Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A possible solution to unite all players?

Unholy_Ghost

So in this game there are 2 types of players: those who want challenge and those want to cheese everything and feel like a god.

Those who want challenge are split again into 2 groups: those who want to be nerfed and those who want more high leveled enemies.

The one true sollution to please all of us would be to not have scalling enemies but scalling mods and rechargables adjusted!!!

Example:

First off things that need to be changed:

- all mods would be rebalanced to 50% at maximum rank(except corrupted mods and a few other high ranked mods);

- mana rechargables would regenerate 5 mana every 0.5 seconds for 30 seconds while standing over the rechargable, instead of 50 for each 2 seconds (total stays the same 300 mana restored);

- hp rechargables would regenerate 10 hp every 0.5 seconds for 30 seconds while standing over the rechargable (600 hp restored);

Now when you play on Public mode (with other 3 players) you mods remain unchanged 50% at max rank and rechargable remain like stated above.

But when you play on Solo, Invite only, Friends only your weapon mods rank up to 200% and warframe mods to 100%, mana rechargables change from 5 mana every 0.5 seconds to 20 mana every 0.5 seconds and health rechargables change from 10 hp every 0.5 seconds to 40 hp every 0.5 seconds. This only by playing alone!!!

If  you invite friends to play with you the following will happen:

=> for 1 friend (mods will rank up the same for both of you)  - weapon mods rank up to 150% all other changes stay the same;

=> for 2-3 friends (mods will rank up the same for both of you) - weapon mods rank up to 100%, warframe mods rank up to 50%, mana rechargables change from 20 mana to 10 mana every 0.5 seconds and healt rechargables change from 40 hp to 20 hp every 0.5 seconds.

This way everyone wins, if you want a challenge go play pub with 3 other people, if you want to have fun and feel like a god go play solo and if you want to play endurance and play as long as you can go with friends or invite only.

Have a good day fellow tennos!

Edited by Unholy_Ghost

Honestly... god no. 

What you're basically suggesting is nerfing energy and damage output to make things a challenge when in a group while at the same time making things even easier while being solo or in pairs by buffing damage output etc. 

That is not the way to make this game a challenge.

There is an incredibly simple way for DE to fix the lack of challenge for high level players, actually there's another but a lot of high level players refuse to do the other (remove some mods...) .... just give us one or more 'tiers' on the star map (Fortuna/PoE probably need to be excluded) which starts at higher levels, one can start +50, another can be +100.  Then just buff the rewards we get on those tiers. 

It's not even a hard thing to do when you think about it, we already have alerts which raise the enemy levels on a map for specific rewards.

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

So in this game there are 2 types of players: those who want challenge and those want to cheese everything and feel like a god.

Those who want challenge are split again into 2 groups: those who want to be nerfed and those who want more high leveled enemies.

The one true sollution to please all of us would be to not have scalling enemies but scalling mods and rechargables adjusted!!!

Example:

First off things that need to be changed:

- all mods would be rebalanced to 50% at maximum rank(except corrupted mods and a few other high ranked mods);

- mana rechargables would regenerate 5 mana every 0.5 seconds for 30 seconds while standing over the rechargable, instead of 50 for each 2 seconds (total stays the same 300 mana restored);

- hp rechargables would regenerate 10 hp every 0.5 seconds for 30 seconds while standing over the rechargable (600 hp restored);

Now when you play on Public mode (with other 3 players) you mods remain unchanged 50% at max rank and rechargable remain like stated above.

But when you play on Solo, Invite only, Friends only your weapon mods rank up to 200% and warframe mods to 100%, mana rechargables change from 5 mana every 0.5 seconds to 20 mana every 0.5 seconds and health rechargables change from 10 hp every 0.5 seconds to 40 hp every 0.5 seconds. This only by playing alone!!!

If  you invite friends to play with you the following will happen:

=> for 1 friend (mods will rank up the same for both of you)  - weapon mods rank up to 150% all other changes stay the same;

=> for 2-3 friends (mods will rank up the same for both of you) - weapon mods rank up to 100%, warframe mods rank up to 50%, mana rechargables change from 20 mana to 10 mana every 0.5 seconds and healt rechargables change from 40 hp to 20 hp every 0.5 seconds.

This way everyone wins, if you want a challenge go play pub with 3 other people, if you want to have fun and feel like a god go play solo and if you want to play endurance and play as long as you can go with friends or invite only.

Have a good day fellow tennos!

1. Energy not mana.

2. Pizza restore rate clchange wouldn't change much, as eigther wait it out anyway or slap multiple down.

3. Solo is already equal or easier than public.

You suggest anything here?

