-da Nidus Prime. (Thats also my theory for most QuestFrames)

• Like 1

There are a lot of primes that make zero sense at all lore-wise without Olympic-grade mental gymnastics. Why does Valkyr Prime exist as she is, when most of the available lore heavily indicates that Gersemi was a completely different frame? Why does Nova Prime exist at all when her origins clearly place her creation after the fall of the Orokin? Why does Helios Prime exist, when Helios is a Corpus-made Sentinel? None of these should exist, going by the current definition of what a Prime is, but they do, because reasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox7000 said:

There is also fact that Nidus's Blueprint was for VERY long time under care of Myconians. So we can asume that it was at least in some way damaged while they were studying it. Thats how we have vanilla Nidus. Now we only need to get OG blueprint that hasn't been damaged and ta-da Nidus Prime. (Thats also my theory for most QuestFrames)

I have a similar idea of the primes

there’s so many Tenno out there one of them’s bound to find something, even a lead.

Even so, despite the Myconians’ best preservation attempts, parts *were* lost of the only lueprint we know remained safe after the assumed discard of Nidus’ original

2 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

There are a lot of primes that make zero sense at all lore-wise without Olympic-grade mental gymnastics. Why does Valkyr Prime exist as she is, when most of the available lore heavily indicates that Gersemi was a completely different frame? Why does Nova Prime exist at all when her origins clearly place her creation after the fall of the Orokin? Why does Helios Prime exist, when Helios is a Corpus-made Sentinel? None of these should exist, going by the current definition of what a Prime is, but they do, because reasons.

Agreed

I don’t find sense in particular items

and would argue against them too if it weren’t too late and they didn’t exist already.

4 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Why does Valkyr Prime exist as she is, when most of the available lore heavily indicates that Gersemi was a completely different frame?

There are a lot of different ways to explain the Valkyr-"problem".
Gersemi could have be an alien during the Orokin-Era. And the Orokin modeled Valkyr after the Gersemi. So the Gersemi are the original Valkyr. And Valkyr Prime is the original Valkyr-Warframe.

5 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Why does Nova Prime exist at all when her origins clearly place her creation after the fall of the Orokin?

Nova was designed by the Tenno High Council.
We don't know what the High Council used as a base. Maybe they used an old Nova Prime and modeled normal Nova after that.
Works fine lore-wise. No problem...

7 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Why does Helios Prime exist, when Helios is a Corpus-made Sentinel?

Corpus were there since the Orokin Era.
Maybe a Corpus back then build the Helios, and the Orokin liked the design and made the Helios Prime.
Or maybe a Corpus got his hands on a Helios Prime, and tried to reproduce it, leading to Helios...

I don't see any problems here.
As long as lore is as vague as it is in Warframe, you can always make stuff up so everything works out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

who cares, golden maggots!!!!

I wonder if his infestation powers will have a gilded effect, they really should.

Because, just maybe, if they bothered to put audio recordings of Ordis inside completed cephalon fragments found with what I only assume is accoustic Where’s Waldo, why wouldn’t it be a nice idea to discuss the logic behind some prime items?

• Like 1

It would make perfect sense. A prime is an original, and the rest are like mass-produced versions. There would be a pinnacle evolution Nidus. I don't really follow your reasoning here. It makes as much sense as regular Nidus does.

41 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Why does Valkyr Prime exist as she is, when most of the available lore heavily indicates that Gersemi was a completely different frame?

Gersemi was supposed to just be pre-corpus Valkyr. The description for the skin literally says "Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr." How does that "heavily indicate" it was a different frame? The devs themselves literally called it "pre-corpus Valkyr" in production.

Why does Nova Prime exist at all when her origins clearly place her creation after the fall of the Orokin?

Her origins do not "clearly" place her there at all. That's just a complete misunderstanding borne of her being thought up partially by the Design Council, which people are still misconstruing to this day. There is no lore stating she came after the orokin.

Why does Helios Prime exist, when Helios is a Corpus-made Sentinel?

