The bosses are IMPOSSIBLE and are really making me wanna give up.

(NSW)negazina

It makes me sad. I spent 2 HOURS on trying to get The Jackal’s health down in a single match til I just ended up quitting. Solo using Mesa I got with platinum. And to rub salt on the wound, ALL of the bosses are this excruciatingly difficult to beat solo.

I just can’t believe how BS the bosses are in this game. I almost had a mental breakdown when I was battling for almost 4 hours trying to beat Jackal.

UPDATE: so I beat him with help of a high level mate. Got to Vor in Mercury and wiped him solo in under 5 minutes with only one revive. Does this mean my Jackal WAS bugged? I’m surprised with the lack of difficulty spike compared to good old Jackal.

Edited by (NSW)negazina

First if All, with unmodded frames it pretty much doesnt matter what Frame you use. Try to get some levels into Mesa, same with your weapons. If you use mk1 stuff consider getting an Upgrade. Either Non mk1 versions or if you are mr4 get the hek.  And last but not least alot of helpful pc tenno roam in the Switch. Just ask One of them for help 

Edit: remember your words when Walking to the body and extracting takes longer then the actual fight;)

Edited by Eisdschungel

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Did you have ANY mods anywhere? It didn't take me that long even when i mistakenly loaded into a phis enhance jackal sortie with a build that had no combined elements (because I'm stupid)... Can you screenshot / list the mods you had on your weapons? 

My frame and weapons were fully modded yes.

I know its just new to switch so it maybe something didnt transfer correctly. As with all games that get put onto a platform it is bound to have some issues. If it helps at all if you have fought the boss countless times and know the weakpoints try varying what you are using or try a different tactic ? or not do it solo as it seems to be an issues at the moment with difficulty scaling with the platform transfer ?

2 hours against Jackal...  I think, maybe it bugged and was invincible? 

Since it sometimes does that, it usually dies in under 5 minutes even with bad gear. 

I haven't personally experienced it but I heard of bugs where he doesn't fall and become vulnerable even after his legs are broken, or sometimes he falls but his HP won't go down below a certain point, and other times his HP goes to 0 but he doesn't die.

Edit:
Looking through search, this boss sounds almost as glitchy as Lephantis.  In my opinion give it another shot, maybe read wiki if you think you are missing a mechanic somewhere.  And if its not dead in 10 minutes there's probably something bugged up somewhere, in that case, maybe try in a public group.

Edited by Ailyene

1 minute ago, Eisdschungel said:

Whar weapons do you use? Die you just Slap Random Mods on there or actually leveled Mods that make sense?(Serration, hornet Strike and vitality are Never wrong)

I actually may have come across a bug. When I shoot his legs, as soon as his shields come back the legs’ health is back at 100%

15 minutes ago, (NSW)negazina said:

It makes me sad. I spent 2 HOURS on trying to get The Jackal’s health down in a single match til I just ended up quitting. Solo using Mesa I got with platinum. And to rub salt on the wound, ALL of the bosses are this excruciatingly difficult to beat solo.

I just can’t believe how BS the bosses are in this game. I almost had a mental breakdown when I was battling for almost 4 hours trying to beat Jackal.

Use mag 2nd power, shoot yr arca plasmor, then use 3rd and fourth power in a row

Repeat if necessary

Game over in 1 min

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Use mag 2nd power, shoot yr arca plasmor, then use 3rd and fourth power in a row

Repeat if necessary

Game over in 1 min

You're talking to a new player, I don't think he even has the MR for arca plasmor.

OP, the bosses in Warframe are ridiculously easy to beat even with bad gear, it's only that they're not 1 huge bullet sponge that you can keep shooting at until it dies. All of them have some kind of tactic that needs to be followed. For Jackal it's all about shooting down a leg and when he falls down you shoot the body, rinse and repeat until it falls down for good.

Edit: Haven't done Jackal since I last came across him a few months ago in a Sortie, but iirc the time it stays down before it gets back up isn't based on health lost but rather a timer itself, thus why the legs regen health back.

