Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondaries...

Skyrage

...are generally underwhelming in my opinion. Not in terms of power but in terms of usefulness. "Lulz" aside, there is no real reason to ever use secondaries cause you have either your primary weapon which you will use or melee (including quick).

Thus I propose a quick secondary feature as well (which I bet has been proposed a dozen times in the past already) - however not just a mere press/spam button for quick-draw and shooting where you aim.

The core of this game is all about fast kills. And cool kills. Well, when you're not busy simply maim striking through missions anyway...or can't. Thus why not take a small step into Mesa's territory?

Let the quick secondary have a mode where you perform a move that more or less fires away at targets for as long as you have the key pressed. The moves themselves should of course vary depending on the type of secondary you have equipped. Revolver types, full auto types, semi-auto types, throwing weapons and their akimbo equivalents should have their differentiation as well as target preferences and auto-locking.

The speed at which you draw, reload and whatnot should of course still be dependent on mods.

It is not like one can claim that a feature like this would be overpowered given the way the game is anyway, right? And we ARE playing as frigging ninjas after all. Seamlessly flowing between weapons is what ninjas do! 😅

37 minutes ago, Skyrage said:

...are generally underwhelming in my opinion.

Your opinion has been noted... And discarded.

I have had many secondaries that performed better than primaries in the game. Currently, my main Go-To weapon is the Staticor, drawing out the Corinth for heavier enemies that require more focused and heavy damage to take out.

37 minutes ago, Skyrage said:

Let the quick secondary have a mode where you perform a move that more or less fires away at targets for as long as you have the key pressed. The moves themselves should of course vary depending on the type of secondary you have equipped. Revolver types, full auto types, semi-auto types, throwing weapons and their akimbo equivalents should have their differentiation as well as target preferences and auto-locking.

We already have Mesa to do the Gun-Kata, i dont see a purpose making every weapon have some kind of move.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

When you're using an Arca plasmor and need to get rid of a nullifier without losing your buffs you can still use an automatic secondary to shoot at him. They are only redundant if you're using a versatile primary weapon unless you're out of ammo. ^ ^

Many secondaries are better than their primary counterpart and tbh they have way better mods overall.

Edited by 000l000

Again, I am NOT talking about the power of secondaries. I am talking about their application. I realize that comprehension may be a tad subpar here so let me clarify:

Gameplay with secondaries is generally NOT smooth. Currently secondaries are ok at best IF you have a slow primary weapon like Opticor or certain shotguns because then you actually have a reason to switch to your secondary weapon sometimes and use them the regular way. I won't even bother adding ammo-starved primaries to this list cause frankly, that only applies to a couple of weapons anyway and it is pretty damn hard to be ammo starved even without any aid like packs and mods.

More often than not however you will just use melee instead to finish things off or simply reload your primary regardless of reload time and then move on. That is simply the fast paced nature of the game and how things are. Oh and I also definitely call BS on any claims that people will always switch to secondaries to deal with special cases. Once in a full moon, certainly. Overall? Not a chance. Again, fast paced game. People will take the fastest route. Which is quick melee 9 out of 10 times.

To sum it up: instead of the whole process of switching to your secondary weapon, I want to be able to use secondary weapons more instantly and automatically, just like quick melee - but then with some "gun kata" depending on the type of secondary just to give secondaries an actual proper purpose and alternative to quick melee.

Again, for those that are extra slow on the uptake: this is NOT about the power of secondary weapons but HOW they are used in context with everything else.

38 minutes ago, Skyrage said:

I realize that comprehension may be a tad subpar here [...] for those that are extra slow on the uptake

Yep, blanket-insulting others is a good way to get people on your side, surely.

... okay, it worked for the President of the United States, but let's try to be better than that orange buffoon, please.

36 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yep, blanket-insulting others is a good way to get people on your side, surely.

... okay, it worked for the President of the United States, but let's try to be better than that orange buffoon, please.

Well, I am not here for a popularity contest nor can I be arsed with people who can't read due to excess ignorance - let alone care about random offended snowflakes on the internet...and I am a very bad, bad person on top of that. So yeah. There you have it. Any other issues at hand now that you are busy getting things off your chest or can we go back on track?

*sigh*

Whoa.

The lack of insight of Skyrage is something else.

Skyrage doesn't think secondaries are usefull because of his playstyle there for they are not usefull for anyone.

You sound like that guy on trade chat who couldn't understand why anyone would like a riven mod for a sentinel gun because in his experience sentinels never killed anything. Which proved that he doesn't have a clue how to set up a sentinel.

Skyrage, ever considered that not everyone goes for the wham-bam speed running as if on coke playstyle? Some of us actually do hunt for caches, treasure, mods, stars, statues. With the advantage that we have plenty of endo, mods and landing ship parts.

Secondly, there has been several times that my secondary came in more then usefull and not because of lack of ammo from my primary but because my primary of that moment is less suitable for rapid close combat (be it bow, sniper rifle etc....) but the enemies are still outside of melee range. Why using a bow or sniper ? Sometimes because one has to (Sortie) sometimes because it makes dealing with vaults and such easier (no alarming all and sundry), sometimes because it's nice to just play it tactically instead of running around like a bull in a china shop.

Pyrana Prime says Hi! :)

Jokes aside I use secondaries as much if not more than primaries. I don't usually switch weapons much in missions, usually have my secondary out all time.
Pyrana P being an absolut beast, especially combined with Arcane Velocity.

Now with Catchmoon hitting like a truck and replacing my Arca plasmor I wish we could skip primaries and instead use two secondaries :)

I really would like way faster weapon swaps, like the speed if you got a swap mod on. As it is now, it feels out of pace with the super fast gameplay.

Edited by wakestarr
Spelling

On 2018-11-30 at 3:49 AM, Skyrage said:

Again, I am NOT talking about the power of secondaries. I am talking about their application. I realize that comprehension may be a tad subpar here so let me clarify:

Gameplay with secondaries is generally NOT smooth. Currently secondaries are ok at best IF you have a slow primary weapon like Opticor or certain shotguns because then you actually have a reason to switch to your secondary weapon sometimes and use them the regular way. I won't even bother adding ammo-starved primaries to this list cause frankly, that only applies to a couple of weapons anyway and it is pretty damn hard to be ammo starved even without any aid like packs and mods.

More often than not however you will just use melee instead to finish things off or simply reload your primary regardless of reload time and then move on. That is simply the fast paced nature of the game and how things are. Oh and I also definitely call BS on any claims that people will always switch to secondaries to deal with special cases. Once in a full moon, certainly. Overall? Not a chance. Again, fast paced game. People will take the fastest route. Which is quick melee 9 out of 10 times.

To sum it up: instead of the whole process of switching to your secondary weapon, I want to be able to use secondary weapons more instantly and automatically, just like quick melee - but then with some "gun kata" depending on the type of secondary just to give secondaries an actual proper purpose and alternative to quick melee.

Again, for those that are extra slow on the uptake: this is NOT about the power of secondary weapons but HOW they are used in context with everything else.

Aside from your blatant insult, secondaries are fine imo. Their application is as a back up hence the word "Secondary". You run out of ammo for your nuker, you have a pocket holocaust to clean up with. Alternatively, you can run a kit gun and say screw the primary. Really, they're there to give you more options to mass murder everything in the solar system, take em, leave em... chew on a crayon, quite frankly i don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Edited by Sheady117