Which snipers are your guys fav and do they belong here?

180Degree

Just like the title states....
I have heard this question so many times and it's time to discuss it for 1ce and for all.

Which sniper rifles are the best when it comes to daily use for all kinds of mobs.... i personally am a sniper player so my list goes something like this (remember this is all personal preference)
Rubico>Vectis>Lanka>Wraith

And to the question do the snipers belong in warframe... yes they do why? now hear me out. Early on when this game had only closed instances i would argue too with the sniper concept but now we have big area's like Cetus/Fortuna and other instances i think snipers are the best to use out there... and ofc they do suffer from DMG falloff but i also think that it does not matter to some of these snipers at some extend.
There is nothing more satisfying then clipping a grineer and one of those flying motor thingy's with your boomstick... 

Tell me what you prefer below and ofc what you use it for? 

Signing out ~

"Tigris!"

Not really though. I prefer Lanka and Vulkar Wraith. I am not sure which I like better.

• Lanka is good for playing around.
  • Wraith is better for achieving something.
  • Both work well for what I want.
Edited by krc473

I like more or less all of them equally, though I think Vulkar Wraith is best outside of the Plains since it's low zoom, high capacity and ability to deliver fast follow-up shots make it the best sniper for closer ranges, or games where you don't know what to expect/joining randoms.

in terms of dedicated long range solo play on the Plains, I'd say Rubico Prime suits me best. still wanting a proper bolt action/Anti-Materiel Rifle

Just now, Legion-Shields said:

Wait I thought Tigris was a shotgun.

it is, but shotguns have a very long effective range in warframe and the Tigris still deals enough damage after falloff to kill things instantly. Shotguns can actually kill things IRL from well over 100 yards away, it's just your chance of hitting anything at that distance is slim and many games tweak shotguns for balance reasons. warframe is not really one of those games: Shotguns are arguably the most powerful weapons overall.

Feel like Lanka doesn't really do it for me... the looks the charge etc people write my Rubico off like it's trash *Sniff but it's actually really good when you land all the 5 shots on some target with ridicilous crit rate and DMG on it... Hunters munition does compliment it too.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I like more or less all of them equally, though I think Vulkar Wraith is best outside of the Plains since it's low zoom, high capacity and ability to deliver fast follow-up shots make it the best sniper for closer ranges, or games where you don't know what to expect/joining randoms.

in terms of dedicated long range solo play on the Plains, I'd say Rubico Prime suits me best. still wanting a proper bolt action/Anti-Materiel Rifle

it is, but shotguns have a very long effective range in warframe and the Tigris still deals enough damage after falloff to kill things instantly. Shotguns can actually kill things IRL from well over 100 yards away, it's just your chance of hitting anything at that distance is slim and many games tweak shotguns for balance reasons. warframe is not really one of those games: Shotguns are arguably the most powerful weapons overall.

Ooh nice

Problem with snipers in WF is that they deal a lot of dmg but still got low kps (kill per second) potential imo

The only real use for them is to deal with bosses, tougher units (like bombards) and eidolons (probably orbs too when they will be killable)

I mean its kinda pointless to use snipers for regural units where 5-10% of the dmg is gonna 1shot them and the other 95-90% just goes to waste

For me its rubico

Once i get the Combo going it oneshot Everything Close thats Not a sortie 3 eximus nox while still having a firerate and reload Speed Good enough to make me Top dd most of the time.

Worst sniper? Lanka

I can already Feel the hate for saying that but i Really find chargeups disgusting.  So i also use my rubico for eidolons

For me it is basically "what is least bad" question because we do not have singly comfy rifle.

I use maxed lanka with crit dmg+dmg riven to 1shots ships,eidolons etc

I had
Crit chance
Crit dmg
damage
-ammo

Vectis riven and it was really,really BAD experience.

Rubico does feel very nice,but still I'm looking for something that can kill more targets

Yes it is fun to deal 1 billion damage to 1 monster per second,but it is not fun enough for me.

so for me 
Sicarus prime>Lanka>Rubico>Vectis>opticor>tiberon
yes those are sniper rifles,deal with it. :^)

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

For me it is basically "what is least bad" question because we do not have singly comfy rifle.

I use maxed lanka with crit dmg+dmg riven to 1shots ships,eidolons etc

I had
Crit chance
Crit dmg
damage
-ammo

Vectis riven and it was really,really BAD experience.

Rubico does feel very nice,but still I'm looking for something that can kill more targets

Yes it is fun to deal 1 billion damage to 1 monster per second,but it is not fun enough for me.

so for me 
Sicarus prime>Lanka>Rubico>Vectis>opticor>tiberon
yes those are sniper rifles,deal with it. :^)

Sicarus Prime!!! 

Golden xD

6 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Zakti loaded with HE-Domsday Darts

Idk how i feel about that...

I've seen the zakti do stupid dmg tho...

Pyrana Prime is my little devil ruins hordes of enemy's and can be devestating to 1 enemy from close up.

I love snipers, but the PoE was really the first time they became relavent IMO. In basic missions, I’d prefer the Veldt as is functions similar to a sniper rifle, but lower damage output. But you get a more close-quarters-use out of it than a traditional long rifle.

On the plains it depends on my task. Eidolon hunting its Lanka, otherwise I’ve got my Vectis Prime most times.