Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think weapons need attachments?

(XBOX)Kuljack

We have a huge arsenal of weapons to choose from currently, but some weapons have unique features that I think if opened up as attachments to other weapons would expand our experience of weapon diversity.

Arca Sisco (spelling?) is one that really shines in the unique department because it's a pistol with a scope (and a freaking cool detailed scope at that). Other weapons can get +Zoom but it's still in the iron-sight view. Wouldn't it be cool if we could add a scope to a Lato or Lex or Ballistica? These could be something added like an Exilus slot for unique weapon features that don't directly affect stats.

These are just a few ideas that I had:

• Standard Scope x2/x4
  • Sniper Scope x6/x8
  • Dot Scope (Weapon Energy color affects dot color)
  • Heat-Vision Scope
  • Simaris Scanner Scope (you know, so you could get scans down without having to swap away from a weapon)
  • Agro-inducer - pull enemy focus from other players
  • Flash light - cause our Warframe might see fine in dark places, but we still have to visually see ourselves in dark areas
  • Peculiar Audio clips - to make the sounds when firing sound different like "Pew pew pew" or "Dakka dakka dakka" or "The FitnessGram Pacer Test..."
  • Peculiar SFX - to see hearts or smiley faces bubble out from weapon while firing or something silly

For the regular weapon sandbox, no I don't like this idea.

However, I could see this become a thing if we get modular primary guns in the future (and potentially as a feature for kitguns but that might be a bit much for them currently). The scopes for sure would be a good thing to add to the modular system. I'm on the fence with the rest of the ideas.

Could be interesting but there are so many weapons in the game that it would take a lot of time to make models and fit them to each weapon. It is a fun idea though.

That being said I would love to see an Exilus slot for weapons that can use mods like Reload speed, zoom, or magazine capacity.

I wouldnt mind that at all, would be a nice addition for those that want it.

I'd really enjoy Heat, IRNV, FLIR or a Flashlight on certain maps aswell as a peculiar SFX that makes me shoot rainbows or that turns explosive weapons into shooting Unicorns that explode in a rainbow blast.

I would absolutely love the abiliti to customise guns with scopes and such, but im afraid warframe's tech-side wont allow it. The weapons have insanely unique designs and making a universal attachable for everything would be near-to-impossible.

Maybe if only they'll design tenno, corpus and grineer attachables and only allow them on related weapons, but still.

Scope type as Exilus mods? Thats a good idea.    We already have "zoom +" and such mods....and they all suc. Noone will waste slot on that.

A separate mod slot for such customisation would be great.

Best part is that this doesnt need any visual attachment to the weapon model.  

I don't see any harm in an exilus mod for weapons, in fact I think it would be pretty fun as long as only utility mods can go in there. It has the potential to repurpose some weapons like turning a lex into a sniper and things like that. That would give new life to some of them. 

1 minute ago, MORFIN26 said:

i would really love to be able to add silencer to some of my weapons. i allways liked to use silencer any game why warframe can't be one of those games.

There are mods that can make every Primary or Secondary silent. They just don't add something to the model. Most weapons would just look like garbage or need to be made to look right with more bits tacked onto it.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:
  • Simaris Scanner Scope (you know, so you could get scans down without having to swap away from a weapon)
  • Agro-inducer - pull enemy focus from other players

These are just ideas for mods. One has gameplay implications and the other has Simaris economy implications. 

Dont see any benefits on adding the attachments listed above considering most of those functions are already given by Mods or exclusive passives to some weapon. There are also some that could break some existing game features if they arent implemented correctly.

The peculiar ones can be an annoyance in missions.

10 minutes ago, MORFIN26 said:

i would really love to be able to add silencer to some of my weapons. i allways liked to use silencer any game why warframe can't be one of those games.

latest?cb=20171007151004

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Dont see any benefits on adding the attachments listed above considering most of those functions are already given by Mods or exclusive passives to some weapon. There are also some that could break some existing game features if they arent implemented correctly.

latest?cb=20171007151004

I can’t tell if ya are telling him to Hush or giving a example of a silencer. xD

I don't see the real benefit of such a system when mods already exist, which all of these effects could be (or already are).

Even adding effects like this to weapon Exilus mods don't seem very useful. Weapons already don't need them and piling on visual effects might just be overkill.

I always wanted this for years but DE may add it 2 years from now since kitguns now exist so why not add it. I thought of the guns being able to have 4 different attachments all at once for muzzles like a silencer,under barrel attachments like grenade launchers like that one terra corpus enemy with a lanka with a penta attachment in the Orb Vallis,sight attachments, and attachments for the right and left sides of the gun like laser sight or radar. And that there would be "Advanced Attachments" that are exclusive to specific weapons with their own designs like magazines for the Braton and stocks for the Flux rifle.

5 hours ago, GoSonic said:

Could be interesting but there are so many weapons in the game that it would take a lot of time to make models and fit them to each weapon. It is a fun idea though.

That being said I would love to see an Exilus slot for weapons that can use mods like Reload speed, zoom, or magazine capacity.

Why not just make their appearance be based on faction and that the weapon variants having there own attachments to match.

4 hours ago, Syndrella said:

I would like to enjoy a fallout 4 esque weapon moddability.

I was thinking more like Blacklight:Retribution.

Edited by (PS4)CommanderRadec81

15 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

latest?cb=20171007151004

it doesn't change how the gun sounds and looks for me.

17 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderRadec81 said:

I always wanted this for years but DE may add it 2 years from now since kitguns now exist so why not add it. I thought of the guns being able to have 4 different attachments all at once for muzzles like a silencer,under barrel attachments like grenade launchers like that one terra corpus enemy with a lanka with a penta attachment in the Orb Vallis,sight attachments, and attachments for the right and left sides of the gun like laser sight or radar. And that there would be "Advanced Attachments" that are exclusive to specific weapons with their own designs like magazines for the Braton and stocks for the Flux rifle.

Why not just make their appearance be based on faction and that the weapon variants having there own attachments to match.

I was thinking more like Blacklight:Retribution.

I don't really know the Blacklight: Retribution only just saw on steam. 

18 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

I don't really know the Blacklight: Retribution only just saw on steam. 

This would be too much work for DE to make for each individual weapon so I propose just having them just be based on faction and that variants like Vaykor Hek's attachments can be bought separately from Steel Meridian and prisama weapons attachments from Baro.

And since you mentioned Fallout 4 you should check this mod out.

It's not overly complex, it's a matter of DE being able to divert the heavier time and resources to do it.  As it is with their low body count and the fact every time they try to do something, either half the game breaks or half the community cries about something being changed and it affecting their farming routines or cookie builds.

That being said, exilus slots for weapons for the tertiary mods no one uses, augment mod slots, or dare I say a riven mod slot would be beneficial to everyone and would be feasible to do with minimal effort compared to adding attachment mechanics.  This can alleviate some of the cookie cutting problems caused from the lack of diversity since you are limited in general mod capacity.

Another idea I had was making weapon and warframe augments similar to Arcanes or to just take up arcane slots since most of the weapon augments and less than half the frame augments are avoidable.  Exceptions like Sobek/Detron or Nekros/Zephyr augments are exceptions for a reason.

3 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

I think those are called mods OP.

this is not COD okay.

Well that’s what I was referring too, I never meant to start a discussion on adding physical attachments to weapons, I just meant things of utility rather than stat affecting. I even mentioned using the exilus slot to accomplish this but it turned into a modular thing like COD and I walked away. 

I wanted these affects to our view when we scope in, I didn’t say anything about having a physical scope viewable on the weapon.