Helios is a corpus themed sentinel. This is also not reliable canon since it's very old content, much like how the braton was originally a corpus themed weapon. Also very easily explained by the fact that the corpus reverse engineer a lot of orokin technology, and would have made their own version of an ancient sentinel.

All these things make perfect sense.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, TroubleCraft said:

In my opinion, it would make little sense to prime Nidus in his due time, mainly because of concept.

Don’t take me wrong, a prime’s design, improved stats and orb passive are just incredible things to enjoy for just a bit more action in an awesome game

yet the idea of a prime version of a warframe based around the evolved infestation, the weapon gone out of control rather than the kind once used by the Orokin wouldn’t make sense in my opinion, design-wise.

Not telling anyone to do anything here, not complaining about anything, I just had to get that idea out.

Who knows, DE might justhave the biggest twist on us.

But there’s my opinion, argue if you wish

I’m only glad to chat :V

Actually, the Sacrifice Storyline gives us our loophole to canonize Nidus Prime.

Ballas creates a lovely, SPECIALIZED culture for our “Umbra”fied Dax.

An improved Helminth Variant could easily be written into the Tennoverse.

So your problem is solved with it’s rediscovery when Nidus PA hits.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Actually, the Sacrifice Storyline gives us our loophole to canonize Nidus Prime.

So your problem is solved.

I mentioned it higher above

Seeing as Umbra was one of the earliest mainly for Ballas to get rid of his old friend, the few frames before him would surely have been discarded should experimentation finish to create actual frames.

3 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Except the Sacrifice explains much on what a Warframe is and

Hide contents

They are literally infected Dax soldiers or infested flesh of some sort. Having a Nidus Prime makes perfect sense as he's a Warframe built to master the use of the original strain of infested, the Helminth (which is on our orbiter).

Spoiler

Warframes aren't infected Dax Soldiers, that's only Umbra because Ballas reasons. All other warframes were created from participants willing or unwilling. And Helminth isn't an original strain of the infested. It's a cultured strain of infested

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

So your problem is solved.

Seeing as Umbra was one of the earliest mainly for Ballas to get rid of his old friend, the few frames before him would surely have been discarded should experimentation finish to create actual frames.

5 minutes ago, TroubleCraft said:

Umbra was never one of the earliest warframes. He was one of the LATEST.

1 minute ago, TroubleCraft said:

See Tengus.  Or our dental chair from Hell.  Or any myriad of rediscoveries or evolutionary changes to frames and enemies alike that set the precedent.

1 minute ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Umbra was never one of the earliest warframes. He was one of the LATEST.

I’m sorry for lacking clarity there, I’m not entirely caught up on Ballas’ story

but that would atill lead me to believe Orokin would discard the original if Nidus Prime was just the first attempt at controlling Helminth

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Look man, Valkyr Prime proved that DE isn’t 100% following the lore of primes. They existed but the way we’re getting them or some of them even existing to begin with is not accurate to the lore. But hey better versions of frames > been lore snob.

Again, at the very top I am just looking to argue on the logic behind it

Just some discussions as usually do unravel here

prety interesting, this one. Whoever reads this and replied, thanks for the interesting points btw.

7 minutes ago, TroubleCraft said:

but that would atill lead me to believe Orokin would discard the original if Nidus Prime was just the first attempt at controlling Helminth

Think of it this way. You make an absolute apex form of controlled infestation in the form of the original Nidus, now Nidus Prime. But it's not something you can do on a mass scale at that level of power, right? So you have a slightly weaker, degraded version for the mass produced Nidus. This would work exactly the same way as every other prime frame. The prime is the original; the peak of the type.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Valkyr Prime proved that DE isn’t 100% following the lore of primes

Didn't prove anything of the sort, except that she looked a lot different than her basic model, which is nothing new for Warframes. Valkyr was never created by the Corpus; that's just a community misunderstanding of her codex entry (e.g. "forged", being taken literally to mean "built", instead of merely "shaped" i.e. "forged into a berserker from her original self"). So she was originally Orokin, like every other frame.

Edited by AdunSaveMe