Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is it so rare to get a squad who stays for rotation c rewards in arbitration

Legion-Shields

For me, arbitration IS the reward. I'm pretty much at the point where I'm just farming for the last few weapons (or parts) for mastery and waiting for more. I like that, if the rest of the squad actually wants to stay long, I have a reason to use my specters. Also, despite the drones, I find it exciting to have to constantly be on my toes!  The problem is: the title of this thread states it -- like, hardly anyone wants to stay for extended duration. Or worse, they show up with Mesa thinking they're going to cake-walk/milk-run it with Peacemaker and end up dying within the first five minutes!

I can't imagine what rewards could be added to get players to stay longer. Perhaps, Arbitration is for players that have everything and now want to put their power builds to the test.

My guess is the biggest issue is time. Since rotations are twice as long, doesn't mater that we get ABCCCCC, We'll still be at B when in other modes we'd be at C. I get why DE did the rotation change, but I am not 100% on board about the extended timers and the like. I mean, the "no revives" thing is already quite the axe over our heads, making us chug along twice as long for the good stuff seems a bit... much. 

So it boils down to "feels" The second rotation simply "feels" like the right time to leave because it's when we usually wrap up. 

18 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Because people don't care about the rewards anymore. They are only after xp or focus. 

Not only that but lots of people have no idea what reward rotations are or that they even exist.

Yet another thing in a long list of information that's never explained to a new player. Another left over line of code from old and forgotten systems. I been playing this off and on since 2013 and didn't even know this was a thing until I Googled it last year.

They need to get rid of arbitrary systems like this. They don't ever explain it so people can make an educated decision and there's no reason for multiple loot tables. 

Just increase loot the longer it goes and randomize it so people can't farm specific waves and then leave.

4 hours ago, bibmobello said:

The only good motivation for old players should be gain extra Mastery points or legendary stuff on extreme levels but they continue to give crappy stuff even if you play against level 200 enemies...

and thats the Problem. DE wants all content to be Accessable to everyone, which pretty much kills any Kind of Player Progression and discourages learning and improving your builds and skill

23 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

and thats the Problem. DE wants all content to be Accessable to everyone, which pretty much kills any Kind of Player Progression and discourages learning and improving your builds and skill

worst of all is the amount of players who actually complain about it. Too many people complaining how "Eidolons require 'OP equipment" or anything of the sort. We need a reason to dump 7 forma, millions of endo and credit into a single gun, warframe, etc. Warframe has very few of these reasons, and some people want to sabotage what little we have of it.

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

DE wants all content to be Accessable to everyone, which pretty much kills any Kind of Player Progression and discourages learning and improving your builds and skill

Nah, I think the number of players that want to (or even have the time to) sink a couple hours of play for no particular reward is relatively small. People have kids, or kids have home work. Need to eat, pee etc. They have lives. 

Most games revolve around elements that take up a half hour or so tops. In that half hour game design can induce progression or not.

2 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Nah, I think the number of players that want to (or even have the time to) sink a couple hours of play for no particular reward is relatively small. People have kids, or kids have home work. Need to eat, pee etc. They have lives. 

Most games revolve around elements that take up a half hour or so tops. In that half hour game design can induce progression or not.

thats right, the thing is if DE would add some sort of progression, there wouldnt be a reason to create this artificial difficulty that takes so much time to reach