Players on this forum unite only for 1 purpose: To shot down any suggestion, be it good bad or neutral (in this case i'm not particulary agreeing with your idea).

So yeah.. You just united all forum users by giving your suggestion. You kinda achieved what you wanted, right :P ?

1 minute ago, deothor said:

You suggest anything here?

Players on this forum unite only for 1 purpose: To shot down any suggestion, be it good bad or neutral (in this case i'm not particulary agreeing with your idea).

So yeah.. You just united all forum users by giving your suggestion. You kinda achieved what you wanted, right 😛 ?

True, the forum really is a sad place to post ideeas.

31 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

True, the forum really is a sad place to post ideeas.

This Forum is a place to discuss ideas and give feedback on others. If you find the Forums sad because no one is bandwagoning the idea of nerfed energy and damage outputs for squads, then that's your perspective.

On topic, this idea seems really bad and is artificial challenge. The way DE markets new ideas is with accessibility. This is clearly shown by [DE]Scott's explaination of Orb fights from last Devstream. Success hinges on accessibility and part of the cause to why Trials were removed from the game.

You will never "unite" everyone if a majority wants access to everything and a minority want gated content that may require a good amount of investment before successful completions. 

Edited by Voltage

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you find the Forums sad because no one is bandwagoning in the idea

It's sad, because everyone is bandwagoning being against anything, any change.

Or at least that's what I think he meant

Edited by deothor

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

This Forum is a place to discuss ideas and give feedback on others. If you find the Forums sad because no one is bandwagoning the idea of nerfed energy and damage outputs for squads, then that's your perspective.

On topic, this idea seems really bad and is artificial challenge. The way DE markets new ideas is with accessibility. This is clearly shown by [DE]Scott's explaination of Orb fights from last Devstream. Success hinges on accessibility and part of the cause to why Trials were removed from the game.

You will never "unite" everyone if a majority wants access to everything and a minority want gated content that may require a good amount of investment before successful completions. 

This doesnt make any sense, its a damage nerf if you want to play pub with 3 strangers, this way everyone gets to contribute or risk not finishing the mission.

If you want to do solo you can rush trough content with god mode enabled.

If you want to have fun with friends you can have fun with semi-god mode enabled.

Wtf how is it in anyway gateing anything?

Just now, Unholy_Ghost said:

its a damage nerf if you want to play pub with 3 strangers

Gimping players for running in groups or public is down-right insulting. No thank you.

1 minute ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

this way everyone gets to contribute or risk not finishing the mission.

Joining the mission and attempting to help is contributing. If there is trouble with people wiping missions for new players, that is the fault of poor matchmaking and systems like Fissures that squeeze veterans into the starchart with low level enemies. This is not a power issue.

2 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

If you want to do solo you can rush trough content with god mode enabled.

We already have small incentives to run solo. For example, Infested Salvage deciphers faster, but you must keep up faster. There should be no straight god mode for playing solo.

3 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

If you want to have fun with friends you can have fun with semi-god mode enabled.

I would rather keep all missions the same and good players who run together can experience more efficient missions due to their ability, not the game handing them buffs for party size.

5 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

Wtf how is it in anyway gateing anything?

Re-read my comment:

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

There are players (myself included) who would love to see content that gives new players an incentive to work towards and has a gate for players. That very concept contradicts the "unification" aspect of your thread because a majority of players want accessibility and Digital Extremes delivers as they are the majority customer base.

You cannot simply stuff universal buffs and nerfs based on party size down peoples throats and expect it to count as "challenging content".

34 minutes ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

-Snip-

That is exactly what I do not enjoy doing. I don't normally do pub missions. I actually made this thread early this year:

Essentially, the issue of power and challenge in this game could be fixed with better public matchmaking and more content with soft gates for low end players. If you only see me as someone who wants to steamroll in front of other players and laugh at them for being slow instead of finding friends and clan mates with my playstyle, then I have no use in continuing this discussion as you insult my perspective and feedback.

9 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Well i must be in the third category then, those who don't care and just want to have some fun.

Give it time, you don't have even an year since you joinned you still have enough content to go trough.

Edited by Unholy_Ghost

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That is exactly what I do not enjoy doing. I don't normally do pub missions. I actually made this thread early this year:

Essentially, the issue of power and challenge in this game could be fixed with better public matchmaking and more content with soft gates for low end players. If you only see me as someone who wants to steamroll in front of other players and laugh at them for being slow instead of finding friends and clan mates with my playstyle, then I have no use in continuing this discussion as you insult my perspective and feedback.

Your matchmaking thread is right but your logic is flawed, the reason we have this matchmaking is because DE doesnt have serveres to support normal game rounds for people, its the people who are servers so its designed to optimeze the best 4 players in a squad based on location and most of all ping status between them.

