Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The bosses are IMPOSSIBLE and are really making me wanna give up.

(NSW)negazina

It might help if you told us what other frames you have available. I actually struggled with Jackal too and hated farming Rhino because I still can't one shot Jackal so it is still a bit of a mess compared to all other bosses I've killed. When I first needed to kill him the issue was that my weapon was modded wrong and it took forever to get the shields down so make sure your weapons are modded for magnetic damage (cold +electric) if possible. After that it should be much easier to get him down.

13 minutes ago, Kcnkcn said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Jackal

This is an intended mechanic. You must take down 2 legs thus disabling the shield to attack the jackal’s main body. When it recovers, the legs regain health. The legs have to regain health, otherwise you’d run out of legs to take out after jackal recovers 2 times.

The wiki is wrong.  Taking out a single leg downs Jackal.

ETA:  Further on, it even talks about only having to take out a single leg:

Carrying an accurate weapon with Radiation b Radiation properties is also very effective against Jackal; a player using a properly-outfitted sniper weapon can disable Jackal with a single shot to a limb, allowing uninterrupted fire to the head. As soon as Jackal regains mobility, the sniper can disable Jackal again.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

I just tried this boss with a Mk.1 Braton equipped with a single 60% elemental damage mod and ran out of ammo after only taking down its leg once. (need to take it down at least 5 times probably with that level of weapon to kill it)

The leg's health regenerates to full in seconds if you don't focus one leg down quickly enough, making this a pure DPS race boss.  Stupid easy if you have the DPS but literally impossible if you don't.

If that sounds like the reason you are falling rather than running into a bug (which seems to happen way too often for what is basically the first boss in the game), then you may need to either find a group or upgrade your mods.

I have honestly never had anyone complain about the bosses in warframe.... They're so insanely easy at this point that normally people don't treat them very seriously. 

Firstly, mesa doesn't target bosses usually. Alot of abilities are nerfed in bosses. 

Secondly do you have mods on your weapons? That's basically required to kill them. 

4 HOURS to beat the Jackal? Seriously?

I'm no gamer god and I don't have especially great gear, but I was able to take him down solo (along with his robo helpers) in about 10-15 minutes (usual Rhino + Tigris combo). Though this was in a much later mission...not the first time you come across him. Might've been an alert or something, not a regular node mission.

I mean yeah, the bosses are tough, but most are beatable inside 15-20 minutes. Even Vay Hek wasn't that hard. Hell, I even did Lephantis solo (to my very great surprise). Only ones I've found "impossible" so far are Sargas Ruk and Lech Kiril & Vor. Just can't time Sargas' "invulnerable" phases and none of my weapons seem to do squat against Kiril. Needed a team to carry me for those.

Il y a 1 heure, (NSW)negazina a dit :

My frame and weapons were fully modded yes.

Ok so it is either a bug or lack of knowledge of the fight's mechanics. 

I don't for a sec believe you could take 4 hours otherwise. You know the shoot one leg until the jackal kneels, then shoot the main body, then repeat till death routine? What were you doing during the fight exactly? 

All of this might help track a bug that prevented you from fighting the jackal normally. 

Gosh... So much high level guys here saying bosses are killable with just one shot. Are you really don't remember what is like to be a new player? Did you ever play any other games? It seems like you didn't play any games except WF which you've installed in 2013, and you just don't remember what is like to be a newbie.

11 minutes ago, Ermiq said:

Are you really don't remember what is like to be a new player?

I remember taking Jackal on in early 2014, as a Mag armed with a Karak and an Orthos. Yeah, I didn't really like the experience. But it was doable. 

If anything appears to be impossible in Warframe, it may either be bugged, working as intended in very obscure ways (check Wiki!) or you're trying to take on something you're not supposed to be tackling yet, like facing a sortie level Lephantis with an unmodded Skana. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)negazina said:

It makes me sad. I spent 2 HOURS on trying to get The Jackal’s health down in a single match til I just ended up quitting. Solo using Mesa I got with platinum. And to rub salt on the wound, ALL of the bosses are this excruciatingly difficult to beat solo.

I just can’t believe how BS the bosses are in this game. I almost had a mental breakdown when I was battling for almost 4 hours trying to beat Jackal.

Bosses are trash as they are the easiest part of the game actually. U just need to learn how to beat them rather than yelling in the forums.

I remember back when I first started playing and it took literal hours to kill the bosses.. Aah the good old times...

Just make sure you level your frames and weapons to 30, slap on the best mods you can manage, stuff like damage, elemental damage, multishot (if you have it). Also remember that you can enhance your mods so you can get +300% damage instead of just +30%. Consult the wiki pages, there's plenty of great info and strategies on every single boss page.

Don't worry, we've all been there fighting these bosses, if all else fails just go in a public match or with friends/clanmates.

2 часа назад, Arniox сказал:

I have honestly never had anyone complain about the bosses in warframe.... 

