Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE...Stop and listen.

(NSW)Zeke_

2 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

https://sea.ign.com/switch/138572/news/warframe-dev-is-investigating-cross-play-options

Really, just a few second google search get me this. DE already want to do it. Now, scream at Sony/Microsoft so they can open the door faster.

oOo So what if I can get two sides of this? DE is saying they want to? Yet Fornite is able too for PC, PS4, and Xbox...but not switch... = - = Mmm.... I'm gonna dig more into this. 

il y a 11 minutes, (NSW)Zeke_ a dit :

Still no proof on why. ^ Just saying this out of the top

How about YOU do your research and bring factual arguments to how and why this would be beneficial to the game? You're the one who started this thread, you should be the first to prove his point of view with valuable arguments.

il y a 8 minutes, (NSW)Zeke_ a dit :

That certification process is how updates and patches are given to the company they partner with such as Microsoft and Sony. That shouldn't stop it from happen. These are answers, but I don't have to accept if it does not make sense. There are YOUR answers. No DE's. It can sound logical, but it's not. 

So because someone is not from DE and disagree with you, his/her arguments are "illogical"? What kind of rock do you live under? By your logic, we could claim the exact same thing about your thread, as you're not from DE and disagreeing (kinda violently) with those who answered.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

2 minutes ago, Golineth said:

For crossplay to function everyone needs to be on the same version, that's how any multipayer game works. That's why you can log into any MMO with an out-of-date client and why any game with multiplayer functionality requires all players to have the same version of the game. It's not a matter of policy it's a matter of programming, I can't think of a single game capable of stable multiplayer with mismatched versions.

Well, based on statements made by Tim Schafer of Double Fine we know that Sony/Microsofts patch certification process costs the developer somewhere in the region of 40 000$. Based on this the week after the Fortuna launch with its 5 patches would have set DE back 400 000$ in fees for pushing them to PS4 and Xbox One. I'm not really seeing anything in your suggestion that would offset that kind of cost.

So how does fusing all 3 servers into one is stopping this? Will this cost more to keep it all maintain? Is that why Switch is one behind Xbox and PS4 and two from PC?

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

That shouldn't stop it from happen. These are answers, but I don't have to accept if it does not make sense.

It doesn't have to make sense to you, it has to make sense to them. It's their company that is at risk of a loss, not us. For as good as I view DE to be, in reality they're aren't as well off as I would like them to be.

At this specific time in this video (15:44 - 17:02) pretty much depicts how it doesn't matter if something doesn't make sense to you, but it's a reality that DE have to face.

Edited by NekroArts

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

So how does fusing all 3 servers into one is stopping this? Will this cost more to keep it all maintain? Is that why Switch is one behind Xbox and PS4 and two from PC?

Space magic like this is a cute meme, but not something that can actually happen.

4 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

How about YOU do your research and bring factual arguments to how and why this would be beneficial to the game? You're the one who started this thread, you should be the first to prove his point of view with valuable arguments.

So because someone is not from DE and disagree with you, his/her arguments are "illogical"? What kind of rock do you live under? By your logic, we could claim the exact same thing about your thread, as you're not from DE and disagreeing (kinda violently) with those who answered.

I have. All does not add up. Fortnite is doing. Warframe is not. One says its the certification system. That cost money. Yet it shouldn't stop them If fornite passes the same update and certification, that also cost money, yet it's not stopping it from crossplay. Plus, it only sounds like you're just here to be here. Not really trying. 

5 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

It doesn't have to make sense to you, it has to make sense to them. It's their company that is at risk of a loss, not us. For as good as I view DE to be, in reality they're aren't as well off as I would like them to be.

At this specific time in this video (15:44 - 17:02) pretty much depicts how it doesn't matter if something doesn't make sense to you, but it's a reality that DE have to face.

So is this why the switch is behind the updates? Due to money? 

à l’instant, (NSW)Zeke_ a dit :

I have. All does not add up. Fortnite is doing. Warframe is not. One says its the certification system. That cost money. Yet it shouldn't stop them If fornite passes the same update and certification, that also cost money, yet it's not stopping it from crossplay. Plus, it only sounds like you're just here to be here. Not really trying. (Insult me all you want, it won't bring him back  be usefull to this thread in any way)

Ok, now I'm gonna say something important and I want you to read it carefully. Ready?

Warframe isn't Fortnite and Digital Extremes isn't Epic Games.

Fancy, right? But I guess it's "illogical" since "I" said it.

Just tell me something. What other game than Fortnite has complete cross-platform play atm? 

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

So is this why the switch is behind the updates? Due to money? 

All new consoles in this game are usually behind the updates. Developers finish their groundwork on a new console (in this case Switch), then they pump out extra work for Switch version to catch up. This happened to XB1 as well, their build was initially behind PS4, but now it caught up with the latter.

In time, I imagine a couple months, Switch's build will be synced with other consoles.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

You were initially talking about crossplay crossplay across all 4 platforms, at least as far as I could discern (I'm sorry to say but you're a bit hard to understand), so I was addressing why PC will probably never really match versions with other platforms. As far as merging PS4/XB1/Switch goes I'm not sure why Switch is one version behind, maybe it's the devs getting used to a new console architecture, maybe DE need time to figure how how to redistribute manpower between platforms, maybe the Switch will catch up to PS4/XB1, maybe it wont.

Regardless, however, I'd say fortnite is really not a fair comparison to use. The Fortnite crossplay situation is a unique exception where other major titles like Minecraft and Rocket League are being held back from crossplay as a matter of Sony policy. Though recent events gives the impression that Sony may be opening up for crossplay on more titles than Fortnite, so who knows what'll happen in the future.

