Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Alerts / Clan specific Alerts

DreisterDino

Hey, i would be interested what you think of this idea i just had.

Short introduction:

I was thinking about what can be done with the Outposts in Orb Vallis and how to make them more interesting, and i ended up with 2 possible ways of handling it.

First possibilty that came to my mind was to make capturing them persistent, so if you capture them they always stay captured even if you leave Orb Vallis.

This offers some QoL additions like being able to start the regular bounties from there, having ammo/energy/life support there and NPC's with small extra missions you could do (like sidequests in other OpenWorld games)

This is it in short, but i explained it in detail in another thread.

The basic idea:

We have Alerts that are the same for all players.

I am thinking of "personal Alerts" that are active for each individually. So if you captured all or some of the Outposts, a personal Alert might appear.

- the Corpus attack an Outpost to get it under their control again

- the player has a certain timeframe to defeat that attack and keep the outpost under his control (and gets a reward for it like in any other alert)

- the missions might vary in terms of which units attack the outposts, what their level is and how many come to attack

- if he ignores the attack, he will lose control over the outpost again

The advanced idea:

After i was done typing that down, i thought "wait, that could be added everywhere since we have a "persistent capture system" on the star chart"

I think most of us ignore 90% of the missions on the starchart at a certain point in the game. This system could make us go there again to keep those Nodes.

- the Alerts are either specific for each player, or what might be better, clan specific

- that means, a random node gets picked where the faction that is on that node wants to get full control over that node again

- the clan gets an alert that is active for a certain time in which all clanmembers have to play on that tileset and reach a certain goal

- the rewards for reaching that goal could be ressources that go directly to the clanvault for example and a small reward for the participating players aswell

- the lvl should be a bit higher like it is usual, so Sortie lvl maybe

preventing possible problems:

If we dont play this alert, we shouldnt lose access to those nodes (and tiles that are beyond that node).

This would be simply annoying i guess if you have to constantly make sure that you have all nodes cleared.

So in the star chart case, it would be simply an addition that you can do, but dont have to do.

I think this could be a fun addition that makes us play all kinds of mission on the star chart again, playing with our clan together more often with a purpose and offering higher level content on Sortie lvl in all places of the starchart without creating a whole alternative starchart with higher lvl (which has been suggested a few times already awell.

Edited by DreisterDino

Dislike the Nodes due to arbitrations.  And if we go the path of stuff behind them is not locked why would i Care? 90% of the Missions i only Play if Theres a potato/riven Alert or a sortie. All it does is forcing me to grind for a perfectionistic  100% Nodes unlocked all the time.

Regarding the outposts. While having more stuff with them is nice, having them Stay Yours Constantly is bad since youd prolly get the Hosts sets of owned outposts. Also again, there is no real reason to own a outpost atm, since you can blink to Fortuna, start a Bounty and back in less than 30 seconds. And your idea has even more issues for me: Can these Alerts occur while im offline? And last but not least the vallis is Corpus territory. Would be strange to load up a Bounty with all bases in tenno Hand.

What i would Love to see is a reason to attack a Base, a reason thats Not "now i can defend it at some point next week". Something like have bosses spawn when capturing certain bases (Kapital Ship appear After/during a spaceport raid and maybe the orbs) After taking reflector Control, give me a Console to stop/fast forward the time of day. Or even playing a higher Level Mission Deep Inside the Base, trying to maybe Take out a reactor or something 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Eisdschungel:

Dislike the Nodes due to arbitrations.  And if we go the path of stuff behind them is not locked why would i Care?

If they were clan specific, well, ressources for your clan... or decorations, or whatever a clan might need^^

All it does is forcing me to grind for a perfectionistic  100% Nodes unlocked all the time.

No because like i said:

"If we dont play this alert, we shouldnt lose access to those nodes (and tiles that are beyond that node).

This would be simply annoying i guess if you have to constantly make sure that you have all nodes cleared."

And last but not least the vallis is Corpus territory. Would be strange to load up a Bounty with all bases in tenno Hand

Ok i can understand this. still, Corpus would occupy most of the territory (toroid locations, everything thats not a capturable base).

What i would Love to see is a reason to attack a Base

Thats what i was trying to achieve with this idea tbh 😛

That way, there would be a constant back and forth and a constant battle around those Outposts.

Right now, i guess no one really cares about them (we will see if they might have something to do with the SpiderOrbs though)

Anyway, my description of what i imagined might come a little short here, so i copy the whole thing from the original post into a spoiler here:

Spoiler

I'm gonna focus on Fortuna in this one, but i might add ideas for PoE later aswell

considering the "outposts" on Fortuna you can capture:

Right now you can capture them to start certain Bountys from there, which is not a bad idea.

I dont know yet if they plan to add something to it, but if this is all, i think it needs something more.

There are 2 ways of adding to it imo.

1st possibility: Make it persistent

- if you capture a point, it stays captured forever, even if you chose to extract

- you can start the regular 5 Bountys from there aswell so you dont have to go back to the central each time to start over

- this would be some sort of incentive to capture them

- there also should be ammo/health/energy supplies it those outposts then so you might chose to go there real quick if you are close and in need

- In public matches, the host determines wether they are captured or not

- if you are not the host but are in the lobby when it gets captured, it counts as captured for you aswell

- although this maps are called OpenWorlds and advertised as such, i agree with peter that they dont feel much like it. So on those Outposts, different NPC's (with little backstorys) could appear that offer little Missions.

--- The rewards would be things you usually get from something else, for example rare fish. So if you dont like fishing, you could do a task for one of those NPS to get like 5 of the rare fish for example. Or completly the other way around, the NPC wants you to fish and gives you something else for it.

--- Those NPC's and their tasks are constantly changing

--- If you select a task, it could be either that you have to finish it in one session, or it could be tasks like certain riven challenges or the Simaris scanning that you simply accept and then you keep it until its finished. One task for something like that could be "Find a Toroid in a cave"

- possibly fun addition (but also a bit more complicated): Personal Alerts: When you have captured all or some outposts, the player can recieve alerts that are only active for him.

--- the Corpus attack an Outpost to get it under their control again

--- the player has a certain timeframe to defeat that attack and keep the outpost under his control (and gets a reward for it like in any other alert)

--- if he ignores the attack, he will lose control over the outpost again

2nd possibility: Make it the start of "something big"

- they are not persistent, so the system stays like it is now

- but capturing those outposts is the condition to start other, more difficult and longer missions

- so all players have to capture all those outposts first

- after that, multiple things could happen:

--- it triggers a big boss or multiple bosses you have to fight, like Eidolons for example

--- it triggers massive attacks of the Corpus, and you have to defend those Outposts. So you might get a message like "it seems the Corpus try to get back the Orokin Dig Site, they might arrive in 1 minute", and then you have to go there and defend it. Corpus might send those big spiders along a big army 

--- unique events on the different outposts: On the Orokin Dig Site for example, the portal might open and different enemies might come out of it, we have to push them back and close the portal again

--- other "big missions like "massive extermination": now that we managed to get a few Outposts, we might try to get rid of all Corpus on the plains. We have to take down all the spiders in Orb Vallis alongside most of the enemies. We could be also send to exterminate the huge corpus facilities where those Toroids are farmable right now (no respawning enemies, but hundreds of high lvl enemies are there already waiting for us)

Edited by DreisterDino