DE nerfed K Drive EXP?

Kaiser_Suoh

Is my imagination or with the last update i make less EXP doing tricks.

You have the same problem?

What? before update i did 2000 points in one trick, and 1/4 of them were to Ventkids standing (+500 standing points)

After Update i do the same trick and only get 600 points, AND 1/3 of them were to Ventkids standing (+200 standing points)

That is a huge nerf!! why nobody is talking about it?

15-22-1-a-7-rapid-mathematics-c-3-quick-

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

11 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

their fix to some problem regarding grind points while not grinding seems to have instead completely broken point gain from grinding

What? before update i did 2000 points in one trick, and 1/4 of them were to Ventkids standing (+500 standing points)

After Update i do the same trick and only get 600 points, AND 1/3 or 1/4 of them were to Ventkids standing (+200 standing points)

That is a huge nerf!! why nobody is talking about it?

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

I am finalizing the ventkids standing.  Have been grinding the pipe out back of fortuna.  Jump, land, get to end, jump to next pipe.  3000 points.  Today after patch, same thing.  i get 2 points less before grind, and the net is almost 500 total points.  Since I am doing this 22 times a day to get to max rep (one trip down and back on pipe), I noticed immediately it isn't giving the same XP per run.

Definite nerf.  That said, it still gives 25% of the total points earned for ventkids standing.

DD

3 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

From what I heard tapping grind mid air doesn't add to the multiplier anymore. That being said, you can still gain the same amount of points easily. You just gotta do a different trick.

This is exactly the case, I've tried it myself just lately and grinding doesn't add to the multiplier now. The XP > Standing conversion rate was left untouched though.

I made a post about this earlier but it definitely seems like a bug after the latest update. Apparently there was some bug that allowed people to do a grind to get vent kid standing without actually grinding. Thing is, fixing it basically causes grinding to not count towards your trick counter whatsoever, so now it takes two or 3 times as long to get as much standing as you would before. I posted a video about it earlier in a previous forum post, in the video it also showed how some of the tricks i performed werent counting towards the trick counter either. II found it to be super tedious before to grind for vent kid standing, now its even worse for me. I could be wrong, DE may have just nerfed it, but why exactly? Were capped on the amount of standing we can gain anyways, nerfing grinding would be completely unnecessary. I dont even use a k drive outside of vent kid standing since its a waste of time, why use that when i have a perfectly good archwing that gets me where i need to go, twice as fast

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

I made a post about this earlier but it definitely seems like a bug after the latest update. Apparently there was some bug that allowed people to do a grind to get vent kid standing without actually grinding. Thing is, fixing it basically causes grinding to not count towards your trick counter whatsoever, so now it takes two or 3 times as long to get as much standing as you would before. I posted a video about it earlier in a previous forum post, in the video it also showed how some of the tricks i performed werent counting towards the trick counter either. II found it to be super tedious before to grind for vent kid standing, now its even worse for me.

In which case, Pearl Method is no longer possible. Just grind the pipes besides fortuna then, you'll cap in 8 minutes or less.

3 минуты назад, Vanilla_nuka сказал:

I made a post about this earlier but it definitely seems like a bug after the latest update. Apparently there was some bug that allowed people to do a grind to get vent kid standing without actually grinding. Thing is, fixing it basically causes grinding to not count towards your trick counter whatsoever, so now it takes two or 3 times as long to get as much standing as you would before. I posted a video about it earlier in a previous forum post, in the video it also showed how some of the tricks i performed werent counting towards the trick counter either. II found it to be super tedious before to grind for vent kid standing, now its even worse for me.

Before nerf, on 26mr i'm spending ~1hr to maxed daily VentKinds rep... Now I must spend whole day to do that? Great! 

1 minute ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Its still possible but it takes twice as long, and you have to perform more tricks, and also hope you dont get sucked into the whirl pool in the process. Thats happened to me a few times already

Not twice as long at all. I did it it 7 minutes before nerf and 8 minutes after nerf literally just now. The trick is to gain as much air uptime as possible doing as many tricks as you can to rack up multipliers instead of short bursts of jumps and tricks.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Im mr19, I think normally it would take me like 30mins at the pearl to get all my standing for the day, I tried earlier before the reset to try and get standing, but i got bored after a while seeing that grinding wasnt even counting anymore for the trick counter. Im not even gonna waste time going for vent kid standing anymore until we hear something from DE regarding this

3 minutes ago, NaoEthelia said:

Not twice as long at all. I did it it 7 minutes before nerf and 8 minutes after nerf literally just now.

Id love to know what method your using and what MR you are lol, no way your getting 20k standing in 7 minutes, using the pearl before the bug it would take me atleast 25 to 30 mins to get to max standing

20 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Id love to know what method your using and what MR you are lol, no way your getting 20k standing in 7 minutes, using the pearl before the bug it would take me atleast 25 to 30 mins to get to max standing

MR20, so 21k Standing cap. I would post pics but unfortunately like I said before I just capped. But here is how I do it on the pipes:

• Fully charge your jump.
  • Do spins and flips then grind on pipe.
  • Repeat the first step while grinding.
  • In case you're reaching the end of the pipe, do a 180 degree on your next jump to chain your tricks further. Don't be afraid to jump with premature charge, chaining tricks > full jump.
  • Drop your tricks at 80x40, 100x30 or 120x25 to get 3,000 points.
  • Rinse and repeat until cap.

I'll just say though, if it takes you 30 minutes to cap ventkids on Pearl - I don't mean to sound elitist - but you're doing something very wrong. People have been using that method and capped for an average of 7-10 minutes, and these are without mods. In fact, I've seen someone with all of the mods capping their standing cap with just 5:40. I don't know what method you're using, but you should probably look up a video.

Edited by NaoEthelia

You can't do the same tricks after the initial jump after today's hotfix. So keep it fresh to get the multiplier working. Example: Do coptering in the first jump, do planking in the second jump, then go back doing coptering in the third jump. Rinse and Repeat.

1 hour ago, NaoEthelia said:

I'll just say though, if it takes you 30 minutes to cap ventkids on Pearl

I managed to cap in 15m today, i think whatever DE did made it easier for me to grind tbh, i find the turns smoother now when i do the 180. before my game would stutter and i would occasionally miss.

I've always done my (literal) grinding up and down the pipes just outside the entrance to Fortuna, doing jumps with random tricks along the way. Nothing has changed for me, I still get 3k points either direction. If they've changed the formula to require a variety of tricks, that explains why I haven't noticed anything :-P.