Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conglomerated Wukong rework

DeMonkey

Regarding the passive suggested in this thread, I'd actually like something that refers to Wukong's prodigious leaping capability.

Wukong's main traits in myth are:

-Ridiculously long leaps;

-Immense strength;

-Ridiculously huge long-ranged staff;

-Shapeshifting

-Knows lots of magic

-Immortal.

Right now the game gives you access to his cloud-walking boots, his staff, and his immortality, but not so much everything else. I think that it'd be nice if a rework also went all-in on representing as much of myth-Wukong as possible while distilling it down to four abilities and a passive. So I'd prefer a passive which is like:

• Cloudwalker: Wukong may make an additional jump in midair. Holding down jump in midair allows Wukong to float.

It's not as 'useful' or 'powerful' as a purely extended melee combo but honestly it's a useful enough passive that gives significant airborne mobility and precision.

6 minutes ago, MJ12 said:

Right now the game gives you access to his cloud-walking boots, his staff, and his immortality, but not so much everything else.

IIRC his immortality isn't even something intrinsic to Wukong, he got it via scrubbing out his name from the Book of the Dead. I remember he went off in search of immortality at the beginning of Journey to the West, but was unable to find it. Been awhile since I read the book.

So, arguably, his powers have nothing have nothing to do with Wukong himself, but the items (or lack of an item in Defy's case) he possessed. So much source material to work with and this is what we got... None of the transformations he worked for, none of the magic he learnt, none of his genuine accomplishments... No, they're basically all based on things he nicked.

6 minutes ago, MJ12 said:

Cloudwalker: Wukong may make an additional jump in midair. Holding down jump in midair allows Wukong to float.

Someone else proposed a similar thing, and I must say I do like the sound of it. I just wanted to keep the melee vibe going with it (and save me needing Drifting Contant hehe), but I'd have no qualms about something like this.

Edited by DeMonkey

• 2 weeks later...