2 minutes ago, Golineth said:

Regardless, however, I'd say fortnite is really not a fair comparison to use. The Fortnite crossplay situation is a unique exception where other major titles like Minecraft and Rocket League are being held back from crossplay as a matter of Sony policy. Though recent events gives the impression that Sony may be opening up for crossplay on more titles than Fortnite, so who knows what'll happen in the future.

I agree with this. Fortnite is a gigantic titan compared to Warframe, which is at best a puny speck. The former had way more influence than the latter, it could be that Sony will only listen to Fortnite and not any games smaller than it.

3 minutes ago, Golineth said:

You were initially talking about crossplay crossplay across all 4 platforms, at least as far as I could discern (I'm sorry to say but you're a bit hard to understand), so I was addressing why PC will probably never really match versions with other platforms. As far as merging PS4/XB1/Switch goes I'm not sure why Switch is one version behind, maybe it's the devs getting used to a new console architecture, maybe DE need time to figure how how to redistribute manpower between platforms, maybe the Switch will catch up to PS4/XB1, maybe it wont.

I said cross play for 3. Not 4. PC is not in this because you guys are test rats (In a bad way to put it.) They put the updates on you guys, see what ticks, then send it over to console before upload. 

28 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Ok, now I'm gonna say something important and I want you to read it carefully. Ready?

Warframe isn't Fortnite and Digital Extremes isn't Epic Games.

Fancy, right? But I guess it's "illogical" since "I" said it.

Just tell me something. What other game than Fortnite has complete cross-platform play atm? 

Then you're saying Fortnite is doing a better job than Warframe then since they can do cross play and have no money issues doing it. So cross play is possible, but DE is not ready for it. (Plus you adding things in quotes only come out your mind. Not mines. What's illogical is you're just here wasting your own time. 

33 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

10/10 English skills.

Would get back to playing my computer thing, but sadly I'm at work. Annoying people online is the only way to survive. 

That sucks, anyways while I've been away I can only assume the newbies on switch have been taking over the forums with completely ridiculous requests?

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

3 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

That sucks, anyways while I've been away I can only assume the newbies on switch have been taking over the forums with completely ridiculous requests?

You'd be surprised.

Noticed no greater percentage of ridiculous posts from Switch players than any other platform. Potentially due to most having just started and not diving into the forums with gusto yet.

TL.;DR.:

OP claims to have researched the topic, continues to post in the "Off Topic" section of the forum while using a clickbait title and demanding audience with developers, at the same time, not being able to provide any reason, except :"I want it to be like that" and devaluing any argument that players provided.  

Installing opinion on NSW players ..... 100% (kidding, a bad apple can be found anywhere)

Edited by PurrrningBoop

3 hours ago, (NSW)Zeke_ said:

Then cross play. What excuse is for this one?

Updates release at different times on different systems.  I DO NOT WANT crossplay in Warframe because Xbox almost always gets updates a week or two after us PS4 players.  We have yet to see how Nintendo factors in, long term - but we already know 2 consoles generally don't synch up with updates, that's enough to say crossplay is a bad idea.   The last thing I want in this world is to be held back even more than we already are for the sake of the whole 20 people who want crossplay.  Not to mention exclusive skins/content.  Why should I have to download all the Xbox Jade Skins I'll never get to MY PS4 HDD just so I can play with Xbox players, nty.  If I wanted to play with Xbox players I'd buy an Xbox.  

There's also the can of worms that are plat sales.  What's to stop me asking my XBL friend to buy me 3000 platinum on discount when it's not even Sony sale time?  Then when Sony does have a sale, I buy nothing because I already did.  Sony/MS don't want that, and it's not "greedy" - no business in their right minds would want to be undercut by their competition and actively bend over for it.  

Crossplay is a fad and as soon as Sony gave in and let it happen in Fortnite everybody stopped caring.  Nobody actually ever wanted crossplay, they just wanted to take jabs at Sony for not having it, and when they added it the fad died. 

As for the console migration - it's going to be one way for Nintendo too, it isn't just Sony and MS.  As soon as that account is transferred to Switch it's not going back to PC.  This is also isn't to do with greed, technically speaking it's a Free game and you were to migrate back to PC then Sony/MS/Nintendo would stand to lose nothing.  It's not about them losing profits from micro-transactions, it's about the logistics of it all, and the fact we're all running different versions of the game.  

XBL and PS4 did also have a PC to Console migration the same as Nintendo is right now.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You'd be surprised.

Noticed no greater percentage of ridiculous posts from Switch players than any other platform. Potentially due to most having just started and not diving into the forums with gusto yet.

You're correct, I am very much surprised kinda expected them to come in like they own the place.

For a topic in the off-topic section, this is certainly off section.

I don't understand or share the sentiment for cross-play. I get it that some (many? whatever) people want it, but there is no real clue on what percentage of the total WF playerbase they are because such players tend to be more vocal. Perhaps DE has a better understanding on that question, and there are certainly very good reasons crossplay has not happened so far. From my perspective, I'll just give one: I would hate it if the PC version was kept behind to coincide with consoles. About three weeks in, and Fortuna is not released on PS4 and XB1. Bugs or not, I prefer that it's here than having to wait.

For an actual chance of feedback from DE, go to the feedback section, and with a better opening post.

Fortnite is a paid game, yes it has a free mode, but it is in face a paid game. Paid games can circumvent the cert process and are not comparable to the crap free games like Warframe have to go through to push even the tiniest of updates.