Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The True Return of Technocyte version 0.8 Recent Addition: World Cycle and the start of Auroxia the new warframe (Sorry still putting some stuff together feel free to help)

(XBOX)WaterJewel94694

Greetings to those who are visiting this thread, which will contain an infested open-world concept that will be updated with new stuff when possible.  The primary focus of this thread is the refinement of an open-world that exists on Eris with the infested as the main enemy.  With that understood what follows is the details of various stuff that holds a certain level of importance with the idea.

SYSTEMS AND ECONOMY

Spoiler

Hub World

Spoiler

Name:  Haven

Inhabitants:  Nagasa and Corpus scientists

Notable People:  The Plague Doctor, The Swarm Mistress, The Viral Scientist, and The Fleshsmith.

Open World

Spoiler

Name: Tiamat's Domain

Map: WIP

Harvesting Choices

Spoiler

Harvest-able Infested Flesh:  Throughout the zone there will be sections of vines in which you can cut connecting vines to harvest flesh for various purposes.  (Exact materials coming soon)

Infested Fish:  In lakes throughout the zone you will be able to go fishing to preserve non-threatening fish to trade for standing or harvested materials.  (Fish and materials coming soon)

Infested Plants:  In Tiamat's Domain there will be various infested plants which can be used for several different ways to use them back in Haven.

World Cycle

Spoiler

Dawn to Dusk: The realm is in a calm state without any critical modifiers.  The spores in the area are orange during this time. (Will be updated and changed for more playability.)

The Shadow Hour: The realm has entered a state of darkness and new beasts have appeared.  The spores in the area are purple during this time.

ENEMIES

Spoiler

Berserker:  A heavily mutated runner which has been warped to possess broken bones which peak out of it's legs and arms.  It also possesses thermal vision which makes it weak to cold-based weaponry or cold barriers which prevents it from seeing the target.

Shadow Beast:  A creature created from being trapped in caves for hundreds of years that only comes out during what will be known as the Shadow Hour.

Zeraph:  These creatures are small but deadly due to the fact they can fly and group in swarms ranging from 15 to 25.

Zeralyst:  This massive spider-like infested beast is surrounded by Zeraphs as it is a hive creature spawning more if necessary.

Baphomet:  He will be the first field boss you encounter in Tiamat's Domain.  For more information on him head here to learn about him, his past, and his paired boss.

Merihem:  He is Baphomet's most deadly pet.  For more information on Merihem follow the link above.

REINFORCEMENTS

Spoiler

Warframe: Auroxia the sin and virtue warframe

Spoiler

Passive: Sinner's Sacrifice = Wrath: the more kills you have in your kill streak the more health you have while you deal less damage until your kill streak runs out.

Sloth: the longer you stand still (i.e. not moving or jumping except rotating while aiming or casting abilities) the more armor you have but the more difficult it is to start moving again.

Greed: the more credits you gain throughout the mission the more materials and rarer materials will drop but you'll have less shield capacity.

Abilities: Devour: you leap towards a targeted enemy and repeatedly chomp the target damaging him and restoring your health. if you reach full health before or during the ability you gain additional health which will slowly deteriorate.

Chivalry: you allure four random targets to perform a great act of chivalry by having them kill themselves.

Jealousy: you plant seeds of jealousy into a targets mind which will cause the target to eventually attack his comrades.

Prideful: you attack four times at the four closest to you and to where your aiming with your primary, secondary, or melee in rapid succession.

Primary: Bow: Pride

Spoiler

The infested bow deals gas damage but possesses two bonus abilities.  The first ability is when you manage to connect an arrow with the enemy it drains health at a steady rate over the course of 3 to 5 seconds (may be changed), and when it finishes it explodes dealing bonus gas damage to surrounding enemies.  A second condition of it exploding is if the enemy dies before it finishes draining health.  The second ability is that the more successful connected hit you land the more damage you deal with the next shot.

Assault Rifle: Greed

Spoiler

This infested rifle deals mainly toxin damage but possesses a bonus ability.  The bonus ability is the damage of this rifle increases with the more credits you gathered in the mission.

Sniper: Sloth

Spoiler

This infested deals mainly viral damage but also possesses a bonus ability.  This sniper charges up energy to boost damage in the opposite manner that Volt accumulates energy.  Rather than moving to gather energy you have to remain still otherwise it will dissipate.  However looking or aiming around will not nullify the energy you accumulated.

Secondary: Shotgun: Gluttony

Spoiler

The infested shotgun deals viral damage but possesses a bonus ability.  The bonus ability is if you manage to kill an enemy and you are within 5 to 10 meters or walk near a dead body it will consume the killed enemy which can be used as bonus damage with it's alternate fire.

Grenade Launcher: Lust

Spoiler

This infested grenade launcher deals mainly gas damage but possesses a bonus ability.  This weapons bonus ability is that whenever an enemy gets directly hit by the grenade that enemy falls under a form of mind control and attacks the players enemy.  The more enemies you have under your control the greater damage you deal.