Edited by TheRealShade

Jackals one of the easiest to kill..... just get your melee out and swing at the legs from underneath.  Also if you hate Jackal, you're going to hate some of the later ones even more....

Honestly based on what you're saying it sounds like you're relying on your abilities to try and kill everything (basically you've got lazy due to peacemaker) and most abilities don't work too well against bosses. 

19 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

2 hours against Jackal...  I think, maybe it bugged and was invincible? 

Since it sometimes does that, it usually dies in under 5 minutes even with bad gear. 

I haven't personally experienced it but I heard of bugs where he doesn't fall and become vulnerable even after his legs are broken, or sometimes he falls but his HP won't go down below a certain point, and other times his HP goes to 0 but he doesn't die.

Edit:
Looking through search, this boss sounds almost as glitchy as Lephantis.  In my opinion give it another shot, maybe read wiki if you think you are missing a mechanic somewhere.  And if its not dead in 10 minutes there's probably something bugged up somewhere, in that case, maybe try in a public group.

I have experienced bugs with Jackal.  What ends up happening is that you can damage the legs and get them down to zero health, but Jackal won't fall and become vulnerable.  I believe (based on my experience - which could be wrong) that it happens after Jackal is proc'ed with radiation.

While it doesn't happen all the time, from what you described... Yes, that was probably the boss being bugged. Jackal has been bugged for YEARS and sometimes will just turn invincible. If the legs stop going down, you can't do anything but abort the mission and try again and hope it actually functions next time.

Many people have never encountered it, so don't take the criticisms to heart on this; I have frequently encountered it two or three times consecutively.

edit: and don't wprry too much over future bosses either, I guess, because I think the Jackal is actually the only boss I've heard of having bugged unkillability like this. At least that's gone unpatched. Then again, the game is often full of bugs and questionable mechanical interactions...

Edited by OvisCaedo

46 minutes ago, (NSW)negazina said:

First up....welcome to the Warframeverse NinTenno. It is a bumpy ride at first but with time abd play, it gets way better. Keep at it. 

Rule of thumb- if you are taking more than 30 minutes to beat a boss in this game, you can always Abort the mission, check out other players info on any bugs known that are hindering the fight or strategy that might help you once you go at it again.

As for the Jackel....I have had issues with him when I started as well as seeing a different version of him when I was unprepared. Make sure you were not fighting the Nightmare version of the boss as they can be harsher for a new player experience.

It is refreshing reminder that what we old time players take as easy mode is actually a challenge that we have conquered. I wish you to keep pushing and one day, you will look back on this post and think you have come a ways as well as being glad you did not quit. 

Keep at itand find the fun.

Cheers

Now now guys. Some bosses can be a pain at the early levels for new players with few options.

The actual reason is that there isn't consumables available in the early game so when there is a spike in difficulty and your starter warframe has no means to recover health, they can wear you down. You can't just spam 5 a couple of times with Magus Replenish.

For example, I recently made a secondary account to try out some stuff and actually lost to jackal while using a level 10 volt and MK1-batron. How embassing for a MR25! 😳

Had to go do a couple of maps for levels and endo before extracting revenge.

Edited by wtflag

44 minutes ago, (NSW)negazina said:

I actually may have come across a bug. When I shoot his legs, as soon as his shields come back the legs’ health is back at 100%

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Jackal

The Jackal's main body is protected by invulnerable shielding. Disabling two legs by damaging them will cause it to collapse, disabling its shield. There's a time limit and damage tolerance that it will take before it recovers.

This is an intended mechanic. You must take down 2 legs thus disabling the shield to attack the jackal’s main body. When it recovers, the legs regain health. The legs have to regain health, otherwise you’d run out of legs to take out after jackal recovers 2 times.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

As for the Jackel....I have had issues with him when I started as well as seeing a different version of him when I was unprepared. Make sure you were not fighting the Nightmare version of the boss as they can be harsher for a new player experience.

Nightmare mode can only be accessed after completing all of the nodes on a planet.