" On Hold " for pets --- high level missions

xNenex

I usually find the pets are so squishy at high level survival missions and also just goes out of range just to kill itself.
most of the time instead of killing the enemies it just a game of reviving the pets .. mostly in MOT survival. 
it would nice like if there was a option which can allow us to " Hold on " for pets and it can stick to the warframe within a small radius and move along with it
and not stand still.
it would be a good idea ?! 

Mine was fine last time I went to Mot... So I am fairly neutral on this idea. I would just let mine run free.

Besides, what is the benefit of your pet staying near you? It can still get shot and killed. 

• The only benefit I can imagine is "a lower distance to cover to revive the pet".

my experience is mostly like  my pet will jump on 3 heavy gunner kills itself  and i see my team flame me. " who's pet is that " and even worst .

Like they are good .. while on exterminate,defense and any other missions. but in survival it goes soo much off range... 

Edited by xNenex

I strongly dislike pets. They are just another thing running around on the screen that adds to the confusion of what to shoot and what not to, plus blocking your bullets. More trouble than they are worth tbh. And empty slot is much more consistent and less frustrating than having a pet there.

I'd rather them get a complete rework, the AI controlling them is idiotic beyond any patching that doesn't make them straight out immortal. I lost count of how many times my four legged (and MOA pets too since they behave the same way) sidekick stood inside the freaking AoE of ospreys landmines staring at them like they were bloody candies or some other treat. Wanna talk about how they get downed and they die 2 to 4 seconds later? not like a way to say but actual 2 or 4 seconds and this happened several times in a row with a multi formaed pet with maxed health and armor mod.

The point is, if I have to put my pet on hold for every time it could attempt to do something stupid I'd walk with a cosmetic pet. Other than bully low level trash mobs and their occasion buffs pets have very limited use IMHO. Too stupid to be reliable in almost every combat situations