Melee: Sword: Wrath

Spoiler

This infested sword deals corrosive damage and possesses a bonus ability.  The bonus ability allows you to sacrifice some of your health to gain a stack of rampage on kill which boosts the damage.

Whip: Envy

Spoiler

This infested whip deals mainly toxin damage but possesses a bonus ability.  This whip's bonus ability is that when you attack while channeling your whip latches onto the enemy where if you keep channeling you leech their health and shields.

MOD SET

Spoiler

Swarm: WIP

Loyalty: WIP

QUEST

Spoiler

Name: Primordial Queen of Chaos

Prerequisites:  Pluto: Eris Junction, Matagi Rank: Slayer

Welcome back tenno, i trust your latest hunt was successful, well regardless of how it went i have a task for you regarding a troubling issue on Eris.  Our elite group, the Nagasa, have encountered a growing army of infested that's being controlled by a hivemind that is truly dangerous, that's where you come in.  The leader of the group, Sudek, has received word that reinforcements, that would be you, are coming to assist with the imminent infested threat.  Also fair warning, there are corpus that are under Alad V's command that will be assisting in the mission, so they are to be considered friendlies.  Good luck. - Virgil of the Matagi

PART 1 - TRAVEL TO HAVEN

After speaking with Virgil the town known as Haven will be unlocked on Eris which is where you need to go to in order to continue the quest.  After entering Haven you will be directed to speak to Sudek about the situation.  When you are done talking you will head to Tiamat's Domain to investigate the amassing of infested.

REMODABLE EQUIPMENT

Spoiler

Helminth Charger

Spoiler

WIP

Sniper

Spoiler

Scope

Muzzle

Body

Ammo Clip

HARVESTING TOOLS

Spoiler

Surgical Laser Cutter:  Used to harvest infested flesh by cutting connected vines within Tiamat's Domain.  Obtainable from The Fleshsmith in Haven.

Tranquilizer Fishing Spear:  Used to harvest infested fish by throwing and hitting the fish then delivering a non-lethal dose of sedative to knock the fish out for transport from Tiamat's Domain.  Obtainable from The Swarm Mistress in Haven

Floral Extractor:  Used to safely harvest infested plants and their roots from Tiamat's Domain to bring back to Haven.  Obtainable from The Viral Scientist in Haven.

I apologize for the minor amount of completion so far but i haven't had long to put this together to minimum standards.  So once again sorry and i welcome any and all help that i can get to make this idea good enough for the developers to create.  Additionally if anyone is capable to help with the artwork problem than i will be incredibly grateful.

Edited by (XB1)WaterJewel94694
Auroxia's abilities (still working on precise details)

Im all up for an infested open world mega thread. I usually dont have much opinion on those kind of things but I do have a little idea.

How about making those people who came to eris because they already discovered so way to control/ cleanse the infestation efficently and your obejective in this world.would be cleaning of sort in all kind of bizzare infested areas

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Anything in particular still missing for ya suh/mam? Anything that just doesn't seem to want to spring to mind?

the enemies themselves outside of the typical ones, weapons, and mod set specifics.  and just for clarification it's sir.

3 hours ago, DR.Noooooo_B said:

Im all up for an infested open world mega thread. I usually dont have much opinion on those kind of things but I do have a little idea.

How about making those people who came to eris because they already discovered so way to control/ cleanse the infestation efficently and your obejective in this world.would be cleaning of sort in all kind of bizzare infested areas

i guess the Mycona can possess minor control over the infested due to their research which would raise alarm for the hive mind that's in the immediate area.  unfortunately any more control than roughly average runners, leapers, and possibly some chargers would be stretching their skills and requirement for assistance.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I feel like Ergo Glast fits this more.

well i figured it was time for steel meridian to get their own quest and the fake mutalist alad v is going to be changed soon if i can find a suitable replacement.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

well i figured it was time for steel meridian to get their own quest and the fake mutalist alad v is going to be changed soon if i can find a suitable replacement.

Still, something more thematically appropriate would be better. Ergo has history with the Mycona.

And yeah, "fake alad v" doesn't sound very appealing, make it some ancient mutated hivemind-node maybe?

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Still, something more thematically appropriate would be better. Ergo has history with the Mycona.

And yeah, "fake alad v" doesn't sound very appealing, make it some ancient mutated hivemind-node maybe?

Maybe a one-time joint-quest between the two and as for fake alad v, i have a hivemind that goes by the name of Tiamat.

Hm, if we're going with the "Birther of Monsters" herself for your domain. Perhaps the enemies should get decidedly more . . . legendary, in their designs? Could emulate certain monsters Timat sired.

Hm, a consciousness outside of the Phoroid gestalt? Now THAT would be something. To defy the dominant mind like that is no easy task. Makes me wonder what this mind could have been to last so long. I've made several Infested strains that ended up pushed to the periphery of the mind, but, I've only ever done a fully blown seperate mind (Or, rather, collective of) once.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

i actually like the idea of the legendary monsters giving a base to infested themed versions but i can't seem to find accurate info on them.  could send me a link so i can look and create similar versions.

