Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The bosses are IMPOSSIBLE and are really making me wanna give up.

(NSW)negazina

il y a 9 minutes, IntheCoconut a dit :

How do you have Mesa (from Eris) yet have not beaten Venus yet? I'm assuming you bought her with plat then?

He literaly said it in his first comment.

On topic now, since you (OP) say that your stuff is "fully modded", mind showing us some screenshots of your weapon builds? This way we could actualy tell you how to improve them, as a "fully modded" weapon can mean many things. 1-2 fully ranked mods (such as Serration) is always better than 8 unranked mods. 

Oh and how do you know that "all the bosses in the game are difficult solo" when you're struggling to get past the Jackal? In theory, you don't have access to other bosses until you beat it, as it's a criteria for the Mercury Junction. And in any case, if you're not able to kill the second boss of the game (after Vor in Vor's Prize), which is level ~15 iirc, you're definetely not ready for Bosses like Lephantis, Kela, Sargas, Ambulas, Raptors, etc., which are way more difficult in any way than the Jackal. 

One of my fondest memories of Warframe is me and two mates taking on the Jackal and getting absolutely no where.

Totally clueless. I dunno how long it was until I began to notice all the 0s our bullets were doing.

We had a blast. It was funny. It was exciting. We didn't even know about the reward at the end of it. Why we were doing it. It was just FUN. Instead of now where missions are an inconvenience before getting a reward and enemies die just looking at your weapon.

I dunno. Enjoy it, because it doesn't get much "better". Haha.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb IntheCoconut:

How do you have Mesa (from Eris) yet have not beaten Venus yet? I'm assuming you bought her with plat then?

he wrote it...

man so many ppl here forgot how it is to be new and have no mods or only flawed ones and unranked mods, have no forma/potato in anything. to play a boss blind (no wiki/guides etc.) and in solo.

OP, welcome to warframe, as many people already recommended to you, try doing bosses in "public" settings with other people or if no one is doing this boss, try the recruiting chat and look for people there. Some bosses can realy be a pain in the beginning due to lack of mods or weapons for the mechanics,if u want to complete it solo and you cant find the right strategy, check wiki or youtube or ask friends/clan mates. A complaint thread isnt the solution.

GL&HF

3 hours ago, Ermiq said:

Gosh... So much high level guys here saying bosses are killable with just one shot. Are you really don't remember what is like to be a new player? Did you ever play any other games? It seems like you didn't play any games except WF which you've installed in 2013, and you just don't remember what is like to be a newbie.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This is the HUGE problem with Warframe's community. The Veteran/Hardcore/High Level players have forgotten the road they once took in order to become Veteran/Hardcore/High Level.

They also are forgetting that Weapons now have MR requirements across the board.

New players cannot simply buy just any weapon & stomp their way through the game...ironically this was requested by the veteran/hardcore/high level players who felt the game needed progression somewhat tied to weapons.

But now weapons such as Plasmor, Tigris, Hek, etc. All are out of new player reach for quite some time.

The game is indeed more challenging than it was ever before for new players.

As someone who has played since Update 7, I do, in fact, remember being a new player, and the Jackal was super easy for me to kill even then.  You do have a point about weapons and MR, but reguardless of what others are saying, the weapons aren't the problem.  I can tell you right now that if I were to dust off my Braton, buy a Lato, build a Skana, and run the fight using only those and Excalibur and the mods I can reasonably expect to have by that point in the game I could beat the jackal in less than ten minutes minutes.

5 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

I was also a new player 4 months ago... and it was easy even solo. You have to investigate the boss and not blindly shoot him... if you find him difficult (such a pretty normal all day boss) you will suffer... do you have no experience with... ANY kind of bosses? In any other games? Otherwise I dont understand how...

This guy gets it.

4 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

and the mods I can reasonably expect to have by that point in the game 

Genuinely interested in what you think these mods would be cos I'm fairly certain I didn't even have a Serration mod (let alone modestly ranked) when I first took on the Jackal.

I kinda wanna give it a go.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

um im sorry ? i think i just used zenistar 25 seconds later went extraction  ( etc staticor every splash dmg weapon )

well if you are new player farm more then take a revenge

if old .. well mate check guides 😄

Edited by J1ha7

3 minutes ago, imbressive said:

OP, welcome to warframe, as many people already recommended to you, try doing bosses in "public" settings with other people or if no one is doing this boss, try the recruiting chat and look for people there. Some bosses can realy be a pain in the beginning due to lack of mods or weapons for the mechanics,if u want to complete it solo and you cant find the right strategy, check wiki or youtube or ask friends/clan mates. A complaint thread isnt the solution.

GL&HF

Yeah, if OP is having this much trouble, I think it might be for the best. It might seem disappointing to have other people carry you if you were hoping to do this on your own, but for the sake of progressing I'd find a party. Otherwise, take some time learning the mechanics and reading the wiki. I remember doing this fight with some friends and none of us knew why we couldn't do damage until we researched on the wiki.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Genuinely interested in what you think these mods would be cos I'm fairly certain I didn't even have a Serration mod (let alone modestly ranked) when I first took on the Jackal.

I kinda wanna give it a go.

I didn't have anything specific in mind, I figured I'd hit the wiki and see what mods are rewarded from quests players are likely to have played before fighting the jackal and what enemies on Earth and Venus drop, then make builds based off of that.  I don't think I had a Serration mod the first time I fought the jackal either, but these days it drops as a reward from a ton of low level missions and even if you miss that, new players now get the cracked version from Vor's Prize.

