Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

four players in Orb Vallis seems empty

Waffles-Maximus

29 minutes ago, Waffles-Maximus said:

What do you guys think?

Fortuna is a social hub. It is allowed more than four players.

The OV area though, I do not think more than four would work. There are enough issues already with just four people. 

• I do not even think more than four would make it feel any better.
Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Fortuna is a social hub. It is allowed more than four players.

The OV area though, I do not think more than four would work. There are enough issues already with just four people. 

• I do not even think more than four would make it feel any better.

Thanks for reminder. Changed topic title

Dunno, I just solo that place, can't be bothered with buggy host migrations whenever 1 assbutt can't wait 10 seconds for whoever's last to get to extraction, that and also the fact that I haven't met 1 squad that took advantage of the ability to take more bounties in the Vallis.

Sure it might be nice, but considering they already have to limit the animations of enemies in the distance for example because of performance, i dont think it gets better with more players. Also, basically all Bounty Missions had to be reworked completly, because with 8 Players the bountys we have now would be a joke. We would just end up with 2 players doing the bounty while 6 players mine, fish and k-drive around 😛

I just hope Railjack will offer 8 (or only 6) player groups, but i even doubt that this will happen.

5 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Sure it might be nice, but considering they already have to limit the animations of enemies in the distance for example because of performance, i dont think it gets better with more players. Also, basically all Bounty Missions had to be reworked completly, because with 8 Players the bountys we have now would be a joke. We would just end up with 2 players doing the bounty while 6 players mine, fish and k-drive around 😛

I just hope Railjack will offer 8 (or only 6) player groups, but i even doubt that this will happen.

Good point. It would be nice if DE got dedicated servers

9 minutes ago, Waffles-Maximus said:

It would be nice if DE got dedicated servers

Doesn't change the fact the game is built around an assumed 1 - 4 players. Lag would likely go up across the board with dedicated servers as well, along with not changing the performance trade-offs already done.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Doesn't change the fact the game is built around an assumed 1 - 4 players. Lag would likely go up across the board with dedicated servers as well, along with not changing the performance trade-offs already done.

Indeed - lag can still be a problem, even with dedicated servers, depending on where you are, the server location and the connection route used.

At least it might solve the host migration issue though.

Even if there were 8, I dont think it would make it any less empty.

But for those Toroid farms, the enemy would have to ask for the Capital Ship to fire at us to do anything and... it would only make us stop what we are doing just to see how much it can scratch the painting of the Warframes.