Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Hovering Is Troll For Enemies To Shoot Her Easier

kyori

Please remove Garuda hovering in mid-air when she is charging her 4, you are letting her be easy target like that because her shield can only protect her front while her backside is being shot at.

Not forgetting that after releasing the charge and shoots out her talons, she just fall to the ground without the ability to slide to negate the fall-animation, thus another reason for her to be freely shot at.

The hovering serves no advantage but trolling instead. I wonder who think this is a good idea....

Edited by kyori

14 minutes ago, catalyst22 said:

Personally i think it's great

I second that, BUUUUUT~~~!!!! (and that a big Butt) when you hover up enemies CAN AND WILL shoot you from below, bypassing the shield!

shield should aim down along your reticle when you hover-charge her 1 and 4 imo.

I also agree with the OP about the fall animation, you just fall and lock in recovering animation - they should change that to make Garuda fall 'gracefully' and allow her to move immediately after

Edited by koryfunny

The shield is flawed in the first place by only protecting in one direction, go into any mission and see how effective it is at protecting you since the mobs come at you in droves from all angles. I will say however the other changes are good but they need to give her shield the buff to its protective area that it needs.

1 minute ago, Vethar said:

The shield is flawed in the first place by only protecting in one direction, go into any mission and see how effective it is at protecting you since the mobs come at you in droves from all angles. I will say however the other changes are good but they need to give her shield the buff to its protective area that it needs.

EXACTLY!
its not the hovering that is bad, thats a good addition actually...
its the shield that is the problem!

27 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

I agree that her shield should be able to aim downward  or at the very least in the direction she's casting when she's in mid air like this. 

I really like the hover-charge, its a great tool to scan the area while charging when combined with enemy radar!
but it just feels weird that her shield stays stuck at the same position AND enemies can literally shoot Garuda's feets and bypass the shield

I think the new hover mechanic is horrible. In a game all about speed, it's kind of ludicrous to expect me to stand still and let the enemies shoot me. I know she has the Dread Mirror for defense but I don't like to solely depend on it. It just feels clunky and breaks the flow of combat. There's a reason why people barely use the Zephyr hover. Before the change I was perfectly fine with using bulletjump with her 4 as Mesa has the exact same playstyle and they both feel amazing when played this way.

Now if I want to combine any movement with Seeking Talons, I have to stay grounded and roll around which really isn't my ideal. I might just resort to a melee only build since the speed changes for her 1 and 2 have been great.

Edited by Liacu

44 minutes ago, catalyst22 said:

Plz no... i don't want to die every time i aim at someone up a flight of stairs.

Both statements in my sentence include "when she's in mid air like this." 

It doesn't include grounded scenarios.

Edited by Shelusine

For an in-between, I'd like it to slow down like aim-gliding(only the speed, not the zoom in) while charging her 4 in air, with this I am still moving and land at the place I want to after shooting out the talons.

Can the guy who did her minor edit (disguised as rework) put in more effort?