I'd totally say give it a go.  I didn't really think much about it when I typed up my post, but it does sound pretty fun.

hace 57 minutos, Dark_Chroma_Prime dijo:

just buying a frame wont make you good.....

when i was new i bought nekros, back at update 12 XD

also i thought formas were obtainable for plats only...

and i was a crazy happy excalibur shooting everything with aklatos unmodded XD

for OP, i know you are new but cmon XD

I feel your pain man, but the short story is, your probably doing it wrong. You got to invest in this game beyond what the actual game offers to honestly get into it. Read up on the wiki, watch some YouTube vids - iFlynn is a great place to start, and so on. The game is really rewarding if you’re willing to put in the time. And until you get to later content, it’s not actually about story, it’s about breaking the laws of gameplay in the pursuit of power and flexibility. Mods are essential and understanding a tile set helps a lot. When I first started farming Jackle for Rhino parts - build Rhino, you’ll need him for some breathing room - I was clearing that assassination solo in about 5-7 minutes easy each run and that’s slow. I was using my starter frame, had some basic mods on and understood the fight after the first run. Get in close, jump over the shock waves, use a melee that is modded for fast hitting and strike the legs till he goes down then wale on his head. Ignore the other enemies in the room and just keep at him. Occasionally he’ll knock you back and you’ll have to time your movements to get back under him, but his close range defense is really limited. Just keep hitting him.

Oh, man, I feel your pain, too.  Back when I first started playing you basically got four free revives *per day*.  Your account also started with something like twelve extra revives, and you could only buy more with plat.  When I hit my first Jackal fight I was still using all my starter gear with no potatoes and hardly any mods.  I read the wiki and still burned through every single one of my starter revives to bring the thing down.

As you get better gear, rank up your mods, and improve your movement skills that fight will get easier and easier.  It also helps a lot if you can find a squad taking it on.  There have to be a ton of Switch players in the same place you are right now.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)negazina said:

Hey guys, so a mate helped me beat Jackal and I got up to Vor’s second fight on Mercury and wiped him clean solo. Only lost one revive. Is this a good sign that my Jackal was bugged?

Maybe, haven't heard about Jackal being bugged before tho and never personally had a problem with it, you where taking out the legs first? 

Sorta surprised the thread was about Jackal to be honest. I was expecting to see a complaint about Kril since he is literally one giant Invulnerability phase with almost no feedback on if you are actually doing "the thing" correctly until he just kinda decides to stop being infinitely invulnerable. Worst boss fight mechanically speaking in the whole game IMHO. 

10 hours ago, Ermiq said:

Gosh... So much high level guys here saying bosses are killable with just one shot. Are you really don't remember what is like to be a new player? Did you ever play any other games? It seems like you didn't play any games except WF which you've installed in 2013, and you just don't remember what is like to be a newbie.

This so much. Half the people in this topic are acting like Grade-A jerks, holy heck. Maybe because I started later (on the launch of POE), but I certainly sympathize with TC. Jackal, pure and simple is a dps race that can actually be challenging if you get shafted on mods up to that point. Like, when I started, I had gotten the Twitch Prime bundle with Frost Prime, Scindo Prime, and Soma Prime, and my Soma Prime literally did not have the DPS because I simply lacked almost every mod that would have helped it. The only way I could beat him was to globe on him and repeatedly down him with the Scindo.

I don't think people realize just how junk your weapons are if you lack almost every mod. Especially so if you also have no means to upgrade them to a decent point.

I don't know if this is just how General Discussion normally responds to people or this topic is an anomaly, but some of these responses are downright repulsive/abusive.

Edited by Frostyinferno
additional comment

It's weird. My first couple times fighting him I easily won without knowing what I was doing, once with one partner and the other time with a few people. I come back by the time I'm at Ceres (I think) to farm parts and me and a full squad couldn't beat him after 30 minutes of trying. I don't get what's up with that but I noticed he was much higher level that time. Think he might just scale a ton and you have to be lucky with his level?

If you are having trouble, you arent strong enough yet.

You get so much overpowered stuff along the way it makes 90% of the game a faceroll. Plus there's matchmaking. No need to solo it if you are having trouble.

There are 2 extremes. Face roll easy or anger inducing frustration. There's no middle ground.

They haven't yet found a way to 

A ) Balance all the frames and gear against eachother. For the sake of grouping things into brackets or levels etc.

B) challenge us without the need for mechanics. Instead of AI being smarter and having better kits. They simply toss a modifier or an aura effect. Yawn.

The only challenge this game offers are the ones you make yourself. Like soloing a boss that you aren't strong enough to beat etc. 😄

20 minutes ago, (NSW)negazina said:

I did just now, took ten minutes and couldn’t get his legs down still xD

Where you focus firing one leg or just the legs in general? 

They each have it's own HP pool so if you're just running around shooting at the legs in general you are going to be chip dinging multiple unrelated legs at the same time. Which is going to make it take a lot longer especially if you are doing low damage to start off with. 

Edited by Oreades

5 hours ago, Toppien said:

when i was new i bought nekros, back at update 12 XD

also i thought formas were obtainable for plats only...

and i was a crazy happy excalibur shooting everything with aklatos unmodded XD

for OP, i know you are new but cmon XD

Reveal hidden contents

Ahhh memories....

When I was new PS had some specials where you got a Frame, weapons, & plat. I think it was called Deadly Ninja Bundle or something.

They had others but I forgot who they were this was like....3 or 4 years ago....

That was how I got Ash (who to this very day is my main & favorite Warframe).

I remember first fighting Jackal. Had no issue with him. Just had an annoying bug where he spammed missiles even when down. I remember it because it was the first time I bullet jumped. As I was desperately trying to avoid the missles.