You havent been talking to new players thats all.

Bosses especially solo can be and are hard for someone who has NO mods and no warframes. I dont remember how it is now but back then I farmed Jackal with Excalibur to get Rhino, it was the second warframe I'd had. I had no mods so I didnt use Excals powers. So yes. It took quite some time. 

My first jackal fight was a twenty-minute disaster. I didn't know about the mechanic to down him, spent all my ammo shooting at him with my mk-1 braton with an unranked serration, and kept getting staggered/killed by his attacks. It sucked. I had to abort. 

But that fight was what made me seek out the warframe wiki. I learned things like how much damage excal's exalted blade actually can do, what those little dots at the bottom of a mod were, and how to wall latch and bullet jump. Of course, I first learned that I'd been a complete dumdum head for wasting all my ammo shooting at different legs. 

Fixed up my mods, went back in solo, and managed to beat him (barely). His final stage was a game of hide-from-the-rockets, but I had one res left when he died. I felt incredible for tackling such a challenge. 

... and then, next run, I got matched into a group with an mr23 and barely even got to see the boss. That was when I learned just how far I still had to go. 

4 hours ago, (NSW)negazina said:

It makes me sad. I spent 2 HOURS on trying to get The Jackal’s health down in a single match til I just ended up quitting. Solo using Mesa I got with platinum. And to rub salt on the wound, ALL of the bosses are this excruciatingly difficult to beat solo.

I just can’t believe how BS the bosses are in this game. I almost had a mental breakdown when I was battling for almost 4 hours trying to beat Jackal.

Yeah sure, we'll see you when you learn to play the game, you'll say the exact opposite then.

I don't see any bosses that are actually hard to beat, except maybe Kela 'cause her battle is pretty annoying for me

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

4 hours ago, (NSW)negazina said:

Hi Tenno. 

As you can see from the answers, it wasn't supposed to be like that. The game is designed for us to be able to go in groups. This allows us to have a mix of strengths, and experience levels. The first time you take on a boss you may not know how to do the things you need to, in order to make it easier on yourself. 

Unlike a lot of the people who responded, I do remember Jackal being tough to kill when I was a newb. A big part of the reason was that I didn't understand how to mod my gear effectively. An even bigger part of it was that I didn't have the sorts of mods that would let me mod effectively. 

Both of those came in time. I know that you think that your weapons are "fully modded", but for many of us that term only begins to apply after we've added a potato and a whole bunch of forma to allow us to use stupidly powerful configurations. 

Just trying to short circuit the system by buying gear or frames you're not yet familiar with won't mean that you are better prepared to take on the challenges. 

My advice to you is to go with a team, just ask for help killing the jackal in the chat, and maybe let them know that you want to do it a couple of times to get Rhino's parts. 

Good luck with that, Tenno. 

if all else fails, ask for help in recruit chat. there's always someone who will help you eventually. jackal isn't the easiest boss solo, but once you have half-decent mods and he's quite easy. use jumping and parkour moves to avoid his attacks, and as part of a team you can get others to draw his attention while you shoot his legs.

it's worth going through it though. Rhino will take you through the rest of the starchart, and help a lot in the boss fights. don't give up just yet.

4 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

While it doesn't happen all the time, from what you described... Yes, that was probably the boss being bugged. Jackal has been bugged for YEARS and sometimes will just turn invincible. If the legs stop going down, you can't do anything but abort the mission and try again and hope it actually functions next time.

Many people have never encountered it, so don't take the criticisms to heart on this; I have frequently encountered it two or three times consecutively.

edit: and don't wprry too much over future bosses either, I guess, because I think the Jackal is actually the only boss I've heard of having bugged unkillability like this. At least that's gone unpatched. Then again, the game is often full of bugs and questionable mechanical interactions...

Kela de Thaym actually bugs out quite a bit as well

2 hours ago, Ermiq said:

Gosh... So much high level guys here saying bosses are killable with just one shot. Are you really don't remember what is like to be a new player? Did you ever play any other games? It seems like you didn't play any games except WF which you've installed in 2013, and you just don't remember what is like to be a newbie.

This is the HUGE problem with Warframe's community. The Veteran/Hardcore/High Level players have forgotten the road they once took in order to become Veteran/Hardcore/High Level.

They also are forgetting that Weapons now have MR requirements across the board.

New players cannot simply buy just any weapon & stomp their way through the game...ironically this was requested by the veteran/hardcore/high level players who felt the game needed progression somewhat tied to weapons.

But now weapons such as Plasmor, Tigris, Hek, etc. All are out of new player reach for quite some time.

The game is indeed more challenging than it was ever before for new players.

3 hours ago, Ermiq said:

I was also a new player 4 months ago... and it was easy even solo. You have to investigate the boss and not blindly shoot him... if you find him difficult (such a pretty normal all day boss) you will suffer... do you have no experience with... ANY kind of bosses? In any other games? Otherwise I dont understand how...