Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenges that require rare or uncommon spawns need to increase spawn rate when equipped

Chaos.Blades

Rivens such as the ones to kill Wild Animals or Dargyn should increase the spawn rate of that enemy. These types of "challenges" just test your patience rather than skill. Nobody wants to sit around reloading a level over and over again or just fly around the plains for an hour waiting for Dargyn to spawn.

23 minutes ago, deothor said:

People like you make this game so much worse. You'd find excuse for everything and anything -.-

I am not excusing it, I am simply pointing out the reality. it sucks, but that's what we have. OP's solution adds unneccesary complexity instead of asking for the sane solution of removing layers of RNG

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I am not excusing it, I am simply pointing out the reality. it sucks, but that's what we have. OP's solution adds unneccesary complexity instead of asking for the sane solution of removing layers of RNG

It's reality because people like you say it's fine, it's reality, doesn't have to be changed.

In other words you and people like you shape this reality. because when DE comes in and sees people defending this they won't care to change that.

Do you get that? -.-

You screw others for something you wouldn't care one damn bit either way. And if it functioned already, you wouldn't even know it.

2 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Rivens such as the ones to kill Wild Animals or Dargyn should increase the spawn rate of that enemy. These types of "challenges" just test your patience rather than skill. Nobody wants to sit around reloading a level over and over again or just fly around the plains for an hour waiting for Dargyn to spawn.

Not that it helps the core issue, but the dargyn ones at least don't have to be completed in the same mission. Say you need 7 kills, you can kill two, run into Cetus and out again to find more.. (Unless they changed something lately.)

14 minutes ago, deothor said:

It's reality because people like you say it's fine, it's reality, doesn't have to be changed.

well, I am saying it's NOT fine, which is weird when "people like me"... wait... is this propaganda against my people? are you racist?

Just now, Rawbeard said:

well, I am saying it's NOT fine, which is weird when "people like me"... wait... is this propaganda against my people? are you racist?

Wow, everyone is racist-triggerhappy here. Do you people know what racism even means (or is that a joke?) No, saying people like you only make things harder isn't racism. 

Anyways... I already explained you that the "it's reality" arguments, if one could call them that, only mess stuff up pointlessly.

22 hours ago, wakestarr said:

Not that it helps the core issue, but the dargyn ones at least don't have to be completed in the same mission. Say you need 7 kills, you can kill two, run into Cetus and out again to find more.. (Unless they changed something lately.)

Yes, I covered this in OP by stating restarting the level over and over again to get spawns. Also, both the dargyn and wild animal rivens do not need to be completed in the same mission.

Regardless of whether you think my proposed solution is acceptable the point is these types of riven challenges are broken at a core gameplay level because as it turns out waiting/doing nothing until something spawn for you is not playing a video game which should at bare minimum be engaging.

Edited by Chaos.Blades

On 2018-11-29 at 11:54 AM, Chaos.Blades said:

Rivens such as the ones to kill Wild Animals

you mean the kill 3 birds challenge? the birds that have fixed spawn points and are always at the exact same location when you load up a new map and can therefore be done in about 30 seconds by flying to ER-PHRYAH'S VIGIL and shooting the 3 birds with any hitscan sniper that fly around there 100% of the time?

Or kill wild animals with a spear which can be cheeses just as easily because there are indeed non-random spawns to get it done in under a minute?

Or the dargyn who's spawns can be manipulated just like the vomvalists by not going near fixed grineer camp spawns so that enough spawn slots stay open to constantly spawn them in? :thinking:

i'm not sure which challenge you mean as they are all incredibly easy and fast. but maybe it's just you being inexperienced with the system.

i rather have any of those then sitting in an interception with banshee/saryn/equi and a hobbeld key while pressing 4 a bunch of times. that's a lot less engadging to me.

Edited by iHaku

It’s basically like saying “idk how the game works... make it play for me.”

i had a riven, kill 17 enemies on a transport while sliding. I was just free roaming and killed 2. Forgot about the riven until the next time I played. Oh yeah, might as well finish that, played one bounty and got the rest of the kills before the 5th mission.

Its really about knowing how the game works and playing it properly.

Have to kill dargyns with a bow? Guess what, kuva fortress assault has dargyns that spawn heavy within the first 30 seconds...