Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dorm rooms in Dojo?

LtKeirebuFishburne

You kinda can.

I have an assigned elevator leading to a floor with hallways that branch off into individual rooms they can add as a personal room.and then edit. I have it so they can do this only after obtaining a certain rank in the clan so I know they're trustworthy, though. This way people can pick the room they want.

There's one of two ways to do this (partially) 

Build smaller areas in larger rooms like the inspirational halls, gardens etc using walls 

Build many dead end connectors. 

In either case the architect will have full access to edit everything not just that one room. 

You will have to juggle him between the roles and babysit him so he, doesn't make changes to other areas. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)ALG Minuscule36:

You kinda can.

I have an assigned elevator leading to a floor with hallways that branch off into individual rooms they can add as a personal room.and then edit. I have it so they can do this only after obtaining a certain rank in the clan so I know they're trustworthy, though. This way people can pick the room they want.

Hm?

But after you got them the right to place decorations, theoretically they could do that everywhere in the dojo, not just in this one place?

Or am i missing something here?

Besides, i agree with this, and you should post it in the correct feedback-section to have atleast a tiny chance it gets seen.

Someone wants to build in our Dojo now aswell, and although i do not assume any bad intentions from him, i still fear to give him the rights to decorate.

Because he could mess up alot of work by accident. If he moves a decoration (by accident or on purpose to see something) somewhere, it might mess up the whole room - because we all "bug" items into each other, and once they are funded you cant rebuild it in the same way as in the unfunded state.

Also, its possible to delete items in one room from another room! This alone makes me fear to give an unexperienced player the rights to decorate.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DreisterDino:

Also, its possible to delete items in one room from another room! This alone makes me fear to give an unexperienced player the rights to decorate.

Ye. A few players in my Clan have "dorms" but i supervised them Building and did most out of bounds/Buggy stuff myself to prevent them from accidently wrecking stuff . And for other rooms, i Trust them enough to ask me at least before Touching anything there

Gerade eben schrieb Eisdschungel:

And for other rooms, i Trust them enough to ask me at least before Touching anything there

Well, like i said i dont think that the person has any bad intentions. But something can always happen.

And i think when you have the rights to decorate, the temptation of simply looking around in a room with the tool can be there and when i am offline, why ask?

Because everyone would think "i surely wont touch or destroy anything", but then a click by accident happens, a lag follows, and suddenly something is ruined 😀

I know this is really pessimistic but it might happen, and i guess you know how much time it takes to build something^^

vor 1 Minute schrieb DreisterDino:

And i think when you have the rights to decorate, the temptation of simply looking around in a room with the tool can be there and when i am offline, why ask?

Because everyone would think "i surely wont touch or destroy anything", but then a click by accident happens, a lag follows, and suddenly something is ruined 😀

Did this so many Times to myself. Out of the 4 People that have decorating rights only my leader will go into Deco mode. And then its only to be my Auto contribute mode 

10 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Hm?

But after you got them the right to place decorations, theoretically they could do that everywhere in the dojo, not just in this one place?

Or am i missing something here?

Besides, i agree with this, and you should post it in the correct feedback-section to have atleast a tiny chance it gets seen.

Someone wants to build in our Dojo now aswell, and although i do not assume any bad intentions from him, i still fear to give him the rights to decorate.

Because he could mess up alot of work by accident. If he moves a decoration (by accident or on purpose to see something) somewhere, it might mess up the whole room - because we all "bug" items into each other, and once they are funded you cant rebuild it in the same way as in the unfunded state.

The members are friends, and they know they're not allowed to alter anything else. Lot of trust that goes around, and over 3 years it hasn't been broken.