Very well suh! Could use a bit of a break from my crossbow ell.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

thanks, i plan on using the ones that stayed loyal. if you know someone who could help with the artwork that has time please message me.

That'd be the serpents, the dragon, the lion, and the 11-man-army-with-one-mind, Umu-Dabrutu.

On THAT mark, there isn't much I can do on my end. I haven't really seen an Infested-focused fellow around for a long time who does their own design. Mr. Reaar did some in the past for me in the form of the Broadside, but, he's busy with exams.

Might need to keep an eye out, private message an artist or two who says they can in their own threads.

i like your overall idea however i have one major thought... that might have your concept go a different direction.

<spoilers!!>

i would avoid using the Mycona. Per the Glast Gambit, the infested only fear half-breeds, and depending on how players ended the quest a Mycona village of any descent size would not make sense as it would be ravaged by the infested if folks decided to cure her. Honestly how the lore is set up, everyone but a hybrid (Neewa & Tenno) would be ravaged completely by the virus.

Alad V tried and failed - hence why he need our help curing him during the tubemen event. So a research center makes no sense either as it would be doomed upon arrival.

the idea i have been toying with is having an Eris hub centered around a group of tenno, dedicated to hunting the infested, based on my Matagi thread:

but this could be a splinter group , i.e. Matagi: Nagasa (this a japanese hunting knife) and the leader of this group is: Hayden. 😉 ... i'll mostly likely post more stuff over there for simplicity sake.

2 hours ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

could they team up with researchers to allow the other aspects of any town that exists so far, i.e. remodable infested gear, infested harvesting options, etc.?  while what your saying makes sense i want to allow various stuff that would give bonus gear and standing choices.

i do not see why not.

so here is a blimp of what im thinking so far:

Eris Open-world concept.

There are no longer any active military or research campaigns in the Eris region – it is overrun. Long evacuated Corpus and Grineer vessels drift aimlessly in orbit, slowly being devoured by the techno-organic parasite known as the “Infestation”. What remains is a twisted graveyard of partially-digested ships that are disfigured versions of their original forms... Abandoned, but not unoccupied.

— Eris Fragment

General Lore.

Eris is desolate planet, a graveyard. The infested has taken over everything, it would be genocide to try build anything there.

Another group of Matagi, the Nagasa survey the largest infestation mound on the surface planet. They encircle the area above the mound in a low-oribt ship ensuring the infestation do not expand. Periodically a small band of Matagi go down to cull any forward moving infested, looking for the source.

Few members of Myconia help supply the Matagi in their efforts as after the events of the Glast Gambit, some members believe the ritualistic sacrifice of the Tribuna needs to end and a new way of life is needed for all. Supply the group with weapons, etc.

Map Premise.

So the surface of the planet is riddled with crashed corpus ships and grineer ships, all surrounding a large infested cyst that engulfs what resembles a corpus lab.

This map is about 3/4 the size of the plains but the infested hives lay deep underground in a network tunnels, so player must descend deep into the infested mound.

Surface

Sub level -1

Sub level 2-

Sub level 3 -

Etc... think Dante’s Inferno

-- this may require an update to the mapping system as now this would have layers players need to navigate though. Several large shaft would exist, allowing players to archwing down deep into the massive mound – be careful the deeper you the more acidic the atmosphere is (the infested salvage effect) hopefully players have their mobile Vaporizer (1-time craft) with enough antiserum charges (re-craftable).

Resource gathering

Fishing and hunting remain but add scanning flora. flora could be used for antiserum charges and other things.

Eris Activities

Random infested salvage missions on surface areas as well as random defense missions further down the hive you go.

Hunting bounties from the Matagi: Nagasa

Salvage Mission bounties from Alad V – add lore that the research facility that is being surveyed was his facility and there was petabytes worth of information - all copyrighted, trademarked and patient protected for Alad V.

Spoiler

A four-man “Trail” mission – so you find that Dr. Tengus, has been completely absorbed by the infestation after the events of Once Awake, no one has seen or heard from him. He is making supply the infested with an army of corpus and grineer clones that the infested absorb.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

1 hour ago, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

well there's one thing that wouldn't make sense with that and it's that in the event that gave players the choice to cure him or destroy the cure while xbox and pc players saved him playstation players destroyed the cure so how would Alad V be able to help without lore getting in the way?

Well the second dream quest takes place after he is cured from the mutalist virus- so this could be explained by either the players helped him (if you did the event) or he found a way to cure himself.

DE really should incorporate some of their lore in these timed events as codex entries.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

Just now, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

what about the town though what would it be?  an orbiting ship, a town on an elevator, or some bunker?

the town would be an orbiting ship, the surface is much too dangerous to land on. when you leave for the surface your orbiter lanuches you and your archwing. 

i add more info, art and change somethings around on:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1038213-syndicate-concept-matagi-plague-hunters-open-world-the-depths-of-eris/?tab=comments#comment-10373660