I rather think its easier & cheaper for DE to optimize the build then buy servers and change matchmaking.

Edited by Unholy_Ghost

Give it time, you don't have even an year since you joinned you still have a enough content to go trough.

Why name and shame the persons Forum Join Date that is completely irrelevant to the conversation. @000l000 has invested quite a bit of hours into the game and his perspective should not be invalidated by his join date to the game. Likewise, what is wrong with having fun?

1 minute ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

Your matchmaking thread is right but your logic is flawed, the reason we have this matchmaking is because DE doesnt have serveres to support normal game rounds for people, its the people who are servers so its designed to optimeze the best 4 players in a squad based on location and most of all ping status between them.

Public matchmaking does not require dedicated servers to host matches. Sure, it would be a little extra resources on their matchmaking servers, but the host of a game is still a player and those who join would just be like anyone else. Prioritizing ping is a given as this improves the user experience. I don't understand what the point of this thread is as it promotes a divide in players and insults people who play in squads. Such a feature should be permanently barred from being added.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Why name and shame the persons Forum Join Date that is completely irrelevant to the conversation. @000l000 has invested quite a bit of hours into the game and his perspective should not be invalidated by his join date to the game. Likewise, what is wrong with having fun?

Public matchmaking does not require dedicated servers to host matches. Sure, it would be a little extra resources on their matchmaking servers, but the host of a game is still a player and those who join would just be like anyone else. Prioritizing ping is a given as this improves the user experience. I don't understand what the point of this thread is as it promotes a divide in players and insults people who play in squads. Such a feature should be permanently barred from being added.

First off i'm not instulting him, I'm stating a fact, if he plays for fun he plays casual and if he plays casual he hasn't finished all the content in this game like other players.

Second your public matchmaking will make squads harder to be found and with havier ping and we all know what lag does in the game.

Third the players are already divided, some want buffs, some want nerfs, some want high level, some want new enemies, some want challenge, some want trivial and fast and the public enemy to all is power creep that goes uncheked in this game. With my proposal power creep is kept under control.

if he plays for fun he plays casual and if he plays casual he hasn't finished all the content in this game like other players.

This is possibly the most idiotic and insulting thing I have ever heard.

1.) Playing for fun does not always mean playing causally it means he is having fun while playing

2.) Playing casually does not mean he hasn't done all the content, it just means he doesn't play every day for 8 hours a day. You can still have experienced all the content if you only play for 2-3 hours on the weekends

2 minutes ago, --LimboPrime-- said:

This is possibly the most idiotic and insulting thing I have ever heard.

1.) Playing for fun does not always mean playing causally it means he is having fun while playing

2.) Playing casually does not mean he hasn't done all the content, it just means he doesn't play every day for 8 hours a day. You can still have experienced all the content if you only play for 2-3 hours on the weekends

Ok boss if you say so.

il y a 5 minutes, Unholy_Ghost a dit :

First off i'm not instulting him, I'm stating a fact, if he plays for fun he plays casual and if he plays casual he hasn't finished all the content in this game like other players.

Second your public matchmaking will make squads harder to be found and with havier ping and we all know what lag does in the game.

Third the players are already divided, some want buffs, some want nerfs, some want high level, some want new enemies, some want challenge, some want trivial and fast and the public enemy to all is power creep that goes uncheked in this game. With my proposal power creep is kept under control.

If i may speak for myself i've already finished all the content and reached MR25 a few weeks ago. I don't feel like you insulted me either but categorizing players never sounds relevant to me. Casual or not we should all be here to have fun. If one is frustrated there are plenty of other things to do than playing Warframe. As far as i'm concerned i don't care about the game's difficulty as long as i can achieve my goals while still having fun - nothing else matters, it's only a game.

Not gonna lie this idea sounds terrible I prefer freedom and fair opportunity in my builds while enemies provide challenge in variety, skill and difficulty which forces strategy and purpose in the game that’s what I would prefer

Numbers only satisfy me to a certain extent 

Edited by (PS4)BloodyXSavageX

11 hours ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

What about the people who want to feel like a god while playing with friends?

tldr - this is another nerf thread in disguise.

The answer to "can the game be more challenging for me" is not to screw over a group of people with nerfs for the sake of another. It's for people to make the game as challenging as they want it to be.

Some games provide you with options such as different difficulties and damage modifiers. While other times you need to impose your own restrictions such as no picking up ammo or no using certain items.

For example I could steamroll through a mission with my Limbo. I could come back to the same mission, switch to my Loki, equip only a melee weapon and run the mission while also not parkouring or using abilities resulting in a more challenging run. The obvious issue to this is finding like minded players if you want to run with a group.