Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they just break the score system?

Nitro747

It was already as bad as it could get. The only way to get decent amounts of standing with the Vent Kids was to spam and cheese the heck out of cheap stuff like grinding on the pearl. I didn't like that so I would just do tricks around.

Problem is that after this update the score system is pretty much broken! No matter how many tricks I do the score simply doesn't multiply properly. It feels completely random now, and I'm using the mod that increases the score multipliers for landing tricks.

I don't know how DE managed to take a cool concept like K-Drives and turn them into a boring, broken grind fest. Also, whats the point of adding the races if they don't reward standing to begin with?

I thought they would have fixed it with this recent hotfix but nope. Its actually kinda worse... all the stuttering and the score multiplier having a mind of its own... Guess I'll leave my k-drive alone for a while. At least I already got the + speed mods, which are totally worth it, but building my next k-drive will have to wait :/ 

Can confirm, the attempt to fix "Grindy" exploit has also broken the scoring system related to it. Notice the inconsistency on when the "Grindy" trick is awarded, and at one point where it shouldn't have even been awarded for actually MISSING a grind.

[Video]

Edited by MartinVole

5 minutes ago, MartinVole said:

Can confirm, the attempt to fix "Grindy" exploit has also broken the scoring system related to it. Notice the inconsistency on when the "Grindy" trick is awarded, and at one point where it shouldn't have even been awarded for actually MISSING a grind.

[Video]

yeah, its really this bad and ends up being worse on the people who actually do tricks around

I can't understand these devs sometimes, they offer no decent way for players to earn stuff in their game and then complain and try to "fix" when players find an exploit... only to make the situation even messier.

It's a complete mess. I just did a jump off of a high ledge, did a grab, flip, and spin and got no points whatsoever. The trick counter didn't even kick in. I'm just going to ignore K-Drives until this is all fixed, because this is way more frustrating than fun. I guess I should have taken advantage of grinding on a giant circle for 20 minutes, but that was mind numbing.

I really hate how much of a literal grind K-Drive standing and affinity is. Its not fun. In fact, K-Drives are in my opinion the most time consuming Syndicate grind out of them all right now. The score cap was really not okay before. Not only eliminating the point of having a score system which is to get it as high as possible, but only getting 1/4th of you score converted to standing basically made it so in order to have ANY sort of progress towards the Vent Kid syndicate and ranking up your K Drives, you were forced to literally and metaphorically grind. Now however they have rendered the score broken, bought K-Drives apparently still arent giving MR, and you still cant name built K-Drives. Its sad that K-Drives are the least fun, most dysfunctional part of the Fortuna update right now and they are taking their sweet time fixing the issues with it. This was supposed to be one of the highlights of the update.

Oh and the damage mods are practically worthless, especially the one tied to score and the Heat based one.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

Seems it no longer counts successive 'Grindy' as separate tricks, even if you are grinding to completely different rails somewhere. Or rather, it's subject to the 'copykavat' result of no additional multiplier, so it's as good as dead. 

Makes it all a little more disappointing. I just reached the second to last standing with Ventkids, but 99,000 standing to access the good mods that cost 20,000 standing doesn't seem feasible anymore while retaining sanity.

This is way worse and broken.  Thankfully I bought all the stuff from them already but I'm not leveling any more boards till this is fixed.  Whatever you guys did to "fix" it, broke it horribly.  If you were looking to try to incentivise this transport over archwing, whatever hopes you had of doing that, however misguided, should now be completely crushed until this is fixed.

And I know you guys want people to use them otherwise you A) wouldn't have included it and B) woudl allow us to equip tranqs on the arch, but you don't, because you want to force us to use k drives even though they are a less viable option for transport.  Until your k drive does something "more" than an archwing can do, it will continue to be irrelevant grind and MR fodder.

Lets explain a game design detail:

If your grind is so much that the vast majority of players will cheese it rather than progress (because lets be honest some players will always cheese as much as they can), then it's your system that's broken, not the cheese.

