Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Labs, Dueling Rooms, Reactors As Placeable Objects In Other Rooms

KriLL3

An option to place the functionality of some rooms as a free-standing element in rooms of the dojo would be nice, instead of having to run through the new large halls to get to small rooms with one lab each inside you could put all 3 labs as consoles in one hall, would concentrate players within the same spaces and make the dojo feel more social instead of everyone vanishing into different small rooms.

Placing them could be done in a similar manner to how you place decorations.

They'd still cost the same as the rooms (materials, capacity, energy eyc), have the same requirements obviously, and the old rooms can be an option still if you prefer.

Reactors could be free-standing pillar like revolving columns like the ones inside the reactor rooms, labs are ideal as well for placing as a large compute terminal or similar, dueling rooms would fit in the middle of the halls, if done like the current dueling room's center part it wouldn't block through-traffic along with other furniture.

I think we could benefit from divorce of the concepts of physical spaces and usable objects in the dojo in general.

I've already mentioned this idea in detail in my TL;DR thread over here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98377-longer-term-ideas-for-the-new-dojo-tileset/ but figured I might as well pull it out into it's own thread for people to weigh in on with less barrier to entry.

Point, you missed it.

Whole point is that like modern houses an open plan layout is easier to navigate, a few large rooms with everything you want in them makes more sense than a few large rooms, with small rooms connected on multiple sides or connected to cross/T/elbow/straight connecting corridors, the halls are just dead space currently, they serve no real function other than increasing capacity and crossing when you need to navigate the dojo, if you could put useful stuff inside the halls all that room would have a purpose.

I don't like to brow-beat people but please at least think for a second before making a reply to something, do you like the idea, do you dislike it, if you do, why? etc, brushing off ideas in that manner is pointless waste of bandwidth.

Edited by KriLL3

Yeah kinda sucks needing to dedicate a whole floor for reactors for a large dojo. Who's going to travel those halls and reactors after seeing one once the very first time you built it? There is a lot of fat that can be trimmed. Right up there with updating halls instead of having a string of empty rooms to reach grandest.

I don't like to brow-beat people but please at least think for a second before making a reply to something, do you like the idea, do you dislike it, if you do, why? etc, brushing off ideas in that manner is pointless waste of bandwidth.

i like the way this man thinks.

at any rate, i can't even begin to disagree with any of this. everything would look better aesthetically if the floor plan of everything was larger, instead of requiring a ridiculous amount of dungeon-like tunnels everywhere to be able to fit the big rooms in near each other.

i feel like we're not actually in space, but instead digging tunnels underground. it also forces a lot more rooms than are necessary, by far. idk about anyone else, but i don't really get why even a super compact dojo needs almost 10 tunnel hallways to be able to place the rooms. nobody WANTS those tunnels everywhere, so... maybe we can just phase them out with a superior floor plan? :>

Edited by taiiat

See? those 2 gentlemen got my point, and yeah I've also suggested not having to build halls in order, legacy from when they dictated clan size I think, my moon clan's dojo has 4 halls in order of size in the middle, 1/2 of the 6 door ones would be enough.

I like it, but I don't think putting a chem lab with a dueling room in your living room is a good idea. Especially when the fireballs and guns go off.

Well no, the forcefield walls would go up around the dueling room part when a first starts same as in the dedicated room, and you shouldn't be able to put decorations/lab consoles, etc inside that space.