Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accolades Feedback

Voltage

With Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.2, we got two new accolades: Closed Beta Player and Player Migrated (for console players as per [DE]Drew).

The Closed Beta accolade is amazing to see as it was a great gesture from Digital Extremes to acknowledge the earliest supporters to the game after the Lato Vandal was added to Elite: Sanctuary Onslaught.

With these new ones added, it would be interesting if there were accolades added that could be earned and achieved and show long term progression for players. Providing interesting badges through challenges would be neat for players to show some small achievement on their profile.

Accolade Ideas:

• Clearing the entire Solar Map/Star Chart
  • 1,000,000 lifetime profile kills
  • Complete the Codex
  • Max out each Focus School
  • 10,000 Conclave kills
  • 1000 Forma applied across your account (Credit to @Feltal)
  • 10,000 Mission completions (Credit to @AEP8FlyBoy)
  • Displays account creation date (Credit to @Pandaxtor)
  • Design Council (Credit to @xXDeadsinxX)

These presented challenges are just basic ideas, the numbers are placeholder to represent the magnitude of these challenges, but the system in place could be expanded upon in the future. If more challenge ideas are brought up, I will edit it in and mention the user. Feedback is welcome 🙂.

Edited by Voltage
Added Ideas, Formatting
  • Like 2

I'm just throwing darts in the dark (basicly mastering or grinding an aspect of the game for a reallly long time) - 

1000 spy vaults hacked

500 hours total spent in survival missions

1000 login days

Possess 2,000,000,000 credits at one time

Open 1000 void relics

1000 Vitus essence gained

1,000,000 syndicate standing gained

unveil 1000 rivens

Edited by --Q--Bliekord
kfq

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

Is there a misunderstanding of Accolades with Challenges/Achievements in the game?

Not at all. I was interested in exploring the idea of achievable badges that can be obtained by any player, not badges exclusive to staff roles/founder/beta/etc. Badges are the most apparent as they are default when you open a profile. Achievements are very easy and appear as the last view-able item in a small box. Accolades for long term progression would be a nice implementation for the common player who is driven to obtain an honorary badge. I do understand there is an overlap on achievements and accolades with this idea.

46 minutes ago, Voltage said:

10,000 Conclave kills

Bit much, 1,000 would be more reasonable. 10,000 would require you to win hundreds of matches.

I mean, winning annihilation would be the fastest way in all likelyhood, and you can only get 25 there. That's 400 wins you'd need.

Given PvP's popularity, that's going to be stressful as hell to do. 1,000 is still going to put you in the 1% of players without causing your brain to leak out of your ears and question your life choices.

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Bit much, 1,000 would be more reasonable. 10,000 would require you to win hundreds of matches.

Given PvP's popularity, that's going to be stressful as hell to do. 1,000 is still going to put you in the 1% of players without causing your brain to leak out of your ears and question your life choices.

Requiring kills would eliminate Lunaro though. I think it could be changed to 100 game wins. 10,000 kills is equal to 400 games won, with every game being 25 kills (max). 1,000 kills is only around 40 games won, which isn't a lot. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

47 minutes ago, Voltage said:

the numbers are placeholder to represent the magnitude of these challenges, but the system in place could be expanded upon in the future.

I am just presenting ideas. As long as "Get X Conclave kills" is interesting as an accolade, I consider it success. The numbers would be up to DE to make reasonable but hard and achievable. I understand your view as well. I recall past Tactical Alerts for seasonal events and I only have 1900 Conclave kills myself.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

Requiring kills would eliminate Lunaro though. I think it could be changed to 100 game wins. 10,000 kills is equal to 400 games won, with every game being 25 kills (max). 1,000 kills is only around 40 games won, which isn't a lot. 

In Conclave? I'd consider 40 games a lot tbh. :tongue:

But it's only 40 games if you won every one that you played, you know? That's never going to happen. I'd say it'll be closer to 100 games played at the end of the day. Your point about Lunaro is valid though, although I'm not sure whether I personally believe it should count.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I am just presenting ideas.

I know, just giving my feedback on that particular one. 

The rest are just a matter of time, the conclave one would be genuinely painful to try and get.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:
  • Complete the Codex

This one would never work. Stuff is added all the time, so would you take it away every time new enemies are added? Also there are items that if you didn't know better at the time, you can't complete. For instance I have 1 scan of Artificer because I had only started the game a few days before Shadow Debt started so I had no idea what was going on. I only knew there was anything called a Datalyst because I just looked Artificer up again. I didn't complete a few of the nightwatch guys either.

You could say tough cookies for people that weren't scanning absolutely everything since the beginning, but that still would have the problem when new things are added. Heck, then there's the issues with stuff that scans but isn't actually listed in the codex at all.

Interesting idea, but just not feasible.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

I mean, winning annihilation would be the fastest way in all likelyhood, and you can only get 25 there. That's 400 wins you'd need.

10K is fine, make it a low value such as 10K and people will simply go back to boost following Porphi's method in order to get the batch and then forget about the mode completely (and that's assuming they don't come to forums instead claiming that DE is "forcing them" to play pvp to get a pvp related accolade as some people did back when we had the conclave events)

On a side note, the amount of people giving conclave a try only for the accolade would probably be enough to dilute the presence of  conclave veterans, allowing players to find more people on a similar skill level and perhaps even setting up mthe ground for other requested fixes such as a proper skill based matchmaking (talking about it since skill gap is usually the biggest complaint from pve players)