Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pigments not dropping from Elites

[DE]Drew

Have you been able to acquire pigment drops from Elite and/or Eximus enemies? They should drop the pigment related to their normal counterpart at the same % chance (it might seem like they do not drop pigments, if you're extremely unlucky). 

Please let me know if you have received pigments from Elites or Eximus enemies on Orb Vallis. 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

My clan has the Memorian Purple active for almost a week now and we havent dropped a single one yet.

I can confirm, they drop Memoriam Purple Pigments. But the Droprate feels like 0,000001%.  We spend many many hours on different places, but the last 50 pigments wont drop 😞

Edited by Tristan_GER

Heya Drew, 

My clan and I figured out something. 

Seems like the person that starts the research on the pigments is the only one that can farm them. Not sure if that is intended :P

Could you have a look at it? I don't think the drop-rate % is to blame. But somewhere in the coding that the person that starts the research is the only one that has them as a drop.

Thank you in advance :)

11 hours ago, Tristan_GER said:

-snip-

Indeed. We managed to finish the Memoriam Purple research a few days ago but it was a massive pain to get.
Drop rate on my end feels like it was lower than argon or toroid.
I'm hoping the other Valis pigments wouldn't be as bad.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-01 at 9:32 AM, Tuho89 said:

But somewhere in the coding that the person that starts the research is the only one that has them as a drop.

This is incorrect. I started pigment research two days ago and my friend has been able to contribute pigments as well.

Am 30.11.2018 um 17:23 schrieb [DE]Drew:

Thanks, everyone. I suspected the drop rates might be to blame. I'll review the lowest ones. 

The Problem with Purple Memoriam is still there. The last 50 pigments won't drop and we can't finish this. I've got hundreds of different toroids, boght & build all sets from li'l duck, but the last pigments - no way. 😞 (with smeeta kavat and all boosters active).

For a different frame of reference, I'm in a Ghost clan and it's effectively just me farming the pigments and I was able to complete them all as of last week. Memoriam Purple seemed glitched for a while, but I eventually got enough. The rest dropped like candy from focused Toroid farming sessions. (Personally, I like the inside of the Temple of Profit the best and that's where I farmed the majority.)

• 1 month later...

For people trying to get these done, it worked best for me when I went to a base, started a capture, purposely failed and let them take the broadcaster back, then let the alert level go up from there. Got memoriam purple and 01010101 cyan done fairly quickly at the Grow Site and Central Maintenance. I forget which I did at which location.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-29 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Have you been able to acquire pigment drops from Elite and/or Eximus enemies? They should drop the pigment related to their normal counterpart at the same % chance (it might seem like they do not drop pigments, if you're extremely unlucky). 

Please let me know if you have received pigments from Elites or Eximus enemies on Orb Vallis. 

(I am playing on PS4. Farming for my 2 man clan.) 

I can't speak for the other pigments but I have been trying to farm the Fortuna pigments and actually paid attention to this and they are not dropping from Elites or Eximus types.

That said...both the cyan and conductor gold...pigments haven't been dropping from normal enemies either. So there is that.

I get there is sometimes a bad run with bad RNG...but if no pigmenst drop in two 2.5 - 3 hour stretches and 100+ kills of the appropriate enemy types then things start to seem...off. I also have both resrouce and drop chance boosters active and run with Smeeta. I mostly farmed with Inaros...but farmed part of both (+/- 24 minutes in total) the cyan and conductor runs with Nekros/despoil.

The Memoriam Purple is the only colour that did eventually drop...but it was an absolute chore and I could get maybe 1 enemy to drop a batch of pigmenst per 15 minute run. I also ran with both resource and drop chance boosters + smeeta and farmed exclusively with Nekros/despoil. 

Other pigments don't seem to cause these issues and enough seem to drop. This is why I didn't pay attention to whether elite/eximus types dropped any. Even PoE colours drop in reeasonable quantities. For me...it is purely the Fortuna ones that seem to be...stubborn.

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-30 at 6:08 AM, [DE]Drew said:

Is this still an Issue?
I've (we've) been playing in Orb Vallis for a few weeks straight now and I've received zero 01000011 Cyan Drops this year.

I've always assumed 'Elite' variants were Not considered the same as Normal in terms of Pigment drops.

IE it's Intended, not a Bug that Elites do Not drop pigments.

Past handling of Pigment follows that pattern.

For example my clan recently farmed Tree Green from Arid Lancers, as mission level increases they become Elite Arid Lancers and stop dropping pigment. Meaning we are limited to farming survivals only for the first 10mins or so before needing to reset.

IF that is not Intended, then perhaps All Pigments need looking into, not just the new Fortuna ones.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been joining toroid farms just to get pigments it used to be a great way to farm both but I've been stuck on memoriam purple for a while pigments just don't drop even in a party with nekros and pilferoid

• 2 weeks later...