If you want people to use k drives and not make them a dead game mechanic then you need to make the leveling outside the pearl "reasonable" and it needs to be worthwhile.  The grind wall you have vs the incentive on ventkids is absurd because k drives are LESS EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE THAN TOOLS THE PLAYERS ALREADY HAVE.  Literally the only reason to grind them is to max your standing, and to collect stuff, they are not a good mechanic for players.  Nerf the pearl, fine, but make it more rewarding to do tricks and get standing or it's not going to happen except for a handful of try hard collectors, speaking as one of the try hard collectors.  If not, expect this to go the way of lunaro, another dead and irrelevant game mode that has no continued support.

Keep realeasing dead content like that and WF is going to start to creak under it's own weight of unsupported garbage and baggage it carries around, plus new players will complain they can't access the content, just like they already do.  You know what it's like being a new player excited to try lunaro for the first time and sit in a lobby for 20 min and leave because it's dead?  It's very disheartening.  I'm not that guy, but I've been there in other games and had similar experiences in other areas of warframe.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

They didn't even fix the Grindy in midair part. I managed to trigger it by right clicking to do a Nose Planker and immediately hitting crouch, and Grindy can be triggered that way. Of course, that is if you can even get it to register that you tried to do a trick in the first place.

I suppose this is what DE meant all those years ago when they said that they were "looking into ways to reduce the grind". Naturally, the collateral damage from it also completely destroyed my fleeting hopes of having a battle skateboard (because you're not going to get anything out of those %score damage mods if you can't get any score when you're in an open field surrounded by enemies).

8 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

yeah, its really this bad and ends up being worse on the people who actually do tricks around

I can't understand these devs sometimes, they offer no decent way for players to earn stuff in their game and then complain and try to "fix" when players find an exploit... only to make the situation even messier.

DE is in LOVE with balancing around meta and not normal gameplay. Just look back at the not too distant past with the Focus farm. It took us ages to get DE to fix that grind for the average player.

6 hours ago, direcyphre said:

Seems it no longer counts successive 'Grindy' as separate tricks, even if you are grinding to completely different rails somewhere. Or rather, it's subject to the 'copykavat' result of no additional multiplier, so it's as good as dead. 

Makes it all a little more disappointing. I just reached the second to last standing with Ventkids, but 99,000 standing to access the good mods that cost 20,000 standing doesn't seem feasible anymore while retaining sanity.

Problem is that its not just about the grindy multiplier anymore, its pretty much any trick you do. MCGamerCZ made a video and you can see his score multiplier simply not working. He had to make a complete perfect lap around a bunch of rails to get some 2000 points. His initial jumps have a load of tricks and the multiplier goes to +2...

13 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

DE is in LOVE with balancing around meta and not normal gameplay. Just look back at the not too distant past with the Focus farm. It took us ages to get DE to fix that grind for the average player.

Thing is, what even is the meta for K-Drives now? It makes no sense!

1 minute ago, Nitro747 said:

Thing is, what even is the meta for K-Drives now? It makes no sense!

Well, I came to this thread after forming my K-Drive to fit the last mod and found this bug/feature. Until this is fixed I'm just not going to do any of the K-Drive stuff. So I would say the meta is to just not do it. Just like it was the meta back in the day to get the Zenurik passive and maybe the Naromon Invisibility then just stop doing focus. Because just like with K-Drives at current the grind is so bad it isn't worth doing except to get the most basic of things out of the system.

14 ????? ?????, Nitro747 ??????:

No matter how many tricks I do the score simply doesn't multiply properly.

yes, but in let say before patch i could just hold control to grind, tap space couple of times, land. Such procedure gave me another 2 scores multiplayer right? Now such a method does not work because i don't get that 2 multiplayer. Now i have to release control soon after i tapped space, do my two copters and land with a control for a grind. In the end, i still get my x27/ x29 but entire process takes more effort and time but i really fail to see a reason in such change. I still use the pearl, i still get my standing but instead of 20 minutes it now takes 30.

I just hope it's a bug and not intended feature. Good thing i only need one more mod from ventkids that i could forget they and k-drive even exists

Lol i was about to make a post too, but yeah, the scoring seems busted

Addenum: Also, please DE, either fix my K-Drive or refund me standing and resources. I can't belive we had so many updates and my board still looks like a Gmod hackjob for some reason (just look at where are the engine and the jets placed).

DsZHjCDXcAMEOO5.jpg

Edited by Otakuwolf