Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE...Stop and listen.

(NSW)Zeke_

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Reading this made me cringe.

Your choice of jumping on this was pointless in the first play by play. You're only here wasting my time replying when you're not really helping with what other request. Just another evil user.

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

That's just saying fortnite has more resource than DE.

Are you telling that you don't even stop to evaluate how important it can be? The thing about a game's business model is that it is never as simple as you expect or want it to be, failing to analyze these elements that have influence will result in misunderstanding and "suggesting" unreasonable changes, especially when we don't have all the information. Whatever their current position is financially, they know they're not in position to make such change.

Edited by NekroArts

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

Your choice of jumping on this was pointless in the first play by play.

Really? Me giving you information that you sorely lack is "pointless"?

Cupcake, the only reason you think it's pointless is because it doesn't fit this incredibly naive perspective you have.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

Just another evil user.

Cringe.

Just now, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

You're only here wasting my time replying when you're not really helping with what other request. Just another evil user.

Imo DeMonkey has posted to pretty logical info on why crossplay would be extremely difficult to achieve. A couple times DeMonkey has corrected me for being misinformed and i appreciated it.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Are you telling that you don't even stop to evaluate how important it can be? The thing about a game's business model is that it is never as simple as you expect or want it to be, failing to analyze these elements that have influence will result in misunderstanding and "suggesting" unreasonable changes, especially when we don't have all information. Whatever their current position is financially, they know they're not in position to make such change.

Yet you don't know either of their conditions financially either. You're a PC user. No employee. You don't know if they have a position or not to make this change. Player on consoles ask for this and no clear answer from them. The only thing I do see common on the forums are PC members coming into console asking questions and stating the negative opinions than actual facts. 

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Really? Me giving you information that you sorely lack is "pointless"?

Cupcake, the only reason you think it's pointless is because it doesn't fit this incredibly naive perspective you have.

Cringe.

I rest my case then. And you don't seem to have any real information. Just made on top of your head. Just fake as hell. 

I rest my case then. And you don't seem to have any real information. Just made on top of your head. Just fake as hell. 

We appear to be getting through the stages of grief fairly promptly.

That's both denial and anger in one go.

I've been thinking about the reason you have for crossplay, the 'fortnite has it' arguement.

Now i don't play fortnite and i could be wrong here, but doesn't fortnite remain the same game between platforms? By that i mean, the thing that changes between fortnite updates is just skins and cash store stuff right? If that is true it would be a lot easier for Epic Games to keep parity between the platforms.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

I wonder why? 🙂 If you have no real solution to my question, then you have no reason to be here.

Just as much reason to be here as you.

My reason has simply moved from answering (because you refused to accept the answer or even the information presented) to just farting around.

It's good, very cathartic, can recommend.

1 minute ago, UseNet said:

I've been thinking about the reason you have for crossplay, the 'fortnite has it' arguement.

Now i don't play fortnite and i could be wrong here, but doesn't fortnite remain the same game between platforms? By that i mean, the thing that changes between fortnite updates is just skins and cash store stuff right? If that is true it would be a lot easier for Epic Games to keep parity between the platforms.

Correct. They do have skins and cash stores. Warframe has just as that too, except PC (You guys are always ahead) do have things that consoles don't have. Same goes for PS and Xbox as well with skins. However, skins shouldn't be the reason of cross play not making it possible. DLC has shown that logic. Even exclusive skins too. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Just as much reason to be here as you.

My reason has simply moved from answering (because you refused to accept the answer or even the information presented) to just farting around.

It's good, very cathartic, can recommend.

You make it sound like your answer is grantee, when you're not the employee.  

Yet you don't know either of their conditions financially either. You're a PC user. No employee. You don't know if they have a position or not to make this change. Player on consoles ask for this and no clear answer from them. The only thing I do see common on the forums are PC members coming into console asking questions and stating the negative opinions than actual facts. 

We are already inform on how the certification process works, the benefits of doing it this way, and a general idea on how they're doing financially. There are stats/information from legitimate sources that helps paint a general picture of DE's current position.  When you asked "why not just make Warframe crossplay, Fortnite does it" did you ever consider possible justification that they don't? And not because you're just looking for an answer but you seek to understand where they're coming from.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

skins shouldn't be the reason of cross play not making it possible. DLC has shown that logic. Even exclusive skins too. 

Skins aren't the only thing that DE has to take into account when when updating the console versions of warframe. My point was that, if all Epic Games has to worry about is keeping parity between platforms with regards to skins and the cash store, then Epic Games has a much easier job then DE would.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

We are already inform on how the certification process works, the benefits of doing it this way, and a general idea on how they're doing financially. There are stats/information from legitimate sources that helps paint a general picture of DE's current position.  When you asked "why not just make Warframe crossplay, Fortnite does it" did you ever consider possible justification that they don't? And not because you're just looking for an answer but you seek to understand where they're coming from.

That certification process is how updates and patches are given to the company they partner with such as Microsoft and Sony. That shouldn't stop it from happen. These are answers, but I don't have to accept if it does not make sense. There are YOUR answers. No DE's. It can sound logical, but it's not. 

3 minutes ago, UseNet said:

Skins aren't the only thing that DE has to take into account when when updating the console versions of warframe. My point was that, if all Epic Games has to worry about is keeping parity between platforms with regards to skins and the cash store, then Epic Games has a much easier job then DE would.

So then what do you think can make it possible?

There are YOUR answers. No DE's. It can sound logical, but it's not. 

Player answers are all you're going to get here on the forums. DE is highly unlikely to reply to any post demanding that they reply. Just saiyan.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

You make it sound like your answer is grantee, when you're not the employee.  

I don't need to be? 

Cert costs money, fact.

Cert costs time, fact.

Warframe is regularly bugged and broken with new releases, fact.

DE do not want bugged and broken releases to go through cert, fact.

This would slow the entire development process with cert working as it currently does, fact.

You're a child clinging desperately to some idea that this is all DE's fault.

Still no proof on why. ^ Just saying this out of the top

For crossplay to function everyone needs to be on the same version, that's how any multipayer game works. That's why you can log into any MMO with an out-of-date client and why any game with multiplayer functionality requires all players to have the same version of the game. It's not a matter of policy it's a matter of programming, I can't think of a single game capable of stable multiplayer with mismatched versions.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

That certification process is how updates and patches are given to the company they partner with such as Microsoft and Sony. That shouldn't stop it from happen. These are answers, but I don't have to accept if it does not make sense. There are YOUR answers. No DE's. It can sound logical, but it's not. 

Well, based on statements made by Tim Schafer of Double Fine we know that Sony/Microsofts patch certification process costs the developer somewhere in the region of 40 000$. Based on this the week after the Fortuna launch with its 5 patches would have set DE back 400 000$ in fees for pushing them to PS4 and Xbox One. I'm not really seeing anything in your suggestion that would offset that kind of cost.